Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 150 151 152
By Sphinxo 2022-08-16 09:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Outer Ra'kaznar [U1]
By Weeew 2022-08-16 09:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't underestimate the flying Vagary NM (we had him on shard B)... As his HP goes down his damage goes up and he spams AOE silence and dispel. He ended up spamming 2k JA's and wiped the group.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-08-16 09:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Don't underestimate the flying Vagary NM (we had him on shard B)... As his HP goes down his damage goes up and he spams AOE silence and dispel. He ended up spamming 2k JA's and wiped the group.

So I guess that currency farm can be done solo, when attempting to beat NMs will need a party. So something similar to Omen then?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-08-16 09:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
How weak are these mobs exactly? Subduction weak or Spectral Floe weak

Estimate around 100k a mob in area A and a bit more in Area B

They are weak and low level but they have quite a lot of HP. It's more than 100k. 2* Expiacion for 50k+ with several k of white damage wasn't killing acuex, leaving them at like 10%+ I switched to requiescat>Expiacion (50k+ Expiacion with 99999k darkness and that was killing with easy)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-08-16 09:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Area A = Abject X mob level 119 - 12X
Area B = Biune X mob level 12X - (had fought a lvl 126 fire elemental)
Area C = C? X mob
Area D = D? X mob
[+]
 Bahamut.Seonyx
user: Seonyx
By Bahamut.Seonyx 2022-08-16 09:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you recall if you had already found the Ra'Kaznar Metal B temp item before fighting the Putraxia mob?
By Weeew 2022-08-16 09:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we had it... but no idea how to use it. You cant use it like a normal temp item and you cant trade it to anything.
 Bahamut.Seonyx
user: Seonyx
By Bahamut.Seonyx 2022-08-16 09:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, was hearing that someone had beaten a boss, and both the corresponding metal and shard item were removed from inventory when beating, with the only reward being Gallimaufry.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-08-16 09:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes we had it... but no idea how to use it. You cant use it like a normal temp item and you can trade it to anything.

Maybe you have to interact with the various terminals in the area with the item in possession. Similar to how the door gets unlock when you interact with it while possessing the key.
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-16 09:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried trading the earrings you get back to the NPC you get the KI from? I'm curious if trading them provides anything in return or gives you options.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-08-16 09:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People getting kicked out mid run on Asura, but not losing KI
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-08-16 09:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
has anyone tried trading the earrings you get back to the NPC you get the KI from? I'm curious if trading them provides anything in return or gives you options.
Tried, nothing.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-08-16 09:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
People getting kicked out mid run on Asura, but not losing KI
They lost all points they had to and no unlock on job complete rewind
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-16 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC BRD 2box.

Killed all the acucex in first area, got a #A key that let me progress into other areas, but no NMs.

2 chests dropped. One containing the #A key mentioned above, another containing 100 gall.

Ended up with a total of 2.5k gall. at the end of it. I ran around for the last 5 minutes or so trying to see if I could find something that wasn't a normal monster but found nothing.

NPC is offering to upgrade an empy +2 piece. Requirements
+1 piece
10k gallimafury
ra'kaz sapphire (15k gall.)

Can you get sapphires inside instead of spending the gall.? Assuming you can't/only drop from bosses (which might be hard to pop solo), it's about ~10 runs solo to get a piece done (and that is just for +2!!). Not terrible but that is quite a grind if you're gonna do many pieces. Compare to Omen where you can get enough cards to upgrade to +2 in 3 runs or less for all pieces.

Can also buy an old case for 80k (!!) gall. Seems like a lot. Those are the things that contain earrings, correct?

2 box and messing around got me 2.5k as mentioned, an optimized group can probably get close to 10k on a run. So +2's should be relatively smooth to farm up currency for.

Going on the respective job 1 time seems to unlock the ability to reforge that job's armor (think dyna D).
[+]
By IGDC 2022-08-16 10:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the kills give exemplar points?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-16 10:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »

Yes.
By IGDC 2022-08-16 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Yes.

A decent amount?
By Viciouss 2022-08-16 10:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed on Sam with the same results as Lunafreya, got 2.1k gall, no issues. Didn't find any NMs, just acuex and hecteyes.
By Viciouss 2022-08-16 10:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

A decent amount?

I think I was getting 70 exemplar points per kill, so the same amount as efts.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-08-16 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it was roughly 150~ per kill in the deeper areas.

Bismarck.Xagashi
Server: Bismarck
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2022-08-16 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New NM, Leshonn past Gadget B. Starts with a glowing green hand. Later his other hand starting glowing with lightning damage. Switch elements to what it absorbs, light SC was absorbed. Enblizzard hit for like 5, Enfire started doing damage then stop. Elemental damage looks to make him go crazy. Chock hold AOE, silence, and dispel. Hit's like a truck. Spams Tearing Gust is AOE, does magic damage, use Aegis. If you are KO, you get text in JP.

[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-16 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's a decent way to farm exemplar points akin to a daily odyssey run. As we get more efficient over time and learn the event the total exemplar should be reasonable. This is what I've been hoping for. More ways to get exemplar without having to grind apex. Getting M lvl progress while doing events you wanna do anyway feels good.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-16 10:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you get sapphires inside instead of spending the gall.?

I went in scholar solo earlier and killed some acuex got a chest that dropped a ra'kaznar sapphire so it's possible maybe rare.
I also got one of the keys from a chest after killing more acuex that let me warp to a boss room and fought a rancibus NM, he was doing strong aoe damage to trusts while I kept MBing stone and geohelix II then eventually using tabula to speed it up. Near the end one of his moves spiked to 14k damage killing vala and zeid.
got 2k of the new currency from that boss and a old box.
By Viciouss 2022-08-16 10:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I went in scholar solo earlier and killed some acuex got a chest that dropped a ra'kaznar sapphire so it's possible maybe rare.
I also got one of the keys from a chest after killing more acuex that let me warp to a boss room and fought a rancibus NM, he was doing strong aoe damage to trusts while I kept MBing stone and geohelix II then eventually using tabula to speed it up. Near the end one of his moves spiked to 14k damage killing vala and zeid.
got 2k of the new currency from that boss and a old box.

I'm betting a sapphire from a box dropped from trash mobs is extremely rare, grats on your luck.
By IGDC 2022-08-16 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it was roughly 150~ per kill in the deeper areas.

Better than Dyna D!
[+]
 Bismarck.Tyconus
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2022-08-16 10:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started a page on Leshonn on bg-wiki. Not a fun test run.
 Asura.Seraphical
By Asura.Seraphical 2022-08-16 10:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was in the middle of a run and got disconnected with about 15 mins left on the clock. Once I was able to load back in it just black screened me continually (with downloading data) and then it timed me out.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-08-16 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on what's needed to be upgrade empy yet? Or did I miss it?
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-08-16 11:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seraphical said: »
Was in the middle of a run and got disconnected with about 15 mins left on the clock. Once I was able to load back in it just black screened me continually (with downloading data) and then it timed me out.

Were you eventually able to get back in or are you SOL until SE fixes it somehow?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 150 151 152