Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-12 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Thunderz said:
Last I heard Axe/perdu out parsed axe/Ridill?

Wut?

Think about that, Perdu has 4 Dmg, 15 Atk 5 Acc over Ridill under 100 TP,

How does that top getting TP a ***ton faster?

Show me a parse, or i would never ever believe that.

was thinking about something else

but anyways ridill is a fancy weapon you don't need it

but I still think its for TP burn onry
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-12 13:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ur thinking of Perdu Gaxe
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-12 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK/NIN with Merc Kris and Ridill owns

on zergs only

even then.....K.Club or GTFO
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2009-08-12 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly I do not own a ridill or have war 75.

I just want to state that I was in a pty recently with majiri leader of hnm LS encores and the best war and maybe dd I've ever seen. The guy was sporting an armada hauberk and maneater/ ridill. I've rarely seen birds drop so fast the only other time was with drace that owns relic bow and GK on Sam. He switched to perdu voulge mid way and switched back after about 15 mins and the damage was noticeable. The voulge was still fantastic but when he was using that maneater/ridill it was on the same page as relics.

On the note of the price, let's all just backtrack and remember this weapon is free and people buy it because they don't make the commitment to join hnm. Is it worth the going rate? Does it matter? Why do people try and craft sonic belts? For a measly 3 def? Because they can. When you have a shitload of Gil it just doesn't matter. 100 dollars isn't alot to many of us but it is to a homeless person, same applys here.

Both ga and axe/sword are great for war so why not have both if you can? It gets boring sticking to the same old thing.
 Midgardsormr.Benedicto
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Veriseph
By Midgardsormr.Benedicto 2009-08-12 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Any THF that wants to offhand a ridill instead of a mkris is a god damn fool, especially when mkris is about 30-40m cheaper.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-12 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Benedicto said:
Any THF that wants to offhand a ridill instead of a mkris is a god damn fool, especially when mkris is about 30-40m cheaper.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-12 14:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Benedicto said:
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-12 15:02:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Rumaha said:
Benedicto said:

How about give me 30-40M to slap those THFs around?
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-12 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but I still think its for TP burn onry
I don't know if this means zerg or meripo. For zerg, it's actually the opposite of the truth. Hasso is what pushes GA over ridill especially in situations like these. So why switch to ridill only in a situation where hasso's going to do more for you than ever? This is for warrior. The only good argument I've heard to doing ridill/nin in a zerg is to avoid getting killed.

For drk, is ridill/kris better than singlewield kris /nin? Guess I didn't think of it but yeah, /nin zergs can be gimpy.

The only situations where you'd use a ridill on thf (1-2salvage, farming, maybe nyzul--basically very low level mob situations) are situations where it beats m.kris. M.kris is actually almost /never/ useful. I've sometimes wanted it when I want to feed more TP to something. Or I suppose you might be able to use it /nin vs ixion, darting in and out w/ sa in order to get more tp/round. But other than that.. Also you don't need to buy ridill =P. Thieves seem to get it off faffy too.

For war I'd check my last post or helder's. Seeing it firsthand is enough to convince you. When someoene's got the proper merits (8axe/8sword, 5agressor) and the high end gear, it can be quite something. And half the beauty is that you take so little damage as well.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-12 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Let's correct this statement.

You don't "NEED" a Ridill, you really, really "WANT" one.

You "NEED" air to breathe. You "NEED" food to live.

You don't "NEED" a piece of code that is attached to your account and gives you a weapon that phenomonally increases your damage per second. In all honesty, if you moved to my server, I would be sure to place you on the blacklist as soon as I could and proceed to inform every HNM LS that you have difficulties with discerning the difference between real life and the game.

Seriously, if you don't have the time to join an "end-game LS", then why go for end-game gear? I'm sure there are people that are in a linkshell that have spent a lot of time and dedication to build it up and coordinate fighting Fafnir on a regular basis for the whole purpose of the hope of getting a Ridill for themselves or friends of theirs.

And now, you are saying, "I am willing to pay 5 million for this particular item." Basically saying, "I am more important then the several weeks/months you spent in your efforts, so give me gear." Or worse, you bought the gil online with real money, which makes you even lower than the stuff my dogs release daily.

In either case, get over yourself, discover that you are NOT the center of the universe and find an end-game linkshell that will take the time to work with you and not for you.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk

Im way too late, but just wondering if when i get to end game will i turn into this?

Im a little scared
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-12 19:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Excesspain said:
I got a kick out of this...

Yotevol said:
I would be sure to place you on the blacklist as soon as I could and proceed to inform every HNM LS that you have difficulties with discerning the difference between real life and the game.

Oxymoron?

Wouldn't that boost his chances of getting into a botting HNM shell though?

That's what I was saying! Isn't that a prerequisite to joining an HNM?
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-12 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should lock this thread.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-12 20:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Helder said:

I just want to state that I was in a pty recently with majiri leader of hnm LS encores and the best war and maybe dd I've ever seen. The guy was sporting an armada hauberk and maneater/ ridill. I've rarely seen birds drop so fast the only other time was with drace that owns relic bow and GK on Sam. He switched to perdu voulge mid way and switched back after about 15 mins and the damage was noticeable. The voulge was still fantastic but when he was using that maneater/ridill it was on the same page as relics.

On the note of the price, let's all just backtrack and remember this weapon is free and people buy it because they don't make the commitment to join hnm. Is it worth the going rate? Does it matter? Why do people try and craft sonic belts? For a measly 3 def? Because they can. When you have a shitload of Gil it just doesn't matter. 100 dollars isn't alot to many of us but it is to a homeless person, same applys here.

Both ga and axe/sword are great for war so why not have both if you can? It gets boring sticking to the same old thing.

You know what happened? He /nin'd with a Gaxe.
WAR/SAM w/ Gaxe outparses an equally skilled/equiped WAR/NIN w/ Axe/Ridill.
[+]
 Alexander.Pakalolo
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-08-12 20:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

*** a ridill, its all about the onion swoards
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-13 05:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Geldric said:
Helder said:

You know what happened? He /nin'd with a Gaxe.
WAR/SAM w/ Gaxe outparses an equally skilled/equiped WAR/NIN w/ Axe/Ridill.

This.

I've seen this Perdu VS Maneater/Ridill debate go on for ages ever since the 2H update. And personally I agree a good WAR/SAM w/ Perdu > WAR/NIN w/ Man/Ridill. I'm not saying the weapon sucks, but I don't see a reason to own it just to make my performance a bit better in a merit PT, let alone paying 5M+ for it. And if you have multiple melee I don't see a reason to put merits in Axe or Sword.* Let alone going 8/8 on those instead of G.Axe.

*= That's if you don't have something like BST/BLU/PLD where Axe or Sword merits could help you.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-08-13 09:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk >>> ridill war
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how a thread posted 6 months ago which started as a request to buy an R/E item has become a discussion about combat skill merits.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-08-13 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

This would hurt more than it would help I think. Looking at the delay alone it comes in dead last(full buffs):

M Kris /DRG = 1.1 second delay
Ridill /DRG = 1.4 second delay
B Zagh /SAM = 1.5 second delay
MK + R /NIN = 2.4 second delay
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-13 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Korpg said:

This would hurt more than it would help I think. Looking at the delay alone it comes in dead last(full buffs):

by .1 second? i may be completely wrong though 2.4 divide 2 for two weapons with same amount of hits = 1.2
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-13 14:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Korpg said:

I'm talking about BW/Souleater zergs (with BRD buffs and haste) only....

anything else, thats too weak >.>
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-08-13 14:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

I'm talking about BW/Souleater zergs (with BRD buffs and haste) only....

anything else, thats too weak >.>

The only reason to DW them is if you absolutely have to /NIN. You're also skewing the results by saying March and Haste only. /SAM with B Zagh/Fort axe gives you access to Hasso, LRDB and Sword strap. /DRG also gives you 5% more haste and an acc bonus.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-13 14:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghlin said:
I love how a thread posted 6 months ago which started as a request to buy an R/E item has become a discussion about combat skill merits.

Merits are srs business
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 18:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't water down Mercurial Kris w/ a Ridill. The issue isn't the Delay. Mercurial Kris has a better process rate for Double Hit, and it can Triple Hit as well. I'm not a dark knight, but on paper, DRK/NIN DW these doesn't look good.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-08-13 19:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

0.1 diff here and one hand gets a higher base damage. Prolly not worth discussing here without harder math. I'm sure the Drk forums have it well figured out by now so prolly no point debating it.
Quote:
I think that's what the ridill debate comes down to really. For war (what matters). Merit one way and your tp-feeding, less zerg friendly, ridill/nin is bettered. Merit another and your zerg-happy, damage-eating ga/sam is bettered. Though to be fair OP wanted it for his Thf..for 5m.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-13 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If your zerging and using a one-handed weapon, the only thing that should be offhanded is a Shield with +HP on it. Anything else and your severly gimping yourself.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8