Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-29 19:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Fake medals mixed in with the real supply, tough ***, they all go if they can't distinguish.
If they're from the AH I personally believe the opposite they all stay and tuff ***. The ones from Thorny and the dude the next day. Yea those all should be taken away.

You're just telling everyone it's ok to dupe if you launder it on the AH.
We can agree to disagree then but I do like what Thorny just said about other factors playing into the checks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that there ARE NO CHECKS thats the problem. They aren't removing ANY of the medals.

Not all the medals
Not most of the medals
Not some of the medals
Not a few of the medals
ZERO OF THE MEDALS

Unacceptable.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-11-29 19:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I said I liked the idea not that SE was actually getting off their *** and actually doing them...
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 19:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

they removed 8000 medals on velision or whatever tf his name was, proven and verified

they removed ~800 medals or the results of those medals when they banned aquatiq

the two other likely people to deserve a ban are both offline and have yet to make any verified AH listings, so unless you've seen them on you have no grounds to say they weren't banned

they may have removed 0 medals by your standards, but i have no problem believing they removed most if not all of the medals that should have been removed (obviously we disagree on what should've been removed)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Your taru? Thats not removing medals. "removing the medals" is the 10,000 he sold, not the ones he was holding.

Aquatiq put the medals on a mule and is still selling them, thats why he's not here talking anymore. That's 3billion gil, more than enough to start new, buy literally everything and be untouchable as long as he keeps his mouth shut.

"those sellers" are always offline. They are mules. They only come online to add more items to the house.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 19:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Your taru? Thats not removing medals.
I mean, he had 8000 medals, and now he doesn't, they have been removed.

Aquatiq put the medals on a mule and is still selling them, thats why he's not here talking anymore.
Do you have any evidence for this? He's gonna retire on a bit over 2b worth of medals, so he doesn't want to blow up his spot? Sounds a bit ridiculous.

"those sellers" are always offline. They are mules. They only come online to add more items to the house.
Well, Azeran only needs one more sale on AH to verify his existance and Dragonsrage only needs a few, so I guess time will give us an answer eventually. Until then, not much we can do besides wait and speculate.

Really though, I don't get why you're so worked up about it to begin with. The market can absorb a whole lot more medals than that, it was happening nonstop until it got fixed and nobody noticed until the last few weeks.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked up about it not because square is doing nothing (that's standard) But because no one gives a ***.

The house is on fire and everything is still fine jpeg

You'll all *** about OP jobs for years, but hundreds of billions of duped gil, ohfuckinwell.dontcare

You're(not you, literally) going to *** nonstop about me not being banned starting tomorrow, but the medals are "fine, just fine"
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between not giving a *** and realizing your ability to influence it is limited and raising your blood pressure over it only hurts yourself.

The actual impact of any remaining medals is minimal. They are not able to be distributed in any widespread manner without getting bans. They can't be used frivolously, as no more can be made. Some regular players(probably some RMT too) made a couple billion gil off of reselling them, sure. Why does it matter?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the apathy. You're all supposed to care. If you stop being apathetic force them to do something.

And no, what's being done right now is not "something" it's *** and you're eating it up.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 19:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're(not you, literally) going to *** nonstop about me not being banned starting tomorrow, but the medals are "fine, just fine"

Pretty sure only Shichishito cares, and most of us have him either blocked or passively ignore most of what he says anyway.

The medals are all in your head, there are only as many medals hurting anything as anyone believes there are, so it's only as big a problem as you choose to think it is. We aren't going to get clear ban lists from SE, nor a list of what medals they missed. We have literally no way of knowing.

If you want to raise a fuss on the OF and demand SE remove all medals I'm sure some people would support it. If they find and remove more as a result, great. It's just that you're the only person who is sitting there believing it's a huge problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It IS a huge problem lol. I get that you don't care, you get to make unlimited money from (buying) the duped medals (as synthesis materials), you didn't have to do any work. But everyone else, where is their apathy coming from.

It's an obvious problem.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 19:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, I don't care if 30 people each got 500 medals and weren't banned. They will still be gone in a matter of a month or two, medals are consumable and have one of the highest flow rates of all popular item.

You realize people doing statue crusher campaign in a group of 18 can pull over 50 of each medal with just a couple CORs and an ally full of tard chars? Despite this being active, and residual medals, price has still gone up. The sky isn't falling. Things were bad, they are currently getting better.
By spengler 2019-11-29 19:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this conversation. Eiryl screaming SE does nothing while he's banned.

The influx of medals is way less harmful than you botting Sparks 24/7. If you duped 9 million medals it still wouldn't add as much Gil to the economy as you do in 1 day.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 19:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't going to flood the market with a hundred thousand duped medals, trickle out of the next year. As soon as statue crusher ends and there are still dozens of medals month after month after month.

spengler said: »
I love this conversation. Eiryl screaming SE does nothing while he's banned.

The influx of medals is way less harmful than you botting Sparks 24/7. If you duped 9 million medals it still wouldn't add as much Gil to the economy as you do in 1 day.

I know you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but are you that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? You think one guy botting sparks is WORSE than the duped medals, holy *** ***.

And again, I. AM. NOT. Banned. Merely a 3 day "slap on the wrist" gonna have to say:
Draylo Voice
Quote:
It was worth it
Couple hundred grand for a 3 day "vacation"
By L0ki79 2019-11-29 19:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth all of the ppl i know of who were banned in the second round had nothing to do with medals. They used the same exploit on different NPC's. The medal dupers were taken out in round 1 (at least the major ones), this seemed aimed at Oboro, Empy Crate, Omen Cards, Sphere's, Silver Vouchers, etc.

Not that i have all the info but that's what i have gathered from those i have talked to. Worth stating out of those 10-12 ppl none were banned for purchasing, selling medals. So those bans may still be in the works, or not coming at all. Given the warning from SE I suspect they are not out of the woods yet.
By spengler 2019-11-29 20:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Another person confirming more bans that eiryl will ignore.

Eiryl, you're a class act moron. Do the world a favor and quit posting here.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 20:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

L0ki79 said: »
Worth stating out of those 10-12 ppl none were banned for purchasing, selling medals.

*blindna* > you

Post deleted by User.
By spengler 2019-11-29 20:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The medals don't create gil though? Converting sparks makes new gil (causes inflation). Surely sparks farming on 12 chars is more damaging then preventing some gil from being converted into non-sellable gear.
He won't realize this. He's a retard
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 20:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it as value. How much gil is a spark bot worth. 10m a day (ignoring gain-money)

How much gil is a BILLION medals worth. 3 quadrillion gil. as raw materials. 10 octillion gil as Su5.

And I hate to break it to you, but I'm not the only spark bot. Just the only famous one.
 Asura.Xanders
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 20:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point if your doing anything wrong you better lube up and expect to get ****'ed. SE seems to be out to make an example out of anyone and everyone to prove a point.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 20:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably some bias there though, considering he's in the group that had the exploit.. so the folk he knows are going to be the ones who were using it. All I'd take away from that is that they banned people who used the exploit on other NPCs, not that they didn't ban anyone else.

I still say Aquatiq disappearing that day is pretty strong indication that they were nuking linked chars. If he had the exploit, why would he buy so many of my medals..?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 20:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Probably some bias there though, considering he's in the group that had the exploit.. so the folk he knows are going to be the ones who were using it. All I'd take away from that is that they banned people who used the exploit on other NPCs, not that they didn't ban anyone else.

100% correct. Just going off what i heard from the people i knew of. Other's could have been banned for other actions. I can say that some of the ppl i know of who bought medals in large quantity have been left alone thus far.

Honestly, I did not expect to see a second wave of ban's. I was obviously wrong on that one so not going to guess one way or the other just stating the facts i know at this point.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-29 20:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xanders said: »
At this point if your doing anything wrong you better lube up and expect to get ****'ed. SE seems to be out to make an example out of anyone and everyone to prove a point.

See you're falling for it. That's what they want. Rule by fear, but take no action. Take a couple out for an example and pray that everyone else forgets so they don't have to do actual work.

And it's *** working. That's embarrassing.

Asura.Xanders said: »
I can say that some of the ppl i know of who bought medals in large quantity have been left alone thus far.

DirectX said: »
Well if you make random numbers up like "1 billion medals" then of course it can be argued as worse than 12 sparks bots.

No concrete numbers but it's not an unreasonable amount (1 billion) considering the scope and the years it was active. and how fast shields can "make evidence disappear"
 Asura.Xanders
By Asura.Xanders 2019-11-29 20:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

See you're falling for it. That's what they want. Rule by fear, but take no action. Take a couple out for an example and pray that everyone else forgets so they don't have to do actual work.

And it's *** working. That's embarrassing.

I mean if your doing dirty **** bad things happen, just the nature of things. That said, some of us have gotten used to some tools like Tako and EasyFarm being part of daily play and they don't seem safe atm. That may or may not be the case, but better safe than sorry.
By spengler 2019-11-29 20:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it as value. How much gil is a spark bot worth. 10m a day (ignoring gain-money)

How much gil is a BILLION medals worth. 3 quadrillion gil. as raw materials. 10 octillion gil as Su5.

And I hate to break it to you, but I'm not the only spark bot. Just the only famous one.
i love how you think you're somebody/anyone cares about your ability to use tools others created. it's cute.

yeah if a billion medals were inserted directly into the economy su5 value would not drop. the sheer lack of understanding on how markets work is astounding.

no wonder you're willing to get paid min wage to make new characters on FFXI, mcdonalds isn't much better.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 29 30 31