Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-11 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Korpg said:
GA is better than Ridill because I don't want a Ridill after doing research with my Fort Axe vs Maneater/Joytoy and found out that I TP much much much faster with Fort Axe than I do with Axe/Sword combo, and I know that Ridill will not TP that much faster than Maneater/Joytoy, so whats the point of even trying to get a Ridill?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Enternius said:
Korpg said:
Words...Words...
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-08-11 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

And how many stones do you go thru on an average merit...and if you are only doing 600 RR thats pretty lol, when you might get tp twice as fast as a Ridill war but he will spam Ramage for about twice as much damage a little less offen..Winnar Ridill
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-11 16:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
As far as swords go, it is, unquestionably, the best sword in the game.

Excaliburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 Leviathan.Scid
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scid 2009-08-11 16:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread makes me lol.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 16:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:
Enternius said:

Excalibur: Damage Per Second: 12.62

Ridill: Damage Per Second: 19.32.

That's not including the fact that only RDM and PLD can use Excalibur, two totally non-DD jobs, and on top of that, Ridill WSs 3x as often which negates the 2.5x damage procs with Excalibur.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-08-11 16:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Who doesn't?

my 2 cents :D
 Bismarck.Simtny
Server: Bismarck
user: simtny
By Bismarck.Simtny 2009-08-11 16:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss my ridill
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 16:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Altar said:
Enternius said:

That's not including the fact that only RDM and PLD can use Excalibur, two totally non-DD jobs, and on top of that, Ridill WSs 3x as often which negates the 2.5x damage procs with Excalibur.
O.oa Pld and Rdm can't use Ridill.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 16:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Enternius said:
Altar said:
Enternius said:

O.oa Pld and Rdm can't use Ridill.

That's not what I said. I said only RDM and PLD can use Excalibur.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly... But, you're comparing apples and oranges... Pld and Rdm can use Excalibur, but can't use Ridill. The jobs that can use Ridill can't use Excalibur.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Exactly... But, you're comparing apples and oranges... Pld and Rdm can use Excalibur, but can't use Ridill. The jobs that can use Ridill can't use Excalibur.

We're comparing swords with swords, lol.

I get what you're saying, but Altar started it.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 16:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Altar said:
Enternius said:

u neglect the fact that,

A. Sword WS sucks, KOTR rapes them and then there is Atonement for PLD(Which cant use Ridill), but idk what KOTR is about

B. The Atk+20 NOT factored into DPS

C. Ridill isnt a true 19.32 DPS its an estimated DPS

D. 40 base dmg compared to 49 adds up a ***load in WS dmg, and i dont think it will WS 3x more often, close perhaps.

E. the additional effect of 25% of ur hp >> into DMG

BUT, Considering the jobs that can use one cant use other, whats the point in comparing them.
[+]
 Alexander.Syxx
Server: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-08-11 16:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

needs moar kraken club
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 16:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Enternius said:
Altar said:
Enternius said:

u neglect the fact that,

A. Sword WS sucks, KOTR rapes them and then there is Atonement for PLD(Which cant use Ridill), but idk what KOTR is about

B. The Atk+20 NOT factored into DPS

C. Ridill isnt a true 19.32 DPS its an estimated DPS

D. 40 base dmg compared to 49 adds up a ***load in WS dmg, and i dont think it will WS 3x more often, close perhaps.

E. the additional effect of 25% of ur hp >> into DMG

BUT, Considering the jobs that can use one cant use other, whats the point in comparing them.

A. I was mainly talking about a DD subbing NIN or some other way of WSing, but in terms of WS damage, I don't know how a 600 Vorpal Blade by a good WAR is worse than a 437 Atonement by a PLD (Outside of merits where PLD will actually have time to build up enough hate to do 750.)

B. It's true, but honestly neither PLD nor RDM are going to be stacking enough Attack to make +20 really worthwhile.

C. 19.32 is as close to a true DPS as it's going to get, though it will vary depending on how lucky you are with procs.

D. Kinda contradicting your first argument, as Atonement has nothing to do with weapon DMG.

E. It's melee damage so it's subject to resists based on DEF, so it's actually closer to 10% of your HP on most occasions.

And yes, no jobs can use both but I was talking purely in sword terms.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's like comparing the Faerie Mnk and Pup H2H weapons.... Neither job can use the other, so no reason to compare them to each other.
 Pandemonium.Fawkes
user: Fawkes
By Pandemonium.Fawkes 2009-08-11 16:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Wooooodum said:
Mountain of a molehill...

*Mountain out of a molehill...

It's ok, common mistake. :-)

Yotevol said:

Personally, I'm a team player. I don't "NEED" anything from Sky/Sea, but I have aqruired a lot of drops for my LS members because they took the time and dedicated it to the LS. So, for helping the LS, they are rewarded with a plethora of goodies.

*Acquired. It's ok, common mistake. :-)
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 16:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Who main hands Ridill?

So in fact there goes my weapon dmg point, cuz,
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17753 if ur gna main a sword.

but

A. I said Atonement cuz idk what KOTR does dmg wise, i mean a PLD in merit pt in dd gear will do over 600 vorpal, ive done it, i gotta say KOTR will do more.

B. meh, a pld can stack more atk then u think, http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101869 not even full ATK or crazy over the top gear, cuz pld can wear ares's but not as balanced, going for general good DD, Atk+61, +26 Str, and +12 Sword skill, idk base, but i reckon around 500 atk in all between max merits(75 base elvaan pld/nin str, 37 Atk + 304 skill, 350ish atk, +61 400ish, +food, +str, somewhere in that area if 1 skill = 1 atk)

C. We agree.

D. Was for RDM where they cant use Atonement and again, KOTR probably rapes Atonement hard, then weapon dmg comes back into play, i was using Vorpal Blade as my example, since using a ridill thats what ud be using, but who main hands it, so this argument is null, Organics.

E. Yes, that is true but its a + lol

Again, jobs cant use them blah blah blah, Apples Oranges, no one main hands Ridill, you main hand Excalibur, so even more so this is null void,but GDI i like making Item Sets.
 Alexander.Auronius
Server: Alexander
user: auro
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-11 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Korpg said:
GA is better than Ridill because I don't have one and am jealous of those who do.

Do you really think that all the people in this thread who chimed in to say that "Hey I'm pretty sure I read parses and data about how GA > Ridill" are just making ***up because they're jealous.

Maybe it's because, wait for this crazy stretch of logic and reason... they actually DID read parse results that show that GA actually IS better than Ridill.

I seem to remember reading about GA > ridill, but I know for a FACT that ridill for thf is teh sux.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 17:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Started that discussion entirely so i could make an item set >.>
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-08-11 17:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how many people who chime in in this thread actually have a Ridill.... I have one and I love playing with it. Like someone said earlier, you don't use it on HNM, you don't use it on guards, but you can use it on merits, nyzul, einherjar, dynamis and other events of that sort. I even use it on THF off hand every now and then when farming or fishing for angel skin. I kill my adds way faster than any other thiefs there, because the mobs are actually EP only, so who cares about low sword skill if you have the right gear and aren't fighting IT+?
I'm not trying for people to be like "oh wow, maybe ridill really isn't that bad", but I just wanted to jump in on this thread and actually give a shout out that this is a very fun weapon. It's not gimp by far. Maybe there is a small difference between GA and Maneater/Ridill, but you know what? I don't give a ***. I'm having fun with my Ridill. Good day, sir.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 17:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Who main hands Ridill?

but

A. I said Atonement cuz idk what KOTR does dmg wise, i mean a PLD in merit pt in dd gear will do over 600 vorpal, ive done it, i gotta say KOTR will do more.

B. meh, a pld can stack more atk then u think, http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101869 not even full ATK or crazy over the top gear, cuz pld can wear ares's but not as balanced, going for general good DD, Atk+61, +26 Str, and +12 Sword skill, idk base, but i reckon around 500 atk in all between max merits(75 base elvaan pld/nin str, 37 Atk + 304 skill, 350ish atk, +61 400ish, +food, +str, somewhere in that area if 1 skill = 1 atk)

C. We agree.

D. Was for RDM where they cant use Atonement and again, KOTR probably rapes Atonement hard, then weapon dmg comes back into play, i was using Vorpal Blade as my example, since using a ridill thats what ud be using, but who main hands it, so this argument is null, Organics.

Again, jobs cant use them blah blah blah, Apples Oranges, no one main hands Ridill, you main hand Excalibur, so even more so this is null void,but GDI i like making Item Sets.

Your arguments are all completely valid, except for one main thing: You overestimate KoR. Almost every (If not every) Relic WS is really-low damage but with good additional effects. Hell, even Tachi Kaiten on my friend's character only hits ~800 in Ballista whereas Gekko hits almost 1k. And Mercy Stroke is only good because even though the animation shows multihit, it's still just a single hit. Meaning the whole damage stacks with SA/TA.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 17:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, i havnt seen KOTR, but i HAVE to assume it beats VB or SB or Atonement :/
 Pandemonium.Fawkes
By Pandemonium.Fawkes 2009-08-11 17:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Who main hands Ridill?

but

C. We agree.

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=19642, also PLD can't use Black Tathlum.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 17:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:
I wonder how many people who chime in in this thread actually have a Ridill.... I have one and I love playing with it. Like someone said earlier, you don't use it on HNM, you don't use it on guards, but you can use it on merits, nyzul, einherjar, dynamis and other events of that sort. I even use it on THF off hand every now and then when farming or fishing for angel skin. I kill my adds way faster than any other thiefs there, because the mobs are actually EP only, so who cares about low sword skill if you have the right gear and aren't fighting IT+?
I'm not trying for people to be like "oh wow, maybe ridill really isn't that bad", but I just wanted to jump in on this thread and actually give a shout out that this is a very fun weapon. It's not gimp by far. Maybe there is a small difference between GA and Maneater/Ridill, but you know what? I don't give a ***. I'm having fun with my Ridill. Good day, sir.

Exactly. It all stems from jealousy. If people are willing to sell/buy it for 50M, and SE made it the hardest item in the game to get except for Mythic/Relic weapons, then it has to be at least good for something. It's even harder to get than Defending ring, and everyone knows that's the best ring for PLD, RDM, and any job that would ever take damage. Even not considering any of that, it still has normal sword damage and delay, meaning even if it DIDN'T multiattack, it would still be an acceptable weapon. You can't possibly argue that it's not good for anything unless you're jealous of people that do have it.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
yea, i havnt seen KOTR, but i HAVE to assume it beats VB or SB or Atonement :/

I have a RDM friend with Excalibur, and even in his full DD gear, it hits mid-400s on anything over EM.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 17:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Ridill back on my WAR a few years ago, before 2hand update, and it was just beast, Spampage,

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101873

GDI is was SEXXXXXXXX, wish i went for HQ Berk, i had turban, but merits was limited back then, to 12 cap, and 6 per weapon(Had 4 on shield for PLD so only 2 axe), so acc was needed swapped when needed, most fun ever.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 17:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fawkes said:

true story, i guess arco then, i forgot entirely about homam, and im avoiding AV drops lol, then http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101869 added homam, and a divisors
 Pandemonium.Fawkes
By Pandemonium.Fawkes 2009-08-11 17:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Fawkes said:

true story, i guess arco then, i forgot entirely about homam, and im avoiding AV drops lol, then http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101869 added homam, and a toreadors

Fine, we'll ignore AV but why a Joyeuse offhand when you can use a Kraken Club? And Swift Belt over Velocious Belt?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-11 17:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fawkes said:
Rumaha said:
Fawkes said:

true story, i guess arco then, i forgot entirely about homam, and im avoiding AV drops lol, then http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101869 added homam, and a toreadors

Fine, we'll ignore AV but why a Joyeuse offhand when you can use a Kraken Club? And Swift Belt over Velocious Belt?

i wouldnt offhand K club as personal preference PLD have a slight acc prob, i was going to offhand J sword, and use stones, i can see V belt, but i am just an absolute acc *** for the same reason i wont offhand K club, fair point though
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8