2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 153 154 155
By Viciouss 2022-08-18 16:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SavageJoke said: »
Got 5 kill chest and ice magic dmg?kill? chest from mobs south of start. (S.Floe killing blow was ~28k)
Got door, leech NM, and resting boxes.
Got earth magic dmg?kill? chest on the group of 21 leeches. (Entomb killing blow was ~ 18k)

Finally got to try the A boss and got it to 45% before it one shot everyone with Clobbering Wave. Probably a pain sync style move.

Our RUN went BLU for the objectives and the only other tank we had available was a fairly under geared PLD so we gave him 3 mins ish to build enmity and just get a feel for the boss. The first Clobbering Wave did 387 dmg, but the second one, after we had started to try to kill it, did over 5k. BLU was on chant > chant for light and geo was MB thunder. Reraised and tried again with COR doing last stand > last stand. Wiped again but it was a lot more chaotic.

Died near door with just BLU and COR auto attacking. Wasn't a Clobbering Wave, we were just weakened trying to test the ability. We reraised, took the teleporter out of the boss area and got the last chest for enhancing magic @ I-5.

If you don't kill the boss, you get to keep all the KIs.

We'll kill the leeches + hecteyes tomorrow to see if that changes the boss behavior any.

I think we have sort of established not to do light skillchains on Leshonn?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-18 16:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-08-18 16:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Got 5 kill chest and ice magic dmg?kill? chest from mobs south of start. (S.Floe killing blow was ~28k)
Got door, leech NM, and resting boxes.
Got earth magic dmg?kill? chest on the group of 21 leeches. (Entomb killing blow was ~ 18k)

Finally got to try the A boss and got it to 45% before it one shot everyone with Clobbering Wave. Probably a pain sync style move.

Our RUN went BLU for the objectives and the only other tank we had available was a fairly under geared PLD so we gave him 3 mins ish to build enmity and just get a feel for the boss. The first Clobbering Wave did 387 dmg, but the second one, after we had started to try to kill it, did over 5k. BLU was on chant > chant for light and geo was MB thunder. Reraised and tried again with COR doing last stand > last stand. Wiped again but it was a lot more chaotic.

Died near door with just BLU and COR auto attacking. Wasn't a Clobbering Wave, we were just weakened trying to test the ability. We reraised, took the teleporter out of the boss area and got the last chest for enhancing magic @ I-5.

If you don't kill the boss, you get to keep all the KIs.

We'll kill the leeches + hecteyes tomorrow to see if that changes the boss behavior any.

What does Leshonn have to do with this?
By SavageJoke 2022-08-18 16:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Boss for A is Ghatjot though. Saw it killed on a stream with SC + MB so that is where we started.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-18 16:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they aren't posting it. You get Key B by opening all B Gates in ascending order.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2022-08-18 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Boss for A is Ghatjot though. Saw it killed on a stream with SC + MB so that is where we started.

My bad.
By Chimerawizard 2022-08-18 16:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

Any context on what those triggers were?
a puzzle for key B.
door B123456
opening door #C1 for key C just like it was in area A.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-18 16:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Panasync said: »
Rather a wait than a dead server personally

Too bad you can't buy your way in with gil. I'm sure the RMT will figure out a way

Sortie, 1hour wait. do you need it? 300m.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2022-08-18 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »

Any context on what those triggers were?

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Because they aren't posting it. You get Key B by opening all B Gates in ascending order.

Haven't gotten Key C though since we didn't have much time in there.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-18 16:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alrighty lads and lasses we got a big one today. Updated the formatting some and changed the positions of the objectives based on what they give. Also, positions reference the combined map.

Key #B and Key #C we found last night but timed out shortly after we did. Please forgive us for holding back but we wanted a chance to explore it ourselves before we shouted it out.

Edited after 8/18 run. New post with stuff we did in D further down.

Zone A -

1/7 - Key #A - Open the door at D-4
2/7 - Plate #A - Self-cast anything at I-5 teleporter
3/7 - Shard #A - Magic kills 10k-20k (Full to dead from Blu. Exact details still sketch but we have done this x6 now.)
4/7 - Metal #A - Magic kills 10k-20k (as above, again)
5/7 - Blue Casket - Kill x5
6/7 - Blue Casket - Rest on the raised floor immediately after the D-4 door
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Obdella

Zone B -

1/7 - Key #B - Open all B gates in order from 1 to 6. Gobbo posted already so I undid the redact I did and we can confirm this is what we did.
2/7 - Plate #B - /hurray at Device B (maybe other cheery emotes? sad ones /cry and /sigh did not work)
3/7 - Shard #B - Magic Kills Opposite Element Kills? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
4/7 - Metal #B - Magic Kills Weak Element? Dupe again? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
5/7 - Blue Casket - Skillchain kill? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
6/7 - Blue Casket - Open a locked B door.
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Porxie from 15-20% hp in one hit? (Seems fairly solid at this time but not 100%.)

Zone C -

1/7 - Key #C - Open the door at N-10
2/7 - Plate #C - Kill a C enemy next to Device C. (We did try nearby D fomors and they did not work.)
3/7 - Shard #C -
4/7 - Metal #C -
5/7 - Blue Casket -
6/7 - Blue Casket -
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Bhoot (we presume special condition?)

Zone D -

1/7 - Key #D -
2/7 - Plate #D -
3/7 - Shard #D -
4/7 - Metal #D -
5/7 - Blue Casket - Killed entire party at H-9. Fomor x6 (WHM RDM WAR MNK BLM THF)
6/7 - Blue Casket -
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill NM and its party? The chest came from WHM quite a bit after NM died.

Misc Fun Facts -

Being out of exp range will not give you the spoils of a chest.
It appears that you need to be in range both when the chest spawns and when it is opened to get credit for the drops.
This only applies to the final step of a multi-location puzzle. (i.e. only gotta be at door 06. Not at all 5 along the way.)

Boss rooms (gadgets) have doors that will slam shut once you engage the boss. Make sure everyone is inside or you're likely screwed.

New Map -

[+]
By Mrxi 2022-08-18 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Alrighty lads and lasses we got a big one today. Updated the formatting some and changed the positions of the objectives based on what they give. Also, positions reference the combined map.

Key #B and Key #C we found last night but timed out shortly after we did. Please forgive us for holding back but we wanted a chance to explore it ourselves before we shouted it out.

Will update after tonight's run with the additional objectives we find.

Zone A -

1/7 - Key #A - Open the door at D-4
2/7 - Plate #A - Self-cast anything at I-5 teleporter
3/7 - Shard #A - Magic kills 10k-20k (Full to dead from Blu. Exact details still sketch but we have done this x6 now.)
4/7 - Metal #A - Magic kills 10k-20k (as above, again)
5/7 - Blue Casket - Kill x5
6/7 - Blue Casket - Rest on the raised floor immediately after the D-4 door
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Obdella

Zone B -

1/7 - Key #B - Open all B gates in order from 1 to 6. Gobbo posted already so I undid the redact I did and we can confirm this is what we did.
2/7 - Plate #B - /hurray at Device B (maybe other cheery emotes? sad ones /cry and /sigh did not work)
3/7 - Shard #B - Magic Kills Opposite Element Kills? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
4/7 - Metal #B - Magic Kills Weak Element? Dupe again? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
5/7 - Blue Casket - Skillchain kill? (Fuzzy on exact conditions.)
6/7 - Blue Casket - Open a locked B door.
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Porxie from 15-20% hp in one hit? (Seems fairly solid at this time but not 100%.)

Zone C -

1/7 - Key #C - Open the door at N-10
2/7 - Plate #C -
3/7 - Shard #C -
4/7 - Metal #C -
5/7 - Blue Casket -
6/7 - Blue Casket -
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill Bhoot (special condition?)

Zone D -

1/7 - Key #D -
2/7 - Plate #D -
3/7 - Shard #D -
4/7 - Metal #D -
5/7 - Blue Casket -
6/7 - Blue Casket -
7/7 - Red Coffer - Kill NM

Misc Fun Facts -

Being out of exp range will not give you the spoils of a chest.
It appears that you need to be in range both when the chest spawns and when it is opened to get credit for the drops.
This only applies to the final step of a multi-location puzzle. (i.e. only gotta be at door 06. Not at all 5 along the way.)

Boss rooms (gadgets) have doors that will slam shut once you engage the boss. Make sure everyone is inside or you're likely screwed.

New Map -

Nice job saying others are "Full of ***" about there findings when all yours say ??? LMAO and wont even tell what you think it is on some.
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-08-18 17:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes saying im trolling and full of ***for seeing someone get key B from doing spinning dive > leaden on earth ele, im not saying its for sure but its something at least.
 Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-18 18:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed Porxie at 19% hp with a leaden salute in one go and did not get a red chest?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-18 18:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I’ll be capped out on emp+2 before you guys can even enter by the looks of it.

At least we play with real people and not our 5 imaginary friends.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-08-18 18:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

At least we play with real people and not our 5 imaginary friends.

It wouldn't be hard to script an addon that makes alts /examine and /emote/ooohs/aaahs when it sees empy gear on the main client. Suck it, social normies!

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-18 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing a mob and killing it on the device C platform completed the obj apparently
By SimonSes 2022-08-18 18:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My group killed with tenebral crush on light day from 5% and got objective, so I don't think so.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-18 18:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
My group killed with tenebral crush on light day from 5% and got objective, so I don't think so.
Any skillchain?

I'm beginning to think that on porxie you need to have at least 1 SC and not kill it?

Here is a log of when I killed it
Code
25:39 Porxie fight start
-97% Leaden Salute 73k
-69% Leaden Salute 56k
-47% Leaden Salute 64k
-24% Atonement 301 + Reverberation 205
-19% Leaden Salute 82k dead
26:03 6/7 Coffer #B (red): 500 muffin + sapphire
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-08-18 18:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For my magic damage kills in Area A I did Spectral Floe only and got both of the procs, spam inc.

[Aldolol] 55950 Spectral Floe ¨ {2}: Abject?Acuex and Abject?Acuex
AOE 27607 ¨ Abject?Acuex
AOE 56194 ¨ {2}: Abject?Acuex and Abject?Acuex
AOE 55705 ¨ Abject?Acuex
AOE 27852 ¨ Abject?Acuex
Aldolol defeats the Abject Acuex.
Records of Eminence: Deal 500+ Damage.
Progress: 70/200.
Records of Eminence: Vanquish Multiple Enemies I.
Progress: 108/200.
Progress: 109/200.
Progress: 110/200.
Progress: 111/200.
Progress: 112/200.
Aldolol received 156 gallimaufry for a total of 7024.
#A treasure coffer status report: 4/7 #?: 0/1.
[Aldolol] 27852 Spectral Floe ¨ Abject?Acuex
Progress: 114/200.
Aldolol received 36 gallimaufry for a total of 7190.
#A treasure coffer status report: 5/7 #?: 0/1.

My only potential take away from this, is perhaps each camp of Acuex has a specific magic weakness and once you have found that weakness you just need to kill them with that magic? The only other thing I did was be the only person to touch them too
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-18 18:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to get the 5 kills A3 Chest and A4 chest same kill when doing Acuex in first room ONLY using searing tempest. With the rest of south acuex in first room I continued to only using searing tempest and got A5 chest. I think part of the requirement for the chests is only doing Magic damage on them. My friends group was able to burst but they used SCH scs not WS. Also the searing tempests did 26k for last killing blows and still gave chest.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-08-18 18:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I did 25~% with leaden to porxie to kill today and no chest
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-18 19:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

At least we paying to play with real people and not our 5 imaginary friends.

Fixed
[+]
By Caesir 2022-08-18 19:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

(;´ヮ´)7 Hello everyone,

Sortie makes me feel like there are a lot of mini puzzle-solving mechanics in it.
I've been looking through both EN and JP community talks in the past few days and did some tests with my friends too.
I'm gonna do some simple translation from JP player twitters, and some of my personal findings:

1. The latest map of Sortie, including all 4 areas

Source: Twitter@Chamina348さん

2. How to get Keys and other temporary items?

Plate A: cast any enhancing magic near the Device A
Plate B: /hurray targetting Device B
Plate C: デバイス横で敵1匹撃破(Twitter@sho_ff11さん) which means to bring an enemy next to Device C and kill it there
Plate D: Currently unknown.

Key A: Open the gate A1
Key B: Open gates in area B following the order from B1 to B6.
Key C: Require getting Key B, open all 3 "Locked Gate B" at (J-8) (K-8) (M-8) on the map above, I don't know if it also require a specific order or not. Then go to the Gate C1 at (N-10), check for Key C.
Key D: Locked Gate C×3解錠後、D2→D1を解錠(Twitter @sho_ff11さん) translation: after 3 Locked Gate Cs are unlocked, process to Gate D2 then D1.

3. Additional Notes
1) Plates are used for unlocking teleport between the devices. They will remain in your temporary inventory in Sortie, I can still see them on my third trip in.
2) The undeads in Area C seem only detect sight and yellow HP.
3) Area D enemies are fomors, sight detect and can link.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2022-08-18 19:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you can fight bosses thru the door. avatar assault commands/bloodpacts will reach.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-18 19:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Entry KI items info:

I had 24 minutes left on my regular entry item. I completed my Ruspix plate earlier in the day. I used my Ruspix plate and entered Sortie. When I came back out, my regular cooldown was back to 18 hours from 24 minutes.

Use your regular plate to enter your first run. Then use your Ruspix to refill it and go again. Otherwise, you will lose a KI like I did.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-08-18 19:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I stopped updating my map. That is a lot fancier.

Fomors - Area D

• Either are partied up or link from really far away.

• WS hit surprisingly hard for 134ish enemies.

• Killed all fomors in F-7/8, H-9, I-11, and the square at F-10 to G-11.

• Cleaved two different groups at F-10 to G-11 no procs.

• Red coffer from the NM's party near gate D-2.

• Fomor NM is in a WHM cap, WAR body, blurred staff. Job unknown. It got smashed and seemed weaker than the rest of the pull.

• THF dropped it almost two minutes after the NM died. They were in the same pull.

• Warrior hit our blue with a DA for about 1470.

Things we tried on Device D we spent about 10 mins doing a variety of emotes and other shenanigans:

Trade
Craft
Emotes
Job Emotes
Use an Item
/say
Job Ability
Cure
Dying
Raising
Curing an Enemy Fomor
Light SC on Enemy
[+]
By Guyford 2022-08-18 19:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Entry KI items info:

I had 24 minutes left on my regular entry item. I completed my Ruspix plate earlier in the day. I used my Ruspix plate and entered Sortie. When I came back out, my regular cooldown was back to 18 hours from 24 minutes.

Use your regular plate to enter your first run. Then use your Ruspix to refill it and go again. Otherwise, you will lose a KI like I did.

Already explained how this worked earlier so if you wanna see what's actually going on look back a couple pages, but in short you did not fully charge a ruspix plate, that would take 100 hours from your first entry assuming you only entered once.

But question, did you have 18 hours 24 min right after exiting? or 36 min after exiting? I wanna know if the excess time from your rusplix plate is still on there, was subtracted from next ki time, or was lost to the void.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 153 154 155