Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-12 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing Mischief. Seems pretty messed up.. it might be forcing new strats, using the prime ws etc. The gali might change if everyone has a stage 4 to prevent one person with stage 4 boosting others. Still a pretty weird idea
[+]
By Nehot 2023-07-12 11:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
There is first response from JP who seems to finish Stage 4 too and they cant kill even 6 bosses now. The response, if I understand the translation is.. they unsubscribed :O

https://twitter.com/ff11377/status/1679147935366533122

I think we should all unsubscribe to show SE that we wont put up with this.

Fujito said they have no plans to kill off the game yet it looks like that are doing a dam good job at it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Psychodwarf
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Psychodwarf 2023-07-12 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
Obviously need to trade your Stage 4 Prime Weapons to the Ebon Panels.
While facing SW on Firesday
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2023-07-12 11:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There is first response from JP who seems to finish Stage 4 too and they cant kill even 6 bosses now. The response, if I understand the translation is.. they unsubscribed :O

For what it's worth - here is google translate version:
"Sortie fixed to disband.
The reason is the 4th stage enhancement possession and boss enhancement
I can't even beat 6 bosses.
The members are suspended from FF as it is because it is annoying (cannot win) just by existing

Other members are also motivated."

And here is ChatGPT version:

"Sorutei is disbanded.
The reason is that the boss is strengthened at the fourth stage enhancement, making it impossible to defeat even the 6th boss.
Just its existence is a nuisance (as it becomes impossible to win), so the members are taking a break from Final Fantasy.

Other members are also demotivated."

The AI is winning.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
Server: Asura
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-07-12 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be hilarious if this is their way of forcing a meta change to melee method using stage 4 weapons

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-07-12 12:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Volteczero said: »
It'll be hilarious if this is their way of forcing a meta change to melee method using stage 4 weapons

Probably. Didn't they say in a previous interview or comment that they were going to make a new Master Trial for the Prime Weapons, otherwise they wouldn't have any use (paraphrasing). They might have had a similar idea with Sortie bosses post Stage 4 as a way for these new weapons to have a purpose. My only questions is why this occurs at stage 4 and not 3, given that you can already use the weapon skills in sortie at 3
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-07-12 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Human translation:
My Sortie static broke.
With the buffs to bosses just from having a stage 4 Prime, we can't even beat 6 bosses anymore.
Some members are taking a break from the game because simply existing makes them a burden to the group now.
Those who remain are demotivated.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-07-12 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SE: sortie bosses will behave differently qith a stage 4 weapon

Expectation: easier kill
Expectation: forced +2 earring
Expectation: anything positive after the grind

Reality: uber buffs and massive difficulty spike
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-07-12 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't get it. I'm all for a challenge but this just seems un-fun in that:

1. It (at least initially) punishes the holder of the stage 4 weapon. Your reward is to become less powerful in completing content you already have to grind to infinity with no boost to gali to boot.

2. It detrimentally punishes other party members, potentially without their knowledge. Eventually, you will have peeps with stage 4s joining pugs, how is this remotely fair to people in that context? You could in theory make a stage 4 just to troll pugs.

Thanks Mischief for the post and info, very interesting turn of events. I hope somehow this turns into a big positive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-07-12 12:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when the best group at the time got to the highest level of Incursion, the NPC ate their KI without any further progression dialogue or explanation, and SE responded with "Yeah, Velkks are mean, congrats"?

They have routinely implemented things in the most player-unfriendly way possible.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-12 12:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It really does feel like they're intentionally trying to drive people away so they can shut down the servers for good. Punishing people for progression is a *** move.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-07-12 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I am confused, you mean Stage 4 as in the weapon below? if you have it under ur inventory/wardrobe mog w/e IT will activate a harder mode of Sortie but if u have the 3rd Stage the 7% double attack it wont activate? may as well get stuck at 3 and wait until something changes than upgrade weapons' to 4? if thats the case i hope no 1 griefs pugs LOL

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Laphria_(Level_119_III)
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-12 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Player patch notes :
Player behavior will change based on prime weapon stage.
-Stage 4 = Quit
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 12:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »
I am confused, you mean Stage 4 as in the weapon below? if you have it under ur inventory/wardrobe mog w/e IT will activate a harder mode of Sortie but if u have the 3rd Stage the 7% double attack it wont activate? may as well get stuck at 3 and wait until something changes than upgrade weapons' to 4? if thats the case i hope no 1 griefs pugs LOL

What you linked is stage 5. None is even close to that stage. We are talking about 7%DA one.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-07-12 12:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Player patch notes :
Player behavior will change based on prime weapon stage.
-Stage 4 = Quit
This made me lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-07-12 12:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

While the strat for killing them might be discovered, I honestly doubt it's gonna be even close to being competitive with 9/9 runs and 80k Galli.
How is anyone pulling 80k Muffins a run? Doing the Megaboss in the same run they clear all 8 other bosses?
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
While the strat for killing them might be discovered, I honestly doubt it's gonna be even close to being competitive with 9/9 runs and 80k Galli.
How is anyone pulling 80k Muffins a run? Doing the Megaboss in the same run they clear all 8 other bosses?

Yes.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-07-12 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

4x upstairs bosses = 8k
4x downstairs bosses = 40k
Aminon = 30k

Assuming nothing else is killed there's 78k right there. Assuming they're getting metals and the seal for Aminon they'll hit that 80k np.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-12 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
It does depend on what the new system actually is. With our current stage 3s my group can kill 8/8 bosses melee method in under 60s each from pull, so if the new enrage timers are 1min we should make it still.

You got a video of melee method 8/8? Our group does mage method. You might be on to something that everyone needs to be engaged with primes to be successful.
By K123 2023-07-12 12:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Homsar 2023-07-12 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a part of me that was wondering if it was premature of me to unsub after TVR ended.

RIP that part of me. Classic SE planned misery.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2023-07-12 13:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekcuf said: »

What you linked is stage 5. None is even close to that stage. We are talking about 7%DA one.
BRO WHAT THE *** that is so stupid
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-07-12 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Positron said: »

Human translation:
My Sortie static broke.
With the buffs to bosses just from having a stage 4 Prime, we can't even beat 6 bosses anymore.
Some members are taking a break from the game because simply existing makes them a burden to the group now.
Those who remain are demotivated.

We didn't know that there were any other groups at this point, so to hear that one was this far along and disbanded their static as a result is rather disheartening.

So far it doesn't look like any of us are ready to quit over it, though. I guess we will continue to bash our heads against a wall until other brave members of the community are willing to take the Stage 4 plunge for science.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-12 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
It really does feel like they're intentionally trying to drive people away so they can shut down the servers for good. Punishing people for progression is a *** move.

It's definitely a *** move, but I think it's less about driving people away and more about who they are trying to retain or attract.

There are a lot (I'd argue the majority) of players who are content doing inefficient Sortie farms just working on +2 and a few +3 pieces, also happy/content to pretend v20+ (or Ody in general) doesn't exist, and cycling Ambu every month to earn gil or do existing REMAs. I think there is somewhat of a bubble here on the forum and the Discords we are part of, but the endgame crowd who has already done the rest of the content and geared most jobs is kindof in the minority. In adding these weapons, they give the perception that they are keeping veteran players busy and gives the perception that the game is alive, but that small minority isn't who they aim to retain. If they retain some of them who are willing to put the effort forth, great, if not then the cost of doing so would have exceeded the return. It provides perception that things are still moving forward and people are working on things, also giving that sortof lvl75-era wow factor of relics, which is enticing to look at even if out of reach for most players.

They just finished a fairly long new story sequence and addressed the long running issue of unexpected cutscenes for new players running around, all of which benefits new accounts/players. There is a lot of content for new players to do and keep busy with. I'm increasingly of the opinion that they see these types of players, those more casual or new, as the future of the game and the endgame crowd as an impossible/expensive to satisfy group that will leave anyway once they finish the weapons. This also aligns with the number/type of players asking questions about returning, doing story content, missions, etc on Reddit/assist/LS chat/shout/etc. These types are also the ones keeping bots/mercs busy, which is another source of accounts and sub fees.

I think they care when vet players leave, but with ~3 people, dwindling budgets, and dwindling population, adding/testing/balancing new endgame content for a smaller population is expensive compared to riding what already exists and satisfying what is likely the majority of players, while dangling this out there to give the perception that we are still doing things and they have stuff to look forward to.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 13:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
It does depend on what the new system actually is. With our current stage 3s my group can kill 8/8 bosses melee method in under 60s each from pull, so if the new enrage timers are 1min we should make it still.

You got a video of melee method 8/8? Our group does mage method. You might be on to something that everyone needs to be engaged with primes to be successful.

I dont I'm afraid, but its pretty standard stuff, inspired by Velners runs only we drop the RDM for a GEO. The composition is WAR DRK BRD COR GEO WHM and boss order is H > D > C > B > A > G > E > F. We use Sps on H and again on F. On F we open with asylum and when its about to wear off the DRK uses SP2 and its usually dead around the 60s mark, sometimes a bit longer if we get unlucky stuns on thunder hand. Brd never fights anything. Cor doesnt fight H/B/F bosses.

We also skip every metal with the exception of A but that's more just habit at this point.

The 2 DDs I run with are pretty god tier and we've got Scythe/GreatSword/Aria primes running.

Edit: Our DRK also subs DRG you'll be delighted to hear lmfao

If you don't make Skillchains, Cor and BRD not fighting is a loss. RDM is also better than GEO imo. Im doing 68-75k Black Halo without Aria on RDM and that's with massive WS frequency. On F I don't fight though, I nuke with chainspell and COR only do white damage with Arma, so 2DDs can do darkness.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-07-12 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

I dont I'm afraid, but its pretty standard stuff, inspired by Velners runs only we drop the RDM for a GEO. The composition is WAR DRK BRD COR GEO WHM and boss order is H > D > C > B > A > G > E > F. We use Sps on H and again on F. On F we open with asylum and when its about to wear off the DRK uses SP2 and its usually dead around the 60s mark, sometimes a bit longer if we get unlucky stuns on thunder hand. Brd never fights anything. Cor doesnt fight H/B/F bosses.

We also skip every metal with the exception of A but that's more just habit at this point.

The 2 DDs I run with are pretty god tier and we've got Scythe/GreatSword/Aria primes running.

Edit: Our DRK also subs DRG you'll be delighted to hear lmfao

If you don't make Skillchains, Cor and BRD not fighting is a loss. RDM is also better than GEO imo. Im doing 68-75k Black Halo without Aria on RDM and that's with massive WS frequency. On F I don't fight though, I nuke with chainspell and COR only do white damage with Arma, so 2DDs can do darkness.

Out of curiosity, is the RDM subbing nin or something else in your setup?
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-07-12 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to imagine it'd be /sch.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 27 28 29