First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2018-07-05 01:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
That's the point. All this gear is meant as stepping stone/alternative for non-REMA players according to SE.

I agree in theory, but only to a point. The more gear that SE makes that is comparable to REMA is just a continuation of undermining the work that is put into REMA. It is, in the very purest sense, devaluation of work. REMA holders didn't make REMA because they were the best things in the game, we made them because they were best in the game BY A LONG SHOT. The shorter the gap gets between REMA and other weapons, the more foolish we look for doing it in the first place.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
Blue Maqe gets ***on once again. +20 blue magic skill on a *** sword? Wow, a slightly improved Iris (+15 blue magic skill on each of those). How is this supposed to compare to a Tizona, Almace, or a Sequence in anyway, shape or form? Hell, Colada is better than this crap. How is this closing any kind of gap?

Blu is pretty strong as it is, not like they need a buff to compete with other DD
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 01:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Blue Maqe gets ***on once again. +20 blue magic skill on a *** sword? Wow, a slightly improved Iris (+15 blue magic skill on each of those). How is this supposed to compare to a Tizona, Almace, or a Sequence in anyway, shape or form? Hell, Colada is better than this crap. How is this closing any kind of gap?

People bitched too hard about BLU being OP, so we don't get good gear anymore. Balance!

Welcome to the ninja club. Utsusemi and ninjutsu magic is too OP.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2018-07-05 01:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't I read something about Augments?
By Aerix 2018-07-05 01:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize it's BLU's highest base DMG sword in the game now, right? It beats Tanmogayi +1 and even has +269 Sword Skill and +50 Accuracy on top of that, not to mention less Delay.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-07-05 01:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
3 STP for 25 ranged accuracy is a pretty decent trade
Absolutely, have to factor in Daken when gearing for TP after all.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kyaaadaaa said: »
Aerix said: »
That's the point. All this gear is meant as stepping stone/alternative for non-REMA players according to SE.

I agree in theory, but only to a point. The more gear that SE makes that is comparable to REMA is just a continuation of undermining the work that is put into REMA. It is, in the very purest sense, devaluation of work. REMA holders didn't make REMA because they were the best things in the game, we made them because they were best in the game BY A LONG SHOT. The shorter the gap gets between REMA and other weapons, the more foolish we look for doing it in the first place.

I make weapons out of boredom, so I must be completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Whoops!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-07-05 01:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »

People bitched too hard about BLU being OP, so we don't get good gear anymore. Balance!

Welcome to the ninja club.

Funny part is I knew this would happen too. During the BLU debates I called NIN being the next thing to get ***. (:

It isn't even really about powerlevel, but how lame it is to have no new gear to work toward in these meager little patches because almost every piece you get is completely worthless and not worth an inventory slot.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 01:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The ninja HQ weapon was interesting, right up until the point where they tied yet another buff to remaining shadows. Historically, that's always been a bad idea with everything wiping shadows. It's like they didn't learn from mikage. You actually lose dps constantly reapplying utsu. So that 105~ attack bonus is useless basically.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 01:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It is, in the very purest sense, devaluation of work. REMA holders didn't make REMA because they were the best things in the game, we made them because they were best in the game BY A LONG SHOT. The shorter the gap gets between REMA and other weapons, the more foolish we look for doing it in the first place.

I mean, you've still had the strongest weapon(s) for a given job for however long you've owned it, up until it gets dethroned. It doesn't invalidate all its utility prior to whatever consequent releases we may get.

Plus, they're crafted weapons and the Su5's require HQ2? or something???

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but yeah, i doubt many people will have these (and they're also not that great outside of niche/utility purposes in most cases, at first glance).
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 01:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Overall this update demonstrates that SE still has no idea how their own game works.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-07-05 01:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP version of the Fusenaikyo says "全両手刀ウェポンスキル使用可能". It contains "両手刀" which means "Two-Handed Sword". They refer to Great Swords as "両手剣" which means "Double-handed sword".
[+]
By Sabishii 2018-07-05 01:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Blu is pretty strong as it is, not like they need a buff to compete with other DD

Except WAR, THF, DRK, SAM, and RUN CAN destroy BLU when over buffed. GEO, 4 song bard, COR, and something hard enough, BLU gets destroyed, when wearing comparable gear. BLU's been getting almost nothing good in gear to buff CDC, but heavy DD jobs been getting super gear with tons of accuracy, attack, etc. Most of the gear BLU's getting are for requiescat (garbage) or savage blade/expiacion (great weaponskills, but it's only good above 2k TP, so it's not spammable. And Expiacion is only for Tizona BLUs, otherwise savage blade is better). BLU's been getting nothing since the end of rhapsodies, while other jobs been getting handed all kinds of ***.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 01:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
Overall this update demonstrates that SE still has no idea how their own game works.

Known that for the better part of a decade yo
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
It is, in the very purest sense, devaluation of work. REMA holders didn't make REMA because they were the best things in the game, we made them because they were best in the game BY A LONG SHOT. The shorter the gap gets between REMA and other weapons, the more foolish we look for doing it in the first place.

I mean, you've still had the strongest weapon(s) for a given job for however long you've owned it, up until it gets dethroned. It doesn't invalidate all its utility prior to whatever consequent releases we may get.

Plus, they're crafted weapons and the Su5's require HQ2? or something???

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but yeah, i doubt many people will have these.

If crafted which I believe they are, they'll probably have some absurd price tag which you could have went and built/AG any REM of your choice. Aeonics are just a joke to build, so might as well build them all and not worry about this new trash.
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 01:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
The JP version of the Fusenaikyo says "全両手刀ウェポンスキル使用可能". It contains "両手刀" which means "Two-Handed Sword". They refer to Great Swords as "両手剣" which means "Double-handed sword".
Keyword is "刀", which is for katana, i think?
can't wait to use................
kaiten?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-07-05 01:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiten?

Pretty much. And another reason to remove merits from Shoha I guess? Or it would be if the thing has good enough augments to be usable.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-05 01:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Except WAR, THF, DRK, SAM, and RUN CAN destroy BLU when over buffed. GEO, 4 song bard, COR, and something hard enough, BLU gets destroyed, when wearing comparable gear. BLU's been getting almost nothing good in gear to buff CDC, but heavy DD jobs been getting super gear with tons of accuracy, attack, etc. Most of the gear BLU's getting are for requiescat (garbage) or savage blade/expiacion (great weaponskills, but it's only good above 2k TP, so it's not spammable. And Expiacion is only for Tizona BLUs, otherwise savage blade is better). BLU's been getting nothing since the end of rhapsodies, while other jobs been getting handed all kinds of ***.

BLU has survivability over most DD though, and a good blu is always welcome in a zerg pt especially with diffused MG, Harden Shell, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 01:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Properly geared even RDM can tie with, or surpass BLU now. It's starting to get a bit on the petty side toward BLU.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-05 01:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiten?

A Kaiten with no aftermath and no 40% boost =(
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 01:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »

Known that for the better part of a decade yo

Hence the "still"
By Foxfire 2018-07-05 01:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much. And another reason to remove merits from Shoha I guess? Or it would be if the thing has good enough augments to be usable.
I probably wouldn't, just in case.
outside of the probable price tag, rarity alone would mean it's better to have an ichigo w/ 1/5 shoha for those rare situations where you don't want to sc

...assuming you don't already have masa, or something.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-07-05 01:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiten?

without augments it's worse than ichigo unless the sekkanoki bonus makes something die in a single skill chain that it wouldn't die to said skill chain otherwise
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-05 01:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the reaction I was waiting for. Disappointment all round.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 01:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the gear BLU's getting are for requiescat (garbage) or savage blade/expiacion (great weaponskills, but it's only good above 2k TP, so it's not spammable. And Expiacion is only for Tizona BLUs, otherwise savage blade is better). BLU's been getting nothing since the end of rhapsodies, while other jobs been getting handed all kinds of ***.

Savage blade is very spammable if you main sequence. While alot of players know this already, it seems to lack the notoriety that it should at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-07-05 01:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Since my favorite two things in the history of FFXI are DD bard and acid/holy/DS bolt ranger I'm just going to go to bed pretending this Bard dagger will force groups to take us /nin for the extra DT it almost certainly won't give everyone else.

I'm also going to pretend holy bolt 2.0 is going to be even greater than before since GS will make sure I never slug shot using a holy bolt due to unknowingly being out of DS bolts.

I'm sure I'll wake up and the bard dagger will be self only and main hand only, 2.0 holy bolts will be useless, and every ambu shout will be for SMNx3. But just for tonight I'm going to enjoy this update.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 01:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU has survivability over most DD though, and a good blu is always welcome in a zerg pt especially with diffused MG, Harden Shell, etc.

BLU's DD and survivability is laughable compared to RUN. I also feel WAR, SAM, and DRK could out DPS BLU while wearing large amounts of DT.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-05 01:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding the ability to use all great katana weapon skills to the one and only job that has a monopoly on all great katana skills was strange. It's almost like SE had no idea we've unlocked every gkt ws besides kaiten, which is garbage anyways. This confirms during their questionnaire about making relic weapon skills unlockable where they mentioned mythic and empy, that they have no idea what the *** is actually in the actual game. Super face palm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-05 01:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the ninja club.

Funny part is I knew this would happen too. During the BLU debates I called NIN being the next thing to get ***. (:

It isn't even really about powerlevel, but how lame it is to have no new gear to work toward in these meager little patches because almost every piece you get is completely worthless and not worth an inventory slot.

I think it's always been this way for NIN. There was a small period during abyssea where they got good gear but otherwise NIN's best gear was always from other jobs. Heishi is great but that's like the only good piece of gear in recent memory that was intended for NIN.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 01:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU's DD and survivability is laughable compared to RUN. I also feel WAR, SAM, and DRK could out DPS BLU while wearing large amounts of DT.

I think the separation between the survivability and the party comment was to suggest that BLU has a higher DPS/DT ceiling in solo content. At least I'm going to assume that's what he meant.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20