The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-11 16:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why are you acting like nothing of value was added for SAM?
[+]
 Odin.Ceinwyn
Server: Odin
user: ceinwyn
By Odin.Ceinwyn 2020-03-11 21:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone clear the ROE for odyssey yet?? i have been in twice and no clear.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

last boss is Halphas/Adamantking models on top floor. gonnapull them now
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty weak
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal box at the end when touching Otherworldy Vortex for each FETTER you kill, for all party members. If u kill all 4 fetters AND EVERYTHING around them it seems you will get 4 boxes.

~edited phrasing
 Odin.Ceinwyn
By Odin.Ceinwyn 2020-03-11 21:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, lol. i must be doing something wrong. i only see normal mobs. how do you go up a floor?
 Odin.Ceinwyn
By Odin.Ceinwyn 2020-03-11 21:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

the two runs ive done, there's been a displacer to trade izat to fight an nm, and a displacer to trade an item to fight an nm.
only 1 fetter, and then like 8 groups of mobs.

i kill everything to the top, and that's it. is there something i need to do differently?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ceinwyn said: »
hmm, lol. i must be doing something wrong. i only see normal mobs. how do you go up a floor?
can sneak/vis through the trash and just find the warps
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Mischief will post about it, he figured it out on his mule. I'll try and post what i know, but it seems like we skip everything and just kill the fetters, mobs around the fetters, and sometimes the UNM near the fetters.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 21:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

and if u get to the final thing upstairs, personal chest for everyone.
By Sidiov 2020-03-11 22:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if someone said it already, but you CAN store a KI. So only need to farm every 2 days!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-11 22:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Clip to the top and nab the box, in and out, 5 minute adventure.
 Odin.Ceinwyn
By Odin.Ceinwyn 2020-03-11 22:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

is there something you have to use to warp up floors? or is the 'top' the trash mobs at the top?
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-11 22:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am confused on how people move up using sneak and invisible, in this run I explored everything, vortexes just said "you can't use this yet", or let me summon an NM but never move somewhere else, even after i killed the fetter, all the guards, the NM, opened one chest, and killed about 90% of all the mobs. If anybody can spot where in this video I should have been able to "move up" it would really help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9GhE5nO3I
thanks
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-11 22:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I am confused on how people move up using sneak and invisible, in this run I explored everything, vortexes just said "you can't use this yet", or let me summon an NM but never move somewhere else, even after i killed the fetter, all the guards, the NM, opened one chest, and killed about 90% of all the mobs. If anybody can spot where in this video I should have been able to "move up" it would really help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9GhE5nO3I
thanks
At the mandies in your run. Just hug left wall and you'll find it. It took me a while to find the first flux as well, but the rest were less "hidden". A video was posted a couple pages ago showing the route.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-11 23:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
At the mandies in your run. Just hug left wall and you'll find it. It took me a while to find the first flux as well, but the rest were less "hidden". A video was posted a couple pages ago showing the route.
o.O oh man I thought that mandies area was just a dead end platform like many others o.O thanks for the reply!
Next run it will be easy to get now that I know it looks like the entrance stone and not like a unity nm spawn point...
Btw the moogle keeps track of NMsand mobs i killed, in 2 solo runs i killed ~160 enemies and 2 named NMs, and i have moogle mastery level II, I imagine those might be useful at some point later..
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 23:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
vortexes just said "you can't use this yet"
Need to click Shimmering lights for access to some portals or not have aggro iirc. I may be wrong though
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-11 23:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if intended or a bug. Went up to the RoE conflux a second time. It rewarded me again with a box + 50k gil.

Also, looks like there is only a vortex #3 and #5. #5 being on the far right of 5(through the large door like WoE). Looks like a high probability of having a fetter guarding the door though, so it may not be worth warping to 5.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-11 23:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So how many scales is it per upgrade? Didn’t see on Bg-wiki and don’t feel like shifting through posts on here.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-11 23:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
It rewarded me again with a box + 50k gil.

did u kill a fetter? Seems like 50k per Fetter and 1 box per fetter (per character). The big Box from RoE seems to be just 1 time thing. The smaller boxes seem to be fetter based?

Killing all 4 fetters netted us about ~70 scales per run per person after touching otherworldy vortex.

Edit: With RoE quest being completed in a run, was more like 110-130.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-11 23:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
So how many scales is it per upgrade? Didn’t see on Bg-wiki and don’t feel like shifting through posts on here.
Should be just under 12 stacks to max. Based on scales only being worth 5rp instead of 10 :/
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-12 01:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
You need to recognize there is a debuff, tab to the player, cast the appropriate spell.

If only there were something that let you know in advance so you could already be tabbed to the player with the macro ready.

I don't know, something like:

Mob readies TP Move.

Yes, let me just not heal my party because a mob readied something that completes in .3 seconds so i can tab over and get something ready instantly.

The game does not work like this in most situations.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-03-12 01:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Should be just under 12 stacks to max. Based on scales only being worth 5rp instead of 10 :/

Its actually just over 12 stacks. Finished r15ing sailfi belt and it was exactly 1190 scales, so 12 stacks + 2 scales.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-12 01:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crowned said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

Its actually just over 12 stacks. Finished r15ing sailfi belt and it was exactly 1190 scales, so 12 stacks + 2 scales.
Ok yup, makes sense 5,950/5 = 12 stacks and 2 singles. I had just did a quick estimate based on when 10rp per item was right under 6 stacks needed but with 5rp/each per you're losing an extra 5rp per stack.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-12 01:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

For realsies? SE let content like that out after the mass-ban clipping/duping-alex adventures get onto the live server? Thought they learned their lesson since the AMAN trove boxes can't be scouted via Hex IDs.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-12 02:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

For realsies? SE let content like that out after the mass-ban clipping/duping-alex adventures get onto the live server? Thought they learned their lesson since the AMAN trove boxes can't be scouted via Hex IDs.
The box he means is the one from completing the RoE once. You can walk to it in 6-7 mins without speed hacks anyway. The big deal about completing the RoE is you can start augmenting your gear at that point.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 02:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if dude already finished a piece few days after update, there isnt much time gate here it seems.

Probably just the appetitizer was released (im on a work trip, cant "enjoy" the new content till weekend...)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 03:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you want people banned? Clipping to a avoid 5 min run is just idiotic. Not to mention you can learn how each floor looks and where are confluxes for future farm runs.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 03:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Well if dude already finished a piece few days after update, there isnt much time gate here it seems.

Probably just the appetitizer was released (im on a work trip, cant "enjoy" the new content till weekend...)

He finished because he bought scales or have legion of mules. Regular player with 1 account will need realistically around 10-14 days for one piece farming daily.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 237 238 239