On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2022-07-21 19:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
apparently I just cant get enough cure sets.

Since cure 1-2 are 100% free from empy legs alone (cure 1 even with raetic rod +1), I am looking into redoing my cure sets with no ConMP for low tier Cures

This is my current Curesets (weather+solace) for when MP is high
ItemSet 377736

Changes I could think of
- Replace conMP ring with the Loop for 1CP2 and 1FC
- conmp earring into ???
- Shield could stay due to haste effect or replace with ???
- ammo slot replaced with ???

Pretty similar to what I'm doing. I went through most of mine and adjusted things to try and keep HP and defenses higher throughout which is helpful for things like ody. Culminus shield is 57 HP and 10 SIRD, so I've got that going most of the time for my midcasts.
 Asura.Cladbolg
Server: Asura
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2022-07-22 21:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi I looked through the last few pages and there were a couple of DT/Cure Potency sets posted for Odyssey but no consensus on which is best to use. What are the uptodate DT/CP and DT/Refresh sets most people are using for Oddysey seg farms/Gaol NM's? Thank you.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-07-22 22:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of gears you can mix/match with but this is what I use
ItemSet 385646

cape mnd,eva/meva,meva,curepot+10,pdt10
By Chimerawizard 2022-07-23 12:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

On Mboze I was trying to actually keep hate on the add, so didn't care about enmity-. also basically only ever did curagas. If I had raetic at the time I may have used this.

ItemSet 364035
mdt-20(49 w/ shell5, cap w/ sheltered bonus)
cape: mnd pdt cure pot
 Bahamut.Kacil
Server: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-07-25 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like WHM gets 23% cure potency from job point gifts. Does that contribute to the 50% cure potency cap or is it separate?
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-25 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kacil said: »
It looks like WHM gets 23% cure potency from job point gifts. Does that contribute to the 50% cure potency cap or is it separate?

This question periodically pops out, I think it's answered on bgwiki somewhere. Anyway, job points do not give a percentage bonus like the one from gear. They give base cure power. So if you were naked, your Cure IV would cure 663 hp instead of 640.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-07-25 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, thanks. Those job gifts are much less powerful than I thought I guess.
By DaneBlood 2022-07-25 22:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you read closer nothing in the job points gift says "cure potency X%" they all aya "Cure Potency X" aka its not a percentage boost but a static boost ( its applied before potency% is )

Then i think you dont understand WHM or have REALLY extreme poor gear
If it was "cure potency X%" it would be useless as you already cap that without even gearing for it.

Simple math here lets you could utilize all of there 23% to cap at 50% cure 1 and 2 would still do better with the current Cure +X

if you have cure potency at 50% getting +23 static bonus is roughly around getting 12% curepotency 2 for free but without hitting any caps.

not only that the static bonus vs a percentage pages means it helps a lot more on the smaller cures making the viable to use again.

You can as always use my calculator here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xnC7ETVxBDQ5jIgE7umoyryc6cL0VZyoUUe99QJrOIU/edit#gid=1627017608

I really need to learn some kind of Web GUI coding to make it something better than a spreadsheet
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2022-07-25 22:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

This question periodically pops out, I think it's answered on bgwiki somewhere. Anyway, job points do not give a percentage bonus like the one from gear. They give base cure power. So if you were naked, your Cure IV would cure 663 hp instead of 640.

This answer is misleading. They give a bonus to the base value of the spell (i.e. Magic Damage), which is not the same as the amount of HP restored. Combined with the +40 from Afflatus Solace Job Points, this raises the base value of Cure III from 70 to 133, an increase of 90% (which is then increased by gear and other bonuses in a multiplicative manner as usual), and Cure V from 210 to 273 (an increase of 30%). These are very substantial bonuses and result in Cure III restoring around 700 HP and costing 0 MP due to the 6% refund from Empyrean legs.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-26 06:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No, your post is the one that's misleading. No WHM casts in 0 VIT/MND/Healing Magic Skill regardless of how many gifts you have, so the minimum cure power values are irrelevant for comparing stats, and this stat does affect raw HP healed before multipliers, not cure spell base power.

Also, the question was talking about the gifts alone, not gifts plus job points, so it'd only a value of 23 in this comparison.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-07-26 11:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I don't really understand WHM and have poor gear. That's why I'm asking questions.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-07-27 15:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I don't really understand WHM and have poor gear. That's why I'm asking questions.

Questions are always fair. But technically this was not a question. it was a conclusion, which was what was responded to, and provided a tool to help you estimate the proper value.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-08-10 20:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So does the potential +8% on legs buff raetic rod+1 as being the best curing weapon?
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2022-08-12 18:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

IMHO, it doesn't really change things as far as Raetic is concerned. You're still paying more, and unless you somehow completely avoid overcure the refund from legs doesn't change that as much as you'd think. Especially these days where overcuring just for the cureskin is an incredibly powerful strategy. Heck, probably 2 out of 3 of my single target cures are for 0 HP; I'm just doing it for the cureskin. In those cases, all I care about is HP per MP.

Raetic definitely punishes that play style and that's what I think it comes down to: play style more than gear. It's also impacted by how much refresh you tend to have in your parties. If you regularly heal without support, Raetic is less attractive than it would be if you always have ballads and such.

So Raetic is the best for what it is, but it's not the "best" period. Nothing is. It's all circumstantial. Trying to put a "best WHM curing weapon" label on one thing or another is a fool's game. Use what suits your circumstances.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-08-12 19:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
IMHO, it doesn't really change things as far as Raetic is concerned.

I have to disagree on this part.
with the potential 8% MP kick back on empy legs +3
the free cures with raetic goes all the way up to cure 5

you can adjust numbers for overcurings but it does not take away that the 8% on pants would greatly decrease the mp cost delta between raetic vs none raetic

-- edit --

those number are with out lightarts price discount so with lights up its sit even better for using raetic +1

and evne if you remove the effect from ConMP in the above spreadshet you get that for both raetic and weather staff you end up with cure 1-4 beeing free. cure 5 and 6 is more expensive on raetic +1 yes but that still a pretty closing of the gap

and considering my earlier advise on using staff on cure5 and 6 anyway due to small gains of raetic on those cures. you really end up with that the pants negated the the disadvantage of raetic+1
By DaneBlood 2022-08-12 19:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

just more spreadsheeting i got annoyed i did not have lightsart in the calculator so i added in quickly ( does not round correctly atm)

This is with ConserveMP average and lights art calculated in both are not perfect modellend as conservemp is average with taking into account for over savings and lights art reduction are not rounded correctly but it should still be close enough to get the gist
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-08-12 20:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IMHO, it doesn't really change things as far as Raetic is concerned.

with the potential 8% MP kick back on empy legs +3
the free cures with raetic goes all the way up to cure 5

you can adjust numbers for overcurings but it does not take away that the 8% on pants would greatly decrease the mp cost delta between raetic vs none raetic

-- edit --

those number are with out lightarts price discount so with lights up its sit even better for using raetic +1

and evne if you remove the effect from ConMP in the above spreadshet you get that for both raetic and weather staff you end up with cure 1-4 beeing free. cure 5 and 6 is more expensive on raetic +1 yes but that still a pretty closing of the gap

and considering my earlier advise on using staff on cure5 and 6 anyway due to small gains of raetic on those cures. you really end up with that the pants negated the the disadvantage of raetic+1

Just an observation - shouldn't your Power calculation be 113 for Raetic? Isn't it suppose to be 63 (Gifts) + 50 (Raetic) = 113? Or is there something I am missing since I don't really play anymore but just mildly like to keep up with things when I can.
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 02:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to have missed the entire rest of Pergatory's post.

I agree with him, the vast majority of cures I land lately have been for 0-100 HP, just to keep up cureskin. Sure, there's a curaga every now and then, but generally I'm always overcuring because cureskin is the single most powerful tool that WHM has.

You could say it this way:
- is your whm a bot, and only curing at certain HP threshold with the perfectly suitable spell for the opportunity? Raetic Rod is great, especially with the new 8% cure to mp, possibly 9% at +3
- are you a manual player, consistently overcuring for the stoneskin? Raetic will make cures too expensive and is likely not worth it too much.

Every other situation is, of course, situational.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-08-13 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Just an observation - shouldn't your Power calculation be 113 for Raetic? Isn't it suppose to be 63 (Gifts) + 50 (Raetic) = 113? Or is there something I am missing since I don't really play anymore but just mildly like to keep up with things when I can.

You are correct i misstyped in the above. Fixing this lends even more towards raetics favor

You seem to have missed the entire rest of Pergatory's post.

I did not miss it i did cover overcuring part in the text i just didn't bring a screenshot of the numbers

but lets look at it with a 50% overcuring (aka the "missed" curing is 50% of the landed cure amount)

That still a big reduction in gab from raetic to weather staff
remember the claim was "it didnt change much" not that it make raetic's extra payment disappear

now specific of landing spells for just cureskin that where you would use weather staff instead. having one item does not exclude using others

I personally use both raetic and weather staff depending on current mp level and the size of the cure so if you want to keep that cureskin high with a cUre6 landing for sub 100 hp the weather staff would be used

which is why i mentioned that if you follow my prior recommendation to use weather staff in combination with raetic you can really get the best of both world

also the 8% is the speculation on +3 pants. +2 pants "only" has 7%

as you say situational
yes exeactly but trying to evalute an item in a sitaution it is not meant for does not really seem like a proper way to evalute improvements. instead evaluate them where they bring their effect in place will show you how to utilize them the best way

We wouldnt complain about how weather belt does not work when there is no weather. We just dont use it in that situation. Same goes with raetic.
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 14:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

remember the claim was "it didnt change much" not that it make raetic's extra payment disappear

Yes. And that claim is true: the criterias for choosing to use Raetic over Chatoyant are still exactly the same as they were before. MP return is a little higher with new empy pants +2 and thus HP threshold is a little different, but marginally so and thus Raetic Rod(+1) is still firmly where it was before, so... it didn't change much.

We get it, you have a huge *** for Raetic Rod and we've known for a while. It's understandable, but sometimes it leads to unnecessary arguments. Like this one.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-13 14:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Very uneducated about Banish vs. Undead gear.

Does WHM really get much benefit from it when using it on Banish 3 casts? It's already ripping 90% SDB and there are pieces that have like +30 to the effect to take it way over 100% reduction. Wiki page seems to say that you can't take SDB and take it into the negative to make it a damage bonus.

It honestly seems like all the gear in the game is for the other jobs that can use it when /WHM.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-09-13 14:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as we know there is no benefit casting banish3 over 2 if the potency is already capped. However the SDT often get resisted fully especially vs high level mobs, maybe some testing can be done for -SDT land rate for banish3 vs banish2?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-09-13 17:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
As far as we know there is no benefit casting banish3 over 2 if the potency is already capped. However the SDT often get resisted fully especially vs high level mobs, maybe some testing can be done for -SDT land rate for banish3 vs banish2?
Duration. Banish III's effect lasts longer.
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Very uneducated about Banish vs. Undead gear.

Does WHM really get much benefit from it when using it on Banish 3 casts? It's already ripping 90% SDB and there are pieces that have like +30 to the effect to take it way over 100% reduction. Wiki page seems to say that you can't take SDB and take it into the negative to make it a damage bonus.

It honestly seems like all the gear in the game is for the other jobs that can use it when /WHM.
I use the hands for Banishga II when I need to AoE the def effect onto a pull of undead in Sheol, etc. Should still be just enough to cap in one piece of gear too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-14 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a super-pro WHM here, but after hitting some higher priority Empy+2 upgrades for my mage/support alt's other jobs (omg those SCH hands/feet, those RDM body/hands/feet...) I think it's about time to start upgrading some WHM Empy+2 pieces and clean my sets up.

Thoughts on how to prioritize the Empy+2 pieces? My mind instantly went to legs first, but while 1% more MP return is certainly nice, I'm starting to talk myself into body's additional cureskin as maybe a more impactful upgrade for practical purposes. Or hands for divine caress additional resist are pretty cool... IDK, help me decide! :)
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-14 13:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The body, hands, and legs are all good pieces but I went with the legs first simply for the DT for my cure sets.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-14 13:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Not a super-pro WHM here, but after hitting some higher priority Empy+2 upgrades for my mage/support alt's other jobs (omg those SCH hands/feet, those RDM body/hands/feet...) I think it's about time to start upgrading some WHM Empy+2 pieces and clean my sets up.

Thoughts on how to prioritize the Empy+2 pieces? My mind instantly went to legs first, but while 1% more MP return is certainly nice, I'm starting to talk myself into body's additional cureskin as maybe a more impactful upgrade for practical purposes. Or hands for divine caress additional resist are pretty cool... IDK, help me decide! :)

Body > legs > hands > feet > optionally hat

Why:
More cureskin is worth a lot more than that 1% additional mp return;
The dt during cure midcast is VERY nice, but not nicer than the cureskin;
Divine caress is hax if you use it properly, but the opportunities where it shines don't occur that common after all;
Auspice is great but 2% more won't make a big difference;
Divine veil can't be relied upon unfortunately

The additional 1% mp recovered is pretty much irrelevant, unless you're strong on using raetic rod, then it becomes better... But raetic rod also make that additional cureskin better, which turns into more mp savings than legs anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2022-09-14 13:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I use the hands for Banishga II when I need to AoE the def effect onto a pull of undead in Sheol, etc. Should still be just enough to cap in one piece of gear too.
I think last time I did the math, it seemed to me that around +42% potency was required to cap Banishga II. It's possible I did the math wrong, it's been a while since I did it.

My Lua only has the Fanatic Gloves & Jokushu Chain which is 35% so I'd still be missing 7% according to that math. Not sure where I was getting the last 7% or if I was just settling due to inv space issues.

Either way, Fanatic Gloves definitely gets you most of the way there.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-14 13:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispenser's cape is exactly+7 banish. However, ipoca beret is +25, for a nice just-two-pieces-to-cap instead of three.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-09-14 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Body > legs > hands > feet > optionally hat

Why:
More cureskin is worth a lot more than that 1% additional mp return;
The dt during cure midcast is VERY nice, but not nicer than the cureskin;
Divine caress is hax if you use it properly, but the opportunities where it shines don't occur that common after all;
Auspice is great but 2% more won't make a big difference;
Divine veil can't be relied upon unfortunately

The additional 1% mp recovered is pretty much irrelevant, unless you're strong on using raetic rod, then it becomes better... But raetic rod also make that additional cureskin better, which turns into more mp savings than legs anyway.

I generally agree with this order with one small caveat.

If you are currently in the odyssey RP grind, I think legs > body. 1% is more important there as you're likely spamming curagas, and don't have /sch for sublimation/10% discount on cure MP. However, this is generally moot, as even solo, you're talking about ~4 days of farming gali/sapphires.

Edit: I do also think that the hat is optional, but I'm looking at it for my DT cure sets for odyssey because it has decent defensive stats and 19% potency. That and Bunzi's body are 14% CP by themselves.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-09-14 16:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I think last time I did the math, it seemed to me that around +42% potency was required to cap Banishga II. It's possible I did the math wrong, it's been a while since I did it.

My Lua only has the Fanatic Gloves & Jokushu Chain which is 35% so I'd still be missing 7% according to that math. Not sure where I was getting the last 7% or if I was just settling due to inv space issues.

Either way, Fanatic Gloves definitely gets you most of the way there.

I prefer piety mitts +3 for banishga ii honestly. Same bonus to banish, extra 18 macc, 6 skill, 10 MND. It also doubles as a decent enfeebling piece for us plebs that can't get regal cuffs...
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24