users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Packetgate - Results
Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 30 31
By fonewear 2019-11-30 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Introducing raw gil straight drives the price of everything down, including gil. There's no comparison here.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, and I once had an economics teacher who couldn't pronounce "entrepreneur."

Gil prices go down, the price of everything else goes up because people have more gil to waste.

I prefer my gil medium rare.
By fonewear 2019-11-30 12:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Raw gil plus duped medals = spicy drama !
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-30 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, and I once had an economics teacher who couldn't pronounce "entrepreneur."

Gil prices go down, the price of everything else goes up because people have more gil to waste.

The price of gil, in $, goes down. The price of anything else, in gil, goes up by a lesser proportion because the amount of people buying gil is a subset of all players. Thus, the price of anything in $ goes down.

When duping medals, the price of plain gil, in $, goes down. The price of medals, in $, goes down. The price of many other items in $ is minimally or not at all effected when compared to generating gil because their AH price rises proportionally.

If you want to insult based on an out of context quote, that's your perogative, but I explained it in the very next post.
By fonewear 2019-11-30 12:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how the economy works all I know is more gil equals more shiny.

Shiny is good.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-11-30 13:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How do you pronounce entrepeneur anyway?

en·tre·pre·neur

aan·
truh·
pruh·
noor
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-11-30 13:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"I sell e-sen-shull oils"
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-30 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »

"I sell e-sen-shull oils"
Legit best comment out of 25 pages.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-30 13:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The hell is with the nerdrage in this thread?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-30 14:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

The price of gil, in $, goes down. The price of anything else, in gil, goes up by a lesser proportion because the amount of people buying gil is a subset of all players. Thus, the price of anything in $ goes down.

When duping medals, the price of plain gil, in $, goes down. The price of medals, in $, goes down. The price of many other items in $ is minimally or not at all effected when compared to generating gil because their AH price rises proportionally.

If you want to insult based on an out of context quote, that's your perogative, but I explained it in the very next post.

Technically correct in the 1st part but nor quite in the 2nd part but I think you are making it confusing for the average people to understand.

1st part:

When the "price of gil" goes down, it means that gil is now less valuable than it was before. That means you can get more gil for your loot, services and crafts. The reverse is also true. It now takes more gil to buy loot, mats, crafts and mercenary services.

Hence, it would take more gil to exchange for $1 since gil has become less valuable.

2nd part:

When you dupe medals, you will have more medals (obviously) than normal. If you flood the market with medals then your medal price would tank to the bottom.

Provided all else equal (nothing else changed except more medals) then the "price of gil" would go up. This is because medals would be cheaper as medal price tanked to the bottom.

Therefore you could buy more medals with the same amount of gil and therefore gil would be more valuable (just a little bit) compare to everything but much more valuable compare to medals.

However, the overall effect depends on how the medal sellers going to use their gil. If they store all the gil in 1bil-gil mules then everyone would have less gil as people are filling their moggles with medals in exchange for gil. Therefore gil would be more valuable overall and the price people pay for goods, loots, mats, services would be lower. On the other hand, if the medal sellers manage to sell all their gil and the gil buyers use up the gil quickly then gil value would remain the same.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-30 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dudes smoked bad packets.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-30 23:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop a like on this one if you agree.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54750-%E9%80%9A%E5%A0%B1%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%82%82RMT%E6%A5%AD%E8%80%85%E3%81%A0%E3%82%89%E3%81%91%E3%81%AB%E3%81%AA%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B/page44

Es1 - Escrow
Quote:
I want you to announce the server name and character name of the character whose account has been stripped.
Lack of credibility whether it really corresponds.
Or, honestly I can't trust it, so I want you to make it public as a way to gain trust.

A list of who gets banned, instead of making ***up as they go inflating the numbers. (it will literally, literally never happen. but I want it to happen)
By spengler 2019-11-30 23:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So then it would be a bunch of gibberish names and you would say they are making that up too.

There is some sort of learning disability going on. People tried to explain to you for 6 pages why you botting Sparks is more harmful than any amount of medals and you refused. Several people confirmed multiple ban waves happened and you denied them. You yourself got banned and yet you boisterously say SE doesn't do anything.

You should just stop while you're insanely far behind.
By kishr 2019-12-01 00:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a ***.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-01 00:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Who gives a ***.
i do.

i like the idea of beeing able to tell who got banned or stripped of items for what particular offense but in order to be effective it must also list the players main account, not just some annonymous mules.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-01 00:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For what? Like what is the point? They going to make another account with a different name so shaming accounts you won't see again is pretty pointless.
By Shichishito 2019-12-01 00:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the point is once they made a new account chances are they'll try to get back in touch with their former buddies. either they'll state upfront who they are in hopes to get benefits like free power leveling or their personality will eventually give it away.

not to mention the satisfaction of a cheater getting unmasked and humiliated in the social media of choice. *coughdupenaughtscough*
By kishr 2019-12-01 00:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Grow a pussy and get out the basement. Noone gives a ***.
This is pure *** giving a *** about who or what.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-01 00:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I dig the name-and-shame. Liked that post.
[+]
By kishr 2019-12-01 01:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is about how to make beast master great again.
By Shichishito 2019-12-01 01:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grow a pussy and get out the basement. Noone gives a ***.
This is pure *** giving a *** about who or what.
worried it could affect you or why the hard feelings?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-12-01 01:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No I agree with him, no one gives a *** about this ***. You guys treat this game like a *** soap opera. *** *** log off lol
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-12-01 01:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if you genuinely believe nobody gave a f**k why would you side against it? if you aren't cheating you'd be fine and if you are cheating you'd still be fine because "nobody gives a f**k".
By Pantafernando 2019-12-01 02:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
So then it would be a bunch of gibberish names and you would say they are making that up too.

There is some sort of learning disability going on. People tried to explain to you for 6 pages why you botting Sparks is more harmful than any amount of medals and you refused. Several people confirmed multiple ban waves happened and you denied them. You yourself got banned and yet you boisterously say SE doesn't do anything.

You should just stop while you're insanely far behind.

More harmful for your “business”, lets be clear here.

You me nor none here is actually fighting for a better game.

You can discuss how immoral, lazy, or whatever is botting spark/accolade. But saying its “harmful” certainly its not for the game otherwise you would be denying years that we are seeing that and the game is almost unchanged to most.

On the other hand, just needed one *** exaggerating on medals duping for its price to drop on some servers. Just think if not one but a dozen of people could dupe with no restriction, we would see in short time medals below 100k? That would kill the dyna content in like 90% (only relevant for clears).

Imo killing content is the very definition of harmful to game.

EDIT: and killing content is what mercing does but lets stop here
[+]
By kishr 2019-12-01 08:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Suck my pussy *** hole, Noone gives a ***.
*** your comment, *** this thread and
*** *** all the ***you think you could say.
Go *** your grandmother after she gives you cookies in your
*** off basement too. *** this topic.
By kishr 2019-12-01 08:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Suck my pussy *** hole, Noone gives a ***.
*** your comment, *** this thread and
*** *** all the ***you think you could say.
Go *** your grandmother after she gives you cookies in your
*** off basement too. *** this topic.
Yep
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-12-01 08:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
if you genuinely believe nobody gave a f**k why would you side against it? if you aren't cheating you'd be fine and if you are cheating you'd still be fine because "nobody gives a f**k".

Cause it's stupid as ***. Wtf are you keyboard warriors gonna actually do bully someone online with that information? Grow a *** pair, get a life and get the *** off the computer for Christ sake. You must live a awesome life looking for info to bully or shame people with. I bet you get your *** beat on the regular.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-12-01 09:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Solsovly

they really didnt try too hard to catch all the people with suspicious amounts of duped items huh

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 29 30 31