October 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-11 18:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fixing to find out because if GEO buffs dont count, tank DD DD GEO GEO WHM sounds viable. runes dont seem to apply

edit: bubbles count. dmg went from 200 to 700 with entrust haste
By Nocki 2016-10-11 18:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So then perhaps geo is still a viable option.
Torpor/Vex + BoG Frailty and BoG Haste (so that it's cap without actual haste)
Don't pro-shell, keep the whm mostly out of range, except to run in for curagas after TP move?

I don't know if torpor is actually needed, I haven't acc checked D or VD yet.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 18:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maneuvers and ionis dont seem to count, Even though they are not debuffable. Can sit in ae range and eat 200 dmg ae all day
By knoxvegas 2016-10-11 18:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What about food,RR and lets say utsusemi shadows?
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2016-10-11 18:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought. Does the amount of mp said person has affect the dmg dealt? Has anybody noticed any relation?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-11 18:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

alright well, runes and wards do increase damage but not by enough to be an issue. RUN DD is a viable strategy as long as your WHM dances in and out properly

thinking RUNs, PUPs, and BSTs would all be viable DDs
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 18:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My strat so far is working. Will share later.

Or you can just PM me.
By Nocki 2016-10-11 18:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Werdxi said: »
Just a thought. Does the amount of mp said person has affect the dmg dealt? Has anybody noticed any relation?

I also started looking into this last night, I had proposed the idea that the Tp move does a certain amount of damage to you and goes through your MP and then to your HP.

Perhaps the machanic is that it takes off x number of buffs and then multiplies that by a number that is dealt to your MP and then to your HP. So like 500 damage per buff. If someone has 1000 HP and 500 MP then it does 500 damage to HP and depletes MP to 0 assuming DT doesn't factor in. (Which I think it does).
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-11 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Asura.Werdxi said: »

I also started looking into this last night, I had proposed the idea that the Tp move does a certain amount of damage to you and goes through your MP and then to your HP.

Perhaps the machanic is that it takes off x number of buffs and then multiplies that by a number that is dealt to your MP and then to your HP. So like 500 damage per buff. If someone has 1000 HP and 500 MP then it does 500 damage to HP and depletes MP to 0 assuming DT doesn't factor in. (Which I think it does).
Doesn't work. With absolutely zero buffs on my Red Mage, Quenching Hammer on D was doing ~200 HP and ~600 MP damage per use; my MP didn't fully run out until the third use.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-10-11 18:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another very simple method for VD Intense : RUN/NIN, COR (Beast+Drachen), GEO (Torpor+Frailty), 2 SMNs doing Light with Flaming Crush > Volt Strike and Mewing Lullaby. 4 min win without SPs, NM never uses a TP move, One For All is used during Chainspell. NM can get TP with spells (Occult Accumen trait) but it's easy to make them doing 0 dmg with Stoneskin and Silence works.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Food does not count toward damage, and doesnt get dispelled
 Asura.Cubswoo
user: Jadey
By Asura.Cubswoo 2016-10-11 19:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a 2100 PUP on Asura with full DD spec who would like to do Chapter 1 VD Ambuscade whatever just send me a /tell if I'm on

Also AA EV is a bad tank and not worth using, welp there's my story I'll hang up and listen, next caller
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 19:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR and DRG are nice on Intense.
We were wiping by 10% on VD before swapping out BLU with a DRG for Angon.

The extra damage from angon made a huge difference. Difficult is a breeze now. Will try VD after a break.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 19:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Opens with chainspell, only does it 1x per fight (within first 25%)
Ae Damage is based on number of buffs
Maneuvers/food dont count as buffs (runes/geo stuff does)
Can use providence (massive regen/haste) and summons 6 adds
Each add as an en-effect, slow, paralyze, slow, blind, etc
Adds respawn, keeping them out prevents further providence
Adds seem to stop hammer entirely

Now if someone would figure out how to spawn / not spawn adds. Without adds you can deal with 200 dmg ae, with adds you could have a paladin flash and keep agro no problem.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 19:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying on VD, no buffs at all, Hammer did 771. Adding only Geo-Haste took damage to 5970.
By Nocki 2016-10-11 19:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Trying on VD, no buffs at all, Hammer did 771. Adding only Geo-Haste took damage to 5970.

Ahahahaha. Rude frog.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-10-11 19:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if Samba's count as a buff? Haste Samba could be quite useful here if not.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-10-11 20:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Any hints on whats spawning add's?
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 20:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesnt use hammer at all if ts just pet + maneuvers/food fyi , just did 4x fights on easy and have yet to see hammer again.

solo, no trusts.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 20:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Anyone know if Samba's count as a buff? Haste Samba could be quite useful here if not.
I think it appears as a buff for the Dancer but not for the other party members. The other party members get the effect but not the icon, so I guess it won't count.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 20:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We did a handful of successful runs on VD using the Puppetmaster method but it did take a few runs of trial-and-error to get it down to a science. If you're using this approach timing is everything, you need to run in-and-out between uses of Quenching Hammer. It's pretty easy to predict though, just watch for the Automaton's HP sharply falling and use that as your cue to recast Luopans and use Repair. Recommend all Puppetmasters have 3-4 Dawn Mulsums incase things get hairy.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Video is best watched in full screen and set to 1080p HD.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 20:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Cleared 2 Min: 37 seconds including meditating/regaining.
Actual Fight was 30 seconds tops. Angon/Frailty is so nice.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 20:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Using SPs or what was the strategy?
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-10-11 20:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few VD Regular Orobons, I was RDM/BLM alternating stun and flat blade every TP move I saw it charge up. Was max hasted with mighty guard and even honor march for extra measure. Wasn't too bad to kill ultimately, but our best times were ~3m30s. No GEO though. I imagine a BLU could be stunner if needed doing same thing with lunge/flat blade. Not really sure if this is that great an approach, but it worked.
By dustinfoley 2016-10-11 20:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just confirmed, it doesnt use magic hammer if there are no mages.

dnc cor pup, no ae, but adds do spawn, seems timed based.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 20:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Using SPs or what was the strategy?

Using SPs.

The no buff thing seems like it would take forever. Just an alternative method really.

If you do things right. You can get 8400 Hallmarks in 3 fights with your seals.

Went pretty well
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-10-11 21:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Video of the fight using the reset TP strat, no SP used. NM seems to have little to no regain at all.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2016-10-11 21:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Did a few VD Regular Orobons, I was RDM/BLM alternating stun and flat blade every TP move I saw it charge up. Was max hasted with mighty guard and even honor march for extra measure. Wasn't too bad to kill ultimately, but our best times were ~3m30s. No GEO though. I imagine a BLU could be stunner if needed doing same thing with lunge/flat blade. Not really sure if this is that great an approach, but it worked.
We've been running almost exclusively with BLUs, Sudden Lunge stun lock just wrecks this fight. He's got a lot of HP, but if done correctly, the fish doesn't even have a chance to do damage, it just becomes a DPS check. Fairly easy fight once you get him stuck.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-11 21:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried THF on it while some PUP stuff was going on. Running in and using SA Rudra's between weaponskills does a lot of damage. What I think will probably work is this. Do meditate or regain roll to get everybody at 1000 TP and put up full buffs. Then every melee uses a WS before engaging. It should instantly chainspell. Then you can engage and kill it before chainspell wears off. It only has about 200k HP and chainspell lasts a minute.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12