July 2018 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 19:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
In Dyna or Ambu you'll rarely have GEO support with Languor, so you have to be able to land stuff yourself

I haven't had a problem landing debuffs on low tier content in forever, and Dyna and Ambu are low tier. Don't confuse a monster being resistant to a specific debuff as everything being resistant to all debuffs. Don't expect to land Poison on a water elemental for example. Many monsters in this game have elemental alignments making them more resistant to specific elements, which is why I really hate Frazzle being dark based, makes it very difficult to use on undead, not impossible just extremely difficult.

Don't be so deliberately obtuse. I obviously meant in the sense that attacks would deal reduced damage if they hit somebody for 75% or more of their total HP, but I also mused that perhaps for RDM it ought to be restricted to TP moves so it wouldn't necessarily affect mob 1hrs or it would trivialize Mijin Gakure too much.

That's still not what they do. None of those will protect someone from a multi-hit TP move for example.

You are / were just ranting and raging without understanding the why and how of what you were observing. There was indeed a time where practically every NM was resistant or flat out immune to all the debuffs, that time has long since passed.
By Aerix 2018-07-08 19:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I haven't had a problem landing debuffs on low tier content in forever, and Dyna and Ambu are low tier. Don't confuse a monster being resistant to a specific debuff as everything being resistant to all debuffs. Don't expect to land Poison on a water elemental for example. Many monsters in this game have elemental alignments making them more resistant to specific elements, which is why I really hate Frazzle being dark based, makes it very difficult to use on undead, not impossible just extremely difficult.

Really? Dynamis and Ambu are hardly "low-tier" unless all you do is VE-N Ambu and Wave 1 Dynamis. Have you ever even done Wave 3 Dyna or VD Ambu this month and tried to land various enfeebles on the Yagudo Conjurer? Even on D he's really fairly resistant, though only Slow really requires Immunobreaks.

This month may be easy for melees and not even require enfeebles to begin with, but VD Ambu in general always features very resistant mobs, so it's not a single instance of the issue. The issue being that mobs are unnecessarily resistant to enfeebling magic when said magic isn't even necessary to win fights because RUNs and PLDs can just facetank everything easily with a WHM healing them.

That's still not what they do. None of those will protect someone from a multi-hit TP move for example.

You are / were just ranting and raging without understanding the why and how of what you were observing. There was indeed a time where practically every NM was resistant or flat out immune to all the debuffs, that time has long since passed.

So what if it doesn't protect from multi-hit TP moves? Scherzo doesn't protect from that either. And I never even mentioned those to begin with.
AoE moves are what give groups the most trouble and that's where such an enfeebling spell would help a great deal because it would free up a song for BRD or allow RDM to somewhat compete with SMN for group buffing.

And don't talk to me about not understanding what I'm observing if you can't even read my posts properly and take a moment to think about what I'm actually saying.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***he's gone to plaid

YouTube Video Placeholder

Really? Dynamis and Ambu are hardly "low-tier" unless all you do is VE-N Ambu and Wave 1 Dynamis.

High tier is CL145~150 NMs. Low tier is everything underneath that, VD Ambu and Dyna are therefor low tier content. Low tier content with gimmicks is still low tier content. And your second paragraph makes zero sense .. like your not even reading and just slamming head on keyboard in a rage.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-08 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Dyna is CL 149 now, right?
By Aerix 2018-07-08 20:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***he's gone to plaid

High tier is CL145~150 NMs. Low tier is everything underneath that, VD Ambu and Dyna are therefor low tier content. Low tier content with gimmicks is still low tier content. And your second paragraph makes zero sense .. like your not even reading and just slamming head on keyboard in a rage.

I feel like you're really just a troll at this point, but whatever. Geas Fete may be CL145-150 but newsflash: you have Vorseals for every fight. That's a permanent +38~ MACC to even the odds. And while I wasn't around for that, I'm pretty sure SE nerfed Geas Fete NMs considerably with regard to Accuracy/Magic Accuracy requirements in the past.

And my second paragraph would make sense if you removed your head from your ***.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

On the super boss after the 2nd MB clear sure, but very VERY few people even bother with that right now. Before the clear it's way less then that and that's the bulk of the content. Especially as the keyboard warrior is talking about RDM in general and 3rd wave Dyna is less then a week old.
By Aerix 2018-07-08 20:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

keyboard warrior

Looks to me like you're just salty because I'm criticizing the faults of the job.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-08 20:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

On the super boss after the 2nd MB clear sure, but very VERY few people even bother with that right now. Before the clear it's way less then that and that's the bulk of the content. Especially as the keyboard warrior is talking about RDM in general and 3rd wave Dyna is less then a week old.
The 2nd wave bosses are harder to enfeeble than most of the level 150 escha mobs due to vorseals, and a decent number of people are trying out wave 3 if they can beat wave 2.

Also, Aerix was specifically talking about wave 3 when he mentioned Dyna.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebodies new around here <.< >.> <.<

If you were going to criticize it you wouldn't use the old 2008 era complaints. Instead you'd be talking about how it can do many things adequately yet other jobs that specialize can do them better and that none of the enfeebles are really "Wow" worthy to fundamentally change a fight. Thus while RDM is nice to have and can contribute, it's not in the "we must have this" category and gets left out when groups attempt to hyper optimize.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-08 20:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish it were light based. It gets tends to get resisted on the things it would actually be helpful for :(
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-08 20:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were going to criticize it you wouldn't use the old 2008 era complaints. Instead you'd be talking about how it can do many things adequately other jobs that specialize can do them better and that none of the enfeebles are really "Wow" worthy to fundamentally change a fight. Thus while RDM is nice to have and can contribute, it's not in the "we must have this" category and gets left out when groups attempt to hyper optimize.

And also this. If the enfeebling effect affected the defense down on Dia III, then RDM would have a much stronger argument to bring it to all content, but they don't want to step on GEO's feet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2nd wave bosses are harder to enfeeble than most of the level 150 escha mobs due to vorseals, and a decent number of people are trying out wave 3 if they can beat wave 2.

Also, Aerix was specifically talking about wave 3 when he mentioned Dyna.

I've done all the Dyna MB's with RDM, they aren't hard to enfeeble. Just remember they have elemental alignments that can effect resistances. If the RDM in question isn't main healing a group they can do ES Sab Frazzle III to break a boss's MEVD and then everything becomes piss easy to land. If the RDM can't go /BLM then they need to rely on a max accuracy Frazzle II set to land that and follow it with a Sab Frazzle III. Works best if you coordinate with a BRD for Threnody cause you really don't want to waste Sab on a resist.

And no where in his post did he say anything specific about Wave 3.

Quote:
In Dyna or Ambu you'll rarely have GEO support with Languor, so you have to be able to land stuff yourself. And I'm getting a lot of resists on bosses with AF+3, Regal earring/gem, Erra pendant, well-augmented Grio/Chironic, Ambu cape, 2xStikini. Short of Murgleis and HQ rings there's not much else I can do if even Frazzle II/III have trouble landing. And that's giving up Enfeebling potency just to be able to land stuff that barely even makes a difference. Silence/Distract III are really the only things that potentially matter nowadays.

And hell, as an example you can't even Silence the Yagudo BLM in Ambu this month with full MACC and Saboteur to stop it from AoEing unless you get lucky (Paralyze II/Addle II is usually the best you can do). What's the point of bringing RDM over a WHM if you have to heal the damage rather than being able to prevent it with a quick enfeeble?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-08 20:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also enfeebled them with a top tier MACC set, and they are very hard to enfeeble, on the level of the less resistant Reisenjima HELMs, especially if you can't get enough support (and don't have Stymie/ES available) to get an initial Frazzle off with any reliability. I've had runs where the bard can't land Dark Threnody, and I've already used Stymie earlier in the fight, and it can be very frustrating.

Yes he did, when he first brought up the topic:

Quote:
In any case, I'm all for including RDM in groups because it's my second main job and I love it to death, but the way fights are designed nowadays, they are simply unfavourable for RDM due to tediously high MEVA on mobs (see Wave 3 Dyna-Div, VD Ambu or high-end Geas Fete). SE rarely allows the most useful Enfeebles to land without Immunobreaks, usually only allowing a select few Enfeebles to land even in HQ M.Acc gear (usually Distract III, but not Addle II/Slow II/Silence/Blind/Paralyze II when they matter).
By Aerix 2018-07-08 20:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were going to criticize it you wouldn't use the old 2008 era complaints. Instead you'd be talking about how it can do many things adequately other jobs that specialize can do them better and that none of the enfeebles are really "Wow" worthy to fundamentally change a fight. Thus while RDM is nice to have and can contribute, it's not in the "we must have this" category and gets left out when groups attempt to hyper optimize.

The only thing I complained about were how unnecessarily resistant monsters are toward enfeebles that barely make a difference in several fights. The other part was me just thinking out loud how an indirect Scherzo effect in the form of Enfeebling Magic would be nice for RDM to have to make it more desirable in groups.

I feel like you're just offended because I called you obtuse.

Edit: And obviously I would be talking about Wave 3 and this month's VD Ambu in a thread dedicated to the update.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »

I really wish it were light based. It gets tends to get resisted on the things it would actually be helpful for :(

Makes it a PITA to land on undead and demons, something that SE likes to use a lot. It's why if I'm not healing I go /BLM, ES is a guaranteed land and I can combine it with Sab to guarantee breaking somethings MEVD and make everything else easier to do.

Powered up Frazzle III is somewhere around 240~250 MEVD down on an NM. Idris Bolstered Languor is 200 for comparison.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I complained about were how unnecessarily resistant monsters are toward enfeebles that barely make a difference in several fights.

Except they aren't, SE stopped making boss's resistant to enfeebles a few years ago. Instead your talking about generic magic evasion which has it's own standard level based scaling. If you can do full powered Blizzard nukes just fine but have difficulty landing paralyze, that's a enfeeble resistance taking place. You are seeing issues because your group buffs and builds around melee / ranged and your using magic and not applying frazzle first. That's like a melee complaining they can't hit a boss without buffs.

I feel like you're just offended because I called you obtuse.

This is why I said your new around here, nothing offends me. I actively *** with anyone who gets emotional or use's shitty arguments.
By Aerix 2018-07-08 20:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Except they aren't, SE stopped making boss's resistant to enfeebles a few years ago. Instead your talking about generic magic evasion which has it's own standard level based scaling. If you can do full powered Blizzard nukes just fine but have difficulty landing paralyze, that's a enfeeble resistance taking place. You are seeing issues because your group buffs and builds around melee / ranged and your using magic and not applying frazzle first. That's like a melee complaining they can't hit a boss without buffs.

So if level scaling is at fault, then how do you explain enemies being highly resistant in what you call "low-tier" content?

And SE knows the current meta is built around melees, so mage buffs are sparse. Which means RDM has to be self-reliant especially in 6-man content. This month's Yagudo are all weak to Ice, but Paralyze II and Distract III often still take several tries in full MACC gear before landing on the boss.

This is why I said your new around here, nothing offends me. I actively *** with anyone who gets emotional or use's shitty arguments.

You're*

Also, that's exactly what an offended person would say to deflect accusations. :)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So if level scaling is at fault, then how do you explain enemies being highly resistant in what you call "low-tier" content?

Elemental alignment usually or job traits since monsters do have jobs btw.
By Aerix 2018-07-08 20:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental alignment usually or job traits since monsters do have jobs btw.

Good job completely ignoring the following paragraph! But I'm sure you'll get it right next time--don't stop believing in yourself!
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-09 01:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost never have issues landing things on my geo, i just bring my rdm for luxury and wouldn't say it's needed by any means but it does help to an extent if you have the extra party slot available.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-09 01:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Everything sucks for rdm lol. They've had every single thing that made RDM useful stolen from them.

Well, a nice thing RDM can do is buff people across the alliance in different parties. Not gonna be in lots of "ideal" 6 man parties for high end NMs, but take Omen or Divergence (non-wave 3): it's pretty cool that a single RDM can Flurry and Haste II the entire alliance, while still enfeebling all the NMs (helping the entire alliance from 1 slot), and even add some melee or 2nd tier nuking as needed (say, Omen WS objectives, nuking Dyna stats or Wave 1 boss, etc.)

I mean, if you're talking the most elite setups for CL140+ stuff, fine... maybe RDM doesn't fit in many ideal groups. But the job can contribute on somewhat more flexible setups for slightly easier but still "current endgame" content.

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
I almost never have issues landing things on my geo, i just bring my rdm for luxury and wouldn't say it's needed by any means but it does help to an extent if you have the extra party slot available.

Yup pretty much that. Since two of the more relevant current events in Omen and Divergence do allow for (but certainly don't require) alliances, it's not hard to make good use of RDM in the current game. RDM is also fine on lots of Ambuscade. IDK about hardcore Divergence Wave 3 farming, but whatever. Not like the job is useless.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Unless something has changed (very possible cause I haven't been paying much attention), I don't think you can self cap flurry while also using Amini Caban +1?

Traits 10%
Relic legs +3 15% AF legs +3 15%
cape 10%
osh+1 or taeon gloves 10%
taeon head 10%
impulse belt 3%
meg feet+2 or taeon feet 10%
= 68%
scout's gorget makes 70, if you don't trust impulse belt tests you can +1 or +2 it

cor can't use rng relic legs or the gorget, but they also don't have caban so they can just use oshosi

Minor corrections, but:
- COR have their own Snap+15 legs (Laksamana +3).
- Either job can use Haverton Ring/+1 to give a lot more flexibility to cap (yeah, not necessarily the ideal choice ring, but it's not an insane choice for people who like both jobs as the highest Racc and only snap piece in the ring slot - even though a hardcore RNG-only prob wants Weatherspoon solely due to Trueflight).

I mean, yeah, point remains that Flurry II is more of a luxury than a game changing buff. But more room to swap out Snapshot for Rapid Shot is never a bad thing. If I'm doing content with several RNG COR, I wouldn't ever complain about a RDM tossing Flurry II on those ranged DDs (while also improving their Racc with Distract, damage with Dia III, etc...).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-09 16:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone made the COR or BRD daggers and tested if the DT is self or party wide? Considering doing that soon to test but the only person with the shield I know seems to be perma-AFK.
By Foxfire 2018-07-09 16:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a COR dagger on AH, but good luck with the potential price
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-09 16:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that you want it to work on party members, but the only way that's happening is if they *** it up and made it do that by accident.

If it's not then everything in the game (new) will just do 10% more damage to make up for it and that screws everyone.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 17:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the first type of gear to sport this kind of stat

Darkside Earring
Minuet Earring

In both cases, the wearer only receives the bonus, not everyone who receives the requisite song effect. The difference with the weapons is it's job-specific. The only way I can see it extending to other party members is if they also happen to be bards or corsairs, and have it equipped. IF SE used the same coding as the above items (which in their laziness I'm almost certain they would not be THAT creative and generous to do otherwise), it should operate exactly the same.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-09 17:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm torn on whether I want it to be party wide or not. If it's not it will at least keep prices low so I can get +2 necks. The DT being party wide would be great for now but make things suck in the next content cycles...but who knows.
By Afania 2018-07-09 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This isn't the first type of gear to sport this kind of stat

Darkside Earring
Minuet Earring

In both cases, the wearer only receives the bonus, not everyone who receives the requisite song effect. The difference with the weapons is it's job-specific. The only way I can see it extending to other party members is if they also happen to be bards or corsairs, and have it equipped. IF SE used the same coding as the above items (which in their laziness I'm almost certain they would not be THAT creative and generous to do otherwise), it should operate exactly the same.

If thats how it works I guess cor dagger is only good for evis ws without refresh.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-09 17:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sellers will probably keep the price high, so long as this still remains a mystery (?) to some, so it's not in any crafter's best interest to go out and test this, as the price will just tank.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-07-09 17:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with it being personal its a pretty good dt swap from blurred+1 assuming it works on offhand and solid Racc swap from kustawi+1. If augments come strong with these weapons I can see dagger being really good.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20