i need a ridill
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Darkraziel
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Darkraziel 2009-01-14 16:00:17
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I am looking into getting a ridill without joining a HNMLS. i am willing to pay 5 mil for this particular item. I am also willing to move to a new server to get this particular item. I do not have the time to join a EGLS thats why this is my only option. if anyone is interested feel free to message me on here.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's correct this statement.

You don't "NEED" a Ridill, you really, really "WANT" one.

You "NEED" air to breathe. You "NEED" food to live.

You don't "NEED" a piece of code that is attached to your account and gives you a weapon that phenomonally increases your damage per second. In all honesty, if you moved to my server, I would be sure to place you on the blacklist as soon as I could and proceed to inform every HNM LS that you have difficulties with discerning the difference between real life and the game.

Seriously, if you don't have the time to join an "end-game LS", then why go for end-game gear? I'm sure there are people that are in a linkshell that have spent a lot of time and dedication to build it up and coordinate fighting Fafnir on a regular basis for the whole purpose of the hope of getting a Ridill for themselves or friends of theirs.

And now, you are saying, "I am willing to pay 5 million for this particular item." Basically saying, "I am more important then the several weeks/months you spent in your efforts, so give me gear." Or worse, you bought the gil online with real money, which makes you even lower than the stuff my dogs release daily.

In either case, get over yourself, discover that you are NOT the center of the universe and find an end-game linkshell that will take the time to work with you and not for you.

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 16:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell

Why do you care so much, then?

You totally just blew everything he said out of proportion, made a massive deal out of nothing. Where did he imply his money is worth more than anyone's effort? Then you imply to accuse him of buying the gil, and then you tell him he's something a dog would put on your shoe?

Yotevol said:
In either case, get over yourself, discover that you are NOT the center of the universe and find an end-game linkshell that will take the time to work with you and not for you.

Just wow, you have issues...

(Some advice for you though Darkraziel, you won't get a Ridill from any shell for 5mil, you'll probably need a sum five times that for people to even consider your request)
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Why do you care so much, then? You totally just blew everything he said out of proportion, made a massive deal out of nothing, and you're not even who the post is aimed at? Just wow... Some advice for you though Darkraziel, you won't get a Ridill from any shell for 5mil.

Yes, I do care. Yet, I have stayed relaxed. I'm not mad.
Unfortunately that is the unsurmountable problem that forums have. You can't hear the sincerity or relaxation in my voice.
My statement was true and directly honest.
I just severely dislike people like this that believe they can solve their problems with enough money/gil.
Oh well. Someday, we (human race) will move beyond monetary necessities.

~Yotevol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 16:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see where he suggested he likes to solve problems with money and gil, though. Are we reading two different posts, or have I missed something?
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-14 16:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

this topic made me LOL.

If you really think

#1 that someone is going to sell you a Ridill, you might be right...

#2 That your going to get one for 5mil gil? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hold on, gotta catch my breath....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#3 That your just gonna walk to DA and expect it to drop in the first month. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You sir are sadly mistaken.
[+]
 Odin.Darkraziel
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Darkraziel 2009-01-14 16:25:03
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Whoooooaaaa i didnt want to start a fight on here. I have did endgame in the past. Just with my new job i dont have the time to dedicate like i did in the past. My thief is going to be needing one soon and i didnt know how else to get one. And another thing about endgame ls's while im here. If i could find a reliable one. Id more then likely join it. Ive spent pretty much my whole time on FFXI leveling jobs i like to play. All the EGLS's ive been reading up on only want players who have mage jobs as well as melee. For me personally thats not possible because i only level melee jobs. I would take the time to join and show up when i could if there was a halfway decent one out there. Ive said my peace.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkraziel said:
I am looking into getting a ridill without joining a HNMLS. i am willing to pay 5 mil for this particular item. I am also willing to move to a new server to get this particular item. I do not have the time to join a EGLS thats why this is my only option. if anyone is interested feel free to message me on here, or you can email me at perfectcell2@gmail.com

Quite blatently said here.
He wants to receive a Ridill, but doesn't want to join an LS that prioritizes camping this. So, in order to circumvent that, he offers gil to any LS on any server to get the fight, kill the NM and let him claim the sword.

Let's break it down:
His problem - He wants a Ridill without dedicating the time to an LS
His solution - Offer any LS on any server 5 million gil

I hope this helps.

~Yotevol
[+]
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-14 16:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In before the flames rise higher.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1250&lp=1#10491

Darkraziel Feel free to take advantage of the sites built in Wanted/Bazaar feature. Good luck to ya.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 16:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<

Brick wall..
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkraziel said:
Whoooooaaaa i didnt want to start a fight on here. I have did endgame in the past. Just with my new job i dont have the time to dedicate like i did in the past. My thief is going to be needing one soon and i didnt know how else to get one. And another thing about endgame ls's while im here. If i could find a reliable one. Id more then likely join it. Ive spent pretty much my whole time on FFXI leveling jobs i like to play. All the EGLS's ive been reading up on only want players who have mage jobs as well as melee. For me personally thats not possible because i only level melee jobs. I would take the time to join and show up when i could if there was a halfway decent one out there. Ive said my peace.

My suggestion, without sarcasm, is to find a new HNMLS or end-game LS and work with them on the details.
It would make everything a lot easier for you and the linkshell.
I'm sure many linkshells would love the addition of another member willing to better himself and stick with the linkshell.
For that, I wish you the best of luck! Someday, I may also need a Ridill for my THF, but I'll be patient enough to wait until I can dedicate the time required to an HNMLS.

Good luck!

~Yotevol
[+]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 16:29:52

Rawrr.
My douchebaggary senses are tingling...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 16:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my gosh, he just asked if anyone wanted to sell a Ridill to him?

If you were a linkshell leader, your response would be, "No, sorry." and that would be that. That's the response he's probably going to get out of about fifty shells if he asked them (especially for that mundane price, lol).

I really don't understand what you're making a deal out of or why? Why do you care so much if he buys a Ridill from someone? It's not your shell, it's not your friends, it's not even your server...

Just let it go and let everyone tell him "No!"
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-01-14 16:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a problem with this ... endgame shells very frequently sell drops, including ones their members still would want to have. Aside from folks buying gil, I see no issues with either end of the transaction as long as the parties agree to everything in advance.

Sure, 5 mil is unlikely to be enough for a Ridill, but I don't doubt you could find a figure that a shell would accept. 15-20 mil feels about right.

I run an endgame shell myself, and have seen many drops sold in my previous shell as well. As the old saying goes, everything has a price.
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Rawrr. My douchebaggary senses are tingling...

Agreed! LOL

~Yotevol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 16:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Haseyo said:
Rawrr. My douchebaggary senses are tingling...

Agreed! LOL

~Yotevol

That made my night :D
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-01-14 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is selling ridills for 5mil, i'll buy one too. lol~

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16555

there is a list of people selling them with their prices, check it out.
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-01-14 16:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the point I was trying to make was this.

He is offering 5mil for a Ridill. If he would just go look at the Bazaar list for Ridills on this site, Im sure he would of thought twice about making this topic.

Bazaar (6)
Player Price
Bismarck.Doompie 40,000,000
Carbuncle.Ramzus 30,000,000
Hades.Zimph 50,000,000
Hades.Alariko 50,000,000
Kujata.Xer 40,000,000
Titan.Harrisbanks 40,000,000

5mil for a ridill? come on now. I didn't even think he was serious at first. Hell it was a 50mil item durring the mog bananza. Have a little common sense is all im saying.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Yotevol said:
Just wow, you have issues... (Some advice for you though Darkraziel, you won't get a Ridill from any shell for 5mil, you'll probably need a sum five times that for people to even consider your request)

Yes, I have issues. We all have our own issues. People that believe they don't have issues, definately have issues and refuse to admit it.

You know what else is funny? The fact that many agree with me. If someone doesn't that's fine, everyone has their own point of view.

Personally, I'm a team player. I don't "NEED" anything from Sky/Sea, but I have aqruired a lot of drops for my LS members because they took the time and dedicated it to the LS. So, for helping the LS, they are rewarded with a plethora of goodies.

You can imagine the excitement a BLM gets when she spent 2 years in a different LS and never gets a chance at Zenith Gloves. Then she joins my LS for 2 weeks and gets the drop! These are the moments that make my dedication to the LS worthwhile.

Also, envision this:
You spend 3 years with a linkshell only to find that the LS Leader pilfers the bank and uses it for his own pleasure. That NEVER happens right?

Wrong. I know it does, I've seen it. Hell, it's happened to me on more than one occasion.

So, you can imagine the sheer bliss my member get when they hear that I split the bank and give everyone a share of it base on the amount of time they spend dedicated to the LS! To me, it's a simple Excel formula that calculates it all for me, all I have to do is put in the times/dates of their attendence and BAM, they have a share.

The unbridled joy that ensues from my members is baffling. Apparently, many other LS Leaders aren't this way.

Maybe I should change? Maybe the LS Leader power will corrupt me? I don't know.

But, I'll be damned if I let someone use my member's as a Mercenary LS. They earned those drops, they get those drops.

End of story. :-)

~Yotevol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 17:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mountain of a molehill...

Your post is lovely, and good job on your shell, but your shell doesn't even fight Fafnir so why are you going on and on about something that really has nothing to do with you or your shell? ><
[+]
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 17:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

*Mountain out of a molehill...

It's ok, common mistake. :-)

Although, you do have a point about my linkshell not being an HNM LS, that isn't the point.
It was an informative discussion with my point of view and it stated a clear picture.
If someone were to make a post on "I need Kirin's Osode, I'll pay an LS to kill him", I would have said the same thing.

Clearly, you have trouble with transversing the intentions that I was trying to make.
That's ok though, I have a lot of patience.

~Yotevol
[+]
 Remora.Devek
Server: Remora
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-14 17:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use a 2 handed weapon and save a few gil?
[+]
 Asura.Melisia
user: Soraku
By Asura.Melisia 2009-01-14 17:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

5 million gil is the means that he has worked to an extent that has earned him 5 million gil. Think of the gil as work in a physical concrete form. This is the basic concept behind money in real life. You do a certain amount of work to earn money, so you trade that money for a service or something you want worth the markets current value of said service or item. Trading gil for an item should not be looked down upon.

I believe the argument Yotevol is trying to make here is that ra/ex items should not be bought because there is no amount of gil that equivocates to the amount of work/time/memories put into getting it the traditional way. While I agree with that logic I understand that every player has their own means of playing this game. Since our friend Darkraziel over here obviously plays the game in a way that he is able to collect gil with greater ease then the items themselves. For that reason I think it is fair for him to buy a ridill.

As for the final portion of this thread, the obvious miscalculation or underestimation of the price of said piece of gear. While the ridill is a fairly rare piece, not necessarily even because of drop rate but claim rate rather the ridill is worth more than sadly 5mil. If I may suggest purchasing a blau doch Darkraziel, it may be a much better investment for your thf at this time. =)
[+]
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 17:24:44

Yotevol said:
Wooooodum said:
*Moutain out of a molehill... It's ok, common mistake. :-)

I tried that...

"Did you mean, Mountain out of a molehill?"
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 17:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Melisia said:
I believe the argument Yotevol is trying to make here is that ra/ex items should not be bought because there is no amount of gil that equivocates to the amount of work/time/memories put into getting it the traditional way. While I agree with that logic I understand that every player has their own means of playing this game. Since our friend Darkraziel over here obviously plays the game in a way that he is able to collect gil with greater ease then the items themselves. For that reason I think it is fair for him to buy a ridill. As for the final portion of this thread, the obvious miscalculation or underestimation of the price of said piece of gear. While the ridill is a fairly rare piece, not necessarily even because of drop rate but claim rate rather the ridill is worth more than sadly 5mil.

I am happy to say that Melisia has hit the nail on the head and NOT squished his/her thumb! :-)
Thank you for being part of that!

If we (FFXI players) play for only items, gil, levels and missions, then why play a game that is designed to be social?
Purely a philisophical questions, but still entrenches the mind the think.

Well, I'm done for the day at work, I'll be back online in 16 hours- lol.

~Yotevol
[+]
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-14 17:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't bother to read anything except what the original poster wrote so.... 5mil is a little cheap. Certainly id agree with you that i don't feel its worth much more than that. Many would disagree. But there was a time when Ridill WARs were abhor'd (in a good way... sometimes). With the 2handed update its value certainly dropped significantly. Its the only job other than mby zerg drk that can really put it to use. -Good- use that is.

I think Demo still bots Fafhogg all day and night on Kujata, so give them a ring ding ding. I believe their price was 20mil? naturally i could be just randomly picking a random number and throwing it out there, but 20mil stands out in my mind. They boast how many HNMLS's they have made leave or quit HNMs so, that alone pretty much proves how godly they are. I really hate cocky people. in this case cocky people in large numbers.

If you want my opinion forget ridill its a waste of gil. If your a war Skill Gaxe if your a drk buy an Mkris, if your a Thf offhand Blau main hand X's knife, ect ect. Ridill is by no means end all-
especially for the price your going to be paying out (always alternatives). If your willing to pay 20-50mil on a ridill. Get a Relic weapon. But if your mind is set. knock yourself out.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 17:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
I tried that... "Did you mean, Mountain out of a molehill?"

Agreed, and yes I changed it. Thank you for finding that mistake.
We all make them! :-)

~Yotevol
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-14 17:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just noticed something in your first post that I totally misread, and having read it again, let's just pretend this discussion never took place. Even with what I thought you said in mind, I don't disagree at all; In all the times I have killed Fafnir (which is possibly in treble digits), I've seen four drop. Certainly time demanding item that's for sure!

PS. I meant, "Mountain of a molehill" in the noun sense, not "Mountain out of a molehill" in the verb sense, so it's correct =D
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 17:38:29

I was going Nazi on his spelling of mountain, I understood what you were saying.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 17:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I've just noticed something in your first post that I totally misread, and having read it again, let's just pretend this discussion never took place. Even with what I thought you said in mind, I don't disagree at all; In all the times I have killed Fafnir (which is possibly in treble digits), I've seen four drop. Certainly time demanding item that's for sure! PS. I meant, "Mountain of a molehill" in the noun sense, not "Mountain out of a molehill" in the verb sense, so it's correct =D

Roger, Wilco and out!
See all of you lovely people tomorrow!

~Yotevol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8