New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30
By OmniQuetz 2012-08-07 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can BST solo and of the WoE flux fights?
 Valefor.Savain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-08-07 21:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Slimes if you don't link everything, and it may be possible to solo Hydra with Yuly and a lot of DMs, otherwise no.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-08-30 10:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yuly actually tanks that hydra pretty well if you can position her right
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2012-08-31 19:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

HAs anyone tried Isgebind yet?
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-08-31 20:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said: »

No solo but duo with a smn, took about 45min.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2012-09-07 14:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ZM 16 fight

Also did Bahamut v1 solo very easy but needed 3 Dawn Muslums to heal pet when Reward was down. I just stay out of the way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kwate
Server: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2012-10-25 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Failed Shinryu attempt this morning with Falcorr DG/RR/Zenith....no need to ride my reward timer. Used wiki's HP indicators for certain TP moves....based on the moves I didn't see I didn't get him down to 66% HP, I Fantod only when wings were closed to prevent healing him even more.

I did notice he his magic occasionally ignored -damage taken. Once Ducal kicked in his agas were doing ~400, but occasionally did ~1900, I had to do a double take...then it happened again...both times his wings were open when this took place. With the lack of damage output and Mighty Guard there was no chance for this fight within 30 min. Hope this helps.

Well geared with AF3 +2's and anwig and mirke pieces.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2012-10-25 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Think a bst can solo dewon?
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
Server: Fenrir
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-10-25 17:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Valdor said: »

Who/what is dewon?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-25 17:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yes you can, but I'd bring a duo, just in case ***. the shadowed one can give you a little hell.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-25 17:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gundulagause said: »
Who/what is dewon?

DAwon
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-10-25 17:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Who/what is dewon?

DAwon

Oh, that one. No you cant, unless your bst is top of the pops pet gear wise and unless you really know what you are doing. The constant hate resets usually make this one a nightmare solo. Bring another pup/smn/bst friend and it gets tons easier.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-10-25 18:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Who/what is dewon?

DAwon

Oh, that one. No you cant, unless your bst is top of the pops pet gear wise and unless you really know what you are doing. The constant hate resets usually make this one a nightmare solo. Bring another pup/smn/bst friend and it gets tons easier.

Even with top gear its a huge pain and u got a 50/50 chance of dieing since it resets hate and has alot of shadows.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-10-25 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Who/what is dewon?

DAwon

Even with top gear its a huge pain and u got a 50/50 chance of dieing since it resets hate and has alot of shadows.

I wholeheartedly agree.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-10-25 18:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

To elaborate, it runs with flee speed and will kick your butt faster tha you can say "jeeeze".
 Sylph.Kwate
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2012-10-26 14:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

any Apademak attempts or solos?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-26 14:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Gundul.. & Zangada

you guys are 100% right, that dude just asked if it was possible, I should've been more specific.

edit*

it IS possible, just not easy at all, & even then you might get screwed on luck. but I have solo'd him a couple times, & duo'ed a couple times as well, so don't tell him it's impossible. he will need to to optimally geared, & know what he's doing. I usually carry 3-4 "just in case ***" dawn mulsums too, so I'm not above that either. idk. hell you can solo Yilbe if you know what you're doing. (maybe not shadowed) but meh... I carry on.
 Odin.Valdor
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2012-10-26 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So it can be done, just a challenging. Which means a solo of Dawon is a true solo and not just a "sick" pet onto NM and spam reward.
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2012-10-26 16:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said: »

I think it might be possible if you had a reliable way to stun some of his tp moves. I went with DG, MC, and Apoc Atmas. Got him to around 55 percent and my Call Beast timer was down. Unintentionally drew hate from my pet and got terrorized. Isgebind proceeded to finish off my pet and then me. A duo would be very probable. That was my best solo attempt.

I did Glavoid in 56 minutes a few months back. Its the same type of fight. You have to pay close attention. Glavoid took long because the pet tends to heal him up a lot before you can 'Heel' your pet.
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2012-10-26 16:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Who/what is dewon?

DAwon

I wholeheartedly agree.

Even as a duo attempt he is tough because of the frequent hate reset. Its next to impossible to reliably stun him so you might as well go BST/NIN. If you choose to melee with the pets, be prepared for a very wacky hate distribution/reset.

With all that said... I have duo'd him with another bst and with a drg.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-10-26 19:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

/NIN will not save you solo, his paralyze move (which also resets hate if i remember right) will make it so that you cannot recast shadows when needed most.

In my expirience, Yilbe is easier to solo, just let pet tank from behind (to avoid doom move) and have a convenient amount of mulsums ready.
 Hades.Xhander
Server: Hades
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-11-13 20:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kwate said: »
any Apademak attempts or solos?

I would like to know this also. What pet and atmas would be best to use? I have a decent -pdt set and could probably bring a mage for dualbox.

Anyone try this yet? Thnx.
By Sakuhra 2012-11-20 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

well I think this is the wrong forum to ask, but with all the bst pets soloing aby nm´s by using DC/MC/RR etc and let the pet tank/kill the nm´s would this now work with a pup and the tank/dd puppet pet aswell (maybe even faster if you buy all the pup equip with haste, double attack, counter etc.) can also repair and use the dawn for heals, or am I missing something here?
Im asking because I want a solo job for some aby nm and atm I would consider bst or pup, which one would be better and why, can anyone answer this pls?
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-11-20 09:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
well I think this is the wrong forum to ask, but with all the bst pets soloing aby nm´s by using DC/MC/RR etc and let the pet tank/kill the nm´s would this now work with a pup and the tank/dd puppet pet aswell (maybe even faster if you buy all the pup equip with haste, double attack, counter etc.) can also repair and use the dawn for heals, or am I missing something here?
Im asking because I want a solo job for some aby nm and atm I would consider bst or pup, which one would be better and why, can anyone answer this pls?

I dont know anything about pup but what makes bst so good is with gear, dual axes and stout servant we can hit the pdt cap easily.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2012-11-20 09:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »

the Automaton does not get cruor buffs like a BST pet does. Unless they changed that recently.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-11-20 10:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought BST pets didn't get cruor buffs either? Unless it was changed? I remember there was a thread on fighting iron giants where pet's HP would magically go down to 50% (Which was from the HP/MP-50% of arm cannon which wore off)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-11-20 11:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1. No pet gets cruor buffs, and

2. if you're talking about using Valoredge automaton like a BST pet in Abyssea (or any solo), it depends on the NM. I play BST and PUP both (SMN as well), and I solo on all of these jobs.

In general, anything you can do on BST, you can do on PUP with Valoredge. The auto's main weakness is its low HP. Fights where the enemy has a huge "killshot", like Orthrus, are best left to BST. The other downside of the auto is that it lacks jug pets' specific elemental strengths against NMs, like Dapper Mac owning Sedna, for instance. Fights where there's an en-spell to worry about (Bennu comes to mind) are much tougher for Valoredge.

The upside is that PUP's pet has neat tools and versatility. You can get a very respectable counterattack rate in Abyssea, and the auto gets shield block/parry. The automaton can do a nice amount of damage too, with a big edge in haste over BST pets but less base damage. On some fights I use DG/RR/VV and I'll use Tactical Switch to give Cocoa an extra String Shredder every few minutes... it's an inconsistent but awesome WS (can break 3k, averages around 1500 on hard stuff).

Anyway, using Valoredge effectively takes much more preparation than soloing on BST. I think it shines more in duo with another pet job- my wife and I generally duo BST (me) and Valoredge (her), but lately we've been using Sharpshot and Valoredge duo. Armor Shatter is amazing, and gives a potent defense down effect. That combination is faster than using BST because Sharpshot does very nice damage at the cost of survivability.
By Chroph 2012-12-10 18:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I red in a post, that BST can't solo Sobek,
He can :
I did it a lot of time
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-12-10 18:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No conceivable idea why anyone would suggest otherwise. Anyone who can stay above 50% HP can solo Sobek with a fair amount of ease.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30