Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-10 08:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Atleast most of the neck pieces aren't all that good
We'll see that in September.

Imagine a trolling augment on the geo torque like: Lets you stack geomancy+.

That could be a big lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 08:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all are seting yourselves up for a massive fall from the expectations you're having.

Broskis, for your own sanity. Quit that ***. Expect them to "square it" and give hp+10 . instead of WSD+50.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-10 08:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Atleast most of the neck pieces aren't all that good
We'll see that in September.

Attack +10 ... yay

Lets talk about those new brokenly powerful weapons that were going to sweep aside REMA's and stick it to all those SMN burned Aeonic holders.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-10 08:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Y'all are seting yourselves up for a massive fall from the expectations you're having.

Broskis, for your own sanity. Quit that ***. Expect them to "square it" and give hp+10 . instead of WSD+50.

Kick Attacks attack plus 20. Overpowered.

To make it more OP 150 HP.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-07-10 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Didnt use HQ crystals on this, didnt have enough GP to buy some stacks for this session since i skip several days because of work/bad memory to do em lol, i always use orvail (nq) and the other hq ring yea.

54/135 materials lost (not counting synth 28 which was the +2) so material loss was at -60%.

Edit: Checked the bg-wiki and it lists wood sub but its incorrect, its cloth sub on this for the 3 gold necks.

You can purchase fire/wind/earth HQ crystals for.. 3,000 gil I believe it was... from one of the chests next to the marriage npcs. I normally use the one in the Chateau in North Sandy since the npc is right across from Halver near the zone.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-10 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Didnt use HQ crystals on this, didnt have enough GP to buy some stacks for this session since i skip several days because of work/bad memory to do em lol, i always use orvail (nq) and the other hq ring yea.

54/135 materials lost (not counting synth 28 which was the +2) so material loss was at -60%.

Edit: Checked the bg-wiki and it lists wood sub but its incorrect, its cloth sub on this for the 3 gold necks.

You can purchase fire/wind/earth HQ crystals for.. 3,000 gil I believe it was... from one of the chests next to the marriage npcs. I normally use the one in the Chateau in North Sandy since the npc is right across from Halver near the zone.

Yea i know but this synth uses light crystal (i know weird isnt it).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 11:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not weird at all. Moldy item > restoration

Restoration = light
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think this synth is a T1 as posted on the quote i said, the cloth sub is T0 even with the escutcheon and that's the tier you going to be when doing this.

Did you test the cloth sub by skilling up or using a char with underleveled cloth? My results all heavily indicate T1, with a global HQ rate of a bit over 6% and a couple single synth sets over 10%. Note that I do not have subcraft GP items or anything fancy, just basic 124/70.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-10 11:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i dont think this synth is a T1 as posted on the quote i said, the cloth sub is T0 even with the escutcheon and that's the tier you going to be when doing this.

Did you test the cloth sub by skilling up or using a char with underleveled cloth? My results all heavily indicate T1, with a global HQ rate of a bit over 6% and a couple single synth sets over 10%. Note that I do not have subcraft GP items or anything fancy, just basic 124/70.

I actually have the cloth open to get past 70 and didnt got any skill up and for example i got skillups (which is a pain because it delevels my gold) doing moonlight neck.

This last batch was with 122/72 using the cloth torque and the result was 1/28, i know it isnt a good sample to measure it really but the cost of materials make it a bit hard to get higher results lol.

Ill do 121/73 next time and see if that breaks tier to T1, cloth would have to be 62 max but idk, other synths using khoma thread at 70+ sub so this one might be at least 70.

Was done in lightsday/new moon as well but as i said, its a very small sample really, maybe it was a bad luck strike and cloth sub is really very low, would have to be 59 cloth for you to be T1 using your 124/70 to show those HQ results.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-10 12:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you got zero cloth skill ups in 28 synths, that's pretty indicative of the cloth skill being, if not 59 or below, significantly lower than 70.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill do 121/73 next time and see if that breaks tier to T1, cloth would have to be 62 max but idk, other synths using khoma thread at 70+ sub so this one might be at least 70.

You don't need to delevel your gold, it is T1 with 70 cloth unless my results are obscenely lucky. I am a collective 18/291 on torque HQs, and all were synthed at 124/70.

I'm guessing you don't do very well with basic statistics, because 1/28 is not indicative of T0 or T1 in any significant way.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-10 14:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

You don't need to delevel your gold, it is T1 with 70 cloth unless my results are obscenely lucky. I am a collective 18/291 on torque HQs, and all were synthed at 124/70.

I'm guessing you don't do very well with basic statistics, because 1/28 is not indicative of T0 or T1 in any significant way.

I just stated the fact that i went 1/28 on that round, on my T1 synths i usually do 1/10-1/12 at most with some rounds like the hepa rapier +1 round i had the previous new moon where i basically was doing 1/5 or something stupid lol (lucky streak).

And again, for a T1 synth on this cloth needs to be 59 or less for you to be at T1 @70, its pretty weird considering its using khoma thread.

Edit: Btw do you have the gold escutcheon? because almost 300 synths of this without it seems a bit crazy lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 14:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, but I also buy mats from all servers twice a week. I have another 250ish actual mat sets sitting, but hesitant to synth any because I've had a lot of difficulty shifting the necks I already made. Even at reasonable prices, people have not been jumping on them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 14:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You're really only gonna move them on asura, and even though the whm neck is 'worth buying' not enough people play whm.

And you can forget about selling them on asura, they're already under cost to make (I guess?) unless you mean you got a ton of HQ ones to unload.

I really don't see ANY value in the +1s at all. They're worth less than the NQ to the cheap crowd, and less than the +2 obviously. It was really dumb of square to do that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, +1s are the biggest problem. They should be worth notably more than the NQs, but people balk at spending 10-40m on something they know isn't best. They didn't leave themselves much other option with how overpowering they made escutcheons, though.
By Foxfire 2018-07-10 14:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

which synths are wrong, again? I'll fix them tomorrow if someone doesn't get to it first
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 14:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless phuoc's subs are underleveled, I am not convinced any are wrong. I am assuming he called it cloth because of the presence of Khoma Thread. Obviously someone with all subs 70 cannot differentiate besides assuming, and the original info came from the NPCs, unless it was incorrectly posted.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-07-10 14:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea its cloth, just checked the guild, here's my craft levels on the gold char:

Crafts

Duelist torque crafts

Didnt follow leveling her wood because well, i dont use it on gold so its a moot point lol and my synergist is my main char.

Your sample is far bigger than mine so ill follow your rates and just take it as a T1, i probably had a bad streak on it and yea, i think these will be tough to sell -for now- until we see the augments, if they are awesome then people will jump on em i guess.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-12 12:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Do the other normal stats work from offhand? Acc/Macc/Racc/etc show up on /checkparam?

Anyone able to confirm this yet? As in, when equipped in offhand does the acc increase mainhand acc (or total Racc) via /checkparam?
By Nyarlko 2018-07-12 16:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Official English Summary for FP 40
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Well, a nice thing RDM can do is buff people across the alliance in different parties. It's pretty cool that a single RDM can Flurry and Haste II the entire alliance, while still enfeebling all the NMs (helping the entire alliance from 1 slot)

Please excuse me... but you’ve lost your mind if you think someone’s gonna solo-buff a whole alliance, AND debuff, AND other stuff xD.

(Yes, yes, I know there are some that wouldn’t mind but that’s still a lot lol)

Dude, I've been expected to do this.

Notttttttt fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-04 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »
Well, a nice thing RDM can do is buff people across the alliance in different parties. It's pretty cool that a single RDM can Flurry and Haste II the entire alliance, while still enfeebling all the NMs (helping the entire alliance from 1 slot)

Please excuse me... but you’ve lost your mind if you think someone’s gonna solo-buff a whole alliance, AND debuff, AND other stuff xD.

Notttttttt fun.

If you think being a Red Mage just means you get to be a haste bot for one party and Cast dia3 now and then, then don't ever pick up a chapeau. These days you better be ready to haste an entire Alliance, fully enfeeble the target, toss random cures as needed, possibly burst on skill chains, and assist in status debuff removal, then you're doing it wrong. Hell, the red Mages in the linkshell I run with now are doing all that plus meleeing, and doing so quite respectably. Lazy red Mages aren't tolerated.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-04 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Notttttttt fun.

If you think being a Red Mage just means you get to be a haste bot for one party and Cast dia3 now and then, then don't ever pick up a chapeau. These days you better be ready to haste an entire Alliance, fully enfeeble the target, toss random cures as needed, possibly burst on skill chains, and assist in status debuff removal, then you're doing it wrong. Hell, the red Mages in the linkshell I run with now are doing all that plus meleeing, and doing so quite respectably. Lazy red Mages aren't tolerated.

"Keep working slave! Work harder!!!"

Man, RDM used to be cool. Now they are slaves. How the mighty have fallen.
By Afania 2018-08-04 14:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Now they are slaves. How the mighty have fallen.

It has been that way since 75 meripo >.>
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-04 14:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. Red Mage used to be a necessity job because it was the only job with both haste and refresh. Back then you were a true slave, when you were told to Simply refresh the Mages and keep quiet put that sword away. Red Mage these days is probably in its best position that it has ever been in - we actually have the gear, merits, gifts, and fellow buffers to really do all the jobs were capable of. Slavery was when literally were told to do one thing and nothing else. We have true Freedom now, as long as you can carry your weight in all rolls. And that's where most red Mages failed because they don't build adequate sets for every situation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-04 14:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As in "do what we say or we will replace you with someone else from China."
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 14:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Notttttttt fun.

I'm not lazy because I do all this (except people are like OMG DON'T MELEE), even if I am only 5th best in the LS.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-04 16:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because we're on a small server doesn't mean you get to be inadequate. I really doubt the stereotypical Chinese rmt bot player is going to do a third of what I mentioned, if we're just going to lump people by nation.

Don't throw out meaningless phrases because you don't want to build at minimum 20 sets to do what I describe as "what a red mage should do". Go play geo.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 16:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because we're on a small server doesn't mean you get to be inadequate. I really doubt the stereotypical Chinese rmt bot player is going to do a third of what I mentioned, if we're just going to lump people by nation.

Don't throw out meaningless phrases because you don't want to build at minimum 20 sets to do what I describe as "what a red mage should do". Go play geo.

Two and a half wardrobes agree with you. Anybody can try to throw unresistable/almost unresistable stuff; it takes actual skill and a *** of really random-*** gear to do it right.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20