Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-12 05:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Fenrir.Loynis said: »
The chain count resets to 0.

Indeed. It was super pointless feature having that count on dragons killed... still there is the count of total dragons killed, whats almost as useful as the dragons killed in a row.
The newest digest hints that the chain count actually does something though. It's probably insignificant if no one has noticed anything by this point, unless it was added in this update and they didn't say anything about it.

Wait a minute, maybe that's what determines it's spawn, a higher chain = higher spawn rate. It makes logical sense, but then SE isn't exactly logical at times.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 05:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets see if in any server happens a second spawn.

The devs mentioned it respawn with the same HP when it despawned? Literally entire server and their moms will go to dragon once he gets to the near killed point.

I still hope it could drop something. Maybe the accessories. It would be awesome reward, having an item worth 2 weeks of grinding.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-12 05:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The devs mentioned it respawn with the same HP when it despawned? Literally entire server and their moms will go to dragon once he gets to the near killed point.

That's an assumption on my part, but considering that before the new system was put in place that's how they behaved, and I highly doubt they changed that. Otherwise this becomes literally unplayable and they'll have pitchforks at their doors to throw banhammers at.

It reminds me of Ur-dragon from Dragon's Dogma. We'll pin a topic on each server with the current HP%. We can even mimic the Generation # bit too, see which server can (not) kill the most.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 05:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on my server it seems like unkillable (30 mins for like 10%) but other dude said he was at 65% with 30mins and that with loads of wannabes thinking in leeching a win.

The dragon is extremelly evasive. Im sure none could have guessed that at start and maybe still didnt notice during fight.

Once people start gearing with more acc to do the dragons, maybe get some DI gear, probably should be doable to kill in 1h. That mean i doubt it will respawn with same HP.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-12 05:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still hope it could drop something. Maybe the accessories. It would be awesome reward, having an item worth 2 weeks of grinding.
We had another spawn on Asura and its health resets. HP does not carry over.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-12 06:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »

We had another spawn on Asura and its health resets. HP does not carry over.
Wow, holy *** ***they dropped the ball on this... I stand corrected, and highly disappointed. I'm warping out if I ever see this thing spawn again.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-12 06:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's neat in my opinion. Sort of brings back the good ole days where fafnir/Nidhogg sort of concept. Run to the HQ!

It shouldn't be winnable on day one. Else we have nothing to work for lol.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-12 06:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst is that other people's Ulmia and Joachim overwrite your mule BRD's Gjallahorn Madrigals and Minuets.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
Server: Asura
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2020-02-12 06:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
This is SE saying "*** you" to all the bead bots really.

Next they'll add HQ ivl 145 crab, bat and pugil spawns in Dho gates if you have been in the zone for more than 3hrs hahaha

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-02-12 06:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance it unlocks a new vorseal?
And any chance it charms? Hopefully it does, I'm always sad when quetz doesn't charm anyone.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-12 06:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Any chance it unlocks a new vorseal?
And any chance it charms? Hopefully it does, I'm always sad when quetz doesn't charm anyone.
No idea on a vorseal, since no server has killed one yet, might be some time before that happens.

I couldn't tell about a charm, but it's spiked flails are brutal, and work much more efficiently in killing masses of players.
By SimonSes 2020-02-12 06:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
The worst is that other people's Ulmia and Joachim overwrite your mule BRD's Gjallahorn Madrigals and Minuets.

Exactly. This is very bad. Probably we should just sing honor and 3x minne? XD

Same goes for Qultadas and their rolls...
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 06:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Theorycrafting but... I wonder this set against Mireu. Over 150% WSD:

ItemSet 371341

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-12 07:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Exactly. This is very bad. Probably we should just sing honor and 3x minne? XD

Same goes for Qultadas and their rolls...
Hm, dirge, Stat songs, scherzo, mine, Carols, plenty of choice. Ulmia/Joachim can cast a minuet (two?) but I don't remember which.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-12 07:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the new dragon get announced in unity chat by name?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2020-02-12 07:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just appeared on Ragnarok. Unity leader announced it as "??? has appeared"

Warped out immediately.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-12 07:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like they forcing us to get the new domain invasion gear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-12 07:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If it actually dropped something unique I could see myself wanting to farm this, but as it is.... no thanks. The challenge is well and good but if the only reward is a full day's worth of DI points for the single mob I'll pass. Anything involving spike flail that 200-300 people can randomly trigger beyond your control is not worth the effort. Also the amount of time it'll take to grind the thing down is quite high. It just feels like a waste of time that could be better spent elsewhere.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 08:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

Or just don't do it. Does a new dragon spawn 30min+ later, or are we actually forced to kill this thing before any other dragons pop? That would absolutely suck.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-12 08:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If it actually dropped something unique I could see myself wanting to farm this, but as it is.... no thanks. The challenge is well and good but if the only reward is a full day's worth of DI points for the single mob I'll pass. Anything involving spike flail that 200-300 people can randomly trigger beyond your control is not worth the effort. Also the amount of time it'll take to grind the thing down is quite high. It just feels like a waste of time that could be better spent elsewhere.
With all the people AFK farming DI and of course the local trolls with this Dragon being able to Spike Flail Wipes will occur and no one is gonna stick around for the recovery.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-12 08:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Or just don't do it. Does a new dragon spawn 30min+ later, or are we actually forced to kill this thing before any other dragons pop? That would absolutely suck.
No once the timer runs out the next dragon will spawn in the next zone.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-12 08:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's going in order. I'd imagine next one holds forever. And the amount of lag is gonna be insane. Theres times I never see a dragon and cant target it the entire duration of its life. Mainly reisenjima cause its 50% botters.

If someone can confirm the next one starts. Then *** this guy
 Siren.Deltafoxz
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Deltafoxz 2020-02-12 08:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens with daily points and such when you don't kill him? Seems like a waste of time atm..
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-02-12 08:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a little motivation to pick up that super cheap DI-only equipment to have some fun with the new Dragon in DI god mode.

I mean, endgame BiS is nice and all, but that stupid new equipment is quite literally broken for DI.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-12 08:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
People will NEVER be able to kill this Dragon on low pop servers.
Reminder: They made the dragons' HP scale with the number of people involved... So it should be about the same for all servers, regardless of population....
Lowest HP scale notwithstanding.

Definitely seems like a middle finger to afkers, which I think is fine.
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-02-12 08:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m looking forward to taking this on. The DI specific gear gives lots of options. Could get the armor and GS for PDT - 80 on RUN, or build a nice wsd+ 100+ set on naegling PLD or WAR, maybe katana and dagger for a crit party on NIN. I was banking points for this update hoping it would be a reason to get the DI gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 08:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to need to add drops or something to this to encourage people to do it. Might be prep for when they do Domain Invasion Campaigns.

FaeQueenCory said: »

Also middle finger to legit players since we have to deal with scaled up HP as a result. It wouldn't be worth doing if 30+ people are afk and adding an extra few million HP
[+]
By Fayona 2020-02-12 08:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

currently at 57% with 27 mins remaining on bahamut :3

Edit: we timed out at 14% and if he doesn't die you get nothing from him. After 30% he started using new moves. He wiped my food twice, spammed meteor a few times, and started using hurricane wing and saw him casting Final Finale on trusts don't know if all of those moves were new after 30 though. Anywho, it would seem like he is killable.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-12 09:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Also middle finger to legit players since we have to deal with scaled up HP as a result. It wouldn't be worth doing if 30+ people are afk and adding an extra few million HP
Is what I meant. ;^*

I would have preferred just a simple 4th dragon to this (since it's uncertain if there's a vorseal attached to him)... as 4 dragons = 80pts with no repeats.

The brighter side of this one though is that his longevity means more evaluations, meaning more possible beads.
(Though I don't think that's worth it.)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26