First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-13 10:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Wish at least it didn't reset HP or became weaker on subsequent repops like the old dragons did. Would like to collect the title. As it is now I feel everyone got instantly demoralized after witnessing it once or twice and it's basically unkillable on nearly all servers unless some really coordinated group can gather at a moments notice when it randomly pops up.
The problem with this is any randoms that show up, or are already there, sure you can flail them, which is a *** move by the way, but when it gets close to dying, I wouldn't be surprised if news starts to spread that it's nearly dead, more randoms show up, and someone sets off a flail and wipes the whole run.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-02-13 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Just deal with it.

Either you just dont do dragon, or if you do, prepare to be spike flailed.

Its something thats You cant control. If there are 100 guys there fighting for 1h, for N- reasons someone will trigger the move. It isnt just lack of knowledge or sabotage, but human mistake, game failure, TRUSTS THAT GO THERE AUTOMATICALLY, etc.

This guy is quite a brilliant example of people just have no knowledge of game mechanics anymore from the old HNMs. Spike Flail happens when someone is stood anywhere around the back half of the dragon and pulls hate. If everyone stayed at the front feet and not directly in front it wont trigger Spike Flail. Trusts shouldnt be pulling hate and most certainly wont be tanking compared to a player so it is just lack of knowledge.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 10:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Trusts shouldnt be pulling hate and most certainly wont be tanking compared to a player so it is just lack of knowledge.

I mean, we all know you're a garbage player that only comes here for 5 minutes a month in between sucking off ffxiv's ***. But, you could've at least gone back a page and read some background. Between roars, one shots, and all the chaos, trusts can and will pull hate. It is to be expected that this NM will flail once or twice, unless you can get literally everyone present on board.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 10:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
People will NEVER be able to kill this Dragon on low pop servers.

Probably not in the current state. Last night a LS mate said they had been fighting for over 40 minutes and still in the 80% range.

Was that a linkshell event cause that is some hardcore stuff.
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-13 10:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't bothered to fight it since it sounds like a disaster, but can spikeflail be made impotent?
Then just flailtank it until dead?
bio3 (-20.31%), BoG EA wilt (-124.25%), and Saurian Slide/Weapon Break/Infernal Scythe/Gates of Tartarus (-25%)
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 10:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I haven't bothered to fight it since it sounds like a disaster, but can spikeflail be made impotent?
Then just flailtank it until dead?

It probably can, but it's not really that relevant. Breath isn't going to kill you unless you stand in front, wing is just a blindna per party, and melee/nukes are harmless if you use the matching GEO debuffs. Roar is single target and melee can tank fine if only one actual tank on hate list, though trusts may flail as mentioned before if tanks all get roared.

The issue isn't usually staying alive, though a surprise flail can be dangerous if you don't have scherzo+DT. It's a matter of doing enough damage while every idiot with their trusts out is constantly overwriting your songs with no potency trust ***.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just deal with it.

That's kinda the point. People won't deal with it. The dragon will just be ignored because it's bad content in its current state. Back in the day most sea linkshells would just warp out whenever absolute virtue spawned after they killed Jailer of Love because fighting it was a waste of time. This will end up being no different. The effort to reward ratio is just garbage. 80 DI points when you might already have half your daily quote anyway? Please.... they need to do better than that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-02-13 10:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

for killing Mireu, i want and Omen body.
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-13 10:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
for killing Mireu, i want and Omen body.
A new Kupon that grants 1 piece of any Rank 1 Bonanza prize.
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-13 10:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When I heard they were doing a fourth dragon. I thought cool, they are doing a quality of life update so we could get our daily quota in just going to three zones and not have to repeat one. Instead we got a steamroller right up the sphincter. With not even the common courtesy of a damn reach around.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 10:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When I heard they were doing a fourth dragon. I thought cool, they are doing a quality of life update so we could get our daily quota in just going to three zones and not have to repeat one. Instead we got a steamroller right up the sphincter. With not even the common courtesy of a damn reach around.

The difference is that some people would still find the steamroller enjoyable. There's nothing plesant about this stupidity.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, the reward is zero but its still some new content with some different challenge.

Even if there isnt anything to gain, I still feel like trying. Maybe sometime there are enough geared player there and can pull a win? Momentary satisfaction is still some kinda of reward, otherwise none would do Master Trials too.
By Nariont 2020-02-13 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Master trials have a reward though, can be done on your own time, and effects noone else. Dragon effects everyone doing DI, for no real gain
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Master trials were a fair assessment of skill, though(not so much any more, you can win them in garbage gear with garbage coordination because of power creep).

This is just a cluster**** where nothing you do really matters and even if you bring a full alliance you're still contending with dozens of idiots who are doing nothing but making it harder and will get the win as well. And, master trials still had a cosmetic reward.

This will likely be tied into something later, but is currently just serving to make DI a worse experience.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 11:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, but at least master trials reward you with a glamor item. And how many people want to go back to do them a second or third time after their first kill. Mireu pops multiple times a day so "killing it for personal satisfaction" will die out after the first week.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 11:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way this dragon (directly) gets used in anyway going forward. They do a lot of stupid ***, but they absolutely will not tie this title to anything.

What could realistically happen is if they make a new zone with new buffs (atma, vorseal, atmacite etc) Killing Mireu could be a STR+10 buff, but thats it. There's already too much blowback and discontent.
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
People will NEVER be able to kill this Dragon on low pop servers.

Probably not in the current state. Last night a LS mate said they had been fighting for over 40 minutes and still in the 80% range.

Was that a linkshell event cause that is some hardcore stuff.

No, just randoms.

It sounds like it's doable, just takes time. Unlike OG Absolute Virtue where a LS couldn't kill after 18 hours.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They are 100% going to crowbar some reward/progress into this event, make no mistake about it. There was no reason to add this dragon, but the fact that it grants a title means it has some value for a future purpose. So again, I think it's stupid at it's current stage, but once they build on it, it will have a purpose eventually. This is the typical SE content release

I remember when Mog Gardens first came out, and I was like "im not doing that ***". Over the next few adoulin quests, they started linking good rewards to Mog Gardens. How idk, but they did it. Then when it came time for me to get a +1 ring, I said "damn, i have to do Mog Gardens. fk it, im not doing it". I still haven't done it yet because it was stupid way to link content together, but it taught me a valuable lesson in how SE does business with their content.

Release some ***
Everyone complains;some people do it
update that shitty content
more complaints
people largely ignore it
time passes
more updates to shitty content/campaign with really good rewards
SE: HAHA YOU'RE FORCED TO DO IT NOW

Why do you think so many people run several mules through Oseem/AMAN progress when its campaign? We hip to the scheme now, it's nothing new.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 11:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What could realistically happen is if they make a new zone with new buffs (atma, vorseal, atmacite etc) Killing Mireu could be a STR+10 buff, but thats it.

That could be worth killing Mireu once. The problem is it pops several times a day. Even if they do add a new vorseal nobody's going to dedicate their time to repeatedly taking it down after they get their first kill. It's still just a needless obstacle making a previously functional system far LESS functional. It's completely unnecessary. As it stands the devs would have been better off not even spending their time developing it.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

At least with Mog Garden, anyone can do it successfully, just takes a few months. Things based on luck which gate content are silly.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-13 11:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they usually give titles to NMs - that way the title is a mark on your record you killed it and can be rewarded in some way in later content.

It'll probably be a STR +100 Atma from the Atma Fabricant in Neo-Abyssea ._.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 11:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

At least with Mog Garden, anyone can do it successfully, just takes a few months. Things based on luck which gate content are silly.

No disagreement here Mattelot. What I am saying is, they are trying to make this the new "everyone wins or everyone loses" content. You HAVE to do it. Besieged was this way. If you didnt protect the candy, EVERYONE suffered. If you win, EVERYONE wins. It's a way to cater to the casuals who have no possible way of completing it themselves, while lumping in the better players who inevitably will carry them to the win. It's either that or nobody gets the reward.

If they link something like this to empyrean, you have zero choice but to do it. Luck or not.
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

No disagreement here Mattelot. What I am saying is, they are trying to make this the new "everyone wins or everyone loses" content. You HAVE to do it. Besieged was this way. If you didnt protect the candy, EVERYONE suffered. If you win, EVERYONE wins. It's a way to cater to the casuals who have no possible way of completing it themselves, while lumping in the better players who inevitably will carry them to the win. It's either that or nobody gets the reward.

If they link something like this to empyrean, you have zero choice but to do it. Luck or not.

And I agree with you 100%. The problem with "carrying" is how many people claim they're doing it but really are not. I mean, I don't see it as a big of a problem as WoW. In that game, people love to claim they carried others. I guess false inflated egos are cool?
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 11:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are 100% going to crowbar some reward/progress into this event, make no mistake about it. There was no reason to add this dragon, but the fact that it grants a title means it has some value for a future purpose. So again, I think it's stupid at it's current stage, but once they build on it, it will have a purpose eventually. This is the typical SE content release

I remember when Mog Gardens first came out, and I was like "im not doing that ***". Over the next few adoulin quests, they started linking good rewards to Mog Gardens. How idk, but they did it. Then when it came time for me to get a +1 ring, I said "damn, i have to do Mog Gardens. fk it, im not doing it". I still haven't done it yet because it was stupid way to link content together, but it taught me a valuable lesson in how SE does business with their content.

Release some ***
Everyone complains;some people do it
update that shitty content
more complaints
people largely ignore it
time passes
more updates to shitty content/campaign with really good rewards
SE: HAHA YOU'RE FORCED TO DO IT NOW

Why do you think so many people run several mules through Oseem/AMAN progress when its campaign? We hip to the scheme now, it's nothing new.

That remember back when ergon weapons were released and almost none had legends. Just a few had the insight of being updated with that garbage. Later everyone had legend but then SE released the rings+1 where you dont need just legend but having all of them done (btw thats what im doing right now, clearing the quests i hadnt done, and it was like 40 of them).

On the other side, later I decided to grab my Medal of Altana in case something similar could happen, and so far, i dont think i ever needed my medal for anything.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 11:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Over response to merc culture xD

but im with you on the point. I just know SE isn't about excluding people from things lately.

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
i know they probably don't want the dragons to move because of spike flail, but it always bugged me that they just sit there and get killed. biggest negative for me and DI is that it doesn't feel like i'm actually fighting anything, it's just a big training dummy.

They might have done this due to lag concerns. That would be annoying having to follow the monster all over the battlefield
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That remember back when ergon weapons were released and almost none had legends.

That was a shitty way to gate content... behind something that takes that long, that many skipped because there was no real incentive to do it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nikkije
Server: Bahamut
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-13 11:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We had Mireu pop in Ru'Aun yesterday afternoon and somebody shouted in town that it was up. Of course I took the bait and went out there (against my better instincts) on MNK because I have the feeling earning the title is going to mean something at some point. In somewhere around 50 minutes of fighting, we had managed to get it down to about 47% or so before someone caused a spike flail in the final 10 minutes that pretty much wiped the whole zone.

We weren't going to kill it anyway, but that was still frustrating. After a certain point, the lag was so bad that I essentially lost control of my character and was unable to perform any abilities. I could use Victory Smite from the macro but it seemed to take about 8 seconds before firing off, and even sitting at about 1300 accuracy from gear alone, I was whiffing like crazy. I don't think I will bother with this thing again until they change it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 11:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That remember back when ergon weapons were released and almost none had legends.

That was a shitty way to gate content... behind something that takes that long, that many skipped because there was no real incentive to do it.

THIS.IS.HOW.THEY.OPERATE.
Everything done in iterations. You can't ever ignore anything they release because you lose in the end. If you don't keep up with dailies, you lose (money, opportunities). If you don't keep up with Gain EXP you lose money. If you don't keep dumping merits/accolades/sparks you lose money. If you're not keeping weak jobs capped, when they update them eventually and completely break them, you will lose (money, time). Nearly every single activity in this game is gated by something, and you have to do it or you are disadvantaged. So you either chalk it up and don't care, or you endure and do it and have it pay off later.
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-13 11:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If killing it gave a vorseal with a similar effect as Awakening, I'd consider it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26