October 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 02:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Important to note her Palisade is not a 5 minute CD. She used it 4 times within the span of 9 minutes. Her cures are also fairly potent, with a 3 healing for 520 on herself.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-11 02:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Just cleared Vol. 2 on VD, my observations.

- NM has VERY HIGH Regain, spams TP moves back-to-back throughout the entire fight.
- Lanterns CAN NOT BE BROKEN. Three BLU spamming CDC were unable to break it.
- NM has access to a unique TP move, Bewitching Lantern, which is an AoE Charm and puts a Crab costume on everyone who gets Charmed.
- Bewitching Lantern charmed three people, completely bypassed Vex and Attunement from an Idris GEO using Bolster.
- NM has a high amount of DT-%.
Wasn't the gimmick changed in escha iirc high DMG MB/skillchain broke it? Seems SE just gives a different gimmick to Oboron NMs each time!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-11 02:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
The hands look pretty dang sweet paired with Rag.
Emicho Hands HQ still best. These are a cheaper alternative though.
By Nocki 2016-10-11 03:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Vol. 1 VE Testing:
It is 1 Poroggo that summons 0 ads
It can use Chainspell and spam -ga IV and -ja spells.
It has a TP move called Tyrannix Blare that has AoE Skillchain Light properties, full dispels, and hurts your MP.
It uses this move randomly (doesn't seem % based).
Unsleepable.

Will do Easy next, and keep going upwards until we can't kill it lol.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 03:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer seems to function the same. AoE magic damage that hits both HP and MP with a full dispel.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-11 03:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For the volume 2 if the charm is unavoidable(which it sounds like), I would suggest everyone stay in range and get charmed and keep DoTs on like Dia3 and Requiem. I'm sure it doesn't last that long if you're not using a pet build. I bet there is a way to break the lanterns though. For volume 1 DDS will want to turtle up and keep defensive songs, rolls, geo spells and phalanx 2 up with tacos. Could also ride Defender.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 03:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Vol. 1 VE Testing:
It is 1 Poroggo that summons 0 ads
It can use Chainspell and spam -ga IV and -ja spells.
It has a TP move called Tyrannix Blare that has AoE Skillchain Light properties, full dispels, and hurts your MP.
It uses this move randomly (doesn't seem % based).
Unsleepable.

Will do Easy next, and keep going upwards until we can't kill it lol.
Are you sure? We saw a TP move called Quenching Hammer which we suspect is either Light or Water damage, most likely Light since Magic Hammer is Light. It seems to deal a lot of HP damage as well, might be proportional the amount of MP it also took.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-11 03:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quenching Hammer did 7.5k to people with EA/Scherzo on D, so I guess the full dispel is applied before the damage.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 03:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 18.5k through capped DT and barrier tusk on BLU.

Tried this with COR to see if we could stay out of range. It SEEMS that you deal less damage the further you are from the NM, as my COR was hitting for literally 5 a shot. As soon as I used Leaden, he countered with Hammer and one-shot everybody. Possibly a coincidence, but it was instantaneous.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-11 03:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We also experienced it doing Hammer after a WS and tried auto attacking it to death, but he still got it off.
By Nocki 2016-10-11 03:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls mate said my chat is glitched and that in his chat the move is called Quenching Hammer. So, it's probably that~

Just confirmed in our Easy run, it was that. Also Fade + Fend wasn't much more helpful than Vex/Attunement.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-11 03:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just you, had someone else in LS call it Tyrannic Blare as well. Incoming emergency maint. :[

Also, Utsusemi doesn't absorb Hammer.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 03:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth noting that Valiance, the Magic Def. Bonus effect of it anyway, cannot be dispelled.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-10-11 03:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, Quenching Hammer took all characters MP while being very close to the frog. 2 characters that I had really far away (~25Yalm?) only had about 60% of their MP taken. The damage they took was also drastically reduced. Still was a full dispel.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-11 03:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we beat D abusing Perfect Defense and Yaegasumi. Killed it in 40s with SAM, BLU, GEO, BRD, SMN and the BLU hardly did much and I kinda dicked around at the start trying to get PD up. All it took was 5 Fudos and 1 CDC to kill it. Can absolutely kill it in under 30s during Asylum/PD duration on D and maybe even VD with a full party of well-geared players. I'd probably do DD DD DD GEO WHM SMN and resetting 1 hours until further information is found on how to deal with Quenching Hammer without cheesing it. It did 2 Quenching Hammers during the fight. First did normalish damage (1685 with PD) and the second did about 350 damage. SAMs will take 0 damage with Yaegasumi up, though.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 03:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, on BLU, Hammer is a full dispel EXCEPT for Magic Barrier. The barrier was also not fully drained. I was able to take zero HP damage but lost all MP. Buffs active were Barrier Tusk, Saline Coat, Magic Barrier, and Mighty Guard, as well as idling in 50% DT.

Just a theory, but it's possible the damage is increased based on how much damage it takes before using Hammer. The only time we were able to get a WS off on VD was my COR run, where a 4k Leaden caused Hammer to deal 15k+ to everybody, in comparison to earlier runs where lower damage dealt had weaker hammers. Again, just conjecture.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 04:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Embrava can be dispelled either.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 04:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a preliminary video of the Oboron fight. Image might be grainy until YouTube codes it fully.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nocki 2016-10-11 04:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The range that you need to be out of in order for it to deal 0 damage to your MP (and not get dispelled at all) is 35 yalms. We just did a test run where I was running in and out of range on WHM to toss out cures and shellra5 everyone again after hammer.
Also, it definitely helps to have vex attunement, noticeable damage difference on our DD without it.
 Bahamut.Ewest
Server: Bahamut
user: ron1988
By Bahamut.Ewest 2016-10-11 04:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Their is a way to break the lanterns it take away the -dt but need to pay close to message box so far I stun it with ws stun gkt and it break it all the time only when it about to start the bewitch move then break after. it does come back as a 1hr animation later.
sorry it small but u can break it when u stun ws on bewitch or sleep aoe move.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Myasasa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Myasasa
By Carbuncle.Myasasa 2016-10-11 04:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

how's the magic dmg on the Oboron ?
Maybe, finally an Ambush for MB ?
 Bahamut.Ewest
Server: Bahamut
user: ron1988
By Bahamut.Ewest 2016-10-11 04:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't done magic dmg, trust that as magic auto make it heal but skillchain work still
By Nocki 2016-10-11 04:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the frog's dispel take off Abdhaljs Seal buff? Because if it does... SE plz.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 04:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't remove Reraise, so I highly doubt it.
 Asura.Seriweri
Server: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-11 05:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some solo attempts (blu/nin) on the fish on normal, closest I got was 10%, which included soloing without trusts after charm wore off. it has a move that goes straight through shadows, for 750ish without any notable -dt gear.

The frog, at first I soloed it on sch/rdm no trusts on VE. silence didnĀ“t land even after 4+ immunobreaks, but gravity sticked everytime. ionohelix wore it down in like 10 minutes.

Came back on sam/war, and killed it with 2x 3 step light in ~20 seconds :x Gonna attempt higher difficulties later.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-10-11 07:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds a lot like PUPs will murder that frog on VD.
By Kaelan 2016-10-11 07:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Orobon:

You can turn around to avoid both the Hypnotic Lantern and Bewitching Lantern. Just gotta watch out for being animation-locked from WS/JA/etc and not being able to turn around. Once you're reliably avoiding the Charm, the fight isn't too bad.

Death Gnash gets big hits (hit me for ~1900 once), but can't kill you and doesn't erase shadows, so it's not really as dangerous as it looks.

Takes about 10min to solo on normal with mediocre NIN gear and Apururu/Kupipi/Koru-Moru/Zeid/Amchuchu.
[+]
 Leviathan.Slasher
Server: Leviathan
user: Slasher
By Leviathan.Slasher 2016-10-11 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

At work. Can anybody tell me what the reward setup for armors is this month? Do we still get vouchers for total hallmarks and the new set is from gallantry? If it followed the previous months' pattern we'd be getting the vouchers from gallantry this time :)

Thanks!
By Kaelan 2016-10-11 08:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's as you said, vouchers are gallantry now and the new gear is total hallmarks.
By Verda 2016-10-11 08:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is quenching hammer stunnable?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12