Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-16 17:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Dexterm said: »
I’d like to know why if windower people knew about it since August like Elidyr says, why none of them reported it.

You know why, but I'm all for actually hearing it from them.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had reported it and SE deleted the report with the stack of STF botting reports.

I'm sure they would claim that, knowing that no one can check them on it. Everyone's all good when it can't be proven.

The more likely, used it themselves and/or don't care enough to bother reporting it.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-16 17:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I had a funny thought. I wonder if they had an English speaker translating my memes to them, as well as the information that was provided. If so... that's awesome.
I would almost feel bad for them at this point...
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-16 17:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Draylo said: »
Given the fact they admitted to seeing the unofficial fan sites for information, I'm glad the second thread was allowed to stay up. It was really not a good idea to delete it like that given in the past SE has also said they look at these sites too for info from players. I'm sure before they checked the site they already had the reports, but it helped to corroborate them.

The original thread was taken down as the result of massive reporting against it, and because it contained wide scale references to RMT/bug abuse, and the like. It wasn't an insane decision and I stand with the judgment of the moderator that did it.

Once it became obvious how large the scope of this really was, we decided to leave the second thread up, and then unearth (but lock) the original thread for the full historical context.

We have rules; extraordinary circumstances can affect the application of those rules, because we are people, not algorithms. We don't - and can't - get everything resolved in a way that everyone will like 100% of the time. But I think we got this one as right as we could, and tried to be as transparent as possible about the process.

As always, if you have feedback about the process, send complaints to Kojo.

Sometimes on a ship out for a long deployment, a fight can break out. Some of the better COs let the fight run its course, knowing his sailors need to burn off some excess energy as well as sort things out for themselves. Doesn't mean the Captain won't step in if someone pulls a knife, but it does mean as long as the fight doesn't exceed certain parameters its better to let it burn out on its own.

Thanks for being a good CO in this situation.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2019-11-16 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Draylo said: »
Given the fact they admitted to seeing the unofficial fan sites for information, I'm glad the second thread was allowed to stay up. It was really not a good idea to delete it like that given in the past SE has also said they look at these sites too for info from players. I'm sure before they checked the site they already had the reports, but it helped to corroborate them.

The original thread was taken down as the result of massive reporting against it, and because it contained wide scale references to RMT/bug abuse, and the like. It wasn't an insane decision and I stand with the judgment of the moderator that did it.

Once it became obvious how large the scope of this really was, we decided to leave the second thread up, and then unearth (but lock) the original thread for the full historical context.

We have rules; extraordinary circumstances can affect the application of those rules, because we are people, not algorithms. We don't - and can't - get everything resolved in a way that everyone will like 100% of the time. But I think we got this one as right as we could, and tried to be as transparent as possible about the process.

Sometimes on a ship out for a long deployment, a fight can break out. Some of the better COs let the fight run its course, knowing his sailors need to burn off some excess energy as well as sort things out for themselves. Doesn't mean the Captain won't step in if someone pulls a knife, but it does mean as long as the fight doesn't exceed certain parameters its better to let it burn out on its own.

Thanks for being a good CO in this situation.

Well, it's not just me. All decisions were made with the moderation team; I was just the public face for a lot of it because people are less likely to argue with a red bar than a green one. Thankya, though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2019-11-16 17:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they make it so you could withdraw more medals than you stored again or something?

Classic SE.every NPC starts with a vulnerability. Most of the time they just patch and don't ban though, so the difference in they way they found out probably cause the difference in reaction.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-16 17:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

the tl:dr was any item that an npc would take, but give back, you could turn into 99

Could also trade gil and get back more gil, thorny did a write up of it

it did... irreparable damage
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-16 17:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d like to know why if windower people knew about it since August like Elidyr says, why none of them reported it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had reported it and SE deleted the report with the stack of STF botting reports.

I'm sure they would claim that, knowing that no one can check them on it. Everyone's all good when it can't be proven.

The more likely, used it themselves and/or don't care enough to bother reporting it.
First one.

They'd lose their job or, at best, their account, why would they do that lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-16 18:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And nudes.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-16 18:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
First one.

They'd lose their job or, at best, their account, why would they do that lol.
pretty sure he meant windower people
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-16 18:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Did they make it so you could withdraw more medals than you stored again or something?

Classic SE.every NPC starts with a vulnerability. Most of the time they just patch and don't ban though, so the difference in they way they found out probably cause the difference in reaction.

If you put the same index in all 8 trade slots of an outgoing 0x36, it'd think you gave it 8x as many items as you did (or whatever you modified the quantities to, as long as you had at least as many as the highest quantity specified). So you could do all sorts of insane ***with it, not just one NPC. This was a gigantic gamewide exploit that could be used on damn near anything.

Obviously any NPC that either stores or returns items, you could straight duplicate infinite of.
By Shichishito 2019-11-16 18:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the next big exploit involves moogles.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2019-11-16 18:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth, we miss you.
Come back!
[+]
By Nsane 2019-11-16 18:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dinotron
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2019-11-16 19:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We take the integrity of the game very seriously.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-16 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised as I've watched them do it before. And there were the times when people brought of things they said that they later went back on so they deleted the proof... but I'd bet a small enough group there's a decent chance people kept it to themselves
By Viciouss 2019-11-16 19:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What?? They banned 45 people, but let fonewear get away??

/flips tables.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-16 20:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a coincidence then that person "C" from said "team" managed to buy a +2 neck and some +1 Su3 gear recently? Seems awfully suspicious to me. This is someone I know who doesn't actively make gil in game and leeches off friends.

If you're trying to discredit someone based on ~100m of purchases, you've already lost. It's possible windower people knew and didn't say anything, but I don't believe it to be the case, and if it was Chiaia was absolutely not part of it.

100m is nothing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Hismena
By Bahamut.Hismena 2019-11-16 20:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
What?? They banned 45 people, but let fonewear get away??

/flips tables.

You can have this upvote.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-16 20:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a coincidence then that person "C" from said "team" managed to buy a +2 neck and some +1 Su3 gear recently? Seems awfully suspicious to me. This is someone I know who doesn't actively make gil in game and leeches off friends.

I guess I expected windower ppl to "care" more about the game and economy, and specifically one person mentioned, since their friends sell dynamis drops to make money and one of their friends is super vanilla. But this is why I left that group.

So maybe it's more personal, but it seems too much conflicting morals or whatever you want to call it. Maybe it's just me.
I didn't know about the exploit till Thorny posted it.

IDK where he said he let any of us know about it in Windower. His moogle slip addon was posted in Februry but none of us knew it had messed up code and by itself I don't think it could do the exploit it just happened to have the bad packet data in it while it tried trading slips. I've never looked at the code. Now I was asked to pull the link to said addon after the Aurix ??? was already removed for Ru'Lude gardens.

The way I made my gil lately has been I did ambu a few months back on on my two characters that also was the same month when lvl 1 characters were able to buy it for 1m-1.5m per run because every RDM(en-spell methopd) and PUP was soloing it. So of course I took every mule I had and made a few mil profit per run. Also Sora(mules) since you know who that is. I also always sell my Mar's and Vesus orbs each month.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-16 20:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He asked me to remove the Feb link after Aurix ??? was already removed.

I was not asked to remove that post from 08/27/2019 post and was never told about it nor saw that it was actually posted in Windower's discord. The content there doesn't even tell us anything else if it was. Like under what conditions . . .

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-16 20:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]