First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-11 21:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I tried THF on it while some PUP stuff was going on. Running in and using SA Rudra's between weaponskills does a lot of damage. What I think will probably work is this. Do meditate or regain roll to get everybody at 1000 TP and put up full buffs. Then every melee uses a WS before engaging. It should instantly chainspell. Then you can engage and kill it before chainspell wears off. It only has about 200k HP and chainspell lasts a minute.

VD Intense, I should note.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-11 21:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

- Put Geo-Poison on him and never saw his HP budge
- Had him use Quenching Hammer when adds were out
- Convert damage to MP does not work on Hammer
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-11 21:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried THF on it while some PUP stuff was going on. Running in and using SA Rudra's between weaponskills does a lot of damage. What I think will probably work is this. Do meditate or regain roll to get everybody at 1000 TP and put up full buffs. Then every melee uses a WS before engaging. It should instantly chainspell. Then you can engage and kill it before chainspell wears off. It only has about 200k HP and chainspell lasts a minute.

Just tried doing that strategy. It can still use Quenching Hammer while it has chainspell up. Mewing stuff definitely works though, or just standing 35+ and running in to SA WS between Hammer's while you have a PUP tank. I used BLU for our last run and it worked (not optimal, but it still worked I guess.) Something like PUP THFx3 GEO COR would make short work of it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 21:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its best to take your time getting TP before running in.
On Difficult you wanna do about 120k damage in 30 seconds.
On VD you need to do about 180k damage.

Light SC can be abused also.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 21:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just go with pup and bst only. No hammer to worry about. Only have to dodge water bomb.

Or any melee dd with 2 dancers to heal.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-11 22:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

Yeah its best to take your time getting TP before running in.
On Difficult you wanna do about 120k damage in 30 seconds.
On VD you need to do about 180k damage.

Light SC can be abused also.

Rudra's > Mandalic > Savage Blade > Exenterator x2, I want to see it!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 22:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Been meaning to do a 5 step, but the frog seems too dangerous to not kill asap.
By Verda 2016-10-11 22:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Used the PD setup like Llewelyn posted to get seals done this month worked very well.

We used light DD, 2 BLU and one DNC, special thanks to Mischief. We modified the setup after a few trial and error runs to suit us a bit better. After PD we would wait for Alex to unsummon then I'd pull out cait and we'd run in, I'd conduit mewing lullaby for as long as cait lived, which wasn't long time wise but survives a fair portion of the fight.

Prebuffs for smn were haste II, tp bonus, warcry and enthunder. Then Perfect Defense and WHM Asylum right before the engagement. Once I went COR sub for a weak roll and it did way too much damage to us so ya, you might want to pick and choose your buffs even with PD.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 22:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice something *** going on during watersday?
By Verda 2016-10-11 22:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't notice anything special based on day. What happens he turns into a two headed red poroggo and instacasts death back to back?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 22:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I didn't notice anything special based on day. What happens he turns into a two headed red poroggo and instacasts death back to back?

Just seemed a bit tankier, and I noticed regain.

Kind like how Apex Crawlers get regain during fireweather/day.
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2016-10-11 23:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that whole no mage thing legit?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 23:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
Is that whole no mage thing legit?

It appears to be. But its so boring.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-11 23:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

More specifically, is it only main jobs? So someone could /WHM for haste? Or rather, is BLU considered a mage here?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-11 23:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

4 Character (3box +1) VD Intense with 2 Trusts in 6 minutes from entry > death. RUN BLU GEO SCH and no 1hr abilities used. 2005 Aquarius would be proud of our strategy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2016-10-12 00:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who thinks AAEV is a fine tank?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-12 00:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a "tank off" earlier with August and AAEV. They traded hate quite a few times.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-10-12 00:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some VD Intense after tinkering: PLD, DNC, SCH, GEO, SMN, WHM.

Buff DNC with Crimson Howl, Boost-DEX, Indi-DEX, Entrust Indi-CHR. PLD runs in there and holds. GEO Blaze+Ecliptic Geo-Fury. SMN Fenrir Impacts and swaps to Cait Sith. DNC sets up the steps for Finishing Moves. SCH sets up Gravitation and DNC Climatics Rudras into Rudras. Dead in 3min.

Basically: SCs are super good, the only gimmick is making sure you don't let it build enough TP to destroy you with Quenching Hammer. CORs and BRDs with /SMN could be swapped with the SMN. RUN would be better than the PLD with Gambit boosting SC damage. Lots of wiggle room here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-12 00:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
4 Character (3box +1) VD Intense with 2 Trusts in 6 minutes from entry > death. RUN BLU GEO SCH and no 1hr abilities used. 2005 Aquarius would be proud of our strategy.

Basically Gravity works and it works well.

We just had the GEO follow my SCH with Focus up and entrust frailty on the BLU. RUN kited it around the area in a big circle. BLU followed it and poked it. The mob has no enhanced movement speed so it was just kind of crawling along trying to cast its spells, during Chainspell it's a sitting duck. As long as the hate holder is out of melee range the frog will NEVER use Quenching Hammer.

Adding a BRD, COR or one more DD would speed things up even more.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-10-12 00:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This thing can use Death and Kaustra. Also should consider using something else than Frailty since GEO Debuffs don't do anything to it.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-12 00:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We were hit by Kaustra and the damage was very managable. Death we didn't see. Does it need to unlock Death first with a WS move?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-12 00:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like every other frog, Providence unlocks Death (and probably its other shitty spells too)
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-12 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've seen it use both Death and Kaustra without ever having used a WS.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-10-12 00:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
We were hit by Kaustra and the damage was very managable. Death we didn't see. Does it need to unlock Death first with a WS move?

Unsure, we just saw it while kiting after getting blown up by Hammer. He did get salty after the first one got Shadow Ring'd and used it again immediately lol.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-12 00:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the target Light skillchains, or does darkness work? Thinking the kite strat with COR opening leaden and SA+Rudra's to blow it up a couple times and gg, but only seeing light sc in SS's so far.
By Creecreelo 2016-10-12 00:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Was the Dnc with Gob while doing this. Used Aeneas/TP Bonus and did have Max JP on Dnc. I don't think Max is necessary, but 1200 is def nice to be able to have 9 FMs, could probably get away with 7 FMs through proper Presto use between Rudras.

Honestly, I think depending upon your group, you could cut out a lot of the Att buffs for the Dnc. Sure, they add extra dmg to the Rudra's, but ya still gotta do Rudra's x2 for double dark to kill it.

Basically the fight went like this, from the Dnc perspective.

1--Go in. Dnc does NFR -> RF to get lotsa TP. Other members would do buffs, Smn did Howl/TP Bonus, Geo did Indi-Dex/Glory/Ecliptic Geo-Fury, Whm did Auspice/Boost-Dex.

2--Pld and Dnc run in to frog. Pld holds it, while Dnc builds up Steps/FMs (would do until lvl 10 Box Step, probably don't need it that high though, as long as you have max FMs). Smn does Apogee Lullaby as Sch does Aero -> Nocto -> Grav.

3--Then the Dnc slaughters it with Climactic Flourish Rudra -> Step/RF -> Rudra. Can cut out the Step betweens Rudras depending on gear and how many FMs you can carry. And the Frog just dies.

Our runs were usually around 2.5min doing this strat, but since we spent extra time buffing with buffs that ultimately weren't needed, I think you could honestly get runs down to as fast as 1min... And no 2hrs necessary. I think other jobs could work similarly; however, Dnc seems to really flourish here. ;)

Also, if your buffs/gear are strong, I think you could have the dnc go /sam and do Sekkanoki -> Evis -> CF -> Rudra x2 to kill the frog. Aero -> Nocto was very nice though in adding that extra step to the skillchains for the darkness damage. Anyways, the one time I tried this got it down to 8% health; however, our Idris Geo mule was accidentally not using Idris lol :x

Edit: Also, Acc requirements seem very low for this fight. I think you could cap with 1200 and maybe even less.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-12 00:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to see a fight with people coming up with lots of ideas that all work.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-12 01:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been spamming Intense VD now, using only Bolster and Mighty Strikes. Our setup is: PLD WAR COR GEO WHM SMN

Basically what we do is:
Enter
Tactician's Roll/Chaos Roll/Crystal Blesisng/Hastega II/Boost STR/Entrust Torpor
Bolster Indi-Fury
PLD Defensive Buffs, Warrior Offensive Buffs
Everyone runs in, thd PLD ramparts/reprisals (and is using Ochain the whole fight so that he gets meleed for 0).
Mighty Strikes on the warrior.
Flaming Crush > Resolution
Summoner switch to caitsith as fast as possible and mew.
Atonement > Resolution
It's dead.

The frog will chainspell and be spamming spells, so the whm is there to keep people alive through that. We've done this 6 times now and haven't had it use a TP move once. the fight lasts only 30 seconds.

Edit: You can also use a RUN/NIN or PUP tank if your COR can land Last Stand.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-12 01:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Who tested GEO debuffs and came to the conclusion that they do not work?
How come nobody is trying to counteract Frog Chorus?

More details about that 30yalms AoE move that seems to be doing a shitton of damage (>14k on D!) that seems to be somewhat related to the number of buffs you have up?
By Afania 2016-10-12 01:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Edit: You can also use a RUN/NIN or PUP tank if your COR can land Last Stand.

Just adding some info, RUN can open fusion with decimation I think.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12