The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2021-01-12 16:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, didn't seem that way for me. I used brd/mnk/cor/whm/geo on NM1 and those jobs were locked for all character's for the next NM.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 16:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So once someone uses a job, no matter who, that job becomes locked for EVERYONE in the party on successive NMs, correct?

Oh my oh my.
I have mixed feelings, this is gonna make things hard once we start fighting hard stuff, but then again this sounds like fun and challenging as well.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-12 16:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So once someone uses a job, no matter who, that job becomes locked for EVERYONE in the party on successive NMs, correct?

Oh my oh my.
I have mixed feelings, this is gonna make things hard once we start fighting hard stuff, but then again this sounds like fun and challenging as well.

Example comps my friend came up with.

RUN WHM BRD DD1 DD2 DD3
PLD RDM BLU COR DD4 DD5
NIN SCH GEO DD6 DD7 DD8

Can toss a BST in one of those for Arthur Def Down
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-12 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my oh my.

Unless fighting NMs back to back without zoning out gives some kind of bonus you can buy 3 KI kill 1 NM zone out grab another KI and go in again with the same job set up.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2021-01-12 17:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This certainly does suck a bit for multiboxers who only have mules with 1-2 jobs if they wanted to do more than one NM a run. I was able to just ride out the rest with my mules on shitty jobs though haha. So far it might seem to favor soloers with multible jobes for the early ranks but I assume as the NM's get harder it'll favor a group eventually.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 17:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Unless fighting NMs back to back without zoning out gives some kind of bonus you can buy 3 KI kill 1 NM zone out grab another KI and go in again with the same job set up.

I cannot imagine that this is how they envisioned players would workaround the system, because the odd "no repeat job/trust" stipulation can be completely bypassed this way without any penalty. Until someone notices a bonus for doing all 3 (guess I should try that and compare the RP received for 3 vs 1)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 17:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe that was their way of making it solo friendly, but then even still, the system makes no sense
By Honeybaked 2021-01-12 18:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some questions about the job limitations for the Gaol successive NMs thing.

If player1 uses a job, say BRD, on NM#1, he won't be able to use BRD again on NM#2 and NM#3
But the 5 other players in the party will be able to, correct?

Also, can you have 2 jobs of the same type if it's two different players?
Say Player1 and Player2 both want to play BLU on NM#1, will they be able to or will they have to take turns on different NMs?

No repeating at all for anyone. If someone comes on RUN to run #1 then NO ONE can come on RUN for NM #2 or #3. Two people can never be on the same job either for a NM.
By Lobivopsis 2021-01-12 18:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
these new mob names are created during a creative process called face to keyboard

No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogmagog

Found this out when I recognized the name from Korgoth of Barbaria and googled it and saw it's a name from english mythology.
By Lobivopsis 2021-01-12 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

(double post)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 19:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

88 RP from Veng+6 (Gogmagog, 20 higher than Veng+5).
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 19:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
88 RP from Veng+6 (Gogmagog, 20 higher than Veng+5).

What rank you have it on and how much is needed for next?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 19:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Rank 3, 94 tnl, so 250 RP total to Rank 4. Will progressively crank up the difficulty tonight until I can't solo it anymore.

Also - At ~50%, AAEV lost hate and could not get it back for remainder of fight. Not sure if this is a mechanic as I turned around for a full minute and he still came after me. I ended up just killing him in DT set, but since log is delayed, I can't really tell what was going on.
By malakef 2021-01-12 19:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems like an insane amount of grinding needed. Are you having to do each level of veng before the next opens or how is that working exactly?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 19:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

After I did Veng+5 earlier, I entered again and I had option on Gogmagog to increase to Veng+10. I didn't do 1-4, so it looks like doing the highest level Veng+ might open up the next tier. I assumed Veng+10 = lvl 134 and didn't want to risk it, so I just increased it by 1 to see what RP would go up as. I plan to keep doing this so I can track just how much RP I can reasonably hope to get solo.

It seems like it's going to be a bad grind, but we don't know how high up it goes. Perhaps something like Veng+20 gives something crazy like 500 RP.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 19:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Rank 3, 94 tnl, so 250 RP total to Rank 4.

Sounds like its the same as for REMA then >.>

Quote:
Code
+----------------+
|   Augment RP   |
+----------------+
| Rank 1  | 50   |
+---------+------+
| Rank 2  | 80   |
+---------+------+
| Rank 3  | 120  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 4  | 170  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 5  | 220  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 6  | 280  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 7  | 340  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 8  | 410  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 9  | 480  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 10 | 560  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 11 | 650  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 12 | 750  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 13 | 860  |
+---------+------+
| Rank 14 | 980  | 5950 RP for Rank 15 Needed
+---------+------+
| Rank 15 | 1110 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 16 | 1250 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 17 | 1410 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 18 | 1580 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 19 | 1760 | 13060 for Rank 20 Needed
+---------+------+
| Rank 20 | 1960 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 21 | 2170 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 22 | 2400 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 23 | 2650 |
+---------+------+
| Rank 24 | 2910 | 25150 for Rank 25 Needed
+---------+------+

So I hope this points per NM jumps significantly with difficulty, because even if you say "crazy" 500 points, that would be 26 fights for single item to R20... *** that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 19:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have expected a bad grind, Simon.

SimonSes said: »
This is nothing new. Afaik you need 42 days on new char to even finish RoE and go beyond Sheol A. You need 6 months of grind to get coallitions for Ergons. You need 1 year to get Monberaux etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-12 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm up to rank 6.
RP costs
Lvl:Next
R1:50
R2:80
R3:120
R4:170
R5:220
R6:280

RP gains per NM kill.
Venge:RP
V5 : 68
V10:192
V15:392

So the gains jump pretty well at higher difficulties. Planning on trying Venge 20 later.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 19:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard was V15? Any new mechanics? I assume you did it in full group?
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 20:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have expected a bad grind, Simon.

This is nothing new. Afaik you need 42 days on new char to even finish RoE and go beyond Sheol A. You need 6 months of grind to get coallitions for Ergons. You need 1 year to get Monberaux etc.

You are probably right, but those things in the quote are more like time gates. Here it looks like you actually need to spend like 20hours (Getting segments and doing actual NM fight) playing on full focus in 6 man party to augment one item with kinda weak augment to begin with. You also cant really do that when you want, but you are limited to 1 time per day realistically (well you can I guess only farm segments then grind several NM fights in a row). So top groups will maybe be able to augment one item in 15 days, which doesnt sound terrible from time perspective, but if you consider you would need to farm segments every day at full focus, then spam NM ~20 times at highest difficulty to achieve that, then it kinds sounds bad. Normal people who cant really static everyday will maybe do one item in 3-6 months(?) and only if they find a way to actually beat NM at highest difficulty XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 20:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

to augment one item with kinda weak augment to begin with

This is true, but to be fair, getting access to the base item is already easy enough for practically anybody, and the Gil cost is significantly cheaper than a comparable item you can put on AH (Aurgelmir Orb/+1). The item itself is already good, I see the augments as something extra, nothing really crazy to rush for. Odyssey since the very beginning was always about a grind. People who didn't do Odyssey for MM every day got left behind quick. People who didn't do segments every day missed out on a lot of segments. The fact that you have to climb a bunch before getting access to the highest RP (and then from there is a terrible grind) is something that fits the theme of Odyssey perfectly.

They could have screwed us all over more by making Moglphone share a timer with Moglophone II. I guess I'm not even the least bit surprised.
By drakefs 2021-01-12 20:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Can confirm up to rank 6.
RP gains per NM kill.
Venge:RP
V5 : 68
V10:192
V15:392

So the gains jump pretty well...

Between 5 and 10, you gained ~2.8x more points, between 10 and 15 you gained ~2x more points. This slightly outpaces the growth for the points required to rank up. Gonna be a long farm, especially if the mobs get a lot harder.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 20:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So the gains jump pretty well at higher difficulties.

Do you know if everyone needs access to the highest Veng to participate, or only one person? i.e. if I have +20, can I lead group and we all get can enter, or do they have to all do 5/10/15
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 20:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

to augment one item with kinda weak augment to begin with

This is true, but to be fair, getting access to the base item is already easy enough for practically anybody, and the Gil cost is significantly cheaper than a comparable item you can put on AH (Aurgelmir Orb/+1). The item itself is already good, I see the augments as something extra, nothing really crazy to rush for. Odyssey since the very beginning was always about a grind. People who didn't do Odyssey for MM every day got left behind quick. People who didn't do segments every day missed out on a lot of segments. The fact that you have to climb a bunch before getting access to the highest RP (and then from there is a terrible grind) is something that fits the theme of Odyssey perfectly.

They could have screwed us all over more by making Moglphone share a timer with Moglophone II. I guess I'm not even the least bit surprised.

I also have small faith that maybe I can cheesy some NMs on V20 or at least V15 with SP abilities or possibly pup tanking and SCH doing 10k helix with Bolster Malaise (not sure how much HP has V20 NM? Or pup and trust tanking and decoy shooting with Arma or Drain III Apoc DRK with full Bolster and 5 SV songs. SOMETHING must work!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-12 20:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So the gains jump pretty well at higher difficulties.

Do you know if everyone needs access to the highest Veng to participate, or only one person? i.e. if I have +20, can I lead group and we all get can enter, or do they have to all do 5/10/15
No idea. I've only done NMs with the same group so far.
How hard was V15? Any new mechanics? I assume you did it in full group?
We were doing Gogmagog, the Dullahan. Full 6 man group. PLD,SAM,WHM,BRD,GEO,COR. Used SPs on V10 and 15.

On V5 I got this...
Code
[18:37:45]Gogmagog readies Villainous Rebuke.
[18:37:45]Gogmagog uses Villainous Rebuke.Martel takes 5232 points of damage.
[18:37:45]Martel was defeated by Gogmagog.
I wasn't wearing Aegis for that one. Probably could have survived. And I forgot to get a screenshot. lol. Still it was easy to recover and kill it before time out.

On V10 it was this...

I was wearing Aegis there, and had scherzo, it just wasn't enough. Arised, held it weak and killed.

On V15.. I didn't die! <,< The thing I noticed about the previous two cases was that both of those deaths were during the mob's SP. I've seen it use both Mighty strikes and Blood weapon. Although not both in the same fight.
Code
[18:37:20]Gogmagog uses Blood Weapon.
[18:37:45]Gogmagog uses Villainous Rebuke.Martel takes 5232 points of damage.

[19:03:55]Gogmagog uses Mighty Strikes.
[19:03:59]Gogmagog uses Noahionto.Rejiin takes 41218 points of damage.
You can see from the timestamps that each tank buster was within SP duration. I dunno for certain if this is a requirement for it to use those moves, but it seems likely.

For the V15 fight, we disengaged and TP starved it for the duration of the SP. Ochain was working the 100% block rate, and making him hit 0 on blocks, so he got no TP at all. Doesn't seem to have regain.

Outside SPs I've only seen it use Atramentous Libations and Infernal Bulwark. So a low dmg aoe and self buff. Bring dispels.

Also it got an aura after SPs. The first time we saw an attack down aura. Didn't confirm potency, but the AoE rang is probably around 20 or more. On V15 it was a magic evasion down aura. Not sure if it varies by SP used or by Venge level.

Doesn't cast at all and is easy to enfeeble with Elegy, slow, para, addle.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 20:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know if August's "wings" effect stacks with MM? I know the automaton does, but didn't see August mentioned.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 20:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Last question Martel before I go to bed >.> Can you estimate how much HP it has on V5 V10 and V15?

Nvm. I just went to watch you in action on Ejin Twitch. Based on damage in first 10%, looks like V15 has around 1M hp.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

if you consume 3k segments on moglophone2 on each boss you win, isn't the best strategy to just warp out right after each boss win, so you get to use your best trusts and best job(s)?
What's the benefit of staying inside and fighting them one after the other with al the added restrictions?
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
What's the benefit of staying inside and fighting them one after the other with al the added restrictions?

None knows so far. We are speculating that maybe some RP bonuses.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 237 238 239