First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 29 30 31
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 20:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Don't forget about relic upgrades. Some people probably bought duped medals then immediately upgraded a half dozen pieces. Better take those too, and it'd be a whole lot of work to return them their 119 pieces and other mats, so we'll just delete the +3s and let them redo dyna1 and rem's tales.
^ Absolutely, *** em. They knew. They get punished.

Paged. Ugh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2019-11-29 20:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the exploit was used for MUCH more than medals, SE should just go ahead and wipe the whole game as was already suggested.

Gil could be duped -- better remove anything that is associated with that
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-29 20:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Start giving repercussions.

Not bans
that's not how SE does things. They want to burn through multiple cheaters per minute, or simply ignore them until they're worth a quick banhammer.
When they say they will do whatever is necessary up to and including banning. They mean to say the banhammer looks an awful lot like a k.club with 2~8 bans per second.

You aren't going to burn through characters that fast if you're forcing them to drop items while leaving the character itself intact.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 20:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Scorched *** earth.

Chimerawizard said: »
You aren't going to burn through characters that fast if you're forcing them to drop items while leaving the character itself intact.

it's not about "burning characters" it's about punishment. Taking everything but making them still play is a hilarious fair punishment.

Life time bans (for anything, honestly) are unreasonable (*within reason, swearing, really life time ban. come on). (but they aren't really you can start a new account*)
 Asura.Xanders
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 20:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we should just dupe the servers and take the damn thing 100% private! .... lol DSP the original duper! J/K (Not that i wouldn't die laughing if someone wrecked the Nasomi economy with this)

At some point this comes full circle to the bottom line. It effected Thorny's which brought it to light, but don't forget SE is in business to make money. The more accounts they ban the more that cuts into revenue. While sub fee seem small they do add up quickly, and killing a couple hundred subs is payroll for someone for a year.

That 1 less dev to create new content, 1 less person taking support calls, 1 less person on STF, etc..

A lot of the ppl hit over this were long time players with multiple accounts. The majority of which are not returning.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-29 20:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish their 'ban' policy was to hit a reset button on the character.

You go around cheating like it's 2015. Next thing you see, is the opening scene. Once it finishes. You're character is back in town, wearing an onion weapon and starter equipment. no missions done. no spells learned. no items in inventory.
You're character's been RESET!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 21:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You go around cheating like it's 2015. Next thing you see, are the opening scene. Once it finishes. You're character is back in town, wearing an onion weapon and starter equipment. no missions done. no spells learned. no items in inventory.

That's honestly exactly what their current ban policy is.... Only difference being you get to keep your name.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 21:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You go around cheating like it's 2015. Next thing you see, are the opening scene. Once it finishes. You're character is back in town, wearing an onion weapon and starter equipment. no missions done. no spells learned. no items in inventory.

Throw in some sort of serverwide notice, too.

"You see a player named Eiryl fly past, followed by an abrupt crash in the direction of [Southern San d'Oria]."
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-29 21:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
spengler said: »
i love how you think you're somebody/anyone cares about your ability to use tools others created. it's cute.
As long as you hide behind a sock account you can pretend to be able to do anything. All we know about you is that you begged Elidyr for free medals... so if you could make tools then surely you would, rather than beg Elidyr for them?

you're really dumb dude, you're starr right?

if i said who i was it would mean the same to you as "spengler" i have never posted on ffxiah in my life.. several people who know me off ffxiah have confirmed this
It's easy to throw insults around when you're noone but c'mon dumbass, try and address the points raised. You are trying to call him out for "just using tools others made" - implying you are some elite hacker when all you did is lick Elidyrs *** for some free medals, and now openly admit you're a noone. If you're a noone then why do you act like you know me, or Draylo? You say "noone is famous" in FFXI but you act like you know us, when we have no idea who you are. What does this say about you?
generally people know who someone is because of something stupid they did, as is your and draylos' cases
By Draylo 2019-11-29 21:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine if they charged an unban fee of like 50 bucks, I bet they would make so much money lol. Has any MMO done that?

I'm actually impressed with how quick SE has reacted so far, even going as far as using this as an opportunity to clean things up for a while lol. There are still people with caches of these things, that I know personally, but I am not worried as much as I am with the constant 24/7 bots tbh. Next is to hit those shield sphere bots, then maybe it will matter.

Quote:
i love how you think you're somebody/anyone cares about your ability to use tools others created. it's cute.
As long as you hide behind a sock account you can pretend to be able to do anything. All we know about you is that you begged Elidyr for free medals... so if you could make tools then surely you would, rather than beg Elidyr for them?

you're really dumb dude, you're starr right?

if i said who i was it would mean the same to you as "spengler" i have never posted on ffxiah in my life.. several people who know me off ffxiah have confirmed this

So you're a nobody who loves being a drama queen, guess my assumption was right. You don't have a leg to stand on attacking people randomly with personal attacks, maybe you should calm down kid. You can get your point across without looking like a rabid dog.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 21:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I got banned here 9 years ago, BG 10 years ago and you're acting like me trolling when I was mostly a teenager means anything.

i mean, i'm not getting into your argument with spengler, but isn't this exactly what you do to me all the time?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 21:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not really a good argument........

Everyone knows it's only ok to pick on draylo
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 21:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair going back and forth with Thorny you can at least count on an intelligent and entertaining conversation.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-29 21:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny, Draylo, Scragg, Ladyofhonor, Toralin are the only names that I even recognise from game or forums that post on this site. Everyone else is new to game or forums.

this is the biggest pile of *** here and you know it.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 21:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it's a pretty short list in general, but if frod was talking about himself he hasn't said anything of content/value on xi or here in a good 5 years anyway
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 21:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Except for the monthly SMN Burn all the things yell lol.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-29 22:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you drunk Eiryl?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 22:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just mildly annoyed. Constant bitching about the games economy for 10 *** years, and the biggest exploit to ever exist (for money) literally no one cares.

So I better not see anyone bitching about the economy in any capacity after this.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-29 22:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest potential exploit because not every server noticed any change in medals price.
By Shichishito 2019-11-30 01:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure only Shichishito cares, and most of us have him either blocked or passively ignore most of what he says anyway.
/sigh, what did i say that hurt your feelings again?

whining for the sake of whining on here isn't going to help.
Take people's medals they paid gil for and give them nothing? Ban people? These aren't good PR.
but thumb twiddling is going to move mountains and produce good PR?
remember when the internet cyber bullied paramount to rework sonics design?

by the way, if SE has automated bot/pos hacking detection, can someone explain me why it was turned off in the first place?
By Draylo 2019-11-30 01:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably because it was banning too many people, so they just wanted to send a message without losing subs which is their money.
By Shichishito 2019-11-30 01:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
so they just wanted to send a message
pointless endeavor if the ppl addressed can't read.

do RMT have a snitch in SE headquaters or how do they know how far they can go while it is active?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-30 05:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just mildly annoyed. Constant bitching about the games economy for 10 *** years, and the biggest exploit to ever exist (for money) literally no one cares.

So I better not see anyone bitching about the economy in any capacity after this.

lolno. medal duping isn't even in the top 5 for worst ***. zero new gil was introduced into the economy.

there have been numerous dupe anything exploits. an infinite gil exploit or two.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-30 05:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This was infinite gil. Medals were just the main attraction. And even after the fix trillions of fake gil are still in play due to inept task force.

You can only hold 2 billion gil. But you can hold sixty thousand medals worth 3m each. That's significantly more than a measly 2 billion.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-11-30 05:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This was infinite gil. Medals were just the main attraction. And even after the fix trillions of fake gil are still in play due to inept task force.

You can only hold 2 billion gil. But you can hold one hundred thousand medals worth 3m each. That's significantly more than a measly 2 billion.

medals sold on the AH are not new gil.

Sparks bots converting ***into NPCable items for 2 mil a turn in is new gil and at scale causes mass inflation.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-30 05:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont give a *** about created gil. Give a *** about 3 quadrillion gil that shouldn't exist in the form of su5.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 29 30 31