Death Scythe/Tredecim Scythe/Moliones's Set
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-03 20:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In the question about decreasing values regarding Double attack, please refer to this

Edit: Fixed wrong link
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-05-03 21:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Fosgate said:
The highest ws i've ever done was a 3.4k Drakesbane on bee's in bhaflau remnants. These take insane extra damage, so if you were able to hit 4.6k on a lvl 100 nyzul cerb.. this is probably what happened..

You double attacked your double attack which double attacked on the 1st and 2nd double attack which consequently broke the entire interwebz... and made Chuck norris turn gay.

I call BS... sorry.

i wasnt aware cerb took extra damage on 100th floor of nysle.
and as for the double attack on top of double attack.. can raging rush double att X3 and crit X6? i mean in all seriousness, the star's did align that night and cool it have been the perfect weapon skill that we all only get once in a lifetime??? cause it sure as hell aint happened again ><
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-03 21:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't been totally keeping up with this thread (skimmed over the last page of posts and didn't seem to see anyone mention this), but you have to remember that sword strap isn't haste. if you lose x-hit build using it (w/o a multi-attack weapon as that can get tricky) you're better off using the pole grip, this shouldn't happen with a full delay scythe (528) though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-03 21:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Came up on page 2 iirc.
Cerberus.Altimaomega said:
Unicorn.Fosgate said:
The highest ws i've ever done was a 3.4k Drakesbane on bee's in bhaflau remnants. These take insane extra damage, so if you were able to hit 4.6k on a lvl 100 nyzul cerb.. this is probably what happened..

You double attacked your double attack which double attacked on the 1st and 2nd double attack which consequently broke the entire interwebz... and made Chuck norris turn gay.

I call BS... sorry.

and as for the double attack on top of double attack.. can raging rush double att X3 and crit X6? i mean in all seriousness, the star's did align that night and cool it have been the perfect weapon skill that we all only get once in a lifetime??? cause it sure as hell aint happened again ><
Woosh? Regardless, pretty sure WS can only DA twice (absence of evidence, etc) and all would be able to crit since it's a crit WS but even so that value sounds a tad high.
 Cerberus.Altimaomega
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-05-03 22:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Came up on page 2 iirc.
Cerberus.Altimaomega said:
Unicorn.Fosgate said:

I call BS... sorry.

Woosh? Regardless, pretty sure WS can only DA twice (absence of evidence, etc) and all would be able to crit since it's a crit WS but even so that value sounds a tad high.

i realize there is no proof, and yes the value seems a tad high. if it was not then this would be a normal "every once in awhile thing" im not saying i go out and pop these bad boys off w/e i feel like it. 1 time in 4yrs of playing war... the only other time i can get these kinda numbers is on the quatrab during besiged, and thats just broken.
 Hades.Excelior
Server: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-04 01:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to bed and never got to finish here.

@nightfyre
Basically the conclusion about that sword strap discussion is it would beat pole grip for apoc if it does not lose 6 hit correct? Which would be bad for /sam but for /nin it would not affect the number of hits require to reach 100%

Based off of 13.0 +[{(513-3%)-480}*1.5/50]= 13.5+6%(rajas +brutal)= 14.3 100/14.3= 7 hits for 100% tp.

Would this be correct? For /sam it would require 24STP insted of 20 which would mean you would have to give up Ebody for Askar body or something simliar as you said in a previous post.

Edit: Could use carbonara in /sam and you'd keep 6 hit.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-04 01:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If no sacrifices at all are made then yes, Sword will beat Pole. If any sacrifice is made (gear/food/sometimes WS hit dependency) then Pole is generally better.

Notable exception: OAT weapons where Sword is almost always better, again barring notable sacrifices.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-04 04:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
@Argettio Absolutely no offense taken, with everyone's e-penises flopping around, jockeying for the best position to slap someone in the face, it's reasonable to expect that. I'm not trying to come off as "O, i soo koo look my dmgz lol" just wanting to know wtf is going on. As for being the only one who "Sees" this kind of effect, maybe I was the only one with a mind open enough to look/consider it. Wouldn't be the first time in History conventional wisdom was utterly wrong, though I'm not claiming that is true in this case.

I certainly know there would be some who would dismiss the idea out of hand, but I am not one of them. I haven’t (yet) seen any solid evidence that crits are possible in normal WS, but this is looking pretty convincing (if we trust your numbers).

We have ~10% damage which is unaccounted for, which is a significant chunk, especially considering you are very near to capped attack. So even if your RDM used Dia III, your DRG used Argon or your WAR used Warcry etc etc (just listing buffs/debuffs that would normally increase your damage) you wouldn’t get a 10% boost in damage.

No doubt common knowledge can some times be wrong and its people that question the accepted norm that progresses our understanding. But the burden of proof lies with those that say common knowledge is wrong. Unless you have a screen shot of your WS gear, buffs, food and the damage (ideally in one shot) then you aren’t going to get very far.

I am not trying to be mean; just realistic about it all.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-05-04 05:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The sword strap would trump a pole grip *if* you can maintain your x-hit build. It's basically 3% haste purely for weapon delay (would you use Ares's Flanchard over Homam Cosciales for TP?).

The problem is that -3% delay is alot more detrimental than you might anticipate in terms of sTP. As people have already said, if you're giving up other gear to make the sword grip work, then polearm would be more useful.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-04 05:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Never said you were tryin to be, I understand all too well.

I'll work on getting screenshots when I complete some other endgame tasks currently eating up all my game time. Working on those OAT magians is pretty time consuming when simply evolving the goddamn Clear Abyssite to Colorful can take well over one hundred kills.

I won't be able to mimic my gear exactly however, unless I get another Supremacy Earring, I tossed that after I completed the two severances, I do have a BloodBathed Crown set however, so if it came to that (Which would also make for the suggestion that somehow the Supremacy earring/Vendetta set was contributing in an unknown way)

The last time I exp'd on Colibri with DRK, the Magian Weapons were still *** up, Severance (DMG+20,Delay-15,STR+4,ATK+15) was capping at 1175 without a double attack. That would be a suitable analogy now that it seems to be working like normal. (Virtually Identical stats, except it frees up the Ear-slot)
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-04 06:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Never said you were tryin to be, I understand all too well.

This forum likes to rip into any one who finds fault with any one who offers constructive criticism or uses maths to prove anything, so I have learnt that I need to start every post (even if I don’t intend to criticise or use maths) with an apology.

Look a Vegetto/Soda Cream/Tigerwoods, on BG he is considered one of the nicer/helpful guys who is pretty good with maths and one of the better MNKs out there. On here (by many) he is the biggest elitist *** on the planet just because he can tell some one (in percentage) what is better (in threads where the OP asks what is better).

On this forum, more often than not, knowledge is a 1 way ticket to getting flamed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 10:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I won't be able to mimic my gear exactly however, unless I get another Supremacy Earring, I tossed that after I completed the two severances, I do have a BloodBathed Crown set however, so if it came to that (Which would also make for the suggestion that somehow the Supremacy earring/Vendetta set was contributing in an unknown way)

The last time I exp'd on Colibri with DRK, the Magian Weapons were still *** up, Severance (DMG 20,Delay-15,STR 4,ATK 15) was capping at 1175 without a double attack. That would be a suitable analogy now that it seems to be working like normal. (Virtually Identical stats, except it frees up the Ear-slot)
No need to replicate your gearset; we can work with what you're using now as well. I've been using Penta quite a bit lately (finally got back to DRG!) and the numbers have been quite consistent (no DA gear), so I don't have any data to contribute at the moment. If you get more unusual spikes though, by all means pass the data on.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-04 10:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Look a Vegetto/Soda Cream/Tigerwoods, on BG he is considered one of the nicer/helpful guys who is pretty good with maths and one of the better MNKs out there. On here (by many) he is the biggest elitist *** on the planet just because he can tell some one (in percentage) what is better (in threads where the OP asks what is better)

To be fair, Veg really is a pretty A+ guy and he looks like a Care Bear compared to some people on BG.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-04 10:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel we need some Thorny here sometimes, especially in the "4% haste head vs turban" threads.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-04 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I feel we need some Thorny here sometimes, especially in the "4% haste head vs turban" threads.

Why do these threads even exist?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-04 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

People are too lazy to .dat swap? lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bull in a china shop... Thorny posting in those threads would just make people even more defensive even though he's right. They get defensive enough with far less abrasive posters arguing for Turban.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-04 10:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, mythbusters showed that a bull in a china shop wouldn't *** the place up >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 11:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Must have missed that episode.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-04 11:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Look a Vegetto/Soda Cream/Tigerwoods, on BG he is considered one of the nicer/helpful guys who is pretty good with maths and one of the better MNKs out there. On here (by many) he is the biggest elitist *** on the planet just because he can tell some one (in percentage) what is better (in threads where the OP asks what is better)

To be fair, Veg really is a pretty A guy and he looks like a Care Bear compared to some people on BG.

Completely agree, but not everyone does. There has been threads dedicated to slagging him off. And I have caught enough flak from the 'Its my $15.99' crowd that I don't bother posting in a lot of the gear advice threads.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-04 11:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think that sometimes being less nice is better for threads like that.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-05 10:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Please give me gear advice

OMG DON'T GIVE ME GEAR ADVICE YOU ELITIST THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY GEAR
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 11:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! My friend quit and I now have control of his character and I'm in this predicament myself.

Q: He doesn't have enough ISP or rank for Perdu so I would presume Tred & Sword Strap is best alternative? /SAM of course.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-05-05 11:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Please give me gear advice

OMG DON'T GIVE ME GEAR ADVICE YOU ELITIST THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY GEAR

So true...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-05 11:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Moli + Pole~
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-05 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I forgot about that Scythe.. thanks!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-05 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

528 delay scythe = sword strap.
Wont lose 6hit if you have rajas on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-05 18:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
528 delay scythe = sword strap. Wont lose 6hit if you have rajas on.
just tried that~
got 528 delay scythe, with rajas, brutal chiv chain for store tp and i'm /sam
out of 6 hits i only got 94tp.
so ganna need to use askar body or nuevo coselete with store tp on it
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-05-05 23:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
528 delay scythe = sword strap. Wont lose 6hit if you have rajas on.
just tried that~
got 528 delay scythe, with rajas, brutal chiv chain for store tp and i'm /sam
out of 6 hits i only got 94tp.
so ganna need to use askar body or nuevo coselete with store tp on it

No, you must have done something wrong...

A 528 delay scythe using Sword strap would have a 512 delay.

Using the formula: 13.0 + [(Delay - 480) * 1.5 / 50]

A 512 delay Scythe gives 13.9 TP per hit, with no other StoreTP gear.

That being said, all you need for a true 6hit build/5hit rebuild with 512 delay is 21 StoreTP for TP and 21 StoreTP for WS, which is just /sam, rajas ring, and brutal earring.

If you must use a 528 delay weapon, sword strap is the way to go.

Sword strap is also used on any other weapon's setup as long as it doesn't break your X-hit build and/or you're not making ridiculous sacrifices in other slots to use it, though for DRG it may be closer to Pole grip because of jumps etc etc. as it has already been mentioned.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-06 00:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

People are too lazy to .dat swap? lol

Technically, to not look like an idiot, everyone would have to .dat swap. It's like an ugly girl putting on makup, deep down, you still know.