Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-12 14:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Other people are claiming that past +5, they only unlock 2 levels above on clearing an NM. I initially cleared all the NMs on 0 for atonement 1 and 2 doing 3 at a time. I always got another 5 levels unlocked on subsequent kills even when solo. I have no idea if this is related. For atonement 2, I had already cleared all atonement 1 mobs at at least +5 above the current level I was doing as well and this may be the reason.

Unrelated: someone messed up the rp rules on bg wiki and used the previous rank to determine earned rp on a win instead of next rank. You get 192 rp for a +10 win, 164 for a +9 win.

I believe its fixed, please verify.
By Guyford 2021-02-12 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its fixed thank you.
By Guyford 2021-02-12 19:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

EA + Scherzo did not stop timbeeeeer from wiping the alliance on Mboze, RUN took 3k, rest of pt took 5k+.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-12 23:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the NMs start popping fetters once they gain their aura from using the usual move that brings up the aura for their species (Crashing Thunder for Ongo, Uproot for Mboze, etc), which also unlocks their strongest TP move (Static Prison for Ongo, Glacial Tomb for Arebati, etc). It seems to start popping only 1 or 2 fetters with each TP move, but if the aura stays up too long (or it might be based on remaining HP) it starts popping more per move; I saw up to 5 or 6. They despawn after like 5-8 seconds.

It doesn't seem that anything specific prevents them from putting up their aura, but you can kill them fast enough for them to never do it. The move that does it seems to only unlock at about 75%.

We managed to get a red proc on Ongo using a Magic Bursted Stone V (which didn't do anything visible) and then something unknown caused a blue proc right after, which got rid of the aura. The second time it brought the aura up, we were only able to get the red proc, so the aura stayed up.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-13 01:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was seeing some posts earlier on the thread about people getting 4-6k segments per run when farming them. A buddy and I tried to do G-C and only got about 1k/run.

What are people doing to get so many segments?
By Creecreelo 2021-02-13 01:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On one of our Arebati runs, our Blu proc'd Red on it I believe by casting Searing Tempest (can't remember if it MB'd or not, was a couple days ago). I coincidentally made a Light SC soon after the red proc that caused a Blue proc, which eliminated Arebati's aura and such.

It seems Red procs are tied to magic and Blue procs maybe to skillchains?
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-13 01:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I was seeing some posts earlier on the thread about people getting 4-6k segments per run when farming them. A buddy and I tried to do G-C and only got about 1k/run.

What are people doing to get so many segments?
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Kilogram said: »
Whats the best way to farm segments? How many should I be expecting to get? I just did a run and got around 1200. could have got more but we went for the final crystal. Is it even worth it to bother with that?

A perfect run with a good party can net you about 6k segments per run with about 1M gil when you reach the endpoint.

I don't know if both can be done. I have a group that can hit 5500+ occasionally, but it involves a lot and many people being on the same page. It's a lot of luck with monster/halo/NM positioning, and running to the end takes a good 2 minutes from Floor 2, idk how possible it is to be able to hit 6k segments + claim the gil reward at the end. You could maybe do one or the other, or maybe you hit 6k if you prioritize clearing floor 4 during the run. I would have to map that out.

What exactly are you farming? I quadboxed on DP cor, had a brd friend, and used ArkEV TO Tank stuff. We killed a full fetter, first floor of mobs, and popped an NM with izzat, and a chest with izzat. Ended up only netting 2.8k segments and only got 90 lustreless wings.

Everything. Clear NOstos (minus problem groups), pop 1x NM per floor using UNM mats, clear 1 agon + beastmen, use Izzat on chest/coffer/aurums. Usually nets 5k range on normal runs, bad runs around 4400+, great runs 5500 but super rare.

Here is a segment breakdown for floors 1-3 that might help you decide what to spend your 30 minutes on:
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-13 01:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what job layout is the most effective for farming segments?

Like which 6 jobs par together really well?

I was guessing the average group would be:
Tank, Healer, Brd, Cor (DD), DD, DD.

Is there something else people are doing?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-13 03:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo the best setup would be 2x apoc DRK and healer brd cor war or drk. That's because apoc DRK can get buffs and just run on their own to next floors to kill trash, while main group focus on killing halos.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-13 05:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Imo the best setup would be 2x apoc DRK and healer brd cor war or drk. That's because apoc DRK can get buffs and just run on their own to next floors to kill trash, while main group focus on killing halos.

My best runs include PLD/BLU, THF/WAR, SAM/WAR, COR/NIN, BRD/WHM, WHM/SCH for about 5-6k segments and 900k gil. The SAM swaps from Masamune's slashing damage to Shining One's piercing depending on the trash/halo families we are fighting. As the COR, I swap between all 3 EMA guns and different Sword/Daggers depending on what I am fighting as well. I take care of the trash while the SAM and THF take care of the beastmen mobs. If its just family trash, we stick together and finish them off quickly.

Weapon type resistance is really weird in Odyssey... Things that don't normally have slashing/piercing/blunt/magic resistances, have them. Well, that's my experience with the event anyway. R15 Masa sam doing consistent 10k on some trash is perplexing but it happens. I don't know how well you'd fair taking DRKs that Catastrophe all the things. I've taken MNK and DRK as the main DPS and it is slow AF.
By eeternal 2021-02-13 06:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think best setup is normal setup with BLU using Cruel Joke and COR Random Deal/Wildcard. And if you want to DPS r15 tizona is a beast or switch to Max/Thib for BH for blunt
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-13 07:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I don't know if it's been mentioned but in Gaol I made an observation during a run that went sideways last night:

The longer the T3 bosses are up, the exponentially higher the number of Fetters they spawn increases. By the 5 minute mark I counted no less than 10 fetters spawning on me while holding Kalunga.

My framerate absolutely tanked at that point and couldn't react at all...
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-13 07:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
On one of our Arebati runs, our Blu proc'd Red on it I believe by casting Searing Tempest (can't remember if it MB'd or not, was a couple days ago). I coincidentally made a Light SC soon after the red proc that caused a Blue proc, which eliminated Arebati's aura and such.

It seems Red procs are tied to magic and Blue procs maybe to skillchains?

I got Red and Blue proc's in one of my solo attempts by just spamming eviseration, so don't think so.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-13 07:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
I think best setup is normal setup with BLU using Cruel Joke and COR Random Deal/Wildcard. And if you want to DPS r15 tizona is a beast or switch to Max/Thib for BH for blunt
You can do this in A and B, but Cruel Joke does not work in C. With A and B mobs giving less segments per kill, this strat may not be worth the time.
By eeternal 2021-02-13 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you sure it does not work on C? even with good macc? only tried it on A and B
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-13 09:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

You will run into a wall since every monster has a weapon resistance, and Apoc would not work on undead, which is a lot of types you would resist along the way. You're probably better off sticking with the group. A tank is somewhat necessary to handle halos in C. One bad link and they can completely wreck and overwhelm a non tank. That's even the case on some floors of B.

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Weapon type resistance is really weird in Odyssey..

Every monster has a unique weapon resistance of 50% in Sheol C. For instance, sheep seem to resist slashing, while leeches resist blunt. This is why bringing multiple weapon types is the most effective route.

Cruel joke is a strategy if you can group together close monsters and they don't resist. Floor 2 of C would be the best place to do this. But unbridled learning is on a five minute timer and it takes one full minute for doom to go off. Also you can't move after using it. Maybe you use it on floor 3 as a last ditch strategy to save time at the end while you spend any last izzat or group goes and kills last Halo. but I wouldn't center a strategy around it. Just a cool trick to use in the midst of the fight
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-02-13 11:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
So, I don't know if it's been mentioned but in Gaol I made an observation during a run that went sideways last night:

The longer the T3 bosses are up, the exponentially higher the number of Fetters they spawn increases. By the 5 minute mark I counted no less than 10 fetters spawning on me while holding Kalunga.

My framerate absolutely tanked at that point and couldn't react at all...

Further up on this same page, Geriond noticed and described something similar, though he speculates that fetter quantity is a function of length of time that the aura remains up rather than length of time since the boss is pulled.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-02-13 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had success with MB setup on any of the attonement 3's? I can confirm that MB setup is definitely not viable on the Tojil boss. With Rayke/Gambit/BiS MB set/wizards/warlocks/Idris Acumen+Malaise+Focus/Rainstorm2, Tier 6 Water bursts were doing around 16K...

Perhaps a frazzle 3 would've gotten me to the tipping point of not getting partial resists, but out of the attonement 3's I've done, they all seem extremely magic resistant. RDM couldn't land a single enfeeble without Stymie.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-13 16:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For people trying these solo for the challenge (e.g., Phoenix.Logical), I did another quick solo try since I already have the gear I cared about, and I think Ngai can definitely be soloed on monk quickly.

But I made several mistakes on top of the lag that made the last 10% go badly, and learned a few things I'd change:
https://imgur.com/a/KpktTqM

3 min into this 15min fight are things are still ok, but I should have un-summoned COR trust (it just removed its own atk roll to do refresh >< and I should have un-summoned King after he cast dia3 and haste2 on me, because both were just feeding tp unnecessarily after that, and messing up skillchains.
The trust tank also lost hate after a few 20k ws and I was tanking the rest of the fight. You can also re-summon other trusts so it would have freed up spots for maybe ulmia and koru

here i was still doing light skillchains and red procs, but aura wasn't going away and fetters were appearing and disappearing. I was in DT at this point which also slowed my light skillchain rate, plus LAG was bad.

several fetters were popping at once and waterga5 was powered up enough by aura that it killed all trusts at once. Everything happening quickly and with at least a 2s delay. I also made the mistake of not putting Reraise up. I also should have used my 2hr moves right at this last 10% since it gives me over 6k HP.

I died with the NM at 6% with more than 9 minutes left out of the 15 minutes in this fight, so I think even just using inner strength and hundred fists at the end and un-summoning some trusts even without re-summoning others would have made this a fast and easy 5min fight.

Of course it would be even easier with 1 or 2 more players, silence from a RDM would have been nice and maybe en-thunder in case it helps with procs. But at least at vengeance 0 they are not bad even solo, just the cost of 3k segments right now is the real pain
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-13 16:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Timbeeeer from Mboze ignores Yaegesumi...
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2021-02-13 17:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
you sure it does not work on C? even with good macc? only tried it on A and B

Yes, it says "No effect" rather than resisting.
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-02-13 17:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing info in here.

Arebati (vengence+0) can be duo with PUP + GEO - Overdrive + Bolster

Xevioso (vengence+0) trio with PUP + COR + GEO - BST/Drachen rolls on PUP + SAM/Chaos on COR (LastStand and /ra only) + Overdrive + Bolster
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-02-13 18:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They use a SP ability at half HP on V5 and V10.

Xevioso: Perfect Dodge
Kalunga: Brazen Rush
Ngai: Mighty Strikes
Ongo: Elemental Sforzo
Arebati: Yaegasumi

They have about 400k HP on V0, 1m on V5 and 1.6m HP on V10.
V5 clear unlocks R15 augments.
[+]
By zixxer 2021-02-13 21:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How can I update equipviewer to show the new gear on display?
By Taint 2021-02-13 21:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Kalunga second attempt. Pretty straight forward should be pretty simple for people to get wins. Added to wiki:

Easy TriBox for clear.

SAM - Fudo Spam
RDM - Haste 2, Phalanx, Dia3, Debuffs, Stymie Silence
BRD - Honor, Min, Min (3 song QQ)

Used Trust: AAEV, Monberaux, Ygnas (I have MM24)

Engage and let AAEV take hate while RDM Stymie Silences. Get Dia on and slow if you can. Fudo spam, once you take hate SP2 and ride that until dead.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 21:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer
updated 3 days ago
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-14 11:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
zixxer said: »
https://github.com/ProjectTako/ffxi-addons/tree/master/equipviewer
updated 3 days ago

To clarify; you are replacing only folder 32 within the icons directory. And the download is only folder 32 at the moment.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-14 12:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody check if Bunzi Head really gives 0 AGI or if it's a typo?

Also a question about the Bonanza weapons, you know those ones that give you Stat+10% additional mod to WS. Does this bonus work even if the weapon is equipped Offhand?
By lhova 2021-02-14 12:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the download the icons.7z? And if so you download, delete your current icons 32 folder and replace it with this? Thank you!
By SimonSes 2021-02-14 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Also a question about the Bonanza weapons, you know those ones that give you Stat+10% additional mod to WS. Does this bonus work even if the weapon is equipped Offhand?

None knows if Flame will follow Icebrand, but Icebrand works offhand.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 237 238 239