The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 237 238 239
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-12 21:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Last question Martel before I go to bed >.> Can you estimate how much HP it has on V5 V10 and V15?

Nvm. I just went to watch you in action on Ejin Twitch. Based on damage in first 10%, looks like V15 has around 1M hp.
I think that is likely accurate. V15 parse total damage was 1,001,362. Since a little bit of that is probably overkill, I think it's very likely 1 mil HP even.

I didn't parse the other two fights, and I was tanking not dd'ing so I didn't pay the dmg much mind. So I'm not sure about the HP for those.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 21:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than really high def (or possibly DT?) that V15 looked very easy. Tho its possibly because it was fully debuffed. I wonder how would that look without RDM debuffs. Ehhh so many questions, but need to finally go to sleep. nn everyone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2021-01-12 23:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

if you need to switch jobs/gear twice mid run isn't that a huge middle finger in the face of every vanilla player? even if your inventory is always super organized and you can switch out stuff in 2-3 minutes manually i imagine the annoyance lvls go over 9000 just a couple of runs in.

*edit*
maybe some of the lag problem is due to job changing/equipment switching? for example switching spells around on BLU always causes lag spikes to hit sky high.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-01-12 23:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can fit like 8 jobs worth of gear in wardrobes depending on what jobs they are/how in depth you do each individual job. Even just 5/5 malig is passable for a good number of jobs TP wise. I dont think thats going to be the problem for vanilla players unless they main BiS 15 sets of run or something, which is usually overkill.

I think overgeared players are going to find this content probably interesting, but a bit on the easier side. The balance is probably directed more at players who have put in a good amount of effort, but more casual than having 5 rema'd jobs.

It is definitely interesting we are finally getting content that asks the player

*Can you play your job

*Can you play multiple jobs

*Can you play multiple ROLES (given most players will likely have to fill in roles as you rotate jobs)

I think if they fit in ~2-3 more bosses after the first 3, it would get more interesting for the more hardcore players, as everyone will have to rotate roles fully, and ask that everyone in the group can make 5-6 functional parties with different party setups.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kerith7537 2021-01-12 23:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did one run, but Pilgrim Moogle didn't spawn in room for me after first NM. Anyone else have this happen?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-12 23:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Planning on trying Venge 20 later.
Turns out we were assuming too much. After clearing V15 and re-entering, V15 is still the highest option. So there isn't a V20. /disappoint.

I guess I should have figured since the V15 clear unlocked the R20 augment.
By shamgi 2021-01-13 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a number on the points to segments conversion rate?

If there's a bonus for doing all three fights and the conversion rate is acceptable, it might be interesting to be able to do two nonsense fights, then a big final fight and use the points to recomp the costs of the first two to a degree.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 02:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out we were assuming too much. After clearing V15 and re-entering, V15 is still the highest option. So there isn't a V20. /disappoint.

This is kinda strange because update notes says you need to make NM at rank same or higher than your augment to get RP. So what you gonna do when you hit rank 16?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 03:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Organizer work in the Lobby zone of Odyssey Gaol, the one before each NM?
By terrawheat 2021-01-13 05:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It didnt for me, I had to suddenly manually move all my gear in a panic to get moving to the next floor.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 05:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW.
I became so dependant on Organizer I would probably stop playing this game if that stopped working lol.

Any chance we can make Organizer work in there, with some tweaks to the plugin itself maybe?

Who developed the original version of Organizer? Was it Rooks?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-13 06:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kinda strange because update notes says you need to make NM at rank same or higher than your augment to get RP. So what you gonna do when you hit rank 16?
Probably wait for further updates and will be added later?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-13 07:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel clearly says that the V15 clear unlocked the r20 augments.
By Taint 2021-01-13 07:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

kerith7537 said: »
Just did one run, but Pilgrim Moogle didn't spawn in room for me after first NM. Anyone else have this happen?

It’s the lag of the zone. You have to range it to reload him, but the room is too small. ;)
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 07:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Unlocked augment and farming RP is 2 separate things.
It would kinda have sense that if you dont clear V15 you wont have access to 20augment, because clearing V15 should unlock ability to do 16-20 to farm RP up to 20.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 07:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
kerith7537 said: »

It’s the lag of the zone. You have to range it to reload him, but the room is too small. ;)

Thats a massive fail.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 07:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
Heghmoh said: »
Has Anyone successfully started an augment? Bought the ammo piece and have tried trading to the ??? And killing the NM multiple times with no luck starting an aug or getting any RP
I got 1 rank in the DA+ ammo from Gogmagog. The process is as follows:

1. Defeat the original 4 NMs and claim their KIs.
2. Talk to ??? moogle for some flavor text about mobs getting tougher.
3. Return to Gaol; the original 4 NMs will let you modify "Vengeance" on a scale from +0 to +5 much like when you select Ambu difficulty.
4. Defeat NM at a greater level than current item's RP to accrue RP unique to the NM/item; RP is stocked on the ??? moogle for now.
5. Trade item to ??? if you have >0 RP for the item. Moogle will let you assign RP.

I can't modify the tier 2 NMs yet, but I suppose I need all the t2 KIs for that.
So to accrue RP you don't need to "wear" the item at all, because the points don't go into the item but into the Moogle who holds them for you until you decide to use them for an item, correct?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-13 07:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It would kinda have sense that if you dont clear V15 you wont have access to 20augment, because clearing V15 should unlock ability to do 16-20 to farm RP up to 20.

Does it not? I assumed doing the rank 15 fight over again would rank it up from 16-20 since they showcased the rank 20 augments.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 08:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it not? I assumed doing the rank 15 fight over again would rank it up from 16-20 since they showcased the rank 20 augments.

Once again quote from update notes
Quote:
3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’s current augment level.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 08:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
alamihgo said: »
Heghmoh said: »
Has Anyone successfully started an augment? Bought the ammo piece and have tried trading to the ??? And killing the NM multiple times with no luck starting an aug or getting any RP
I got 1 rank in the DA+ ammo from Gogmagog. The process is as follows:

1. Defeat the original 4 NMs and claim their KIs.
2. Talk to ??? moogle for some flavor text about mobs getting tougher.
3. Return to Gaol; the original 4 NMs will let you modify "Vengeance" on a scale from +0 to +5 much like when you select Ambu difficulty.
4. Defeat NM at a greater level than current item's RP to accrue RP unique to the NM/item; RP is stocked on the ??? moogle for now.
5. Trade item to ??? if you have >0 RP for the item. Moogle will let you assign RP.

I can't modify the tier 2 NMs yet, but I suppose I need all the t2 KIs for that.
So to accrue RP you don't need to "wear" the item at all, because the points don't go into the item but into the Moogle who holds them for you until you decide to use them for an item, correct?

Correct by I have no idea how augmenting works when it suppose to be:

Quote:
3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’s current augment level.

so does moogle "know" how many RP you got from what V? Its totally confusing.

Can you keep augment on R1 and farm 13000 points on V2 and then upgrade it to rank 20? or will it say after upgrading to rank3, that your points are from doing V2 and you cant augment past rank2? >.>
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-01-13 08:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW.
I became so dependant on Organizer I would probably stop playing this game if that stopped working lol.

Any chance we can make Organizer work in there, with some tweaks to the plugin itself maybe?

Byrth wrote the original version, I added some features, wrote the documentation, and maintained it for a while. I'm missing some context though: why would you need to use it in the field? What does this new zone do that necessitates it?
By malakef 2021-01-13 08:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

New zone forces you to switch jobs mid content.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 08:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW.

Byrth wrote the original version, I added some features, wrote the documentation, and maintained it for a while. I'm missing some context though: why would you need to use it in the field? What does this new zone do that necessitates it?
This new content called "Odyssey: Gaol" is structured in two parts:
1) A lobby, where you can access to all your repositories (not the Slips) and change your job/sj
2) A battlefield, where you confront one NM.

To gain access to 2) you need to fulfill some requirements.
Among which for instance: To fight NM#2 you can't use the same job you used for NM#1
This means that once you killed NM#1 and you're back in the Lobby, you need to swap your job to a different one, and so on. Event caps at maximum 3 NMs, so maximum 2x job swaps.

Without being able to use Organizer inside that zone, it could be a mess.

Wonder if I managed to make things clear for you Rooks? I tried to keep it simple and omitted some secondary details.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 09:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
What does this new zone do that necessitates it?

Simply put, they made a new zone that has a moogle for changing gear/jobs (without access to porter slips/storage) and you are required to change jobs between fights. There is a timer in the zone (15 minutes) so if a player has to manually find all of their gear and doesn't get it in time, he will be kicked from the zone. It's dumb.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-01-13 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they think they were designing content for XIV, where everyone has all their gear all the time? What the hell?

Also, REQUIRED to change jobs? How does anyone new, with one 99 job play it? Are they just locked out?
[+]
By Butcherb0y 2021-01-13 10:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait, So I only have two 99 jobs, so does that mean I can only do 2 NM at a time? And is there a reset time similar to Moglophone every 20hrs.
 Odin.Naytan
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2021-01-13 10:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah your locked out, one of requirements they told us to even enter is having 3 99 jobs.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-01-13 10:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As a workaround, you can make validate_bag at the top of items.lua in addons/organizer always return true. That's the function that checks it.

I'd be real careful about leaving that check off permanently, but as a workaround, that will give you access to the safe/etc. It will also let you pull from Storage, though, which means you enter the realm of "obvious, trivially trackable third-party actions". Beware.

(Maybe a check to see that your current target is a Nomad Moogle/etc, would suffice, and just disallow storage anywhere but the actual MH).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 237 238 239