First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 237 238 239
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-12 09:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know the significance of staying in the Gaol zone for three bosses? Does RP increase per NM?
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-12 09:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another question I have. So Shaol AB and C have a restriction of entry once 20hrs since thats when you are allowed to own Mogphone1. Is there such restrictions on Gaol? Or is the restriction is to have 3 Mogphone II?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-02-12 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Butcherb0y said: »
Here's another question I have. So Shaol AB and C have a restriction of entry once 20hrs since thats when you are allowed to own Mogphone1. Is there such restrictions on Gaol? Or is the restriction is to have 3 Mogphone II?

You must have 3x moglphone II to enter Sheol Gaol.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-12 09:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, I just thought if that is the only restriction, if it also have time restrictions like Shoal ABAnd C
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-02-12 09:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Butcherb0y said: »
I get that, I just thought if that is the only restriction, if it also have time restrictions like Shoal ABAnd C

One group did five of the NMs on update night, so the only restriction seems to be 3000 mog segments on hand to buy more moglophone IIs.
By Taint 2021-02-12 09:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No time restriction with Gaol. Just segments.

I'd say a solo player with trust can bank on 1000-1500 segments per run. I tribox and always end up in the 2000-2500 range.
By Butcherb0y 2021-02-12 09:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thats neat then. Awesome thank you all.
 Leviathan.Restrat
Server: Leviathan
user: restrat
By Leviathan.Restrat 2021-02-12 11:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Going in solo, does key spamming chests get a good amount of segments? Or should I stick to killing mobs with trusts
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-12 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Restrat said: »
Going in solo, does key spamming chests get a good amount of segments? Or should I stick to killing mobs with trusts
As soon as you get a mimic your segment gains are going to zero for awhile. I'd stick to killing mob groups, open chests with izzat, maybe pick off an agon if you see an opportunity.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-02-12 11:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Do all people need to be at the same point to enter higher tier fights in Gaol, or just the entry person to select whatever NM?

ie: Person cleared up to enter T3 but wants to take someone who hasn't killed any NMs yet
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-02-12 11:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a friend into T2 fights when he's had zero T1 kills so...cough logic...would suggest yes you can take people into T3 without having the wins. This is also SE we're talking about
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-12 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Leviathan.Restrat said: »
As soon as you get a mimic your segment gains are going to zero for awhile. I'd stick to killing mob groups, open chests with izzat, maybe pick off an agon if you see an opportunity.

Picking chests with keys= 10 segments
Opening a chest with izzat= 100 segments

Not to mention the segments earned by killing fodder mobs/etc to earn that izzat. Key popping runs earn a fraction of what really ANY combination of actual fighting does.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 12:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Do we know the significance of staying in the Gaol zone for three bosses? Does RP increase per NM?

No known bonus for as far as I have seen or heard, though, I havent tried it on Atonement 3.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-02-12 12:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also unlikely any group of people will do x3 kills in a single run considering you cannot reuse any single job on anyone once its been used. Especially when you can just exit, get a KI and go in on the same jobs you may have just used. There's almost no incentive to staying in for multiple runs unless you don't have segments for another KI and you're already in zone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-02-12 12:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
It's also unlikely any group of people will do x3 kills in a single run considering you cannot reuse any single job on anyone once its been used. Especially when you can just exit, get a KI and go in on the same jobs you may have just used. There's almost no incentive to staying in for multiple runs unless you don't have segments for another KI and you're already in zone.

Most people can't keep up with the 3k daily segment for 1 ki requirement and makes no sense to lock out needed jobs in a run. Everyone I know just does 1 run and warps out and repeats if they have segments.

Or hell, if they lock out jobs, just lock that job out for that character...not for all characters. This game has limited viable healing jobs. I'm sure people's ingenuity on setups would normally occur but that lag is so damn bad I don't think anyone cares, we just want the win and get the hell out. Also make KIs 1k segments...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There's almost no incentive to staying in for multiple runs unless you don't have segments for another KI and you're already in zone.

If people found out that multiplying kills in a run significantly increases RP, they would do it. I am not willing to rule out they might plan this for the future. Then again, I believe they will be releasing a double segment campaign soon, which will help everyone for their point-needs. It would be more likely that after everyone gets their clears and begins to unlock RP, they might start theorycrafting ways to kill 2-3/run. They aren't particularly hard if you use the appropriate jobs sparingly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Still waiting on that Sinister Reign campaign... any day now
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 13:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They cheesed out and threw Decanters into Monthly Deeds. Two for one special, force you to do deeds
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-12 13:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if anyone wants to update wiki or anything, but looks like the odyssey boss titles can be re-set at the 3 bards in the (s) areas of sandy/windy/bastok. I only have one boss down from T1, and it's in the 400gil section in those areas
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 13:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There's almost no incentive to staying in for multiple runs unless you don't have segments for another KI and you're already in zone.

If people found out that multiplying kills in a run significantly increases RP, they would do it. I am not willing to rule out they might plan this for the future. Then again, I believe they will be releasing a double segment campaign soon, which will help everyone for their point-needs. It would be more likely that after everyone gets their clears and begins to unlock RP, they might start theorycrafting ways to kill 2-3/run. They aren't particularly hard if you use the appropriate jobs sparingly.

You mean V0 aren't hard. Wait for V20 or V25 lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 13:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You mean V0 aren't hard.

context

It would be more likely that after everyone gets their clears and begins to unlock RP

They aren't particularly hard if you use the appropriate jobs sparingly.
By Guyford 2021-02-12 13:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

No known bonus for as far as I have seen or heard, though, I havent tried it on Atonement 3.

Other people are claiming that past +5, they only unlock 2 levels above on clearing an NM. I initially cleared all the NMs on 0 for atonement 1 and 2 doing 3 at a time. I always got another 5 levels unlocked on subsequent kills even when solo. I have no idea if this is related. For atonement 2, I had already cleared all atonement 1 mobs at at least +5 above the current level I was doing as well and this may be the reason.

Unrelated: someone messed up the rp rules on bg wiki and used the previous rank to determine earned rp on a win instead of next rank. You get 192 rp for a +10 win, 164 for a +9 win.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about two different things.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-02-12 13:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortunately, SE hasn't been opposed to revamping content. Hell, if you were around for the initial implementation of WoE, I'm sure you remember what a walking talking dumpster fire that mess was.
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 13:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean V0 aren't hard.

context

It would be more likely that after everyone gets their clears and begins to unlock RP

They aren't particularly hard if you use the appropriate jobs sparingly.

I don't get it. You mean getting clears is easy? Most of your post was about possible RPing more than one NM in a row. Also you cut important part from your quote.

It would be more likely that after everyone gets their clears and begins to unlock RP, they might start theorycrafting ways to kill 2-3/run. They aren't particularly hard if you use the appropriate jobs sparingly.

Maybe it's my poor english, but imo it's not clear what you meant XD
By Guyford 2021-02-12 13:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 3 clears on +10 +10 +5 for atonements 1(+10x2) and 2(+5), it gave no bonus RP, it did not unlock the ability to pop other atonement 1 NMs higher than +15 on the 3rd run.

As far as I know what remains to be tested is if doing 2 +15 NMs gives you the option to pop a +20 for a given atonement.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's my poor english, but imo it's not clear what you meant XD

My primary response was to why people were not doing multiple kills in a run, so the mention that it wasn't worth it was unproven until after people get the clears they want, as it is a waste of segments to try that now and possible fail. Me saying they were not that difficult with the job restriction in a multiple-kill setting (in order to prove whether there was indeed a bonus or not) was not talking about Veng+20, because doing 2-3 of those in a row would not be needed to determine if there was a bonus. You could do that at Veng+1 3x, see if there was an increase, then that would tell you whether it would be worth it to kill multiple bosses in a row for RP, or whether to continue to kill one at a time with no job lockout. Obviously they get harder at higher difficulties, that was not the point of that statement.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-12 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my video showing my first two attempts at solo's on Xevioso, some simple strats I've learned for these so far as well as showing how negatively the lag in these zones can affect you causing gearswaps to not work correctly. More will follow as I get more comfortable with this new challenging content. Thanks for all the info that prepared me for my first two runs.

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 237 238 239