First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-16 12:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Maybe he has some obscure mechanism where he gets completely evasive.

Sometimes i have my Volt Strike missing entirely the 3 hits. Its way more common than expected for a mob of such lv as i always do ambuscade VD without any pet acc buff or even food, never needed.

I only did this a couple times, but I noticed my accuracy on the unicorn go from like 95% to 30% all of a sudden and didn’t know why. I don’t think he has high evasion all of the time; just not sure what triggers it.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-16 12:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s a good one
By Pantafernando 2020-06-16 21:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a (possibly) hint for burners, i think sulpor > rayke during conduit should help to stick a second stun right after the first one goes, giving more time to burn before Dula turns.

I supose when youre spamming voltstrikes he mob quickly build stun resistance as you never actually see some mob completely stun locked during conduits.
 Bahamut.Xeones
Server: Bahamut
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-17 21:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So quick question on smn burn

My group is 4 manning with run smn smn geo. Geo does not have idris

We do just fine, as its a pretty simple strat, but one thing we struggle with is occasionally the 2 smns seem to hit a resist wall.

Example, most flaming crush are hitting for between 65k and 99k, and things go well, but on these specific runs we see 20k, 25k, 30k's

No the dullahan is not facing us, this happens from the very start of the fight.

The only thing we can see is that the dullahan does a move called Infernal Bullwark.

Is there anything to be done here? Yes our run is tping a bit, but we've even tried him not being engaged except to put up reyke and gambit and we still see Infernal bullwark 1 in every 6 or 7 runs.

From what i've ready about bullwark, its a phys and mag resistance, so we're assuming this is whats killing our flaming crush. Since we dont have a bard, are we screwed? Should we switch up our geo spells? We're doing frailty and entrusting malaise on the tank while geo does indi refresh or when we started he did indi fend if i recall.

Just looking to be more consistent, as its very frustrating to exit and reset 2hour. Or just time consuming to finish the run with that set up.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-17 21:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you not conduit burning it? If you're using conduit then the RUN shouldn't melee at all. Kind of pointless. Zero reason to give it the tp it needs to use bulwark.

Quote:
Grants the enemy Haste, Stoneskin, Attack Boost, Defense Boost, Magic Attack Bonus, and Magic Defense Bonus.

Also totally pointless is indi-refresh.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-17 21:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We are conduit burning, and the RUN says he needs to engage to parry and put up reyke and gambit. I'm completely clueless on RUN, so just sort of going off what he says, granted, he's also very new to the job as well.

The refresh is more for after so we can get the horse down and get out.

He's also used bullwark with almost zero tp, but maybe some is enough? its literally our only issue
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-17 21:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

also, he says he doesnt need to be engaged to put runes up, but he does to apply reyke and gambit, so maybe in that time he's tping too much and that's why we're getting bullwark?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-17 21:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't need to parry at all, mobs dead in literally 10 seconds...

Can engage the pony and face the dullahan if he's that worried about it. Convert should more than cover mp or a siphon.

Have RUN sub drk and stun bulwark might work
By malakef 2020-06-17 21:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have the geo try stunning that move as well as nether but that one might be an instant JA can’t recall. It’s magic defense bonus and not resist so yeah got to dispel it.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-17 21:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The def and mag def up are pretty significant, so you need to spam some kind of light-based dispel. The move actually gives six simultaneous buffs (att, magic attack, stoneskin, haste, def, mag def), and dispel doesn't always remove them in the same order.

Doubt Lunar Roar would work. Maybe Atomos?

If all else fails, a RUN/BLU w/ a good macc set might be able to land Blank Gaze.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-17 22:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been doing with Ramuh voltstrikes.

The individual BPdmg isnt as high as flaming crush but its good enough. Provided though ive been using idris and at least one nirvana SMN but i think its normal flaming crush oscilating. Its a hybrid BP, it depend not just on eva check but also magic eva checks, If any of those fail, the dmg will go quickly down.

At least with voltstrike its just eva check, and the stun effect is also good.

EDIT: BTW i started with Flaming Crush first but the turning was such a bother, and unlikely to not happen when pets deal capped dmg. Changed to Voltstrike after that, and have more control this way.
By flyingsquirrel 2020-06-17 22:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

RDM solo
[+]
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-18 05:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope,

yet another infernal bullwark screwed our run

run geo smn smn

BP's are between 65k and 99k, he does bullwark MID fight and they drop to 10k

Kills the burn immediately, we even had our RUN engage the pony so he fed ZERO TP to the dullahan. This is every other run, he either uses it early, or randomly through out the fight.

We do NOT have a light based dispel, and since we're trying not to engage the pony, the RUN cant sub drk to stun, and it goes off immediately any way.

Everyone i talk to says they never have this issue... so what are we doing wrong?

Geo malaise, entrust geo accumen

both smns are nSMN with near BiS for flaming crush

Is there any way to get past this? its probably killing 1 out of 3/4 of our runs at this point and we're at a loss.

flaming crush pre bullwark 70-90k, post is 10-12k.
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-18 05:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any merit in us stacking macc? maybe bullwark is just making us hit flat resists. I dont see a way to stop him from using it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-18 05:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Record it. Frail/Malaise dia2. Boss can gain no tp and is fed no tp. Video will show where you're making mistakes.

Now that I think about it... are you taking like a full minute to put up bubbles and G/R while the dullahan builds tp. Be faster.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-06-18 05:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're using the wrong bubbles, acumen does nothing for avatars (buff bubbles like fury and acumen do nothing for avatars in general). You want to use bolstered frailty and malaise. If you're still getting resisted with rayke, I'd suggest entrusting languor.
By Draylo 2020-06-18 05:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

flyingsquirrel said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

RDM solo

As expected, lol
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-18 05:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry,

yes we are doing geo frailty and geo malaise, i typed that wrong.

Yes, i'd say it's taking us about 1min til we start, our RUN is newer to RUN and it sounds like he's taking too much time to establish hate, when hate doesnt really matter.

We did start off with doing this fight where the dullahan would turn at like 80%, smoke one of the ifrits, and then the second ifrit didnt have enough cause he was facing it.

What's the amount of time you're taking from buffs done to popping AC/rayke and going?
 Bahamut.Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2020-06-18 06:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And i wouldnt say we're hitting resists, our ONLY issue its when he bullwarks, our dmg goes from 70K+ to 10k flat...

If we do lang or maybe add more macc into flaming crush set, will that even help? I thought that infernal bullwark was mag def, not mag eva
By Pantafernando 2020-06-18 08:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you suspect that he will turn, and suspect thats the bullwarks the reason for the drop in dmg, youre already accepting that everytime mob decides to use the move, you gonna fail. There is not a matter of buff debuff but a situation youre accepting you gonna fail some amount of times because you arent fixing the main problem, thats you are just letting the mob do what he want.

I already sugested giving up ifrit and resorting to volt strike. But if youre still insisting on flaming crush, i sugest the following counter measures:

1. Have ifrit + ramuh. When ifrit is about to start, ask the ramuh to toss shocksquall. In the middle of zerg, when mob starts moving, quickly use voltstrike.

2. Have ifrit + cait sith, use apogee and try using mewing lullaby during the zerg. Should give you a bit more time to burn.

3. Ask the geo to sub BLM, use elemental seal, and ask him to watch dula move, and stun it before its used.

4. Use indi paralyze, ice spike or shock spike... this solution is terrible but maybe it can proc and give you more time.

Regarding the RUN, here is what i do on my burns: make sure you have proper enmity set, crusade up (thats a no brainer, but you said your run is newish, most freshly burned runs don know the importance of enmity tools), ive been using /PLD so upon aggro, i use sentinel so i can grab horse and dula. Sentinel will give me extra enmity. Then i rush close to the party. Mobs have too few AoE attacks at start, so its safe keeping everyone close so you dont need to waste time with pet assault. Also, during my burns, i just change target and manage to kill both mobs during my conduit, or leaving horse at his death bed. Well, you got run with sentinel close to the party, do Valiance, one for all, liement (i have epol so liement is AoE too). Just this will give massive hate, get in your fight position and use the remaining self ability enmity tools like vallation, swordplay, etc. you can keep elemental sforzo when you feel mob is about to turn for the last card on keeping it on you.

> profit
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-18 18:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xeones said: »
Kills the burn immediately, we even had our RUN engage the pony so he fed ZERO TP to the dullahan. This is every other run, he either uses it early, or randomly through out the fight.

Did a ***-ton of runs w/ subtle blow strat, and I can say that his JA usage is 100% not random.

Either it's casting absorb-TP, or your avatars are feeding it TP very quickly. Regardless, you should get the GEO to silence it on the pull to remove one potential variable.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-18 20:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Bahamut.Xeones said: »

Did a ***-ton of runs w/ subtle blow strat, and I can say that his JA usage is 100% not random.

Either it's casting absorb-TP, or your avatars are feeding it TP very quickly. Regardless, you should get the GEO to silence it on the pull to remove one potential variable.

Silence the boss. Asborb-tp will get you easily.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-06-27 10:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone doing this with the TP on the Bozzetto Charger -> subtarget WS the Retributionist method, do you happen to know what's the most important thing to keeping the tank alive on VD? Have seen a lot of PLDs and RUNs just get one shot by the Scintillant Lance and others survive just fine. Just wondering what the biggest thing needed is for tank survival. Just guessing it seems like MDB to me since RUNs seem to survive much more often and get a lot of MDB from gifts. Thanks to anyone that can offer some insight.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-06-27 10:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
For anyone doing this with the TP on the Bozzetto Charger -> subtarget WS the Retributionist method, do you happen to know what's the most important thing to keeping the tank alive on VD? Have seen a lot of PLDs and RUNs just get one shot by the Scintillant Lance and others survive just fine. Just wondering what the biggest thing needed is for tank survival. Just guessing it seems like MDB to me since RUNs seem to survive much more often and get a lot of MDB from gifts. Thanks to anyone that can offer some insight.

May, in part, be timing. It absorbs damage while readying TP moves to boost the strength of Scintillant Lance. Otherwise, yeah, it's magic damage so RUN may be set up better.

While I haven't done it with that strategy, being sure to load the Charger up with debuffs to force Grace of Hera instead seems to be the safer way to go.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-27 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Isi nailed it- either your DDs need to be VERY careful while TP'ing on the Charger to not feed too much during the Charger's TP moves (what powers up the Scintillant Lance), or keep a constant 4+ enfeebles on him so he chooses "Grace of Hera" as his TP move. Each use of that move also erases all enfeebs on him, so this is a constant job, not a one-time thing.

I also cannot suggest enough to consider using Monk's Roll from your Corsair if not using DD's with naturally high Subtle Blow. If you have a strong BRD and well-geared DDs, they'll have enough attack to deal respectable damage without Chaos Roll, and going Monks/Sam rolls just gives your DDs some wiggle room for a mistake in not turning away. Necessary? Nah. Helpful with a pickup group struggling? Damn straight- you can eliminate a few TP moves and increase the time you can safely DPS.
By Weeew 2020-06-27 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it on RUN/DRK over 40 times this month with TP on charger strat and the few times I got 1-shot by Lance was when I was in a casting set or WS set. With tenebrae runes and valliance in a capped MDT set you should never die even when 2 empyrean AM3 DD's are dishing out tons of white damage that is getting absorbed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-27 13:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure your tank strategy. But I do it with RUN and I do not engage. Works like a charm.

edit: reread. that won't help with the unicorn TP moves. Only the boss.
By HyperKTM 2020-06-27 14:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Run rdm geo cor brd mnk standard dd songs allies roll sam roll entrust precision indi fury geo torpor once horse dies switch to geo frailty with monk it will only charge up once whole fight shijin>vs>vs skillchains will do 99,999 save impetus and chi blast for dullahan cleared about 25 runs with this setup takes about 6-7 mins total that's including the 1-2mins for buffing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 15:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me nine minutes to solo DD this fight on monk with just Bard SV 5 songs, carrying two. Buff time included. Tank Monk Bard cupcake White Mage, rest don't matter. Rolls/Geomancy was not necessary, which was pretty interesting. Open with Chi Blast, 3k TP AM3, then Shijin > Smite X2 the Dullahan while TPing on horse. Horse dies in a few minutes from white damage, and chi blast is ready to use again by the time you start on Dullahan. Dullahan may only get one or two charging ups the entire fight. Use Bard or white made for silence and frequently finale main, healing is a minimum, could do it with 3 if you prebuffed SCH Regen. It's possible Godhands is a better weapon for this with radiance. Truly a painless fight the less DPS you have on the Dullahan, and I would just recommend a top Monk do it for the most ease. Took just about as much time as a summoner method if you take away the buff timing

Could bring a BST to use Fatso Leech and spam TPdrainkiss and this fight would be a joke.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-07 15:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this ends tonight but you can kill VD with just a run geo and smn theres other people in the party in this video but they were just leeching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srXxrBlcfnw&t=235s