Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-11 19:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Jdove said: »
run igeo smn smn = VD dead in 20 secs

Would you mind elaborating please and ty?!

Never done it but I’ll try to actually answer.

I’d assume with only 2 SMN they’d need to be pretty well-geared. Use ifrit flaming crush with geo frailty and indi maliase. Position the avatars opposite ends of each other and the run so if one pulls hate the other avatar is still dealing damage. Switch to indi torpor and ramuh for pony and slowly finish him off.

I guess you could do indi torpor with ramuh instead of ifrit. Just looked up a video from last year that did this route.

So youre killing boss before pony?
By tyalangan 2020-06-11 19:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you want to use AC to get rid of him then the run is pretty much over.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-11 19:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Using smn on such a easy month... scrubs always need a crutch
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-11 20:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is money.

The only part I don't like about advertising conduit burn works is that it shifts from "smn works" to "only smn works". The same as "youtube says mnk works" now every shout wants "BiS monk onry, I don't know why it has to be mnk but youtube said it has to be mnk and you have to use the same weapon too"
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-11 20:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, best to finish a fight in 30 secs because grabbing this shitty ki wont take 30 secs
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-11 20:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So is Smn method:
Run, Geo, Cor, Smn, Smn, Smn + Ifrit for Smns?

I'm guessing this based on JP shouts.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-06-11 20:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't done this month, but in the past his block rate is pretty high. An alternative to feed TP during Nether Castigation is get in front of him. His shield blocks a lot of damage and I think he has Shield Mastery, not certain on that though. I just remember as DD hitting his shield for feeding TP without worrying about doing a ton of damage.
By Draylo 2020-06-11 21:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Time is money.

The only part I don't like about advertising conduit burn works is that it shifts from "smn works" to "only smn works". The same as "youtube says mnk works" now every shout wants "BiS monk onry, I don't know why it has to be mnk but youtube said it has to be mnk and you have to use the same weapon too"

Of course, the way of the land on Asura
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-11 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dullahans have a native 100% block rate, which is why a tank will do next to no damage on this. Hitting him from the front will give him the exact same TP than from any other direction, unless he has a shield mastery trait which means attacking him from the front gives him more

Edit: Dullahan are paladin so yes they have shield mastery. Ninja tank would actually feed it significantly more TP, so keep this in mind when tanking
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-11 21:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
So is Smn method:

Undead are weak to fire so yes that would be the setup, and rayke added to it. In a melee setup, paladin is a far better addition to the group than rune because of all the bonuses it gets to undead
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-11 21:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So is Smn method:

Undead are weak to fire so yes that would be the setup, and rayke added to it. In a melee setup, paladin is a far better addition to the group than rune because of all the bonuses it gets to undead

Cool, ty!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-06-12 00:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Video I made to help people with solo and party strategies. Hope some find it useful.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Joeymills
user: joeymills
By Phoenix.Joeymills 2020-06-12 02:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have the react file settings yet?
By Mrgrim 2020-06-12 02:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Time is money.

I'm using Karambits on next MNK video!
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-12 05:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Won VD:
Roughly 9-10min Wins (buffing time included).
Used 1hrs.
Smn, Smn, Smn, Run, Geo, Cor.

Smn: 1hr Ifrit on Dullahan, Flaming Crush. Then swap to pony for Ramuh Volt Strike.
*Smn position themselves on different sides of Dullahan so that when it turns around, after taking Hate off tank, only 1 smn is affected by it's shield defense.
*If Dullahan 'boils over', all attacks must stop until mob can use Nether~ JA (might need to feel mov TP via 'Stone 1' to force it to use move).

Run: Fire runes for Dullahan. Uses Rayke when Smn's do AC on Dullahan, then gambit if needed. For Pony, I found 2x dark, 1x light rune seemed to work best (but other combos could also work)
*Run should be able to mostly keep itself alive with Battuta, Phalanx, Foil, Vivacious Pulse, and Regen, but might need off heals.
*Do not auto attack Dullahan.
*Use both 1hrs as needed. The m.acc down on Dullahan might be useful to use in combination of Rayke to keep Summoner pets alive.
*Will likely need to 5/5 Rakye via Merit Points (lower Inspiration, not Battuta.)

Geo: Entrust-Malaise (Run), Geo-Fraility, Indi-Refresh (For Smn); swap to indi-Torpor for Pony.
*Used bolster @ start of fight in order to buff Geo magic.

Cor: Puppet's and Beast's roll. (Can swap Puppet's for Drachen after Dullahan is dead)
By geigei 2020-06-12 05:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-12 06:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Atonement being used in front of the Dullahan will stop Miasma and Eisenschneider. Seemed odd at first but did it a bunch of times after.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-12 06:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-12 06:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Video I made to help people with solo and party strategies. Hope some find it useful.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I always appreciate your solo perspectives logical, thanks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-12 07:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Joeymills said: »

If you can't turn around after a mob animation and a chat log msg maybe you should stick to vol2
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-12 11:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

Yes, its kinda bad. First try i did even completely messing everything somehow i manage after the burn. I will polish my burn but trying to do smnx2 geo run, ifrit on dula, ramuh on horse, shocksquall then both starts conduiting at same time.

Even outside of burn, its nothing actually hard to beat with just normal BP. Just takes long, but the chances to go south are very slim.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-12 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

Yes, its kinda bad. First try i did even completely messing everything somehow i manage after the burn. I will polish my burn but trying to do smnx2 geo run, ifrit on dula, ramuh on horse, shocksquall then both starts conduiting at same time.

Even outside of burn, its nothing actually hard to beat with just normal BP. Just takes long, but the chances to go south are very slim.

I've did both DD and Smn method yesterday. It had roughly the same clear time of 10 mins for each, which was about what I was seeing last month too. So I don't really see the issue with the clears taking 10 mins. Unless I'm missing something?
 Phoenix.Joeymills
user: joeymills
By Phoenix.Joeymills 2020-06-12 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

If you can't turn around after a mob animation and a chat log msg maybe you should stick to vol2

Maybe? Lmao. let me know when you find some confidence.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-12 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

I've did both DD and Smn method yesterday. It had roughly the same clear time of 10 mins for each, which was about what I was seeing last month too. So I don't really see the issue with the clears taking 10 mins. Unless I'm missing something?

There is zero problems. But if youre mass farming, it would be desirable to do as fast as you can and potentially SMN burning can get pretty low fighting time.

Its also clear with repetition times naturally decrease with less error and imprevement here and there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-12 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Won VD:
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

You should probably swap those bubbles around a bit. Entrust malaise is basically nothing of a bonus, you'd get more using Indi and entrust the refresh. That alone should significantly cut your clear time down
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-06-12 14:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

does the stun method still work? Which attacks would you need to stun? Does this require two stunners, or would something like a rdm/drk work ok?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-12 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe? Lmao. let me know when you find some confidence

Maybe you should find the confidence to pay attention to the chat log and not need a 3rd party tool to turn your character around for you...
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2020-06-12 16:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
does the stun method still work? Which attacks would you need to stun? Does this require two stunners, or would something like a rdm/drk work ok?

Single /drk stunner (I use geo/drk) has worked for me with monk setup (though obviously that's a low-TP feed setup with little charging up spam).