October 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Asura.Taberif
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

100>50% id suggest torpor frail if you have a geo but our bpacts were hitting just fine in high acc set without any bubbles
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 14:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
100>50% id suggest torpor frail if you have a geo but our bpacts were hitting just fine in high acc set without any bubbles

So you didn't have any entrust spells on you at all to help mitigate damage or anything?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-12 14:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Thought how cool would kite strat be for RNG? Apparently SE said no to ranger however, my ranged attacks did 4 damage each and jishnu's did a whopping 58 damage, what is that like 99% damage reduction vs ranged? why D: Trueflight is also resisted constantly and only hits for like 5k when it isn't resisted.

I think other people mentioned something about damage being reduced based on distance, which basically rules RNG out. I am curious how much damage Death can do if you're standing right next to it. With only 180~200k HP it might be possible to one shot it.
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 14:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

had nothing on pld besides self buffs
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-10-12 15:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Who tested GEO debuffs and came to the conclusion that they do not work?
How come nobody is trying to counteract Frog Chorus?

More details about that 30yalms AoE move that seems to be doing a shitton of damage (>14k on D!) that seems to be somewhat related to the number of buffs you have up?

Braden tested the GEO Debuffs with Geo-Poison. If you open with Geo-Poison and it stays at 100%, it isn't doing any damage. You could also notice it when you try Languor alone vs. Focus alone. Languor we were getting floored resists, Focus we started doing damage and landing debuffs/aspirs.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-12 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know an easy place to get another volume for intense? How about normal?
By RolandJ 2016-10-12 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Anyone know an easy place to get another volume for intense? How about normal?

Probably mostly Reisenjima, Foret, and Marjami. Mamook only has 8 Poroggo spawns or so & Toramarai only has 10, of which they might be split between camps or far from a warp. Abyssea-Misareaux simply doesn't work.
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

intense ambuscade farm spots
aby la thiene #6
reisenjima #5
torai
mamook lolthat

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-10-12 17:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing it for us with just pup and cor as well, including with no trusts or mage subs. Seems rolls are enough to trigger it? Or just cor in general.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-12 17:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Was doing it for us with just pup and cor as well, including with no trusts or mage subs. Seems rolls are enough to trigger it? Or just cor in general.

Since the big moves damage is based on buffs, maybe it's any job that utilizes buffs? So anyone with enhancing, geo, bard, cor?
By Verda 2016-10-12 17:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guess it's no buffs = adds, and if you use buffs = hammer since trusts use buffs that'd explain that as well.
By Sabishii 2016-10-12 17:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kilorilo said: »
dustinfoley said: »
just confirmed, it doesnt use magic hammer if there are no mages.

dnc cor pup, no ae, but adds do spawn, seems timed based.

I did BST/DNC+ COR/DNC (no trusts) and it still did hammer.

Did you do sambas and/or rolls? Wouldn't ANY buffs at all trigger the hammer? I doubt they would have a check to see the jobs of the players entering, then try to instakill them with a magic hammer if they have enhancing magic skill or similar skills.

I would try just go in with people, and have NO buffs up at all. No bard songs, no rolls, no bubbles, no protect, shell, JAs, etc.

I haven't tried any of the new ambuscade yet, but from what everyone's saying, it's a pain in the *** no matter whether you're doing intense or normal ambuscade.
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 17:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

pld/war kite after 50%
whm
smnx3 only bpact it then resummon for hate
cor

should be easy peasy win
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-12 19:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Death on VD Intense while standing right next to it. I got like 10k or so. Then I tried with Malaise and got the same amount. More support to it completely resisting geo debuffs.
By Verda 2016-10-12 21:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Verda said: »
Thought how cool would kite strat be for RNG? Apparently SE said no to ranger however, my ranged attacks did 4 damage each and jishnu's did a whopping 58 damage, what is that like 99% damage reduction vs ranged? why D: Trueflight is also resisted constantly and only hits for like 5k when it isn't resisted.

I think other people mentioned something about damage being reduced based on distance, which basically rules RNG out. I am curious how much damage Death can do if you're standing right next to it. With only 180~200k HP it might be possible to one shot it.
Ya I remembered someone said that too, that Jishnu's was not very far from the NM, I'm pretty sure it just has ranged attack mitigation to a high degree, sort of like Sang Buaya in Reisenjima, he takes such ridiculous low damage from ranged attacks it's insulting. Most BCNMs also reduce ranged damage, and for the avatars where you can remove ranged damage mitigation it requires a pet ability.... meaning you'd have to go with a pet job to remove the damage taken of ranged (white proc) where as melee can remove that with just magic which any trust can do if they can't. SE tends to not like rangers being able to do everything, but most people don't know of these limits because most people aren't playing around on ranger much these days. Tenzen also will take less damage from ranged attacks than the base damage of your weapon, even with pDIF highly in your favor and using trueshot. I wish really badly I could use RNG on some bcnms but SE said no to both mages and rangers for them. You can slow kill avatars with ranger or take one pet job (maybe a pup tank for example), but I havent' found any other instanced fights ranger can even be good at except if you include some ambuscades which don't seem to have that restriction. This is the first ambuscade I've seen have ranged damage mitigation, and I don't know about poroggo but toads at least take like 7k from my trueflight in reisenjima when most mobs there take near 30k under the same circumstances (solo no buffs etc) unless a RUN uses Rayke. This isn't just a ranger thing though, mages are really not able to do well in comparison to melee for most instanced fights either for the same reason as this mysterious damage reduction, not just to ranged but also to magic damage.
By Afania 2016-10-12 21:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I tried THF on it while some PUP stuff was going on. Running in and using SA Rudra's between weaponskills does a lot of damage. What I think will probably work is this. Do meditate or regain roll to get everybody at 1000 TP and put up full buffs. Then every melee uses a WS before engaging. It should instantly chainspell. Then you can engage and kill it before chainspell wears off. It only has about 200k HP and chainspell lasts a minute.

Just did a bunch of VD with THF setup, tank thf x2 geo cor smn. Used mewing to remove tp, cor used regain roll, thf only run in to ws when JA up. Even with mule GEO(no Idris) 2 Rudra x2 darkness sc kills it. Fight time was 1.5 min buff time and 2.5 min fight time(including time to wait for CS wear). You can probably kill it a bit faster if you don't wait for CS to wear.

Don't need 1hr from any job nor kiting. Not sure if Idris or 3 thf setup can lower the kill time to 1sc kill.

Since THF are a lot more common than PUP, SAM or WAR I think it's a great strat for those not wanting to burn 1hr every fight.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-10-13 01:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just another setup for VD Intense, THF THF SMN COR GEO PLD. Basically modified what I saw Duesssa do in her video.

THFs subbing SAM for meditate, Tact and Chaos rolls from COR. SMN spams mewing and does it right before each damage phase from THFs. PLD holds, but doesnt engage. THFs don't TP, only run in when TP is ready to engage > SATA > disengage and get out of range of magic damage again. Probably can use a WHM instead of GEO for some better curing/buffs. THFs did mandalic stab > shark bite for lights, took ~26% each skillchain. Even less geared THFs or no GEO I would imagine would take 5-6 SC at most.

Since this was our first clear it took about 11 minutes since we waited for Tactician's to get us to max TP for initial SATA, but it hardly seemed necessary so a few minutes can be saved there I'm sure.

Edit: Lol just saw the above poster did something very similar, will have to try Rudra's next time! :-)
By Afania 2016-10-13 01:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Just another setup for VD Intense, THF THF SMN COR GEO PLD. Basically modified what I saw Duesssa do in her video.

THFs subbing SAM for meditate, Tact and Chaos rolls from COR. SMN spams mewing and does it right before each damage phase from THFs. PLD holds, but doesnt engage. THFs don't TP, only run in when TP is ready to engage > SATA > disengage and get out of range of magic damage again. Probably can use a WHM instead of GEO for some better curing/buffs. THFs did mandalic stab > shark bite for lights, took ~26% each skillchain. Even less geared THFs or no GEO I would imagine would take 5-6 SC at most.

Since this was our first clear it took about 11 minutes since we waited for Tactician's to get us to max TP for initial SATA, but it hardly seemed necessary so a few minutes can be saved there I'm sure.

Edit: Lol just saw the above poster did something very similar, will have to try Rudra's next time! :-)

Our Rudra x2 SC took off about 40% to 60% without Idris nor bolster, 2 SC kills it. If I remember correctly THF sub war to cap pdif as our attack buffs are a little low. Whm is completely unnecessary with geo cures. Our geo is just a mule so nobody can silence the frog. If your geo can land silence then there no danger of dying at all, nor need to wait for CS to wear.
By Afania 2016-10-13 02:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Our Rudra x2 SC took off about 40% to 60% without Idris nor bolster, 2 SC kills it. If I remember correctly THF sub war to cap pdif as our attack buffs are a little low. Whm is completely unnecessary with geo cures. Our geo is just a mule so nobody can silence the frog. If your geo can land silence then there no danger of dying at all, nor need to wait for CS to wear.

Ahh, now that I think about it, I should have done leaden > rudra > rudra instead of rudra > rudra for more dmg.

Was wondering a setup like RDM/BLU or /RUN(tank, silence, inundation), Idris geo(fury frailty diaII to cap pdif), THFx2, COR(allies roll, regain roll, light shot dia), SMN(mewing) can push the VD kill speed to 1 SC kill with leaden > rudra > rudra. 180k hp seems quite doable if darkness hits 99k and rudra hits 40k each ._.
By tyalangan 2016-10-13 08:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Below is a blog post from a BLU Youtuber I watch. I may have misconceptions about this fight based on this thread but I had come to believe buffs = adds, no buffs = hammer. That has reigned true in the few attempts of intense I have made but doesn't hold true in the BLU's video.

Can anyone read Japanese (or with even more difficulty Google Translate)? I keep seeing mention of MP depletion and notice at the beginning of the video he depletes his MP. He also uses /DNC and DNC trusts. Reasoning?

I'd love to solo this without leveling PUP so if anyone can add to this please do!

Cemu BLU Solo Blog/Video
By dustinfoley 2016-10-13 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyala...exact opposite. Buffs = hammer. Melee only and no Buffs = adds.

For the love of God people. When I said cor doesn't trigger q hammer. I ment with no rolls. Almost Any buff triggers hammer. Mage jobs on aground list garunte it
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-13 08:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The video that was literally just posted shows a BLU with two mage trusts soloing the fight without Quenching Hammer going off. He also has at least 4 buffs active when engaging, and the majority are maintained through the fight.
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Server: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-10-13 08:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I knew that I just wrote it backwards for some reason. I've been going BST solo and have only been getting adds, no buffs. So, not sure why my brain wrote that.

However, in the video he HaS buffs and gets adds, I believe (may need to rewatch) so that is why I'm confused. Unless, it's MP that matters and not buffs?
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-10-13 09:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed to us that if Necroruna spends a certain amount of time/takes some amount of damage without a player in range he'll pop adds. Did it both times we tried using Pup tanks and just sending in avatars to BP him. This was with Hammer available also.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-13 09:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds are based on tp and time. If he tps a lot he can have adds even with hammer. Unless you use certain party make ups that block adds.

Certain buffs don't count for hammer. Magic barrier is 1.
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2016-10-13 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think couple things need to be highlighted in this video:
- He did it in EASY
- He used up all the mp at the start of the fight for buffs

Not sure whether MP was the key....
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-10-13 09:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Adds are based on tp and time. If he tps a lot he can have adds even with hammer. Unless you use certain party make ups that block adds.

Certain buffs don't count for hammer. Magic barrier is 1.

One attempt we did ran really long (over 15 minutes) and when we got near the end (<20% HP) adds popped even though we were eating hammers the whole way.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-13 09:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As I didn´t see it posted yet: at least up to normal difficulty, the frog can be soloed pretty painlessly by a SCH, it just takes a while. To make it easier I used what I had regarding passive trusts (sakura, moogle, starsibyl, brygid), tho those shouldn´t be crucial.
Never engaged at all, opened with gravity, fragmentation mb ionohelix2, and then just stayed out of range. I didn´t see any resists to gravity, nor to slow/paralyze, but I never landed silence no matter how much m.acc I stacked.
I couldn´t outrun all his nukes, especially during chainspell when I had to reapply gravity, but stoneskin/blink/phalanx/barwater took care of the worst, and I never really dropped to yellow for too long.
If I didn´t pay attention and let him come too close, he would sometimes use quenching hammer for a definite instagib, but it´s not too hard to avoid it. Also, recovery was possible with enough time left on helix. The fight, or rather waiting for the frog to die, took around 15 minutes. I´ve never seen adds in 5 tries.

I didn´t try D yet, but when I attempted to do the same thing on VD though I sticked the first gravity, it wore after ~10 seconds and I couldn´t land another. Also I got only hard resists on helix mb, so I gave up on that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-13 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this over on the PUP thread, but maybe you people might find it useful also.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I have found that if I do EXACTLY this, he doesn't summon adds and I just whoop his ***. I tried changing Amchuchu for Ulmia and he summoned adds. Dunno what the dealio is there.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12