New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30
By Yandaime 2016-10-11 21:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Flat Blade and also Sudden Lunge. Huh. I wonder if it can be Terrorized..
By Sockfoot 2016-10-12 21:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also turn from Hypnic/Bewitching
By Nocki 2016-11-10 01:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense VD: Trolls.
There is a boss man and his Zahak.
Upon aggro he summons 4 ads. 2 PLDs and 2 RNGs.
PLDs will individually pro shell the whole group.
All I got so far because I went in alone on GEO and died really fast lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-10 02:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue with VD intense this month is taking down the aura on the main boss. Grants him some pretty serious DT. He has Pleiades Ray with all of the shittyness that comes with that. Earth based skillchains seem to heal him, fire based ones did not seem to. Occasionally he seems to get some absurdly high regen, but it looks like it can be dispelled(Puppet stole it with Regulator, I think).

We killed all the adds and held the boss while we tried a few things, but we were fairly limited. Doesn't look like a bad fight if you can break the aura.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-10 02:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trolls immune to T/N lullaby.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-11-10 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zahhak has Mighty Strikes. It was fairly easy to take down on Intense VD. I avoided buffing until it was dead to avoid voidsong.

Taking down adds is fairly straightforward but Pleiades Ray can cause some heartache. I imagine it will not be a big deal if you have real players instead of a bunch of multi-boxes.

None of the mobs are sleepable with Lullaby. I didn't try anything else and just supertanked instead.
By Sockfoot 2016-11-10 03:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Vol 2 - Bohun Upas seems to steal buffs/gain some heavy DT intermittently. Seems to have a slow aura, also.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-11-10 03:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the claim that SE was pleased with how their October ambuscade turned out was bull.

DT EVERYWHERE!!!!
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-10 03:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris Vex/Attunement doesn't really do ***against Pleiades Ray even on N, so bring plenty of Remedies. Pleiades Ray is further than 20' yalms. Boss didn't have aura immediately; it appeared approximately 15 seconds after adds had popped. Removed a RNG aura with a Light SC.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genryu
Server: Bahamut
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-11-10 03:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not had chance to try the higher difficulties yet, as my regular ambu partners are not online, but I managed to solo both normal and intense on 119 difficulty without much trouble on Run/blu.

Intense took a bit of trial and error tying to get hate under control on all the trolls initially (I had spikes up, so super tanking was a no no), but I found switching to GAxe and spamming Fell Cleave worked wonders. He uses Hundred Fists at around 50% HP, but it was easy to kite with movement+ gear.
[+]
 Asura.Orij
Server: Asura
user: Orijine
By Asura.Orij 2016-11-10 04:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

GA As rune?
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-11-10 04:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried VD intense Adds and NM were immune to sleep, gravity. Para/slow/blind landed, uses frog song to give "magic immunity" to party of trolls but it also seemed to make them absorb all magic, tried fire,thunder,stone, subduction, bio, all absorbed. When absorbtion wore he and adds all had very high magic resist/mdb. Very potent regen seemed to be randomly triggered. Ended up winning it on normal but took 15mins with 4 people Pld blu geo sch our brd dc'd. VD normal with geo haste + marchx2 seemed to counter slow aura enough where the fight only took 2min with same group.
By Sockfoot 2016-11-10 04:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness seems to take off Slow aura on Vol. 2
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-11-10 05:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the message this month is do our campaign events and ignore ambuscade lol wtf.
 Bahamut.Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-11-10 05:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Orij said: »
GA As rune?

Yes, granted it is not a common choice, but it has some great situational utility (Thanks to Fell Cleave) and is well worth skilling up. Rune has B ranked GAxe skill and has access to a small number of decent GA options.

Whilst we will never put out the Fell Cleave numbers of a warrior, we have fantastic survivability when geared and supported correctly, and can tank large numbers of mid levelled enemies relatively safely, at which point spamming Fell Cleave for moderate damage against multiple mobs becomes much more efficient than big damage single target ws.

I've used it to great affect in the past, including soloing the Borealis Shadow UNM as well as when soloing capacity points.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2016-11-10 06:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I think the message this month is do our campaign events and ignore ambuscade lol wtf.

Seems that way but still a gil maker if nothing else.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-10 10:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense Ambuscade is pretty easy to solo as high as E, as long as you're careful about EES.

Pull > kill the RNG > kill the boss (August can tank Hundred Fists with Apururu or Yoran healing as long as they have MP left) > kill the PLD.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 10:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »
I had spikes up, so super tanking was a no no

Spikes don't interfere with supertanking. Reprisal would suck [sometimes] if it did, lol (and I've confirmed with Ice spikes etc too)

While I haven't personally done this month yet, adds summoned mid-fight have always operated on the same hate rules as everything in ambuscade--party hate (everyone always has at least 1CE on everything, essentially).

Edit: And I recall from messing with orcs, that persists through complete-wipe + safe-distance reraise.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-10 10:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense NM gets an insane amount of DT-% and Regen at certain stages. It must be connected to his helpers.
 Bahamut.Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-11-10 11:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Spikes don't interfere with supertanking. Reprisal would suck [sometimes] if it did, lol (and I've confirmed with Ice spikes etc too)

Really? I always assumed that as soon as an add struck you with spikes active, it counted as damage by you, and put you on that mobs hate list, meaning that any mage curing you from that point would also join the hate list. I'm glad to see I am wrong about that.

But yeah, hate was certainly a bit choppy with he adds during the first few fights, but it certainly got better after a bit of trial and error.

I'm a returning player and have not done much in the way of Ambuscade, so some of the mechanics are still a bit foreign to me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-10 12:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope there's an easy cheesy strat for this month for both normal and intense. 8D
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-11-10 12:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Really? I always assumed that as soon as an add struck you with spikes active, it counted as damage by you, and put you on that mobs hate list, meaning that any mage curing you from that point would also join the hate list. I'm glad to see I am wrong about that.

But yeah, hate was certainly a bit choppy with he adds during the first few fights, but it certainly got better after a bit of trial and error.

I'm a returning player and have not done much in the way of Ambuscade, so some of the mechanics are still a bit foreign to me.

As far as Ambuscade is concerned it's ally hate in the beginning and any actions done before engaging generate hate. So if the tank only acts on 1 mob and tries to run away then the adds will probably attack random members of the party. This is why self-buffs after the initial action against the boss or whatever you pull help draw the rest toward the tank. I'm pretty sure any cures can still pull hate no matter what unless the tank is actively generating hate via self-buffs or acting on the mobs.
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-10 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also thinking that Regen V, Mighty Guard and Embrava are the way to go on this fight. Ray will stun everyone and bury everyone under 5-6 status ailments including Paralyze and Silence. Therefore you're looking at a period of at least 10 seconds to get a Cure off, and that could be costly. Ray completely bypasses Vex and Attunement as well.

Preliminary setup I am considering looks like this.
PLD/SCH/GEO/BRD/DRK/BLU

Drain III DOES work on the helpers and a good DRK can get 6500-7000 HP before engaging the MB. Catastrophe is also pretty much an instant full heal if it connects. COR might be an option as well.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 13:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone confirmed geo-debuffs even work this month? Never know.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-11-10 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went for the 3rd fail group on normal: Nin blu pld whm bst and sch setup killed all adds (think was 2 not sure) got NM down to around 25% and welp no win. They kept saying "Do light/Dark" and even with it regaining 20~30% total HP in 3 min they kept going. Anyone able to clear up what the best idea is on this NM? I know its a bit early but not everyone will have best of best gear and be able to do a 2~3 min run but I want to know if better to White damage and Savage blade spam or pet jobs that dont SC when TP move is used or what. Know they dont sleep/grav adds it just does not seem to land but help me out I do not want to have to solo VE
By veddertehtaco 2016-11-10 14:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea sry bout that bro, was so tired my eyes weren't picking up chat properly last night

Things we did notice:
2adds (pld+rng) on VE/guessing E/and N; 4 adds (2ea type) on D
Adds pop on agg
Aura/cloak happens at some point early in, , not sure if time related or what
Can't say what colour it is to see if it can be dropped(?) via a SC=mb or what but like brotherhood said almost all Magic I saw was being absorbed
Uses draw in, seems to be triggered if use same element twice but possibly another factor
Can be para'd, at least on VE solo by trust (Cheru)
Adds also get aura/cloak
Possibly TP's in response to ws (theory)
Seen Sonuc-something?/Head snatch(?)/Diamond fists at lower hp/Haymaker/ and of course ray
Having run put up water runes I think helped with ray Poison effect and remedy did rest of status issues
The cloak/aura is a big issue
Also when I solo'd VE (wasn't an issue drk main/August/Cheri/arc/yoran/sel)) I did NM > pld> rng but casted NV/DS drain 2 (not enough jp's yet ><)on NM at start before aura pop
 Asura.Kunel
Server: Asura
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-11-10 14:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen any info on this here yet in regard to Intense VD, so will share:

Bozetto Justicars' aura can be removed through magical weapon skills.

Bozetto Sharpshooters' aura can be removed through physical weapon skills.

They both regenerate their auras after 10 seconds or so, so use of AoE WS is preferable.

One strat is to have a BLU spam Circle Blade and a THF spam Aeolian Edge while others continue to kill the mobs.

Once auras are off, the boss's aura will also disappear and can be damaged normally.

Boss will also absorb magic damage and SC damage during WS and while under the effect of his special move, so it's better to spam Savage Blade so there is no chance of chaining.

Composition for this strat was: PLD, BLU x2, THF, BRD, GEO

*Edit: Info based on JP findings
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2016-11-10 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

K so kunei got auras figured out but what if the adds get killed before or just after aura repop?

Any idea on the regen/DT stuff yet? Someone mentioned it as possibly being tied to helpers?

Do the plds cause his DT/regen? Do the rngs? (Keep alive/kill to lock it?) or is it just a buff that can be removed/dispel?

Also, what colour is the aura(s) does removing it off one/both pld (/ring)cause NMs to change colour? Tru mentioned it absorbing earth but not fire, or was this common to trolls?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-11-10 15:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Haven't seen any info on this here yet in regard to Intense VD, so will share:

Bozetto Justicars' aura can be removed through magical weapon skills.

Bozetto Sharpshooters' aura can be removed through physical weapon skills.

They both regenerate their auras after 10 seconds or so, so use of AoE WS is preferable.

One strat is to have a BLU spam Circle Blade and a THF spam Aeolian Edge while others continue to kill the mobs.

Once auras are off, the boss's aura will also disappear and can be damaged normally.

Boss will also absorb magic damage and SC damage during WS and while under the effect of his special move, so it's better to spam Savage Blade so there is no chance of chaining.

Composition for this strat was: PLD, BLU x2, THF, BRD, GEO

Roughly how long was this taking you to beat?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 28 29 30