Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-06 06:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
528 delay scythe = sword strap. Wont lose 6hit if you have rajas on.
just tried that~ got 528 delay scythe, with rajas, brutal chiv chain for store tp and i'm /sam out of 6 hits i only got 94tp. so ganna need to use askar body or nuevo coselete with store tp on it
No, you must have done something wrong... A 528 delay scythe using Sword strap would have a 512 delay. Using the formula: 13.0 [(Delay - 480) * 1.5 / 50] A 512 delay Scythe gives 13.9 TP per hit, with no other StoreTP gear. That being said, all you need for a true 6hit build/5hit rebuild with 512 delay is 21 StoreTP for TP and 21 StoreTP for WS, which is just /sam, rajas ring, and brutal earring. If you must use a 528 delay weapon, sword strap is the way to go. Sword strap is also used on any other weapon's setup as long as it doesn't break your X-hit build and/or you're not making ridiculous sacrifices in other slots to use it, though for DRG it may be closer to Pole grip because of jumps etc etc. as it has already been mentioned.
well i'll go try it out again later after my chem final
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-06 07:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can psuedo 6hit 501 scythes with as little as 20sTP (3/4hits), so a 528 scythe with sword should be as easy as Volkom says.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-05-06 11:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
You can psuedo 6hit 501 scythes with as little as 20sTP (3/4hits), so a 528 scythe with sword should be as easy as Volkom says.

Yes, taking for example Perdu sickle with 501 delay...you get 13.6 TP with each hit(with zero StoreTP); for a true 6hit build/5hit rebuild you would need at least 23StoreTP for TP and 22 StoreTP for WS; however, with a multi-hit WS like Guillotine this is not really necessary.

You get 13.6 TP on the first hit of Guillotine and all the other hits give you 1 TP returns, again, with zero StoreTP. Also, StoreTP not only applies to the first hit of a multi-hit WS but also on the extra hits as well.

Using the standard /sam, rajas ring, and brutal earring for 21 StoreTP for TP and WS...you will get a TP return, after a WS, of 20TP if you land 4 hits on guillotine.(you can also get ~21-22 TP returns with double attack etc.)

The 20TP return on WS is done by: 13.6 * .21 = 16.4 for the first guillotine hit, then the last 3 are one TP each, so 3 * .21 = 3.6...then it's 16.4TP + 3.6TP which = 20TP.

So you would do, 13.6 *.21 + 13.6 = 16.4TP * 5 hits = 82TP, 20TP from WS and then add 82TP from the 5 hits = 102 TP.

Also, if you land at least 3 WS hits(need to land the first one and any 2 others, since the first hit gives the highest TP return), you will get 82TP for 5 melee hits then do + 18.8TP from WS TP, which = 100.8 TP...so yes, you can still just do a "pseudo 501 delay 6hit build" with only 21StoreTP.

It won't be a true 6hit build because you need to land a least 3 WS hits, and when you start from 0%TP, it will take you 7hits to 100%TP. Therefore, it is actually a 7hit/5hit rebuild technically. But with Meditate you should pretty much never start a fight with 0%TP and, again, landing 3+ hits on WS shouldn't be hard...so yeah it works pretty well.

That being said, 528 with sword strap is a 512 delay, so using logic you can also see that you should have no problem with just 21 StoreTP, since you can do it with 501 delay like Argettio said.

I also pointed out in a previous post that 21 StoreTP actually gives a true 6hit with 512 delay(that is, you only need to land the first WS hit), thus if you're using a 528 delay weapon for whatever reason, sword strap works great for it. Specially with the new OAT vengeance scythe or the Ultimatum scythe, both from the magian quest which have a 528 delay.

Only reason I see not to use a sword strap with a 528 delay weapon is if you're trying to go with a 5hit/4hit rebuild with that 528 delay, in which case you would want rose strap but also other very specific storeTP gear which will sacrifice a lot of accuracy in the long run and limit its usage to only very weak mobs, and not for most things/events IMO.

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-06 12:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok~ just tested it out using 528delay scythe with
brutal earring, rajas ring, chiv.chain
its barely a 6hit build~ got to 101tp on the 6th hit.
lol~
cool beans :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-05-06 13:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Ok~ just tested it out using 528delay scythe with
brutal earring, rajas ring, chiv.chain
its barely a 6hit build~ got to 101tp on the 6th hit.
lol~
cool beans :3

Yes, but using Chivalrous chain is not necessary. You could use Justice torque or Peacock charm or whatever other neck piece with no storeTP, and still have a true 6hit with a 528 delay weapon with sword strap. (and true 6hit is not really necessary either because of Guillotine as I have already explained earlier, but I suppose it's always nice to have.)

With just /sam, rajas ring, and brutal earring for 21 StoreTP... it will put you at exactly 100%TP.

Though you're exactly right that with 22 StoreTP, you will be at 101% TP after 6hits. (or after 5 hits after a WS)
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hate to say this, but mobs with tp reset moves (or remove gear) say hi!
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-27 09:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello :), I am needing some advice as to which scythe I should pick from the Moliones's Set or Death scythe +1 with sniper/ulthalam's. I know perdu is best especially since I'm nowhere near acc cap, but I don't have the IS for it yet. This is my current TP set up for if it matters.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-27 09:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Moliones' will do a bit more damage than Death +1 there. You'll probably also get better results TPing in a Hauby line body (though Corazza looks sexy I know!). Work on Fowling/Assault Earring and Bomblet as well as Blitz Ring, obviously Homam Legs/PCC too.
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-27 09:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Moliones' will do a bit more damage than Death 1 there. You'll probably also get better results TPing in a Hauby line body (though Corazza looks sexy I know!). Work on Fowling/Assault Earring and Bomblet as well as Blitz Ring, obviously Homam Legs/PCC too.

ooh forgot about assault earring, thanks! Also where am I going to fit Blitz ring in? Unless your suggesting I take out Moliones ring? ><
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-05-27 09:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe blitz is for acc capped situations? So losing the molione ring should'nt matter.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-27 09:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blitz Ring will be better than Moli during TP phase, obviously not during WS - this is provided you can spare the accuracy. At 95% (+ 2.5%+) accuracy, you're looking at 4str vs 1% Haste for TP phase.

If you aim to eat pizza everywhere except on birds, you'll find you can make this swap very often (and have a lot of flexibility during WS etc).
 Bahamut.Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-27 09:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I use pizza on High lvl NM's and mamool meripos, everything else which doesnt last too long is basically yellow curry buns and I just use diabolic eye every time I see its up. Thanks for the advice ^^,I appreciate it!