Link | Quote | Reply

dude... i see teet in ur avi.... hawt.
 Bahamut.Reith
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-08-11 15:05:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

@Yotevol; I understand your point of view. Most people on here are kids an tend to act immature for no apparent reason.. gets rather old.
 Alexander.Auronius
Server: Alexander
user: auro
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-11 15:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridill: The number 1 most overrated piece of equipment from any MMO. Ever.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridill: Overrated, but also one of the best weapons in the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-08-11 15:08:55

Ridill: It's just plan overrated, and not worth the effort and time some spend on trying to get one.
 Bahamut.Revision
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-11 15:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Let's correct this statement.

You don't "NEED" a Ridill, you really, really "WANT" one.

You "NEED" air to breathe. You "NEED" food to live.

You don't "NEED" a piece of code that is attached to your account and gives you a weapon that phenomonally increases your damage per second. In all honesty, if you moved to my server, I would be sure to place you on the blacklist as soon as I could and proceed to inform every HNM LS that you have difficulties with discerning the difference between real life and the game.

Seriously, if you don't have the time to join an "end-game LS", then why go for end-game gear? I'm sure there are people that are in a linkshell that have spent a lot of time and dedication to build it up and coordinate fighting Fafnir on a regular basis for the whole purpose of the hope of getting a Ridill for themselves or friends of theirs.

And now, you are saying, "I am willing to pay 5 million for this particular item." Basically saying, "I am more important then the several weeks/months you spent in your efforts, so give me gear." Or worse, you bought the gil online with real money, which makes you even lower than the stuff my dogs release daily.

In either case, get over yourself, discover that you are NOT the center of the universe and find an end-game linkshell that will take the time to work with you and not for you.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk

Get off your high chocobo.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as swords go, it is, unquestionably, the best sword in the game.

As far as offhand weapons go, it is, unquestionably the best offhand weapon in the game.

Seeing as how WAR with GA is still better, and BLU or PLD can't even use it, that doesn't leave very many options open for this sword, but a THF offhanding it or a RNG TPing with it will get you further than any other offhand/TP weapon.

Does that make it worth 50M? I don't think so.

Does that make it worth at least 5M? For sure.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-11 15:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Auronius said:
Ridill: The number 1 most overrated piece of equipment from any MMO. Ever.

Its overrated, only Axe/Sword WARs would use it. Even then, GA > Axe anyday....

Get a Fort Axe if you want to TP fast....
 Alexander.Auronius
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-11 15:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR / THF / DRK / BST / RNG / SAM

Please explain exactly which of these jobs Ridill is the best weapon for?

None.

All Ridill is good for is farming and standing around WG and saying, "Hi, I have high tolerance for EXTREME boringness and botting." What an... accomplishment?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-11 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Seeing as how WAR with GA is still better, and BLU or PLD can't even use it, that doesn't leave very many options open for this sword, but a THF offhanding it or a RNG TPing with it will get you further than any other offhand/TP weapon.

Any RNG who TPs using a Ridill needs to shoot themselves in the foot.

THFs offhanding Ridill....maybe, but it really depends on the gear of the THF. More Att+/Haste+ than STR and I might see that as a possibility...
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-08-11 15:17:13

As Enternius said, it's alright for thf to off-hand, but really.. I only see it useful for wars that are extremly geared out, that can make up the loss of not useing a GA.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-11 15:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Any RNG who TPs using a Ridill needs to shoot themselves in the foot.

Culvern? <.>
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-11 15:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Reith said:
As Enternius said, it's alright for thf to off-hand, but really.. I only see it useful for wars that are extremly geared out, that can make up the loss of not useing a GA.

The loss is still there.

Pimped out WAR/NIN using Axe/Ridill still fails since that Pimped out WAR/NIN can still use Perdu/Fort/Byakko's and do ***more damage than Axe can give you....
 Bahamut.Reith
user:
By Bahamut.Reith 2009-08-11 15:20:34

Korpg said:
Reith said:

The loss is still there.

Pimped out WAR/NIN using Axe/Ridill still fails since that Pimped out WAR/NIN can still use Perdu/Fort/Byakko's and do ***more damage than Axe can give you....

lol Yeah, it's still there, but I'm just saying war is probably the only job that can make the only use out of it, without failing that horribly.
 Alexander.Auronius
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-11 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
As far as swords go, it is, unquestionably, the best sword in the game.

As far as offhand weapons go, it is, unquestionably the best offhand weapon in the game.

Does that make it worth 50M? I don't think so.

Does that make it worth at least 5M? For sure.

Thf (and i assume rng) Sword skill is far too low to make Ridill for it to be more effective than another dagger on anything worth fighting, including colibri.
 Siren.Chrichri
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2009-08-11 15:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf has 200 skill in sword. Even with merits and a suppa that's a massive amount of lost accuracy from the skill difference alone. If you want to occasionally whiff 2 to 3 times, offhand a ridill on thf.

edit: yeah, what the guy above me said.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have even a 33% hit rate with Ridill, you'll still TP faster than with any other dagger except Mercurial Kris, and your hits that do land will do 6-10x as much as Merc Kris. Seeing as how having 200 skill will lower your hit rate by...Oh...20-25%, giving you at least a 75% hit rate, offhanding Ridill will still at the very least, double your TP gain, and massively improve your DoT.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-11 15:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about Thf but using ridill offhand for rng parser's much slower than even just normal distanced ranged attacks. Go in close to mob then back to WS spot is too time consuming. Not to mention you will have to use acc food instead of rattk food.
 Alexander.Auronius
By Alexander.Auronius 2009-08-11 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, I don't know much more about this than Enternius, who apparently knows... less than me.
What target are you talking about? Colibri? I'm completely inept at math, but I'm puh-ritty sure 200 skill will not yield a 75% hit rate on colibri...

It's well known even among thieves who do minimal research (like myself) that offhanding Ridill is for farming onry. Skill is too low, accuracy too poor. Offhanding a dagger TPs you faster.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
I don't know about Thf but using ridill offhand for rng parser's much slower than even just normal distanced ranged attacks.

If you're using a TPing weapon, you don't use a normal bow. You use Culverin+1 and Cannon shells

TPing 100 TP in 30 seconds and then WSing for 4k is some of the best damage a RNG can get, period, which by extension is some of the best damage any job can do over a prolonged period of time.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-08-11 15:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ everyone who said GA > Axe/Ridill..
Maybe for what HNM, Gods, Kirin, Sea stuff? But for fun stuff in this game I would much rather use Ridill on war(he is clearly talking about thf, im not). Fun stuff might include Merits for sure, Nyzul Isle, Dynamis, Einhenjar, Farming, and thats just a few. GA is boring as hell for birds and Axe/Ridill owns..From my experience I would much rather have a Ridill war than a Perdu GA in merits..

Back to OP: If you find a someone that will sell you a Ridill for 5m take that luck..drop everything and fly/run/drive/walk your *** you Vegas..cuz you're one lucky son of a ***.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-11 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Revision said:
I don't know about Thf but using ridill offhand for rng parser's much slower than even just normal distanced ranged attacks.

If you're using a TPing weapon, you don't use a normal bow. You use Culverin+1 and Cannon shells

TPing 100 TP in 30 seconds and then WSing for 4k is some of the best damage a RNG can get, period, which by extension is some of the best damage any job can do over a prolonged period of time.

Sorry but the only multi hit weapon that can improve a rng would be a kclub. The trade off of using acc food vs attk food isn't worth it. Your not gonna WS more than 2500 on suihi with culverin. Most Rng's can tp 100 in less than 30 secs anyway.

edit: Only time trade off for suishi vs rattk food is worth it is a kclub. I can see if you already have a ridill and you wanna use it on rng for fun but I would out parser you using curry buns and ebow. I don't care what gun you use.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-11 15:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Zorander said:
Maybe for what HNM, Gods, Kirin, Sea stuff? But for fun stuff in this game I would much rather use Ridill on war(he is clearly talking about thf, im not). Fun stuff might include Merits for sure, Nyzul Isle, Dynamis, Einhenjar, Farming, and thats just a few. GA is boring as hell for birds and Axe/Ridill owns..From my experience I would much rather have a Ridill war than a Perdu GA in merits..

Back to OP: If you find a someone that will sell you a Ridill for 5m take that luck..drop everything and fly/run/drive/walk your *** you Vegas..cuz you're one lucky son of a ***.

GA > Ridill

might be more fun but for the super serious peeps its the dmg that counts not the countless swings
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Enternius said:
Revision said:

Sorry but the only multi hit weapon that can improve a rng would be a kclub. The trade off of using acc food vs attk food isn't worth it. Your not gonna WS more than 2500 on suihi with culverin. Most Rng's can tp 100 in less than 30 secs anyway.

I WS for 3000~ with E Bow, it would be sad if I couldn't do more with a Culverin and capped Marksmanship merits.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-08-11 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

3k is ok if your using suishi. Should do more with attk food plus how many people would fork over cannon shell money for a merit pt? Forgive me but it just seems to be reaching.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
3k is ok if your using suishi. Should do more with attk food plus how many people would fork over cannon shell money for a merit pt? Forgive me but it just seems to be reaching.

Lol, if you only do WSs with the shells, that's 5k for 12 WSs >.> Not that bad.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-08-11 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

*insert wall of text here*
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-08-11 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
[quote=Zorander]..

GA > Ridill

might be more fun but for the super serious peeps its the dmg that counts not the countless swings

For event type crap yes GA will win the damage game. But for all that other stuff in this game, the lovely Perdu will often fall short of a Axe/Ridill war or a Ridill/Joy (Birds onry) war. If I had a Ridill my Perdu would never see the light of day..and it would be well worth it!

*All of this depends on gear and merits..I have 8/8 Axe and 8/8 Sword merits so I will always favor Axe/joy..yes go ahead and lol@joy I don't mind.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-11 15:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zorander said:

Merits: If you don't use Fort Axe, you are gimping yourself. Don't tell me that its harder to get a 100% drop in sea than it is to get a 10% drop from a 3-7 day NM....

Farming: Maybe, but in all honesty, why? GA still outpwns Ridill during farms and you don't have to sub /NIN to use that lolsword.

Nyzul/Ein/Dynamis: GA still pwns, same reason as merit party.....

Fort Axe with the 5 hit setup means you WS once every 3 hits....that means you are going to WS 2x per bird, 2x more than any SAM (except maybe the Meditate spamming, TP buring, 5-6 hit SAMs, then maybe 1.5x more than him) and 3x+ more than any other DD....

and don't say gimp damage either, cause whats better, 3x 600 raging rush per 1x 1200 raging rush?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-11 15:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
GA is better than Ridill because I don't have one and am jealous of those who do.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8