users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Crossbones 2020-02-12 18:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad all those songs and rolls are gonna get overwritten by shitty trusts songs and rolls. 10/10 game design. Truly made by masters of their craft who totally play this game.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Went back after a handful of the tards left with:

RUN MNK BRD COR GEO WHM
GEO GEO GEO

Threw up precision/fury on dd pt, chaos sam, marchx2 madx2. Other geos did frailty, torpor, wilt, fade, vex, attune. Trivial to stay alive, tank and WHM almost unnecessary, and MNK was capped accuracy with decent ratio. COR accuracy was still poor, could've benefitted strongly from distract. There was one other MNK doing worthwhile damage(and a handful of retards still), and it was going down 1% every 50-80 seconds.

If anyone is going to make a coordinated attempt to kill it, less than an alliance can probably do so despite the mess of retards. Something like:

DPS DPS COR BRD GEO WHM
DPS DPS COR BRD GEO WHM
GEO GEO GEO RDM RUN

should be overkill even with significant amounts of hp scaling in play. This is without any DI gear, if you add it in obviously that's free damage. BRD will be annoyed out of their mind overwriting trust buffs.

Still horrible and going to depop more often than it dies, but if you're hoping to get a title on a small server it's certainly possible to arrange a winning group without an obscene amount of players involved. An emphasis on debuffs is important, because you can't make all the randoms buff themselves properly, but you can still help keep them contributing by piling everything available. DNC and DRG would be great as DPS.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 19:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to find a way to link that title clear to something relevant coming up so just get it done once so you're not scrambling later on. Can completely avoid it afterwards.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-12 19:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

1800 acc= capped, not sure if it was mentioned yet. 1725-1750 is probably the number

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Sidiov 2020-02-12 20:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, guys this dragon is REALLY easy with the right trick.

See AMAN Trove thread for details..
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 01:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
It just popped on Asura and within 2 mins everyone is dead from Spike Flail lol...

11 Mins into the hour and its still 99%...

Probably people should Have stop caring with dragon at this point. Either warping out or just doing with whatever gear/buff.

Another bad thing about this dragon is its random nature, so unless you stay prepped in every single fight you will waste 5/10 mins to gear, call friends, head there to fight. Its an important time that do the difference in a fight thats a dps check. Could be slightly better if unity could send an alert like 15 mins before fight.

Or do they already do? I didnt see many fights so far
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-02-13 02:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the reward would be that DI Weapons will be upgraded to its final form after killing Mireu 50 times, with its DI stats becoming permanent through AM activation.
And a Purple Glow!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-13 02:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
(and a handful of retards still)

had about about 60 hands of handful of retards earlier. Thing starts melting 2-3% per min and ofc some idiot flailed it.

we took 2 tanks when it popped gain 50 dragons later, and we made a concerted effort to keep our hate high, even our DDs, cause idiocy. However we timed out, cause it was literally 10 of us for 40mins until it's Hp finally started moving substantially.

Tl;dr induce a spike flail in the first 5mins, kill the scrubs, then 2-3 decent groups/alliances should have NP killing this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 06:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
(and a handful of retards still)

had about about 60 hands of handful of retards earlier. Thing starts melting 2-3% per min and ofc some idiot flailed it.

we took 2 tanks when it popped gain 50 dragons later, and we made a concerted effort to keep our hate high, even our DDs, cause idiocy. However we timed out, cause it was literally 10 of us for 40mins until it's Hp finally started moving substantially.

Tl;dr induce a spike flail in the first 5mins, kill the scrubs, then 2-3 decent groups/alliances should have NP killing this.

Called it.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 08:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are spike flailing Mireu because they don't understand the whole stacking on a wyrm's front feet, or just not standing behind the damn thing concept after twenty years that's pretty sad.

If people are spike flailing Mireu because they just want to grief the server that's just asshattery. Back in the fafhogg days intentionally flailing the thing to wipe the zone was a GMable offense, but the chances of any Gms actually caring enough to try to track repeat offenders to figure out who is and isn't intentionally griefing nowadays is next to literally zero.

If people are spike flailing Mireu because they're playing thief and can't stand the thought of not using sneak attack for the fight's duration then FFS sub dragoon and jump that enmity away. Seriously though, thief/dragoon is a viable job combination now post-dragoon update. A flat 7% weaponskill damage is nothing to sneeze at, and it doesn't rely on a recast timer like berserk nor does it come with a defense penalty.

But people are people and stupidity reigns. Moral of the story - if Mireu pops go do something else and save yourself the wasted time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-13 08:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience it's often just the tank trusts people call slowly working towards the back for whatever reason or being summoned and auto positioned to the back half of the NM to begin with. After enough horrid roars on real people/properly positioned tanks they'll pull hate at some point and then it's flail for everyone. Happened all the time with Azi Dahaka pre nerfs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 08:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spike Flail - one of the few things in this game NIN can walk through without any fear. I'm not going to lie, during the old Quetz when hardly anyone ever did it (before bot), I used to purposely fight behind him because he would use flail and it would wake me + trusts up, which allowed me to kill him solo rather than him doing sleepga and picking people off. It was actually a valid strategy for lowman, as that was better than a few of his other moves. Prob different story now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 08:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I didn't even think of that one. Why would you want a tank trust out when there are literally a thousand different bodies that can pull hate at any time though? If there are 200 people in the zone and each has 5 trusts out the chances of any one person taking hate for an extended period of time is pretty slim, unless of course they're actually playing a tank job and spamming enmity moves....which is fine. If all they want to do is DD they should be using healing and support trusts. But yeah, point taken. There's no way somebody won't have a tank trust or two out with that many people in zone. It's inevitable isn't it? Just more reason to stick to normal dragons and save the headache whenever mireu is up I suppose..
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-02-13 08:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Intentionally fighting behind DI wyrms and just dealing with flail over having buffs stripped or being terrorized has been a reasonable strategy for a while. Just, yeah, not really going to be the case if it's that much stronger.
[+]
 Asura.Truece
Server: Asura
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2020-02-13 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not be just stupidity or ignorance. On the potato that I play on, most of the time I don't see a dragon for the entire duration of the fight. I have no idea where I'm standing (in relation to the mob) and most of my macros and commands fail to fire. It is just a total lag fest.

That is one reason why I wouldn't want to team up with others, as Thorny suggests, especially as a healer. There's no way I could react in time to keep other players alive. I need healer trusts to react for me.

I haven't fought Mireu yet, but for now, if it spawns while I'm doing DI, I plan to just warp out.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 08:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon spawned again on Asura @39 min someone triggered spike flail killing 80% of the area causing people to leave. Only got it down to 95% in 21 minutes anyway. Unless they fix the Dragon why even bother fighting it....
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 08:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Why would you want a tank trust out when there are literally a thousand different bodies that can pull hate at any time though?

By tank, we really just mean AAEV. She's a brick wall and her cures are WHM-like. She also is notorious for having a horrible positioning logic. Like she'll run through the damn thing, turn around, and start tanking. Have seen it when engaging from the front.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 08:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In which case I'd highly advocate subbing /dragoon if you want to avoid pulling hate for this specific fight. This would be especially true if the mob never loads for you. This is one mob where controlling your hate is actually relevant.

Quote:
By tank, we really just mean AAEV. She's a brick wall and her cures are WHM-like. She also is notorious for having a horrible positioning logic. Like she'll run through the damn thing, turn around, and start tanking. Have seen it when engaging from the front.

That however..... is an unfortunate truth. I didn't originally give that much thought but it makes sense. Ick.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-02-13 09:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with new DI is it's an "equity of outcome" kinda event and not "equity of opportunity" which I feel are more ffxi standard.

New DI with "equity of outcome" you can be an afker or you can single handedly bring down the dragon and you'll still get at most 80 points a day. Everyone will get the same outcome, your gears, your skill, your knowledge of the event, even your willingness to be at your keyboard does not matter.

With old/new dyna "equity of opportunity" everyone has the same ability to enter dynamis after every x hours but when inside, how much you can get depends on how good you are at it.

I believe the design where playing doesn't matter (normal dragon pop: might as well watch something interesting on youtube and let other kill the dragons/new dragon pop: might as well watch something intersting on youtube and let other fail in killing the dragon), is why both of the new DIs are not interesting content.

I'm getting the same feeling as the Allagan Tomb of hamster wheel from this new FFXI commuting simulator event.
[+]
 Siren.Deltafoxz
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Deltafoxz 2020-02-13 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just warp out now when it shows up. I got better things to do for 60 mins then just lay there cause someone is flailing it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 09:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Deltafoxz said: »
I just warp out now when it shows up. I got better things to do for 60 mins then just lay there cause someone is flailing it.

This seems to be the general sentiment. Post about it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56445-February-2020-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
People will NEVER be able to kill this Dragon on low pop servers.

Probably not in the current state. Last night a LS mate said they had been fighting for over 40 minutes and still in the 80% range.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 09:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just deal with it.

Either you just dont do dragon, or if you do, prepare to be spike flailed.

Its something thats You cant control. If there are 100 guys there fighting for 1h, for N- reasons someone will trigger the move. It isnt just lack of knowledge or sabotage, but human mistake, game failure, TRUSTS THAT GO THERE AUTOMATICALLY, etc.

With all being said, its garanteed you will be spike flailed. So dont bother complaining. If you died its exclusively your own fault. Thats part of the challenge. Either wear some defensive gear if you can withstand the move, use shadows if you cant, or simply dont do it.

Complaining about something you have no control is like complaining why my dring dont drop, why my omen body dont drop. Its just pointless.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 09:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Probably not in the current state. Last night a LS mate said they had been fighting for over 40 minutes and still in the 80% range.

They were using trust buffs and doing nothing, I was there for 10 minutes of it and took off 10% easily despite all the trust players overwriting my songs constantly.

You need real buffs to damage it. Showing up with your trusts and engaging is just making it harder for the people who are trying to win. If it pops and you actually intend to win, team up with some of the other trust players and some of you switch to buff or heal jobs.

It'll die on Leviathan, and other small servers, when the more capable shells make an effort to show up and kill it for title.
But, if you want it to die under normal circumstances, this is what has to happen.
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 09:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If everyone had the competency, that would probably be the norm. From all the DI I've seen, people are just used to running in with trusts and winning... that or entering AFK and "winning."
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-13 09:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish at least it didn't reset HP or became weaker on subsequent repops like the old dragons did. Would like to collect the title. As it is now I feel everyone got instantly demoralized after witnessing it once or twice and it's basically unkillable on nearly all servers unless some really coordinated group can gather at a moments notice when it randomly pops up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26