First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ya, the reward is zero but its still some new content with some different challenge.

Even if there isnt anything to gain, I still feel like trying. Maybe sometime there are enough geared player there and can pull a win? Momentary satisfaction is still some kinda of reward, otherwise none would do Master Trials too.
But Master Trials are 100% doable, this Dragon is not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 11:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone said they already killed it? It's doable. Worth it is a different story.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Someone said they already killed it? It's doable. Worth it is a different story.
Who killed it? What server?????
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 11:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically if you kill this dragon basically you win FFXI. You get a flawless victory message.

Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2020-02-13 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 trial of the magians reboot - Mireu kills x10 (or 100 knowing SE)
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To beat the dragon here is the cheat code: Up Down Left Right Hold A B Start !
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 11:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
But Master Trials are 100% doable, this Dragon is not.

The dragon is doable, you just need a single alliance of capable people with the goal of providing maximum debuffs and damage. You could probably even do it without an alliance if there was enough emphasis on debuffs.

It's not going to die to 100 mnks, sams, and blus with trusts doing nothing for each other, oh no.

Phoenix killed it within 12h of maint, I believe.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
inb4 trial of the magians reboot - Mireu kills x10 (or 100 knowing SE)
Wait theres a number? That isn't SE at all kill X target till X appears in XXX
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Pantafernando said: »
That remember back when ergon weapons were released and almost none had legends.

That was a shitty way to gate content... behind something that takes that long, that many skipped because there was no real incentive to do it.

THIS.IS.HOW.THEY.OPERATE.
Everything done in iterations. You can't ever ignore anything they release because you lose in the end. If you don't keep up with dailies, you lose (money, opportunities). If you don't keep up with Gain EXP you lose money. If you don't keep dumping merits/accolades/sparks you lose money. If you're not keeping weak jobs capped, when they update them eventually and completely break them, you will lose (money, time). Nearly every single activity in this game is gated by something, and you have to do it or you are disadvantaged. So you either chalk it up and don't care, or you endure and do it and have it pay off later.

Some things, if you skip, you're just a few weeks of solid work behind. Coalitions?... 6 farkin months.

Many things like nyzul, story missions, etc can be binged. Can't binge coalitions.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
To beat the dragon here is the cheat code: Up Down Left Right Hold A B Start !

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-02-13 11:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You should call a GM ask them if they will help you beat the dragon.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-13 11:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Turtlevax said: »
Just died on Phoenix, 10 minutes left on the clock. 117 in zone at time of death.

No apparent rewards. No new vorseals from the look of it.

Gives the title of Mireu Mincer
Can only say by that, to my knowledge.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Server: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-02-13 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed it on Phoenix yesterday.

Here's screenshots from the chatlog from the kill

imgur album

I think we were 10~ from the LS there, and none of us got any rewards other than the title. There's no new vorseals to be had after 1 kill at least.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Just died on Phoenix, 10 minutes left on the clock. 117 in zone at time of death.

No apparent rewards. No new vorseals from the look of it.

Gives the title of Mireu Mincer

Data mine will tell you the title. But did they actually kill it or just troll the thread?
Ya this is no evidence and we've seen how hard this fight is. Also 117 people in zone doesn't not mean 117 fighting the Dragon.
By Mattelot 2020-02-13 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
You should call a GM ask them if they will help you beat the dragon.

Man, that reminds me of when that one LS beat AV by glitching it in terrain. The GM who watched them called it "clever use of terrain" but other similar times, the guild gets the win taken back or banned.

Also 117 people in zone doesn't not mean 117 fighting the Dragon.

I wonder if AFKers will still get the same credit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 11:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed it on Phoenix yesterday.

Here's screenshots from the chatlog from the kill

imgur album

I think we were 10~ from the LS there, and none of us got any rewards other than the title. There's no new vorseals to be had after 1 kill at least.
Thanks for the clarify. So there is NO reason to throw waves after waves of people at it for nothing....

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting "Mireu refused to give in" messages at the end.

Cheap *** refused to drop his reward.

Inb4 its linked to that enigmatic message in the digest (keep the chain).

That message could mean there is something behind the dragon.
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
Server: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-02-13 12:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He was sitting at 1% when the "Refused to give in" messages showed up. My damage dropped to 0 right after, and he stayed at 1% for a little while before finally dying.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 13:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thanks for the clarify. So there is NO reason to throw waves after waves of people at it for nothing....

Too bad this is an open world content event where anyone on the server can join at any time huh? It's impossible to stop more people from signing up and calling trusts mid fight. Telling them they don't belong there because it makes things harder doesn't exactly work. You can't weight one person's DI progress over another. The AFKers are the ones who really make things difficult anyway, but apart from flailing them away there's really not much you can do about it. And even if they do get flailed the mob dies slow enough that if they're semi-attentive they may still notice they got sent to their home point and have time to return before the fight is finished, putting you right back at square one. Plus, that also means that flail is going off and that alone makes things more complicated. Mireu is just a design mess. It baffles me how they can make some systems so balanced and well thought out, and then other times they throw this kinda stuff at us.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Too bad this is an open world content event where anyone on the server can join at any time huh? It's impossible to stop more people from signing up and calling trusts mid fight. Telling them they don't belong there because it makes things harder doesn't exactly work. You can't weight one person's DI progress over another. The AFKers are the ones who really make things difficult anyway, but apart from flailing them away there's really not much you can do about it. And even if they do get flailed the mob dies slow enough that if they're semi-attentive they may still notice they got sent to their home point and have time to return before the fight is finished, putting you right back at square one. Plus, that also means that flail is going off and that alone makes things more complicated. Mireu is just a design mess. It baffles me how they can make some systems so balanced and well thought out, and then other times they throw this kinda stuff at us.
I only said it was not worth the effort to go after a title. Goddamn I never said anything about what you just rattled off. I wasn't telling anyone they don't belong.....

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-13 14:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Most will agree that majority going don't belong. No sense candy coating that majority coming just hinder the content.
Funny the content shows ilvl119 when it clearly it is not, showing a higher difficulty read out might deter some from joining. The most hindering thing is SE adding this Dragon in the 1st place lol
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-13 14:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I only said it was not worth the effort to go after a title. Goddamn I never said anything about what you just rattled off. I wasn't telling anyone they don't belong.....

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point was that we have proof Mireu can be killed with a dedicated effort from a coordinated group of individuals, and that in this case "less is more". The more people you throw at it, the harder it becomes. This is especially true when you have AFK'ers. In practice you won't have a coordinated effort though, you'll just have a haphazard mess. Coordinating a couple hundred people when most have no connection to one another is impossible. So killing this thing is an unneccesary headache.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No one goes to a DI fight wanting to do Mireu, they go intending to fight the original 3. Mireu is literally just bad luck.

it's a full stop, not a boon

If for some fullretard reason they tie the title to something, brew it later.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26