October 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Orij
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Orijine
By Asura.Orij 2016-10-12 01:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense VD - RUN/rdm- DD (or smn) Cor SMN SMN SMN , Run/rdm can usually live through anything the frog does, while using Tenebrae , Valiance, Oneforall , the others can live as well pending with over starting buffs. after the initial hammer, or blare, run immediately starts kiting , Vivacious Pulse, regains 200 mp keeps hate while kiting, other smns come in and BP Either using Garuda, or Ramuh (Voltstrike, Predator claws) ONLY on the frogs casting spells, then goes back to starting corner, each BP does a healthy number of damage while rune continues to kite. smns usually sub whm in case they do get hit with the hammer so easily able to Reraise. with vivaciouspulse replenishing some HP and MP its easily done with keeping run alive. Fight is usually 3-5 mins pending on initial first buff times.

works well with a good coordinated group. may take a few tries to get the hang of it, but it seems to be the way i like to do in my opinion since the using of PD per run is really relied on, but considering wipes all buffs tp mp it makes it also hectic at times. so i prefer to stick to the kiting method.

also depends on how well the summoners are. so far the most fun intense ambuscade released yet. but also a headache if execution is poor.

enjoy
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-12 02:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So glad I'm done with this crap.

I'm grateful for how spammable last month was with no effort. It was nice gil.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2016-10-12 08:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I went in solo on pup/rdm and he spawned adds with the first 10%. Never used quenching hammer unless I summoned trusts. He even did it when I summoned a cor trust (qultada) so I'm not sure if it treats all trusts as mages or what. Have not tried with a real cor. Pld and RUN set him off though and makes him use hammer from what I've seen.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 08:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Orij said: »
Intense VD - RUN/rdm- DD (or smn) Cor SMN SMN SMN , Run/rdm can usually live through anything the frog does, while using Tenebrae , Valiance, Oneforall , the others can live as well pending with over starting buffs. after the initial hammer, or blare, run immediately starts kiting , Vivacious Pulse, regains 200 mp keeps hate while kiting, other smns come in and BP Either using Garuda, or Ramuh (Voltstrike, Predator claws) ONLY on the frogs casting spells, then goes back to starting corner, each BP does a healthy number of damage while rune continues to kite. smns usually sub whm in case they do get hit with the hammer so easily able to Reraise. with vivaciouspulse replenishing some HP and MP its easily done with keeping run alive. Fight is usually 3-5 mins pending on initial first buff times.

works well with a good coordinated group. may take a few tries to get the hang of it, but it seems to be the way i like to do in my opinion since the using of PD per run is really relied on, but considering wipes all buffs tp mp it makes it also hectic at times. so i prefer to stick to the kiting method.

also depends on how well the summoners are. so far the most fun intense ambuscade released yet. but also a headache if execution is poor.

enjoy

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see something other than a PUP strat being floated around. I posted in the SMN thread just now how effective I found Ramuh to be with Volume 2 so it's good to see confirmation that it's more of the same for Volume 1.
[+]
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-10-12 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Coincidentally, Wild Cookie is a login point item as well. I wonder if there is an Aquan Killer strategy for BST.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-12 09:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The new gym clothes are cute xD I may have found a new lockstyle: Seha Soccer Champion!
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-10-12 09:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright guys, I'm ready to go jogging in game too now

edit: since shirt is no-hands they should have added a wristwatch! And maybe headphones too for head!

and a smartphone as weapon

with selfie stick as sub
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-10-12 10:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Need a tight yoga pants.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-12 10:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, it seems a great idea adding "real life" cloths in FFXI.
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-12 11:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found some promising frog-farming spots other than reisenjima warp 2 & 5? Abyssea-Misareaux doesn't work unfortunately.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-10-12 11:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mamook

Edit: Rala Waterways works too, Foret and Marjami Ravine are also options.
By Justuas 2016-10-12 11:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »
Has anyone found some promising frog-farming spots other than reisenjima? Abyssea-Misareaux doesn't work unfortunately.
Toraimarai Canal?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-12 11:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Has anyone found some promising frog-farming spots other than reisenjima? Abyssea-Misareaux doesn't work unfortunately.
Toraimarai Canal?
That's a bit like asking where I can find some ice and telling me "have you tried Antarctica?" xD
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-10-12 11:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea how, but Bozzeto Necranura just performed a Light Skillchain on me after only a single TP move (Magic Hammer).
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-12 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Justuas said: »
Toraimarai Canal?
That's a bit like asking where I can find some ice and telling me "have you tried Antarctica?" xD

They're here, although it doesn't appear to be super convenient. I'd have to double check if there's a book teleport that's closeish.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-12 12:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fk u guys I don't care about anything, I'm just happy I got running shoes!!
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 12:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN+PLD duo'd intense ambuscade no trust

100>>50% straight tank just keep smn out of range of his AGA
50%>0% kite, bpact on casting spells, outrange kaustra/death for sure
(frog TP move readies at =<20 and seems to have 20 range so as long as pld keeps mob 20~30range its np)

Used leviathan for consistancy/mp

we do take a geo mule for /follow indi refresh but not really needed
no 1hrs needed
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
SMN+PLD duo'd intense ambuscade no trust

100>>50% straight tank just keep smn out of range of his AGA
50%>0% kite, bpact on casting spells, outrange kaustra/death for sure
(frog TP move readies at =<20 and seems to have 20 range so as long as pld keeps mob 20~30range its np)

Used leviathan for consistancy/mp

we do take a geo mule for /follow indi refresh but not really needed
no 1hrs needed

Very interesting. What difficulty on Intense?
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

can do this on D or VD, we only got 1 attempt on VD before smn had to afk for work and i accidentally let TP move go off...whoops(lazy on pathing him around the pillars).

pld wasnt taking anymore dmg on VD and levi was hitting just as hard. will post a video later when smn is back.

straight tank opposite of smn for splash dmgs: tried bpact>mewing with much success on this one until 25% idk if he gets some regain but after 25% he would start actually getting tp moves off, hence kite strat

kites on Difficult

victoly:

dmg numbers on VD lol 17k actually hitting harder than it did on D
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 13:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

can do this on D or VD, we only got 1 attempt on VD before smn had to afk for work and i accidentally let TP move go off...whoops(lazy on pathing him around the pillars).

pld wasnt taking anymore dmg on VD and levi was hitting just as hard. will post a video later when smn is back.

Okay cool, thanks. It's interesting you're using Leviathan on a water-based NM, but I can understand the reasons for at the least using Spring Water and such.

Spinning Dive I assume?

EDIT: Nevermind, you posted screenshots at the same time I posted. I see Volt Strike, which is what I use for Volume 2. I'm wondering why you switched to Spinning Dive since it is doing less damage?
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 13:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

we did not use spring water once, pld is very self sufficient

apologies the very LAST screenshot was VD run

first 3 are D

volt strike is expensive :(
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 13:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

first 3 are D

I gotcha. It just wrecks house on Volume 2 but yes, it is more costly. We'll see though, I may just bring potions and such each fight in order to do more damaging BP's - or at least alternate BP types.

Did you say you did Mewing Lullaby in-between Spinning Dives?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-10-12 13:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Nice to see a fight with people coming up with lots of ideas that all work.

Was reading for two pages thinking this exact thing. Bravo community, maybe we're growing.
 Asura.Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-12 13:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

first 3 are D

I gotcha. It just wrecks house on Volume 2 but yes, it is more costly. We'll see though, I may just bring potions and such each fight in order to do more damaging BP's - or at least alternate BP types.

we originally tried mewing, it works great till 25% but is not necessary. we settled on just spamming spinning dives and kiting at 50% because of death/kaustra access and TP moves start getting off at <25%.

so we just spam spinning dive onry now
 Asura.Orij
user: Orijine
By Asura.Orij 2016-10-12 13:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

straight tank opposite of smn for splash dmgs: tried bpact>mewing with much success on this one until 25% idk if he gets some regain but after 25% he would start actually getting tp moves off, hence kite strat

kites on Difficult

victoly:

dmg numbers on VD lol 17k actually hitting harder than it did on D

Not every summoner is a heliades smn lok
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 13:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this strat will blow for SMN's who aren't geared well. There's no other way to really say it.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-12 14:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see how you would run out of MP as a Summoner in this, even using Volt Strike as much as possible.

Presuming +15 MP per refresh tick, you're getting back around 105 MP between every BP. Elemental Siphon should give back around 900+ MP, and then convert is a fallback once you finally do get super low, after which Siphon is up again, etc. If you have free party space, then you have Moogle trust for even more MP.

I haven't tried the new Ambuscade at all yet though.
By Verda 2016-10-12 14:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought how cool would kite strat be for RNG? Apparently SE said no to ranger however, my ranged attacks did 4 damage each and jishnu's did a whopping 58 damage, what is that like 99% damage reduction vs ranged? why D: Trueflight is also resisted constantly and only hits for like 5k when it isn't resisted.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 14:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Thought how cool would kite strat be for RNG? Apparently SE said no to ranger however, my ranged attacks did 4 damage each and jishnu's did a whopping 58 damage, what is that like 99% damage reduction vs ranged? why D: Trueflight is also resisted constantly and only hits for like 5k when it isn't resisted.

Holy crap! That's nuts. We used RNG, SMN and COR last night for Volume 2 but Volt Strike pulled ahead by leaps and bounds (not to mention broke the lamps).

No complaints though. It's about time SMN sees some action around here.

That's a little disconcerting though about RNG >_> especially since I recently updated it.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-12 14:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

first 3 are D

we originally tried mewing, it works great till 25% but is not necessary. we settled on just spamming spinning dives and kiting at 50% because of death/kaustra access and TP moves start getting off at <25%.

so we just spam spinning dive onry now

Just out of curiosity, which Entrust Geocolure was used on you?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12