New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-06 02:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I was looking, the pop rate I figured it, was 5 days +- ~12hours. So it can pop in different time zones but still on the 5th day.
 Lakshmi.Tsakiki
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tsakiki
By Lakshmi.Tsakiki 2021-12-06 06:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been tracking Mireu pops on Lakshmi for over a year, and I am convinced the pop window opens 5 days after the last kill, and the window is over 24 hours. I didn't keep all my old notes, but I have data for 40 kills this year, and the pops range from 5 days 0 hrs 53 mins to 6 days 7 hrs 4 mins, with most of them being within 6 hours on the 5th day since the last pop.

The # of dragon kills between Lakshmi Mireu spawns ranges from 355 to 494, with 378 being the average. I used to think it was # of kills that determined the window, which would be correlated to the days/hours, but would also vary widely between servers, since a low population server isn't going to have as many dragon kills as say Asura.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-12-06 07:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been consistently killing it?
 Lakshmi.Tsakiki
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tsakiki
By Lakshmi.Tsakiki 2021-12-06 08:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
People have been consistently killing it?
On Lakshmi? Yes, we've had good winning streaks this year, with the best being a 23-kill streak that ended in August, and we're currently at #15. If we get really unlucky and it pops when not many people are online, we will lose.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-06 10:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Something with a chance occurance every spawn would, by definition, not have a maximum window. It's probably something like a 3-5% chance of Mireu popping every time a dragon pops after 5 days have elapsed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-06 10:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wish they'd change the scaling on this thing a little bit.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-07 00:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Last time I was looking, the pop rate I figured it, was 5 days +- ~12hours. So it can pop in different time zones but still on the 5th day.
Lakshmi.Tsakiki said: »
I've been tracking Mireu pops on Lakshmi for over a year, and I am convinced the pop window opens 5 days after the last kill, and the window is over 24 hours. I didn't keep all my old notes, but I have data for 40 kills this year, and the pops range from 5 days 0 hrs 53 mins to 6 days 7 hrs 4 mins, with most of them being within 6 hours on the 5th day since the last pop.

The # of dragon kills between Lakshmi Mireu spawns ranges from 355 to 494, with 378 being the average. I used to think it was # of kills that determined the window, which would be correlated to the days/hours, but would also vary widely between servers, since a low population server isn't going to have as many dragon kills as say Asura.
that seems to be about right, on Asura I would expect the average di per hour to be higher and thus the higher gap. I’ve noticed as well a high percentage of Mireus pop between 5pm-8pm and 2am-4am.
On Asura we have 5-6 domain invasions per hour with a a few 4s during off hours
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta see if I can will this into existence by bitching about it. So we don't lose it.

Mireu's broken again, complete invulnerability at 1% and we're going to lose the *** kill streak again.

It was 1% with 35 ish minutes remaining, it's stayed at 1% down to 4 minutes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 11:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

...... and it's official. Kill streak broken.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 11:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at least 90% sure that is an accurate statement.

But I'm 100% sure that they're fully capable of failing to program it accurately too.
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-21 11:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was there too. Nobody seemed to have the skirmish prevention bonus, normally it shows the name of the player that claimed it when entering after Mireu has already spawned. I have to wonder if the weird proc system has to be triggered by the person with the bonus and it failed to properly register the bonus
Next pop should be DEC26th
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Someones trust killed the last dahak, it was out but resummoned at least once so that may be what broke it.

No way to know.

Anyone have the chat logs from previous spawns? Is the killing blow dealt by the player with the brew buff?
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-21 12:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someones trust killed the last dahak, it was out but resummoned at least once so that may be what broke it.

No way to know.
That’s not uncommon, the skirmish prevention bonus is then passed to the summoner of the trust. A few seconds later that players name is announced to all who have the elvorseal whether or not they are in range. Anyone who gets in after that will see the message with the player’s name right after the content level message. When I got in about 23min after pop that message was missing. It was already glitched at that time but I don’t believe he was at 1% yet
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-21 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

No way to know.

Anyone have the chat logs from previous spawns? Is the killing blow dealt by the player with the brew buff?
Not usually, he seems to need to be proced to become vulnerable then he can be killed, I wonder if the proc needs to be done by the one with the bonus. These are observations from about 10 Mireu fights I have attended btw. I’ll take a look at a few of my screencaps of the ending of a few of them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 19:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a great sign lol an instance of lost buff and a failure
 Asura.Jesyvut
user: Jesyvut
By Asura.Jesyvut 2021-12-21 19:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone recall what the kill streak was before it glitched today? I wonder it it's simply a mathematical limit. 16384?
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-22 09:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It
Asura.Jesyvut said: »
Does anyone recall what the kill streak was before it glitched today? I wonder it it's simply a mathematical limit. 16384?
It was 16595, I was actually camping Mireu at the time and had to log off after Naga Raja which was 16594. Quetzalcoatl would have been 16595 and Azi Dahaka (Mireu) 16596
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-12-22 09:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

d
Tokimemofan said: »
Not usually, he seems to need to be proced to become vulnerable then he can be killed, I wonder if the proc needs to be done by the one with the bonus. These are observations from about 10 Mireu fights I have attended btw. I’ll take a look at a few of my screencaps of the ending of a few of them

That would be really lame, there are plenty of circumstances I can imagine where the person with the buff can't finish the fight: death, dc, or warps out for something else. Seems lame to have the whole server dependent on one person being up and there. I wouldn't put it past SE, but I also doubt they'd be malicious enough to put something in that intentionally causes a failure or naive enough to tie the entire server to one character. If they were trying to drive participation, that's the worst thing they could do, since fewer people participate when you only get 20 points per and lose the bonus.

My feeling is that he has some kind of state that he gets locked in rarely and doesn't come out of. Does he fluctuate in and out of being invulnerable or does he just go invulnerable and never come out of it?
By Bazing 2021-12-22 10:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
My feeling is that he has some kind of state that he gets locked in rarely and doesn't come out of. Does he fluctuate in and out of being invulnerable or does he just go invulnerable and never come out of it?

I was there and with 25 min left on the clock he was already at 1%. He didn't swap back & forth.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-22 10:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people reporting this as a bug or just complaining here?
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-22 10:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bazing said: »
Asura.Iamaman said: »

I was there and with 25 min left on the clock he was already at 1%. He didn't swap back & forth.
I was there 10 minutes before you, the last Mireu is now vulnerable message was a few minutes after I arrived, btw the fastest Mireu kill I’ve seen was approximately 21min so he probably reached 1% around that time. The frequency of Mireu refused to give in messages was unusually low.
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-22 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Are people reporting this as a bug or just complaining here?
Someone reported it before I got to it, I added my own information about the issue too, would be nice if more people actually went there and added.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-12-22 10:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how buggy DI can be in general, with clients not rendering him, packet loss resulting in battle log messages going missing, chat messages going the wrong place, and so on, it wouldn't be terribly surprising if there is a bug where Mireu gets locked into some invulnerable state that he never comes out of due to a bug they can't easily reproduce.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Tokimemofan 2022-02-06 02:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Some further observations having gotten the prevention bonus twice on Mireu, in both cases my savage blade has been last 0 damage log entry in the log but the player to kill it was someone else. Not conclusive proof but it does suggest the player that gets the bonus is a factor. In a prior fight the player that had the bonus left and came back prior to the kill so the bonus itself isn’t. Of course the chat log entries aren’t always reliable
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
By Tokimemofan 2022-04-04 11:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to lose the Mireu count on Asura thanks to Razma
By GwenStacy 2022-04-04 12:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Razma
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-04-04 12:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A hero among mere mortals.
By Homsar 2022-04-04 12:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokimemofan said: »
Going to lose the Mireu count on Asura thanks to Razma

Was multiple whining topics on Reddit not enough for you?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26