Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2018-08-04 18:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Well, a nice thing RDM can do is buff people across the alliance in different parties. It's pretty cool that a single RDM can Flurry and Haste II the entire alliance, while still enfeebling all the NMs (helping the entire alliance from 1 slot)

Please excuse me... but you’ve lost your mind if you think someone’s gonna solo-buff a whole alliance, AND debuff, AND other stuff xD.

(Yes, yes, I know there are some that wouldn’t mind but that’s still a lot lol)

Dude, I've been expected to do this.

Notttttttt fun.

If you think being a Red Mage just means you get to be a haste bot for one party and Cast dia3 now and then, then don't ever pick up a chapeau. These days you better be ready to haste an entire Alliance, fully enfeeble the target, toss random cures as needed, possibly burst on skill chains, and assist in status debuff removal, then you're doing it wrong. Hell, the red Mages in the linkshell I run with now are doing all that plus meleeing, and doing so quite respectably. Lazy red Mages aren't tolerated.

I'm not lazy because I do all this (except people are like OMG DON'T MELEE), even if I am only 5th best in the LS.....

Meh, solo buffing an alliance is pretty easy for melee, as they'll have no more than 11 other people for you to use haste on, (usually no more than 7, realistically) and haste lasts over 8 minutes. It's really not that big of a deal tbh.

If you're having trouble with it, I'd suggest optimizing what addons you are using to keep track of buffs, optimizing arguments in your lua to make life easier, and making your macros organized in a sensible way that isn't too taxing. You can also reorganize your spell list manually, so that you have alot of spells close together, and then macros for the others. It takes some getting used to, but once you're acclimated it really isn't even hard.
[+]
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 19:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I *really* need SOMETHING that doesn't paper my screen with what buffs I've cast, yet allows me to tell at a glance how my buff rotation stands. I'm perfectly capable of buffing an alliance, it's just a pain in the *** when people don't work with you or understand that I have priorities, some people get buffs before otbers!
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-04 19:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I *really* need SOMETHING that doesn't paper my screen with what buffs I've cast, yet allows me to tell at a glance how my buff rotation stands. I'm perfectly capable of buffing an alliance, it's just a pain in the *** when people don't work with you or understand that I have priorities, some people get buffs before otbers!

It's called PartyBuffs and is pretty awesome when configured properly. Get with me on discord and I'll set you up with it.

And yes we abuse Seeks's RDM pretty hard.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20