New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Dullahan Ambuscade V1
Dullahan Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Pantafernando 2020-07-07 15:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The RUN did a good work keeping the hate.

What he did? Ive been using Sentinel > Vallation > One for All > Liement on all party member then i start voltstriking. He normally turns if a second stun dont stick. My not so well geared mule also resort to Elemental Sforzo but still mob will turn at some point.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-07 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

On RUN I normally do One for all, Vallation and then SP, then just spam Flash/Foil/blu spells. Don't normally have a hard time with hate. I will use Liement if the fight it taking to long. Empy Body helps a bit
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-07 16:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Embolden Crusade also helps, that's a free 21 enmity assuming master.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-07 16:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a good one i never thought before. I was more used to embolden protect
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [793 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-08 06:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpbuscade

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 07:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk lowman strat returns. Chi Blast main boss. TP on horse, WS down the dullahan. Can use standard Kendatsuba/Subtle Blow, boss should never get TP until around 30%, or maybe not at all.
By Serjero 2022-09-12 02:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP SMN burn method.

Guess it's MNK burn or bust. Maybe RNG for the masochists out there.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-09-12 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can stun Nether Castigation using usual methods of stunning things these days, no need to tp starve really.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-09-12 04:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm dont remember that one , new?
Horse Alive while him beeing low HP seems to be bad XD
This is on D
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-09-12 04:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That just looks like battle mod not being updated with the new moves, happens quite a bit on fresh updates, or they haven't updated the move set of the mobs again. Both are common, it's most likely Nether Castigation going off.
[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-09-12 04:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
That just looks like battle mod not being updated with the new moves, happens quite a bit on fresh updates, or they haven't updated the move set of the mobs again. Both are common, it's most likely Nether Castigation going off.

seems about right, he boiled over just before that looking at the logs
By kinkanat 2022-09-12 05:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight we will try Nin and ranged strategy but one question, sch + blm strategy for magic burst wouldn't it be a good idea?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 07:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sepulcher + Chi Blast is basically cheating on this ambu.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-09-12 10:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Monk lowman strat returns. Chi Blast main boss. TP on horse, WS down the dullahan. Can use standard Kendatsuba/Subtle Blow, boss should never get TP until around 30%, or maybe not at all.

What difficulty was this on? I’m assuming it’s only become easier since this last time this version ran.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

VD. They made the horse easier to force Grace of Hera. The other change to Blood Weapon doesn't affect MNK strat.

It's certainly gotten easier now with power creep or whatever, but mechanic should be exactly the same.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-09-12 18:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The solo strategy I showed back in 2020 still looks to work well and is still the only strategy I can come up with. Pretty slow wins this month for soloers but normal wins are there if you want them. Updated video showing an example of todays runs below.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Kinzu
Server: Bahamut
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2022-09-12 19:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried something a little different... that people may think is silly (not using the Pony for TP), but it worked on VD. Total time to include buffs/fight was 9 mins.

WHM PLD COR MNK GEO BRD (could remove the WHM for RDM or anything else tbh).

We killed the Pony (don't WS when it TP moves) and didn't use it for TP. Rationale: Just wanted to try the MB fight with me fully on the mob like you would do Erinys MNK but w/o the SMN mewing.

I Chi Blasted the MB. In addition, I wore fully capped SB set and spammed TK > SS > SS > VS for Radiance with God Hands. Melee'd the Dullhan from behind to not get shield blocked etc. Have your tank actually try to hold hate and it was smooth sailing.

Subtle Blow Notes:

Just to ensure even WS wise I was at 75 SB even when I WS'd I had our COR do SAM & MNK roll. Could scrap the MNK roll if I adjusted my WS set to stay at 75 SB cap.

Note a WHM with Empy feet upgraded etc. does make the SB on Auspice better (17 with the +2), but we used a basic alt WHM who didn't have a potent Auspice.

I'm going to try some other variations/set ups and will post results.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-12 19:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not different at all

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
VD Strategy: 2020-06-10 17:22:13

PLD, MNK, WHM, GEO, COR, BRD

the point here is subtle blow and low TP feed.

Sub 6 minute VD runs. The only chance of death was if you WS'd into Boiling Over. He is otherwise fairly non-threatening.
 Bahamut.Kinzu
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2022-09-12 19:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, I just felt like building TP on the Pony and swapping between the two wasn't worth it and just downed it right away. I know others have posted they eventually killed it with white damage, but long as you WS it when it doesn't do a TP move the Pony goes down quick.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 19:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kinzu said: »
I just felt like building TP on the Pony and swapping between the two wasn't worth it and just downed it right away

Positioning and <stnpc>

Tank pulls both to a corner, fight with both monsters in front of you:

dullahan --tank
---horse
-----you

TP on horse, click WS macro, target Dullahan, fire, repeat until dead. Really there is no swapping at all, it's the same amount of time between both strats (if you don't believe me, go back a few pages and see I posted 9 minute clears years ago while carrying 2). The time it takes for you to turn and wait for him to release his boil over, you get back by not feeding extra TP to him, so target swapping with <stnpc> is not really significantly slowing you down. If you want to be unique, bring a BST to use TP Drainkiss on command and have the MNK fulltime TP it down (although I believe that's been shown before). BST works great there.

Also, I recall pulling hate very easily when I was fully TPing on the Dullahan, so you might need Dirge if going that way. So something to keep in mind, especially if Impetus is up.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-12 20:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
<stnpc>
<lastst> is also a thing. Manually WS the Dullahan once, then you can hit your WS macro while on the horse and it'll target the Dullahan automatically.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-12 20:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Never knew this was a thing. 2022 mind=blown
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-09-14 05:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case people aren't aware of this easy strategy for this month.

PLD COR BRD GEO WHM BLU

PLD pulls both to corner and engages the pony but keeps hate on the Dullahan with JA/WS/Magic.

Everyone else TP's on pony and WS's from the menu on the Dullahan.

BLU can Reaving Wind/Feather Tickle well if BRD lands wind Threnody.

We did this with 3 people playing 6 characters. 4-6min fight from entry, and not really any danger of the Dullahan using his big moves.

You could easily swap jobs around probably. Accuracy requirement is high so Madrigal helps.

Use Sepulcher, Holy Circle, Banish III. Don't stand directly in front of the Dullahan to avoid WS's getting gimped from his shield blocks.

Dont stand infront of the pony to avoid Conal TP moves.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-14 08:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Nothing new. Just in video form. Can probably comfortably leech 2 people honestly. PLD can handle all the healing and two runs prior to this I just forgot to do anything at all on the GEO -- still died in under 7 minutes.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-09-14 18:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the off topic question, but @Belkin what do you use to remove the flashy FX from weapon skills? thanks in advance!
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-14 22:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Sorry for the off topic question, but @Belkin what do you use to remove the flashy FX from weapon skills? thanks in advance!

Config > Effects
And then in this menu its a bit counterintuitive. The very first option "All effects during battle" needs to be listed as "OFF" and then every other one needs to be listed as "ON".

A year or two ago I tinkered with it and found this was the combination that made flashy FX go byebye for good. If you flip "All effects during battle" back to "ON" then they all come back. It's silly.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-09-14 23:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Shiva.Liam said: »

Config > Effects
And then in this menu its a bit counterintuitive. The very first option "All effects during battle" needs to be listed as "OFF" and then every other one needs to be listed as "ON".

A year or two ago I tinkered with it and found this was the combination that made flashy FX go byebye for good. If you flip "All effects during battle" back to "ON" then they all come back. It's silly.

Oh nice, thanks! aaand back to ambu chat :D