On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 ... 22 23 24
By Wotasu 2020-06-24 21:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Node 408
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-06-24 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

o
Edit: Ah the cursna calc made it in thanks lol
By Jetackuu 2020-06-24 22:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-06-24 23:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why regal pumps+1 for FC? i mean with unity ranking worrying about rank, shouldnt you just forget it and go FC7 Chironic?
By Aerison 2020-06-24 18:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Why regal pumps+1 for FC? i mean with unity ranking worrying about rank, shouldnt you just forget it and go FC7 Chironic?

Because you cap without having to *** around with augments.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-24 20:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also put pinga pants +1 in for 13% fc.
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-24 21:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
you can also put pinga pants +1 in for 13% fc.

Or NQ for 11%, which (over)caps anyway.

Also, Oranyan has 7 FC too, no need to mess around with Grio augments.

You also have a typo in your Elite fastcast set, it uses Perimede cape but then it says that cape has 10 FC augment.

As for feet, I generally recommend Telchine with a max FC augment, which come with the added bonus of inventory+1 since no need to hold Regal Pumps.

If for w/e reason you have Weatherspoon Ring instead of Janniston, you can put it instead of Prolix/Rahab and switch Embla Sash instead of Witful Belt. In fact, it's what I did in my own set:
Code
sets.Precast.FastCast = {    main="C. Palug Hammer",    sub="Chanter's Shield",    ammo="Impatiens",
    head="Vanya Hood",         neck="Cleric's Torque +2", ear1="Loquac. Earring", ear2="Malignance Earring",
    body="Inyanga Jubbah +2",  hands="Gende. Gages +1",   ring1="Kishar Ring",    ring2="Weather. Ring",
    back="Perimede Cape",      waist="Embla Sash",        legs="Pinga Pants",     feet="Telchine Pigaches", }

It overcaps both fastcast and quick cast at 86% FC and 11% quickcast.

Also Raetic Rod +1 is a terrible choice and should definitely not be in a guide, or we'll be ridden with WHMs (both mains and mules) that run out of MP constantly.
I strongly recommend putting in Queller Rod instead, then offering a Weather swap set, then making a note that Raetic Rod can be stronger in case of double weather, but should only be used if your MP management is spot on and/or you have enough refresh buffs to make it work.
 Asura.Sadistic
By Asura.Sadistic 2020-06-24 21:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

saw a new guide and got excited - was hoping for updated DD gearsets :(

Regardless, looks great! Appreciate knowing what the current meta looks like.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-06-24 23:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to feel any MP struggles since swapping to Raetic +1 that I didn't already encounter with Chatoyant/Queller combo. Namely, the only time I have an MP issue is if I have to spam Raise/Pro/Shell, otherwise, my heals are free anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-24 23:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Also Raetic Rod +1 is a terrible choice and should definitely not be in a guide, or we'll be ridden with WHMs (both mains and mules) that run out of MP constantly.
I strongly recommend putting in Queller Rod instead, then offering a Weather swap set, then making a note that Raetic Rod can be stronger in case of double weather, but should only be used if your MP management is spot on and/or you have enough refresh buffs to make it work.

This debate is never going to end, but it is best in slot and provided that you aren't massively over curing, you aren't going to run into MP issues. There will always be WHM's running around cure bombing with cure V+, so it's an issue with the person not the gear.

For enfeebling, you might want to add Yagrush. R-15 has +70 MACC; more with LvL 1 aftermath.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-25 00:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
This debate is never going to end
What debate? he's just wrong.
By Wotasu 2020-06-25 01:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning!
And thank you for the comments and addition that can be added.
I did not think about Oranyan, and since you can get up to 12 on Grio, it's a lesser option, and Grio is easier to obtain. But Ive added it.
And with Regal Pumps +1, it's usable by more jobs than Chironic, cause everyone will have inventory issues c.c;
same for Su3 vs Volte, but Su3 is an easy early option to obtain.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-06-25 02:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This debate is never going to end, but it is best in slot and provided that you aren't massively over curing, you aren't going to run into MP issues. There will always be WHM's running around cure bombing with cure V+, so it's an issue with the person not the gear.

Massively over curer checking in! I absolutely overheal people who are already at full regularly to get the cureskin on them, whether it's players with weakness, mobs we're trying to minimize TP gain on, etc etc. Yall might run with flawless players who never swing into pain sync, always dodge fullers, and never get caught by AoE in a WS set but that's not the world I live in. Lower MP costs also do help when you're the one that ate dirt and are weakened yourself, not that I'm guilty of that or anything >.>

I know the raetic wins out on the numbers game, but chatoyant's gotta be recommended at least over Queller for a mid tier thing right? It's only 2-3mil off AH and doesn't require any difficult fights for new players or time gates in the form of daily DI farming.

Nitpicks aside, this is a great guide, thanks for putting it together
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikkel
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikkel84
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikkel 2020-06-25 03:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job so far.

I recommend using a Shinjutsu-no-obi +1 over Austerity belt +1 as your no-weather waist in the cure sets. It can be augmented with +15 Conserve MP and 5% FC.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shinjutsu-no-Obi_%2B1

I also idle in it when I'm not charging sublimation and my MP is above 50%. Its also my Fast cast belt because it helps maintain max MP across sets.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-06-25 03:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there's a diffrence with Cureskin'ing with Cure III or V/VI. Not counting Light Arts -mp cost & Raetic +mp cost, that's 48mp vs 135/227, most Idle sets can handle the 48mp drain. And often enough there's a Brd around just nag them to a ballad 3!

Quetzalcoatl.Mikkel said: »
Great job so far.

I recommend using a Shinjutsu-no-obi +1 over Austerity belt +1 as your no-weather waist in the cure sets. It can be augmented with +15 Conserve MP and 5% FC.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shinjutsu-no-Obi_%2B1

I also idle in it when I'm not charging sublimation and my MP is above 50%. Its also my Fast cast belt because it helps maintain max MP across sets.
It was on my mind at the time, just somehow decided not to, and I will add it in.
 Bahamut.Valafar
Server: Bahamut
user: Valafar
By Bahamut.Valafar 2020-06-25 04:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider also Fanatic Gloves (aug'd FC 7%) for Fast Cast sets - equal FC to the Gende. Gages +1 listed, but most people will already have these for Cursna, so saves an inventory slot.

Edit - Forgot to say thanks! Great guide, and kudos for putting the effort in to help people.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-06-25 04:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Valafar said: »
Consider also Fanatic Gloves (aug'd FC 7%) for Fast Cast sets - equal FC to the Gende. Gages +1 listed, but most people will already have these for Cursna, so saves an inventory slot.
I'll add it as an option, I have Gende anyways cause brd precast, but not everyone plays brd!
And SR pops/augs can be random as hell.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-25 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job btw, I like the CCT + FC set with capped cure potency. It's a good set if you also want to use Quick Magic w/o gimping your cures too much.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-25 09:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for taking the time to make this!

v2 did a really good job of describing job mechanics, and I'm glad to see v3 share updated gear sets.

IMO, what's been missing is a crash course in "How to play WHM (better)". Particularly things like setting up play environment (chat filters/battlemod, macros/binds, party status icons, fast alliance targeting/party targeting, etc), pre-battle scouting, proper triage, pre-curing, when to drop into misery, divine caress, effective Sacro/Asylum use, etc. WHM has a really high skill/knowledge ceiling, and I feel like that holds people back more than not being min/maxed does.

Rua touched on some of those subjects in his video guide, but having a more detailed text reference would probably help a lot of newer WHMs out.
By Wotasu 2020-06-25 10:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Thanks for taking the time to make this!

v2 did a really good job of describing job mechanics, and I'm glad to see v3 share updated gear sets.

IMO, what's been missing is a crash course in "How to play WHM (better)". Particularly things like setting up play environment (chat filters/battlemod, macros/binds, scouting opponents, party status icons, fast alliance targeting/party targeting, etc), proper triage, pre-curing, when to drop into misery, divine caress, effective Sacro/Asylum use, etc. WHM has a really high skill/knowledge ceiling, and I feel like that holds people back more than not being min/maxed does.

Rua touched on some of those subjects in his video guide, but having a more detailed text reference would probably help a lot of newer WHMs out.
If someone *hint* *hint* wants to sit down and type that out into a guide format I'll find a way to place into the guide c.c;
I know SE wants us to play more Misery, but Yagrush is the safe option and Cureskin is really nice...
VIP
By Lili 2020-06-25 17:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would still at least recommend a note that to make it work you *need* /sch and bis or close to bis gear to maximize MP return, and a decent amount of refresh from either idle set or buffs.

Jetackuu said: »
What debate? he's just wrong.

Jetacku pls
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-25 20:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what i would really like is something that would show party/alliance frames in the middle of the screen and bigger, kind of like healbot for wow. i play on a 55" tv so im getting tired of craning my neck to look at a teeny weeny little display to see if someone is dying.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-25 22:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
If someone *hint* *hint* wants to sit down and type that out into a guide format I'll find a way to place into the guide c.c;
I know SE wants us to play more Misery, but Yagrush is the safe option and Cureskin is really nice...

One guide is enough for me, sorry XD
By Havok16 2020-07-07 08:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the great guide. Would you recommend even nq raetic, instead of Hq?
By Wotasu 2020-07-07 08:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Havok16 said: »
I did some Cure III tests a month ago comparing NQ(Cause I made an NQ by mistake) vs Chatoyant vs HQ with storm up. I dont remember full details, but it was something like NQ did ~80 below Chatoyant, and Chatoyant did ~80 below HQ.
Since you're curing for less with NQ but the Mp sponge is still 30%, you MP return with Eber's is less.
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-07 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Havok16 said: »

It depends, raetic mp recovery is a function of how much you can cure for. For cure I-II, and maybe III you should be fine, but you want to use chat or quellers above that.

Chatoyant has it's own issues, namely that you are casting in non-iLvl. Which comes with its own problems.

I'm slowly putting together a guide on raetic use, but I've got kids/work etc...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-07 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Chatoyant Staff only works at max potency under Aurorastorm and or Lightsday/weather, same for Hachirin-no-Obi,
All sets implies Afflaus Solace

Just a minor correction, but Iridescence isn't activated by day.
By Wotasu 2020-07-07 12:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
Chatoyant Staff only works at max potency under Aurorastorm and or Lightsday/weather, same for Hachirin-no-Obi,
All sets implies Afflaus Solace

Just a minor correction, but Iridescence isn't activated by day.
You are correct! Just double checked bgwiki on Chatoyant, and will make an edit.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Stickied.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-07-07 22:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Single Target Cures

Some basic calculations for Raetic using the BG wiki:

Assuming max cure potency + cure potency II (26 for raetic +1, 16 for chat). So weather effect is 1.10 and 1.20 respectively. Master + Afflatus Solace:

Code
JP -- JP Bonus 
level -- level of spell (Cure I, Cure II, etc...)
BASE -- BASE cure calculation per BG wiki
max_cured -- max cure amount
mp_returned -- mp returned through Empy +1
net_cost -- cost of spell after Empy Deduction (assuming that it's a floor on MP cost, still need to check).

Key take aways:

• Cure III is still pretty close to free with raetic +1 (actually free with aurorastorm II).

• Cure IV's are still a bit expensive if you are spamming them w/o some support. Therefore, you might want to add a switch in your lua for chat/raetic+1 only for spells greater than T3.

Code
   cure_potency cure_potency2 day_bonus Raetic    JP level mp_cost  BASE max_cured mp_returned net_cost
          <dbl>         <dbl>     <dbl>  <dbl> <dbl> <int>   <dbl> <dbl>     <dbl>       <dbl>    <dbl>
 1           50            16       1.2      0    63     1       8    65       266          15        0
 2           50            16       1.2      0    63     2      24   145       433          25        0
 3           50            16       1.2      0    63     3      46   340       841          50        0
 4           50            16       1.2      0    63     4      88   640      1467          88        0
 5           50            16       1.2      0    63     5     135   780      1759         105       30
 6           50            16       1.2      0    63     6     227  1010      2240         134       93
 7           50            26       1.1     50    63     1      10    65       369          22        0
 8           50            26       1.1     50    63     2      31   145       535          32        0
 9           50            26       1.1     50    63     3      59   340       941          56        3
10           50            26       1.1     50    63     4     114   640      1565          93       21
11           50            26       1.1     50    63     5     175   780      1855         111       64
12           50            26       1.1     50    63     6     295  1010      2334         140      155

Actuals on darksday with aurorastorm. There is definitely a day effect, as I started this on lightsday and had a 1580 cure iv with raetic +1. I'll do this on a neutral day when I have some more free time.

I did not use gear swap during this test, and used the sets listed above with substitutions to ensure that Cure potency was capped under chatoyant.
Code
[ Darksday       ]    [ Lightsday (Partial) ]  [ Neutral (Todo)]
Raetic +1     Chat    Raetic +1     Chat   
 311          232      373          274
 451          377      541          445
 792          730     (day change)  863
1317         1274     1580         1506

Todo:

I still need to double check the formulas, and make sure that things are matching up.

I need to work out and re-test cure-skin.
First Page 2 ... 22 23 24