Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-28 02:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about that and reading Mischief's group reports, I've been wondering if the Drop Rate of Meso from Aminon is really that low or if it's more or less "in line" with the drop rate of the other 3 *drite stones.

I mean, the fact that Meso can drop from a single source whereas the other stones can drop from a plethora of sources, just that fact alone would seriously skew the final drop rate %, but the "drop rate % per single objective" number might actually be similar, no?

What do you guys think about it?
By Pantafernando 2023-08-28 03:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Last i read they were 4/6 in mesodrite, meaning that meso is pretty common and no issue ar all for stage 5.

But that also kinda kills the purpose of animon hard mode, as, after you get the drop, you can farm the rest of gallys in normal mode.

Given that, i suppose at some point they will buff animon rewards to incentivate people to go out of their way to farm it, even if you already have the drops.

Buffing its gally reward to 100k+ would be fair.
By drakefs 2023-08-28 10:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Since they're also buffing hard mode aminon at this time, I do wonder if the Meso drop rate will be increased as well.

Have you met SE?

Judging from how SE reacted to the players complaints about the "Surprise!" enraged bosses ("fine no more enrage unless you select it for the final boss but FU, we added -25% DT to said boss that only a few players have killed"), I would assume that the drop rate would be lowered.

As we have seen, SE truly believes that increasing the difficulty does not merit better rewards.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-08-28 11:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
As we have seen, SE truly believes that increasing the difficulty does not merit better rewards.
This was the biggest lulz for me about the entire thing. The whole thing was a comedy of errors, and that was the cherry on top.

I think the outrage mob would have been a lot smaller and quieter if there was some added benefit to dealing with the enraged bosses. How Fujito actually thought that ninja-spiking the difficulty with no added rewards was a good idea that the players would accept is *** mind boggling.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-28 11:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They've bent over and took everything else.

The surprising part wasn't that they did it, it's that a couple people actually didn't instantly bend over and say yes daddy. Most of you would've just kept going, complaining under your breath to no one.

Increasingly shittier decisions as long as you keep accepting them. Don't be shocked if meso drop rate is lowered. Basement was supposed to hinder you, with that gone something else has to.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-08-28 12:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole prime weapon thing is the main reason so many people quit. the stage 4 thing just doubled down on it.

SE is so anti consumer right now that even the new content that comes out doesn't do anything. Game needs QOL changes and they wanna sell plushies
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-08-28 12:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call it a "Ninja Buff"... They flat out said, in cryptic SE fashion, that people would find the last stage harsh in one of those dumb videos. People just assumed it was because of the amount of gally.

This is it folks, there's nothing on the horizon. They got rid of the developers. Finishing your prime weapon is basically beating the game. So they made it ridiculously difficult. Be grateful, you can finally move on to other things once you're done torturing yourself.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-08-28 12:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the whole prime weapon thing is the main reason so many people quit. the stage 4 thing just doubled down on it.

The games age is a bigger factor if you ask me. The veterans like myself have already completed all the major story arcs and done all the content multiple times over. When the game gets stale people find other things to do. I took a two year break when 14 first launched to play that instead of 11 because we had a major content drought here at the time, aka the voidwatch era. I came back to find a new dynamis, JSE necks, lillith gear, and several other new things to grind.

The scope of new content we've had since 2020 is exactly odyssey, sortie, and the VR storyline. Now that players are finishing up with most of those things there's only so much to hold player interest. New content is what keeps people coming back. With the suspension of development it's only a matter of time before people get bored for good.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-08-28 14:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Thinking about that and reading Mischief's group reports, I've been wondering if the Drop Rate of Meso from Aminon is really that low or if it's more or less "in line" with the drop rate of the other 3 *drite stones.

I mean, the fact that Meso can drop from a single source whereas the other stones can drop from a plethora of sources, just that fact alone would seriously skew the final drop rate %, but the "drop rate % per single objective" number might actually be similar, no?

Just for more clarification on the drop rate, we have only had 2 Meso drops in 10 or so fights. It's still far too early to estimate a drop rate, but the outlook doesn't appear to be as good as we had initially hoped.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-09-01 21:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had a random thought:

What if they add level 3 properties to stage 5 prime weapons?

Sneaky Fujito has been playing an A+ troll game with patch data. They could update the files the month that we technically have enough psyches to complete.

2h weapons can already smash into damage cap hard, but 1h weapons could make up a lot of ground with being able to double close the level 3 property they generally lack.

Imperator numbers might not blow me away, but compared to Requiescat Umbras, it's a dream come true. I would probably look at 1h Primes with a lot more interest.

However without an AM gimmick or an appropriate level 1 sc lead in, you'd get stuck into 2 step level 3s instead of a 4 step.

Edit: only the bow lacks an appropriate level 1 sc property that would let you link in and use all 4 of the SC properties in succession.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-09-01 22:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Just for more clarification on the drop rate, we have only had 2 Meso drops in 10 or so fights. It's still far too early to estimate a drop rate, but the outlook doesn't appear to be as good as we had initially hoped.
Or they saw the kill method and changed the drop rate.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-09-02 01:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Prime weps don't have level 3 properties because if they did, you'd go primews>Primews and get light/dark. The end. They wouldn't be able to do the same ws x3 multistep anymore.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-09-02 01:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Prime weps don't have level 3 properties because if they did, you'd go primews>Primews and get light/dark. The end. They wouldn't be able to do the same ws x3 multistep anymore.
The props on ws are checked in order they are listed so if light / dark were listed last it would allow them to double dark / light by spam 4 step.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-02 07:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains are unnecessarily complicated.

I guess if they had 4 properties, but no ws has Quaternary properties.

Or if it was 2/2/3 instead of 1/1/2. Every ws except prime start with the highest tier.
Fusion/Frag/Light3 would 3 step double light

But if primes were 2/2/3 every prime would skillchain with every prime.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-03 09:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

The props on ws are checked in order they are listed so if light / dark were listed last it would allow them to double dark / light by spam 4 step.

Listing order means nothing, WS's will have properties set in A/B/C slots and apply all of them at once. Then the linking WS will first check A slot, then B slot, then C slot. The standard so far, by every other WS in the game, has been to put the SC effects in decreasing order.

So while it's possible to put them in a different sequence, it would be departing from everything seen so far and would have to be tested individually.
By SimonSes 2023-09-03 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The standard so far, by every other WS in the game, has been to put the SC effects in decreasing order.

So while it's possible to put them in a different sequence, it would be departing from everything seen so far and would have to be tested individually.

You literally has increasing order in front of you. Every Prime WS has increasing order and order obviously matters. You provide your guesses like it was facts.. again.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-09-19 17:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed enraged Aminon with PLD/SCH DRK/DRG (Fimbulvetr) RDM/DRK (Black Halo) GEO/DRK (Dagda) BRD/DNC (Savage Blade) COR/DNC (Savage Blade).
We pretty much followed Mischief strat but we didn't kite Aminon and only had 3 players doing Absorb-TP. I don't think Aminon gets more TP when he hits the tank for zero damage, it's just a normal Regain. The fight took us 25 min (this was our first attempt) and felt easy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-19 18:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
We killed enraged Aminon with PLD/SCH DRK/DRG (Fimbulvetr) RDM/DRK (Black Halo) GEO/DRK (Dagda) BRD/DNC (Savage Blade) COR/DNC (Savage Blade).
We pretty much followed Mischief strat but we didn't kite Aminon and only had 3 players doing Absorb-TP. I don't think Aminon gets more TP when he hits the tank for zero damage, it's just a normal Regain. The fight took us 25 min (this was our first attempt) and felt easy.

This is great news and would provide a great sense of relief for a lot of people, my group included...

Did you just stand still the whole time? Did he ever get any TP moves off? Engaging for TP, or just using Absorbs and Tact to get TP? Was the PLD taking 0 consistently? Any fetters? Any other things to look out for? Did you have SV the whole time (Wild Card reset), or just a single SV?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-09-19 19:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

This is great news and would provide a great sense of relief for a lot of people, my group included...

Did you just stand still the whole time? Did he ever get any TP moves off? Engaging for TP, or just using Absorbs and Tact to get TP? Was the PLD taking 0 consistently? Any fetters? Any other things to look out for? Did you have SV the whole time (Wild Card reset), or just a single SV?
We had to move when he was spawning fetters at the beginning until ice/wind mode, no TP moves after Bane and the second Incessant Void.
We only used Tact roll, Absorb-TP, QD and Impact to get TP.
Yes, the PLD was taking 0 dmg with Stoneskin and Aegis, he took 1 hit for 22 dmg 2 hits for 28 dmg, I imagine that's what Aminon normaly does when Stoneskin is off. He was curing us too since we were often in range of melee hits.
We used SV songs 10 min after the first Distract and got it back with WC but Aminon was nearly dead. We had Aria song instead of Minuet4 but between the -25% DT and WS wall it's hard to tell if we were really attack capped.
Surprisingly enough, the GEO did a lot damage with Dagda.

I wished. Dagda is barely better than Judgment and only if the 2 hits connect it seems, what a huge disappointment.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-09-20 03:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We did the fight pld/run brd/dnc cor/drk drk/drg rdm/drk geo/drk geo fury fraitly entrust precision. Even cor could land absorb tp with threnody and frazzle. We only let him do void we found no point to letting him do bane at all. You need about 1223 acc before food / buffs / ionis to cap acc assuming you buff honor march + double madrigal + stewpot.

Dark was doing most of the dmg impact gave tons of TP if u have good occult set. Since origin / cross reaper dmg goes way up at high tp values it's very useful.
[+]
 Siren.Reyden
Server: Siren
user: Reyden
By Siren.Reyden 2023-09-20 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

About the topic, has the enrage/hard mode been removed from the basement bosses EFGH, for having a stage 4 prime? Thought someone posted that it was not changed in the September update.
By Taint 2023-09-20 12:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Reyden said: »
About the topic, has the enrage/hard mode been removed from the basement bosses EFGH, for having a stage 4 prime? Thought someone posted that it was not changed in the September update.

Only an option for Aminon
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-09-20 13:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't an option before the update.

Was it removed for EFGH, yes or no?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-20 13:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no such thing as hard mode basement anymore
By Pantafernando 2023-09-20 16:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda sad how many wont ever get the thrill of this fun.

SE being elitist, only the cool kids got the joy
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-20 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"hard mode" made no difference. It just meant you lost an extra 30 seconds running away from 1 extra tp move.

They just wanted to complain about it.

(You got nothing extra from it, so it's a valid complaint, but that's all, just a complaint. It wasn't actually "harder")
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2023-09-20 19:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this complaint will go nowhere because SE is not listening. But I am really disappointed with the mage prime weapons weapons - at least from a Scholar perspective. Changing all my sets to keep the weapon on in order to maintain TP and aftermath is a real pain and degrades sets like Regen which use Musa or aquaveil which uses the club, or fast cast sets which use Musa.

And on top of all of that the bunzi rod+apu shield are still better unless AM is up.

Considering the grind for Prime Weapons - the reward should be better for mages.

Ok I feel better venting( a little )
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-09-20 21:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I know this complaint will go nowhere because SE is not listening. But I am really disappointed with the mage prime weapons weapons - at least from a Scholar perspective. Changing all my sets to keep the weapon on in order to maintain TP and aftermath is a real pain and degrades sets like Regen which use Musa or aquaveil which uses the club, or fast cast sets which use Musa.

And on top of all of that the bunzi rod+apu shield are still better unless AM is up.

Considering the grind for Prime Weapons - the reward should be better for mages.

Ok I feel better venting( a little )

I think the Prime Staff is certainly a step in the right direction for BLM/SCH/SMN personally. But, I agree with you that there should be a bit more job-specific incentive for each weapon. I was always upset SCH never got a weapon that offers an extra stratagem OR perhaps a new ability in the category of Light/Dark Arts. I mean, why is BRD the only job that gets new spells (Aria of Passion, Honor March, etc.) as the incentive. Prime Shields too, should grant "Shield Toss" while we're at it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-20 21:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that any different from Laev or Tups though?
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2023-09-20 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
How is that any different from Laev or Tups though?
Its not different. It is a pattern of SE making less that desirable weapons for mages, with few exceptions like Yagrush.
I have a Tups and never use it ...
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29