By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-14 17:53:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Perdu Voulge.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 17:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

General economics, money (gil) for products (Ridill) and services (ls doing fafhogg).

There's nothing wrong in offering money for a Rare/Ex item. People do it all the time and people sell all the time. Just because OP offered an amount that's kind of ridiculous for an item that's generally -very- rare doesn't mean you have to flamebait him.

A simple, "that's not enough gil" is enough. Regardless of what you say on a forum "yeah I was relaxed, I was really relaxed" after the fact Woo..odum completely owned you doesn't mean you were. Everyone who read your post knew you weren't calm and knew you came in here to prove a point all gung ho. If you honestly think we believe your crap about you being "relaxed" during your first reply, you're more naive than what you initially thought we all were. It's just a game, it's just gil, it's just killing a NM that takes a month or four and it's just a sword. Calm down =).

And btw: everything has a price on it regardless of what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQHfoz9Be7U

:)
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 18:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Princemercury said:
General economics, money (gil) for products (Ridill) and services (ls doing fafhogg). There's nothing wrong in offering money for a Rare/Ex item. People do it all the time and people sell all the time. Just because OP offered an amount that's kind of ridiculous for an item that's generally -very- rare doesn't mean you have to flamebait him. A simple, "that's not enough gil" is enough. Regardless of what you say on a forum "yeah I was relaxed, I was really relaxed" after the fact Woo..odum completely owned you doesn't mean you were. Everyone who read your post knew you weren't calm and knew you came in here to prove a point all gung ho. If you honestly think we believe your crap about you being "relaxed" during your first reply, you're more naive than what you initially thought we all were. It's just a game, it's just gil, it's just killing a NM that takes a month or four and it's just a sword. Calm down =). And btw: everything has a price on it regardless of what you think.

Considering what you said, I have to wonder how you can know how exactly I was feeling.
In all honesty, it was a feeling I had, no one else. So, in saying that I was relaxed and speaking the truth, no one would know except me. Therefore, I have nothing to prove how I was feeling (relaxed or otherwise). All I have, and continue to have, is my word. Which I have fought for my entire life.

In fact, I have fought for other people's word, because I trusted them. That's why I am in the military as an Officer. That's why I have many people that work, live and survive with me while deployed over in the Middle East.
Even when I was almost shot by a 50-cal round from an auto-machine gun. My people trust me. Real life people, in a real life circumstance- they trust me. So, you will forgive me if I don't take your distrust in my words seriously.

After all, when you are being shot at, I'm sure you would get very emotional.

And after that, you get online and respond, with honesty, to a post.
I don't know about you, but I am pretty certain I stayed relaxed througout my response. I doubt it had the same impact as a bullet.

For your information though, I have a degree from the University of San Diego in Business Economics.
I understand something of Economics, but that doesn't change my opinion. Keep trying though, you might catch a spelling mistake!

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-14 18:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:

Seriously, if you don't have the time to join an "end-game LS", then why go for end-game gear? I'm sure there are people that are in a linkshell that have spent a lot of time and dedication to build it up and coordinate fighting Fafnir on a regular basis for the whole purpose of the hope of getting a Ridill for themselves or friends of theirs.

And now, you are saying, "I am willing to pay 5 million for this particular item." Basically saying, "I am more important then the several weeks/months you spent in your efforts, so give me gear." Or worse, you bought the gil online with real money, which makes you even lower than the stuff my dogs release daily.

In either case, get over yourself, discover that you are NOT the center of the universe and find an end-game linkshell that will take the time to work with you and not for you.

~Yotevol

lol, there are plenty of ls' that sell drops, a lot of them even in bazaar here on ffxi ah. I don't see where he said was going to try to buy a ridill someone else was up for because most ls wouldn't even sell the drop if someone in their shell needed. While Ridill would be a very crappy example, there may be a shell that actually doesn't need the item someone wants to buy, but just to look at my point,
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16555
Look at bazaar, 6 that are selling ridill.

As for buying one for 5m, gl with that.
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Considering what you said, I have to wonder how you can know how exactly I was feeling.
In all honesty, it was a feeling I had, no one else. So, in saying that I was relaxed and speaking the truth, no one would know except me. Therefore, I have nothing to prove how I was feeling (relaxed or otherwise). All I have, and continue to have, is my word. Which I have fought for my entire life.

In fact, I have fought for other people's word, because I trusted them. That's why I am in the military as an Officer. That's why I have many people that work, live and survive with me while deployed over in the Middle East when I was almost shot by a 50-cal round from an auto-machine gun. My people trust me. Real life people, in a real life circumstance- they trust me. So, you will forgive me if I don't take your distrust in my words seriously.

After all, when you are being shot at, I'm sure you would get very emotional.

And after that, you get online and respond, with honesty, to a post.
I don't know about you, but I am pretty certain I stayed relaxed througout my response. I doubt it had the same impact as a bullet.

For your information though, I have a degree from the University of San Diego in Business Economics.
I understand something of Economics, but that doesn't change my opinion. Keep trying though, you might catch a spelling mistake!

~Yotevol

Found a spelling mistake. Tagged with bold for your ease of viewing. ^^

Several others and I have read your post and knew you were upset and trying to prove a point. Your lies won't stick regardless. About the "I'm behind my own word" blah blah, okay, but we're not dumb, we can tell the mood of an individual by their tone in a post.

As for you being in the military, I don't care. And I can think of 30% of others who don't care. And I can think of 30% of my paycheck that goes to you to "defend" and kill others, that doesn't care. So keep your martyr military *** to yourself. Keep the civilians that want nothing to do with it out of it.

Education? I have 2 degrees one is MS in Particle Physics from JHU. Want to compare your peen size to that?

Yotevol said:
"I am willing to pay 5 million for this particular item." Basically saying, "I am more important then the several weeks/months you spent in your efforts, so give me gear."

OP never stated any of that. So Mr."BA ECONOMICS", you're trying to tell the general FFXI population that the time spent coordinating a strategy isn't worth in game currency? Perhaps you should retake your microeconomics course. And English :).

To the OP: offer a higher amount, I'm sure there's someone out there who would be happy to sell their lotting rights for 40-50 mil.

As for Officer war "hero" with an economics bachelors (that I probably paid for), get over yourself.
[+]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 18:23:02

This thread answer in auto-translate:

{/laugh} {No thanks.}
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

{/laugh} {No thanks.}

That would have been just fine ^^.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

{/laugh} {No thanks.}

In Japan, that translates as "{/stares hysterically} {Yes, Please!}".
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 18:31:22

{/I'm laughing at you, not with you!} {Why you ask?} {Because we are SE and all of our auto-translates will be rude, lolduh!} {/checks}
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the JP version before, sad to say all the translations are very close.

Guess that means most Japs really do disrespect us XD.
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 18:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I am willing to admit my mistakes, you refuse to believe in my sincerity. I have no need for lies.
Why would I even lie in a post where I admit my mistakes?
Clearly, you are a very depressed individual that refuses to believe in fellow people and wishes only to point out faults.

Yes, my college degree was paid for by the military and the civian populous. If you had a choice, I'm sure you would choose to do otherwise.

However, that is mindset and opinion that I believe in, the choice to believe one way or another.

Economics is only a philosophy. You can understand the basics shortly, but turnaround spend a lifestime studying it. Clearly, you haven't given any thought to "opportunity costs". If you want to calculate the time and effort of each person in that linkshell and their dedication to the time for each Fafnir, until the inevitable drop (~11%) and compare it to the time possibly spent farming/crafting by other means (~3hrs per day until it drops), you can easily see that an average linkshell that takes Fafnir down would have to charge about 50-100 mil easily for that sword. That being said, you have the added costs of additional people in the LS that want that sword.... /sigh

But, I digress...

So, regardless of your opinion, I choose to see your degrees and view your post as playful banter of a bored individual, as I am.
I do hope you have enjoyed our conversations, I have entirely!

~Yotevol
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 18:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we got our points through, have a good one.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-14 19:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

awww he totally ignored my post ; ;
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-01-14 20:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf did I miss D: oh, and Woooodum.. why you got boob shot in a wedding gown :O
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 20:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Marigrim said:
wtf did I miss D: oh, and Woooodum.. why you got boob shot in a wedding gown :O

Because it looks pretty =)
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-01-14 20:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming from someone who clocks all his free time in writing sci-fi stories or playing FFXI:
Some of you guys have ::entirely:: too much time on your hands o.o;
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-14 21:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nours said:
Perdu Voulge.

lol. this is the answer to almost every warrior question.
 Diabolos.Halion
Server: Diabolos
user: Halion
By Diabolos.Halion 2009-01-14 21:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkraziel said:
Whoooooaaaa i didnt want to start a fight on here. I have did endgame in the past. Just with my new job i dont have the time to dedicate like i did in the past. My thief is going to be needing one soon and i didnt know how else to get one. And another thing about endgame ls's while im here. If i could find a reliable one. Id more then likely join it. Ive spent pretty much my whole time on FFXI leveling jobs i like to play. All the EGLS's ive been reading up on only want players who have mage jobs as well as melee. For me personally thats not possible because i only level melee jobs. I would take the time to join and show up when i could if there was a halfway decent one out there. Ive said my peace.

Darkraziel said:
My thief is going to be needing one soon and i didnt know how else to get one.

Darkraziel said:
thief

Don't worry though guy Perdu Voulge will solve all your problems.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-14 22:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling a real DD job would solve all his problems.
[+]
 Odin.Marigrim
Server: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2009-01-14 22:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Because it looks pretty =)

true true..
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-14 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is lame, I don't even want to comment on any of the douchebaggery so i'll stick to the main topic here.

Anyone who has ever even remotely done any endgame at all, even just a little sky can tell you:

Ridill > 5mil.

Honestly, did you buy your account and not really having any experience which you claim errr... ok, i'm losing my train of thought here, Being a level 75 with any amount of knowledge of endgame at all... WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK that you can obtain one of the most rare ground king drops for only 5 mil?

If it were as easy as 5 measly mil i would have had one long ago. Please... if you're gonna toss money around, do it right. All I have to say on this topic.
 Shiva.Andromache
Server: Shiva
user: Khan
By Shiva.Andromache 2009-01-14 23:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all missing the real point here,

Yotevol=fail

Yotevol says to Darkraziel:

Yotevol said:
Let's correct this statement.

You don't "NEED" a Ridill, you really, really "WANT" one.

You "NEED" air to breathe. You "NEED" food to live.

You don't "NEED" a piece of code that is attached to your account and gives you a weapon that phenomonally increases your damage per second. In all honesty, if you moved to my server, I would be sure to place you on the blacklist as soon as I could and proceed to inform every HNM LS that you have difficulties with discerning the difference between real life and the game.

Yotevol then says in a later post:

Yotevol said:
Someday, I may also need a Ridill for my THF

you should watch what you flame on ppl about if you say the same ***FAIL!
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 23:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, yeah, what a good DD piece that Ridill is for WAR.

<Insert link to picture of dead horse>
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-14 23:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK that you can obtain one of the most rare ground king drops for only 5 mil?

Ridill isn't that rare. It isn't a 50% droprate but it drops more often than a lot of other items that sell for less. R/Ex item price isn't determined by how often the item drops or even the quality of the item. It's about how much people are willing to pay since they can't get it from anyone else.

LSes selling Ridills are able to do so because no one in their LS needs or wants one which means they claim a very high percentage of the time. If another LS does happen to claim they probably have quite a few people who need a Ridill so they won't be selling. If you want a Ridill you have to buy from them so they'll set the price as high as they want. This is one of the problems with the buying and selling of R/Ex items.
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-15 07:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You're denying that it's one of the most rare GROUND KING drops?

umm sorry dude but the only thing i can think of that drops less from kings is D ring...

Either you've seen some kind of phenomenal ridill drop rates or you don't know what you speak of.

At any rate your point about what people are willing to pay for it is directly related to it's rarity as well, if ridill dropped 100% do you think an ls would try to pull so much money for it? no, simple supply and demand, people wouldn't pay that much if it was common.
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-15 08:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI_6th_Anniversary_Mog_Bonanza

^ I mean no one is going to pay 100mil but it gives you an idea as to the value as SE sees it.

20-30mil is a more reasonable price in the end. However with all the LS's that have them for sale, I never hear about people actually buying them.
 Asura.Mikerocca
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-15 08:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a little late coming in here but....

Ridill.

5 mil.

THF.

lmao
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-15 08:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:

Thief not a real DD job...? o~k.... no comment, Afk4lyfe.

I whole heartedly agree that a Ridill thief makes me laugh.
If your campaigning I can understand. If your soloing sure knock yourself out. If your farming, good job?

But a Ridill thief exping? For anything endgame orientated, or for that matter anything conventional? Well Have fun with your accuracy Sushi Build For your D skill rated Sword. Looks like the Scorpion harness is back in business. /sadface

The reason it goes mainly to wars is because of their B rated base skill. They can actually pull it off. I don't know actual Skill numbers in comparison to each other but that little alphabet song we learn back in kindergarten tells us B comes before C AND D. see look i'll show you A, B, C, D! /phonesupArnold "who is your daddy and what does he do" See the govenator agrees.
 Asura.Mikerocca
user: kord
By Asura.Mikerocca 2009-01-15 08:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Malicfayt said:
Baelorn said:
Thief not a real DD job...? o~k.... no comment, Afk4lyfe. I whole heartedly agree that a Ridill thief makes me laugh. If your campaigning I can understand. If your soloing sure knock yourself out. If your farming, good job? But a Ridill thief exping? For anything endgame orientated, or for that matter anything conventional? Well Have fun with your accuracy Sushi Build For your D skill rated Sword. Looks like the Scorpion harness is back in business. /sadface The reason it goes mainly to wars is because of their B rated base skill. They can actually pull it off. I don't know actual Skill numbers in comparison to each other but that little alphabet song we learn back in kindergarten tells us B comes before C AND D. see look i'll show you A, B, C, D! /phonesupArnold "who is your daddy and what does he do" See the govenator agrees.

It's not the skill so much as the fact Ridill and Triple Attack don't get along. Merit sword, pop sushi, use a semi decent acc build and you'd be fine on stupid stuff like birds.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-01-15 08:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
You're denying that it's one of the most rare GROUND KING drops?

I am denying it is one of the most rare ground king drops. It drops over 10% of the time and in my opinion that is not that rare. Also if they're selling Ridills it means they're maxed out on them. In no way is a Ridill worth 1/3rd or even 1/4th of a relic. The price is extremely inflated.

Supply and Demand doesn't apply to R/Ex item drops. You can keep pretending it does though.

Edit: The THF DD thing was a joke. A well-geared THF can do great damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8