Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 29 30 31
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 16:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq posts on here, did he get banned?

Judging by his page, yes, PM button is gone, so, can't ask him directly. He bought a "bunch" of the medals. Would love to hear from him.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 16:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

His page says 'it's been real' and he bought the most of anyone from my taru, maybe not thousands but definitely a lot. I'd say if he's not on within a week and doesn't respond it's not a leap to assume he was banned.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 16:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing, he was actively posting, and just dips out, that's lame. How about some resolution. Was it because of the medals, or was it the "rmt sale" he "pretended" to "intercept" was he duping too? It requires answers!

always left half jacked off. never any closure. I want the STF to post names.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-27 16:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they ban someone who made purchases from a bazaar? Never even heard of that, so I doubt its that.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 16:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Why would they ban someone who made purchases from a bazaar? Never even heard of that, so I doubt its that.

They will ban a person for having a large amount of duped goods that were moved from the duper, because there is no way to guarantee the dupe mule wasn't him.

Otherwise, I could have just sold myself all the medals on the cheap and kept them forever. It's easy enough to mask IP/payment/etc. So, even though he isn't me, by buying as many as he did he likely got himself caught up in it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the thing, he was actively posting, and just dips out, that's lame. How about some resolution. Was it because of the medals, or was it the "rmt sale" he "pretended" to "intercept" was he duping too? It requires answers!
Not like SE would tell him why even if he cared to come forward, but given all the bans that recently went out are people tied to the dupers.. it seems pretty likely that's why if he's gone.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah obviously square doesn't say what you did, but he would know. And I want to know. Because the narrative is that he only bought medals. But so did a ton of other people. So he "bought too many" so we know what the "cross the line amount" is.

Or is that all *** and he only bought them because they were easy money, after duping anyway.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 16:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly what needed to happen. Delete (ALL) the medals and everything they became. Leave the characters. The real punishment is making ("letting") them keep playing.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 17:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this doesn't qualify as name and shame, I am assuming it doesn't because buying medals from bazaar isn't really a crime or anything to be ashamed of, but here's the definitive list of who bought them: https://pastebin.com/iBAZPyut

It looks like Aquatiq got 495 Kindred's and 396 Beastmen's, so the threshold is not terribly high if that's what he got nailed for. Azeran got a lot too, he still kicking?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 17:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Me? No. My bazaar said not to buy them, my shout said not to buy them, I told anyone who sent me a tell that it was not safe to buy them. If they got banned, that's natural selection at work.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-11-27 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it on them I could understand se dropping hammer. How can they claim they didn't know? No one would have that many medals and no one would sell them at that price. They had to know ***was fishy and as Thorny said he told people not to buy them in bazaar and shout.

Fools gonna fool.
By spengler 2019-11-27 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

always left half jacked off. never any closure. I want the STF to post names.

I'm still so curious how you are still actively posting in this topic after being proved wrong like 15 different times now.

Probably a lesson here to stop spreading fallacy/*** on things you know nothing about but I'm sure it's one most here that said there won't be bans won't learn.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 17:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been proven a single *** time wrong. There isn't one confirmed ban yet other than thorny's (forgot elidyr too)

And you need to learn what hyperbole is.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't one confirmed ban yet other than thorny's

How often do you get a 'confirmed' ban to whatever standard you're expecting? People quitting the day of a ban wave, or no longer logging on, is as good as it gets. This isn't 2008, nobody is crying they got banned, they're all too prideful to admit it or happy to entirely leave xi/forums behind.

I'd still take anything this week with a grain of salt, as people may be traveling for the holidays, but from the sounds of it most of beerninjas is gone.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see 40 people own that ***. Man up. No heresay. not the 'word of the bullshitting stf'

40ish, 2 were you 2+ were eli etc
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-27 17:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well wish in one hand, ***in the other, see which fills up faster

it's pretty clear nobody wants to own up to being banned
By spengler 2019-11-27 17:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This was also the first wave:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56136-Regarding-an-Item-Duplication-Exploit?p=621410#post621410

And there were several more confirmed bans yesterday morning. good lord the delusion..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 18:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero confirmed bans yesterday. Absolutely zero. 2 people said "oh a ton of people got banned"

*** WHO. WHERE. Zero.

If they're gone it's not a warning, dead characters don't break any rules.

Oh hey guys, I haven't seen eiryl online in 2 days, HE'S BANNED! Hasnt sold anything since 11/11 HE's DEFINITELY BANNED!
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-27 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

More like Spengler is the delusional drama fiend. He should shut up until he has his facts straight.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-27 18:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero confirmed bans yesterday. Absolutely zero. 2 people said "oh a ton of people got banned"

*** WHO. WHERE. Zero.

If they're gone it's not a warning, dead characters don't break any rules.

Oh hey guys, I haven't seen eiryl online in 2 days, HE'S BANNED! Hasnt sold anything since 11/11 HE's DEFINITELY BANNED!

Nah

This was only wishful thinking
By fonewear 2019-11-27 19:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

18 pages no packets pointless drama.

Continue on I guess.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-27 19:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Tomlaps said: »
the original use?
They patched it, as already said, it does not work now.

It's original use was not to dupe, though. It was to easily work with mog slips.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-27 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I wish Spengler would humour me and tell us who he is. I had never even heard of Elidyr before the duping and if Spengler is just a subordinate of his then I definitely won’t known who he is but he apparently knows us so well.

They in fact were banning for more than medals; how they determined beats me though as some of the bans and accounts not banned make no sense to me. I am still around, and I do think Ivaar has the porter addon was released not to long ago that you should check out; mine is ugly and old. And yes the original intention of that addon was for a porter, I stole code from my gearswap files which numerous people had access to on my discord. It actually ended up in the Windower Discord because someone saw a screenshot of it loading and was curious, another mystery solved by the fact checkers on here blaming people with no facts lol. Nobody actually knew of the exploit because it was used for auest stuff and npc trades, not for duping.

Yeah I verified my account getting banned the first day.

Sorry for lack of responses, I really had no intentions to play the day of the reckoning; most my accounts were already dropped and all my gear/items moved away. As for Spenger he was someone that asked to buy medals from me; probably just in scheme to catch or bust me but I was already done playing/moved on so I didn't care. I just had happened to have my main still active to make him some medals. Im not sure of his original motives but more then likely the original source of all the publicized drama as Draylo has mentioned; I had to block him in on discord to stop blowing me up. As for a subordinate- goodnes no, the guys is annoying af; sorry bud, you just really talk to much before facts. As for others being banned I do know some people got hit, which I am not gonna put out names its not my place; but yes they did drop a bunch more, and yes there are still people with a ton of medals. Anyway, if you guys ever wanna talk addons or need some help just hit me up.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-27 20:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The fascination you all have with a "sock" account and who someone is is really perplexing. FFXI isn't a big enough game for anyone to be of import.

being eli's subordinate is one of the more funny things I've ever heard.

but there you have it, the kid confirmed more bans including a few of his buyers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-27 20:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
The fascination you all have with a "sock" account and who someone is is really perplexing. FFXI isn't a big enough game for anyone to be of import.

being eli's subordinate is one of the more funny things I've ever heard.

but there you have it, the kid confirmed more bans including a few of his buyers.

Im not sure either, and I really have no hard feelings or hatred towards you; I can understand somewhat. On the other hand there are some other people that use multiple ffxiah accounts in odd manners like smashing rate downs, or making multiple comments like its a new persona, and weird ***to make themselves feel empowered or something; I really don't get it lol. I won't mention their names though but I'm sure you can dig it up somewhere in all this mess.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-27 20:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a past time favorite to sit behind a newly created account slinging personal attacks at people and creating drama. Most forums those people would be blocked/banned.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-27 21:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lots of them popped during the dupe week. most of them are probably salty cause one of their mules got banned.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-11-27 23:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spengler is my boyfriend, he's a bottom btw
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 29 30 31