By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-12 07:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Is there a way to make the NMs harder?

Quote:
Augmenting Equipment

1. Purchase a piece of equipment

2. Augmenting equipment earned from defeating monster A is done by defeating monster A.

3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’scurrent augment level.

4. RP can be earned from defeating a boss or decreasing its HP.

5. Use RP by interacting with the ??? in Rabao (G-6) and trading your desired piece of equipment.

All the fight you have seen so far are probably easiest difficulty. If it scales like Ambuscade and NMs even get access to new mechanics on higher difficulty, it wont be that easy.

Its like people dont read the patch notes anymore.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 10:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI - the NM list is bugged for certain bosses (Atonement 2)

Entered Gigelorum (white Matamata), got Marmorksebs (Craklaw)
Entered Marmorkebs, got Rasvovniche (Snapweed)

Wouldn't be an Odyssey release without bugs
 Asura.Kronkeykong
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-01-12 10:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
FYI - the NM list is bugged for certain bosses (Atonement 2)

Entered Gigelorum (white Matamata), got Marmorksebs (Craklaw)
Entered Marmorkebs, got Rasvovniche (Snapweed)

At work.

Can you select any of the 10 NMs?

Or do you have to do certain ones before moving further?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 10:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Atonement 1 has 4 NMs. Beat at least 1 from Atonement 1 (I think, I killed 3 first run) and my second run Atonement 2 NMs opened up. You can select any of the NMs at this point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 11:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I do want to just point out that the lag is so unbearable, I almost died to Cracklaw NM. He resists physical damage, so MB is the way to go. Because TP moves would literally fire off five seconds afterwards in log/animation, and because of Trusts interrupting SC, I was only able to land 2 full damage MBs between self SC on NIN, and it was purely luck. Took me about 8-9 trust rotations to kill it with 3 minutes left. I don't know what they are going to do about that, it's beyond bad. I wouldn't even join an RP group until that is addressed.
By alamihgo 2021-01-12 12:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm familiar with a generic latency in Odyssey in regards to mob movements/trust summon, but I didn't detect anything nearly as obnoxious as what you're describing (on Asura).
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 12:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Leviathan right now and the lag is the worst I've ever had anything in FFXI. I'd rather do Dyna than Odyssey right now and people who know me know I haven't done dyna like once in the last 6 months due to dealing with lag.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 12:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaggra had no lag, so in JP its working as intended so we won't see a fix probably...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 12:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dag fam. You just left for Leviathan without any word huh? Leave the money on the nightstand and then bounce? Why you treat us like hoes
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-12 12:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dag fam. You just left for Leviathan without any word huh? Leave the money on the nightstand and then bounce? Why you treat us like hoes

I said in linkshell lol. I was changing names(you prob know why, Buukki), i'm coming back in a couple days.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 12:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just entered again and the lag was not nearly as bad. Was like 1 second delay and I could see everything coming through.
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 12:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has Anyone successfully started an augment? Bought the ammo piece and have tried trading to the ??? And killing the NM multiple times with no luck starting an aug or getting any RP
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Atonement 1
Base Cost: 2,000,000 G

NM Name - Monster - Purchasable Armor/Weapon

Gogmagog - Dullahan - Coiste Bodhar
U Bnai - Acuex - Neo Animator
Sgili - Umbril - Epitaph
Dealan-dhe - Flutterini - Hesperiidae

Atonement 2
Base Cost: 3,000,000 G

(as mentioned, the list is bugged and gives a different NM than chosen for some)

Raskovniche (Marmorkebs in the menu) - Snapweed - Beithir Ring
Aristaeus - Chapuli - Acrontica
Marmorkeps (Gigelorum in the menu) (Uses encumbrance) - Cracklaw - Tsuru
Gigelorum (Raskovniche in menu) - Matamata - Schere Earring
Procne - Tulfaire - Tellen Belt
Henwen - Raaz (really cool looking recolor) - Obstinate Sash

Pilgrim Moogle's chat when you open up the menu to purchase from Atonement 1/2 is also bugged. He tells you you can reduce the cost of the items by continuing your adventures into "[Name of one of the NMs]". He means Sheol: Gaol.

You can't repeat the same NM in the same run.
By Haziko 2021-01-12 13:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody confirm whether or not (1) subjobs are locked, and (2) entry and participation by one player on Job A prevents other players from using Job A on subsequent fights (As in, if I RUN the first fight, an LS member cannot RUN the second fight)? Or is it just that I cannot use Job A for the remainder of my time in that run?

I was reading the update and patch notes, but it seems like some of those have been inaccurate or poorly translated and may not be reliable. It was also not immediately clear from the Update thread or what I have seen so far skimming these posts. Appreciate it.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-12 13:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There could be a specific reason for the lag, since not everyone seems to get it and the people that tested it obviously didn't have this problem.

Could it be a specific addon?
Could it be a specific FFXI feature, statusparty or something.
Could it be a specific area of the zone.
Could it be a driver issue.

Are you asking everyone in your group if they have the same lag when you have it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-12 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It could just be that there is literally 100000 people trying to do it all at the same time
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 13:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haziko said: »
Can anybody confirm whether or not (1) subjobs are locked, and (2) entry and participation by one player on Job A prevents other players from using Job A on subsequent fights (As in, if I RUN the first fight, an LS member cannot RUN the second fight)? Or is it just that I cannot use Job A for the remainder of my time in that run?

I was reading the update and patch notes, but it seems like some of those have been inaccurate or poorly translated and may not be reliable. It was also not immediately clear from the Update thread or what I have seen so far skimming these posts. Appreciate it.

1) no sub jobs

2) if on the first NM player 1 is RUN and player 2 is BRD, on NM 2 neither player 1 or 2 can be BRD or RUN
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Support Jobs restricted, Same player cannot use same job on subsequent fights. Trusts summoned are also not able to be resummoned for remainder of battles. You can get around this all by just entering, doing 1 run, and exiting.
By Haziko 2021-01-12 13:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Heghmoh said: »
Haziko said: »

1) no sub jobs

2) if on the first NM player 1 is RUN and player 2 is BRD, on NM 2 neither player 1 or 2 can be BRD or RUN

Support Jobs restricted, Same player cannot use same job on subsequent fights. Trusts summoned are also not able to be resummoned for remainder of battles. You can get around this all by just entering, doing 1 run, and exiting.

Thank you.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-12 13:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can get around this all by just entering, doing 1 run, and exiting.

So you're saying they're allowing us to pay 3,000 segements for just one NM rather than forcing us to pay 9,000 up front for all 3? If that's the case then what's the point of even implementing the job restrictions in the first place.
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2021-01-12 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know the average number of segments you can get per run? is this looking like a once every 4 days thing?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 13:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
You can get around this all by just entering, doing 1 run, and exiting.

So you're saying they're allowing us to pay 3,000 segements for just one NM rather than forcing us to pay 9,000 up front for all 3? If that's the case then what's the point of even implementing the job restrictions in the first place.

You require 3 to enter. You are not required to spend 3 Moglophone IIs, you can exit anytime. Seeing as how it was so laggy and all I wanted to do was unlock each item, I chose to just exit each time and re-enter after buying another KI. The job lock/trust restriction is just their creative way of making it challenging, but I don't feel like losing points to lag so I went the lamer route. I would imagine when RPing, perhaps doing subsequent fights rewards an RP bonus, but I haven't gotten that far yet. Plus you can't kill same NM in each run, so if all I care about is RPing Katana, I would rather exit and invest my runs into that than being forced to fight 2 other NMs I don't really want to RP at the time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 13:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Nappy said: »
Does anyone know the average number of segments you can get per run? is this looking like a once every 4 days thing?

4500/run is probably a fair amount if you have a standard party with buffs/healer/tank. Kill all of Sheol C-1 including Halo+ Beastmen, pop one UCNM mat NM, and use rest of Izzat on Chests. Repeat on Floor 2. etc.
By alamihgo 2021-01-12 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has Anyone successfully started an augment? Bought the ammo piece and have tried trading to the ??? And killing the NM multiple times with no luck starting an aug or getting any RP
I got 1 rank in the DA+ ammo from Gogmagog. The process is as follows:

1. Defeat the original 4 NMs and claim their KIs.
2. Talk to ??? moogle for some flavor text about mobs getting tougher.
3. Return to Gaol; the original 4 NMs will let you modify "Vengeance" on a scale from +0 to +5 much like when you select Ambu difficulty.
4. Defeat NM at a greater level than current item's RP to accrue RP unique to the NM/item; RP is stocked on the ??? moogle for now.
5. Trade item to ??? if you have >0 RP for the item. Moogle will let you assign RP.

I can't modify the tier 2 NMs yet, but I suppose I need all the t2 KIs for that.
[+]
By Heghmoh 2021-01-12 15:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
I got 1 rank in the DA+ ammo from Gogmagog. The process is as follows:

aha! ok. i defeated all the Rank 1s and got the flavor text, but never tried to go back in and fight them again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-12 15:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1) no sub jobs

Odyssey really is designed mostly around solo play.

A fair number of players REALLY are not geared on enough jobs to do this in a party.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 15:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey allows for both groups and solo players to make progress, it's just most people prioritized money and disregarded things lik MM, so they figured doing it solo was best way. But a couple of things in Odyssey are better done as a group vs solo, such as leveling MM or farming segments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Gogmagog on MNK at Veng+5. I'm pretty sure Veng+# is just NM level 124-129, as he was not particularly harder than an Sheol C Boss (which is 129 on C1).

He killed me around 53% (not sure from what, had 3k HP, log stalled out and I just died so probably pulled hate). RR'd and killed him after unweak.

Pilgrim Moogle shows 68 RP for Coiste Bodhar. After using all RP, got to R2 with 62 remaining tnl. Gonna be a loooong grind xD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 16:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some questions about the job limitations for the Gaol successive NMs thing.

If player1 uses a job, say BRD, on NM#1, he won't be able to use BRD again on NM#2 and NM#3
But the 5 other players in the party will be able to, correct?

Also, can you have 2 jobs of the same type if it's two different players?
Say Player1 and Player2 both want to play BLU on NM#1, will they be able to or will they have to take turns on different NMs?
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 237 238 239