users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Dullahan Ambuscade V1
Dullahan Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By geigei 2020-06-12 17:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
does the stun method still work?
Yes, got a resist on my 4th stun as brd/drk.
By eeternal 2020-06-12 17:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anything that would help reduce stun recast time? sitting at 11 secs with capped haste
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-12 17:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

capped FC, capped haste, RUN can use (Inspiration) Valiance to further assist
By Pantafernando 2020-06-12 17:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can stun every 4 secs. But then its up to you adding it in your party.

Aside that, casting with fast cast (up to 80/40), magic and gear haste.
By eeternal 2020-06-12 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
By Bongarippa 2020-06-12 18:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So 2 friends and I did PLD, RDM, SAM, BRD, GEO, COR. Used the ixion as a tp battery and ws on the dullahan. No when the dullahan started using boil over or w/e. Rdm started spamming dia to force it to use that pain sync move. Songs were honor march and minuet x3, cor rolls sam roll and chaos roll and idr the geo bubbles but I think it was wilt and fury. Started off as around 16 min clears but after 2-3 runs we were down to about 10 min. Could've been faster but it was late and we only did 3 runs this way.
By Crossbones 2020-06-12 18:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mew doesn't seem to work BTW. Used it a few times and only brought TP down to 1900-2700. Couldn't tell if it was resisted the whole time but the 3-5 near the end definitely were not full potency.
By olson2189 2020-06-12 19:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When Charging Up gives him TP drain spikes - how to get rid of those? Dispel/finale doesn't seem to work, and waiting a couple minutes didn't seem to allow it to wear naturally.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 19:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

WSing it should. Could be wrong, but seemed to go away after a WS on my runs last night.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-12 20:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »
When Charging Up gives him TP drain spikes - how to get rid of those? Dispel/finale doesn't seem to work, and waiting a couple minutes didn't seem to allow it to wear naturally.

Fomalhauts and Annihilators are very effective against Dread Spikes.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-12 20:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not dread spikes, it's TP spikes and the answer to said spikes, is just let it take tp, you don't need to do anything about them.

I've never seen a strong enough to kill you libations
[+]
By olson2189 2020-06-12 20:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not dread spikes, it's TP spikes and the answer to said spikes, is just let it take tp, you don't need to do anything about them.

I've never seen a strong enough to kill you libations

I definitely have seen a wipe from libations. Also, from what I've seen, the TP spikes don't go away after libations, and he proceeds to spam charging ups/boilings because of the large amount of TP feed.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 20:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have sworn you just need to WS as soon as you see it. I may have been seeing things last night I guess.
By Crossbones 2020-06-12 20:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We just WS it once to prevent the 30y OHKO move that it can do. For castigation we stun it with a RDM/DRK. Got runs down to less than 5m using PLD MNK RDM GEO COR BRD. RDM wasn't even using react, if you have it this fight is a total joke. Keep dispels up as BRD for when it uses bulwark or steals buffs from PT members. Mostly ripped off Belkin's strat with minor adjustments and it works great.

Did HM dirge mad min with haste 2 from RDM, frailty from geo and didn't seem to matter what indi spell was used, although fade seemed to lower some of his AoE attacks down a bit. RDM also does impact and other nice debuffs until its time to get rdy for a stun. Even faster runs than last month if you can believe that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-06-12 21:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dullahan VD 4~5min clear - RUN SAM DRK GEO BRD White

RUN Rune Enchantment - LUX x3 for Gambit on Mega Boss, then Tenebrae x2 Lux x1, Tenebrae x3 after Mega Boss dies.

BRD Song: March March Madrigal Minuet (Mati Mati Mado Menu)

Geomancy: Indi-Fury Geo-Frailty entrust Indi-STR (entrust can also be indi-wilt or indi-fade)

RUN pulled the Mega Boss and Charger to start area, maintained hate on both monsters, SAM and DRK engage on the Charger to store TP and WS using <stnpc> on the Mega Boss.

Skillchain (Masa+Liberator) = Tachi: Shoha > Insurgency (Light) > Tachi: Fudo (Light [lvl.4])

Once Mega Boss is dead, charger will have around 20~40% HP due to Empy Aftermath.

General Feedback:
Any DD setup pretty much works using the charger to store tp and WS on the Mega Boss. Our other runs included COR+DRK doing Savage Blade > Insurgency > light which also proved successful. Allies roll pushes Insurgencies skillchain dmg by about 15~30k+ with 80k+ 2-step light on many occasions. Hate management is unforgiving for the tank, full focus required, and defensive reflexes from the DD at all times incase the tank loses hate. Also WHM Barthunder (236 skill) seemed to reduce stun effects.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-15 01:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Pantafernando said: »
geigei said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Won VD:
Roughly 9-10min Wins (buffing time included).
Used 1hrs.
Is this a joke?

Yes, its kinda bad. First try i did even completely messing everything somehow i manage after the burn. I will polish my burn but trying to do smnx2 geo run, ifrit on dula, ramuh on horse, shocksquall then both starts conduiting at same time.

Even outside of burn, its nothing actually hard to beat with just normal BP. Just takes long, but the chances to go south are very slim.

I've did both DD and Smn method yesterday. It had roughly the same clear time of 10 mins for each, which was about what I was seeing last month too. So I don't really see the issue with the clears taking 10 mins. Unless I'm missing something?

There is zero problems. But if youre mass farming, it would be desirable to do as fast as you can and potentially SMN burning can get pretty low fighting time.

Its also clear with repetition times naturally decrease with less error and imprevement here and there.
Just to fill you in should be close to 3-5 minutes with that set up
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-15 06:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some simple VD runs the other night, basically used Rua's setup with some minor changes. We actually did not use Dirge and instead used Carby's Pacifying Ruby. Ninja is very good this month with ranged setup-

NIN RNG COR BRD (RDM or GEO) (whatever, another RNG, I did SMN for the additional buffs)

You don't need much healing so a WHM is overkill. BRD and RDM/GEO covered healing. Kill unicorn, ninja keeps Migawari up, kill dullahan. Very important to Elegy/Slow/Paralyze mobs ASAP so ninja can keep shadows up, Silence on dullahan as well. They aren't resistant to enfeebles though.
By flyingsquirrel 2020-06-16 03:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw a tp-drainkiss strategy that I thought was cool so I felt obliged to share.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-16 03:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty interesting use of BST mechanics and I'm here for it. But I have no idea how people can play with their chat logs taking up half of the screen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-16 03:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean ffxi is a chat room. You can play without ever seeing your character or the enemy.

His screen looks exactly like mine, 16 lines
By Draylo 2020-06-16 04:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always wonder the same, people who record vids for FFXI look like they are playing on a gameboy.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2020-06-16 07:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

flyingsquirrel said: »

Saw a tp-drainkiss strategy that I thought was cool so I felt obliged to share.

Thank you for this video.

It looks like they do two things:

1) The bst forces the megaboss into the mode where he gives all players the massive regain aura. After that mode starts they stop TPing - and they get the exact distance where they are too far to melee but they can still ws.
2) The three DDs form a double light skillchain which pretty much goes non-stop with the massive regain aura while not putting any TP on the megaboss other than their weaponskills. And the BST uses TP drainkiss to keep the boss from TPing until dead.
 Bahamut.Khimeria
user: khimeria
By Bahamut.Khimeria 2020-06-16 09:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I’m missing something really obvious but I’ve noticed doing a couple of VD runs today on monk as the sole DD that following the standard method (going on unicorn and doing skillchains on the dullahan) that is be fine with accuracy/damage for the first 50% of the dullahan or so. But from approx 50% my accuracy would drop into the toilet at random. Does the unicorn gain evasion from some source?

Apologies if it’s a stupid question that’s answered elsewhere but I didn’t see it!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-16 09:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if the Unicorn raises his acc, I think he has pretty high Acc for all of the run. More likely some acc buff you had was dropped (precision? torpor?)

Yesterday I was at 1505 Acc and my hit rate was ~28%, to give you an idea.
So yeah, he's pretty evasive...
Without soul voice and without Boost-Dex, Marcato Honor March and Madrigal2 weren't enough at all for my poor ddBRD.

To add further info on its defenses: with Dia2, SV HM, SV Minu5, SV Minu4, Frailty (Idris) and Chaos Roll, I was past the att cap on BRD.
With similar buffs but without SV, I was somewhere close to the cap, but below it.
Oh I forgot we had entrusted Fury too.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 11:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he has some obscure mechanism where he gets completely evasive.

Sometimes i have my Volt Strike missing entirely the 3 hits. Its way more common than expected for a mob of such lv as i always do ambuscade VD without any pet acc buff or even food, never needed.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-16 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about it being "obscure", what I'm saying is that in the runs we had yesterday he was pretty *** evasive 100% of the time in all of the runs :-P
By flyingsquirrel 2020-06-16 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Here’s a super fast run. At the end he shows a geomancer stun set which I’m guessing is important for what they were doing? Not sure I just quickly watched the video on my way to work this morning.

If you need anything translated from it let me know.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 12:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

MNKx2 beating dula, RDM soloing unicorn, GEO RUN WHM. I supose 2 MNKs to reduce TP generation and GEO stunning all TP moves he manage to fire.