Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-11-10 16:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Quote:
Haven't seen any info on this here yet in regard to Intense VD, so will share:

Bozetto Justicars' aura can be removed through magical weapon skills.

Bozetto Sharpshooters' aura can be removed through physical weapon skills.

They both regenerate their auras after 10 seconds or so, so use of AoE WS is preferable.

One strat is to have a BLU spam Circle Blade and a THF spam Aeolian Edge while others continue to kill the mobs.

Once auras are off, the boss's aura will also disappear and can be damaged normally.

Boss will also absorb magic damage and SC damage during WS and while under the effect of his special move, so it's better to spam Savage Blade so there is no chance of chaining.

Composition for this strat was: PLD, BLU x2, THF, BRD, GEO

Roughly how long was this taking you to beat?

Edited my original post to include this, but this was actually based on JP findings. According to the source, it should take about 5 or so minutes.
 Bahamut.Illadenyu
Server: Bahamut
user: Shikkoden
By Bahamut.Illadenyu 2016-11-10 16:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

veddertehtaco said: »
K so kunei got auras figured out but what if the adds get killed before or just after aura repop?

Any idea on the regen/DT stuff yet? Someone mentioned it as possibly being tied to helpers?

Do the plds cause his DT/regen? Do the rngs? (Keep alive/kill to lock it?) or is it just a buff that can be removed/dispel?

Also, what colour is the aura(s) does removing it off one/both pld (/ring)cause NMs to change colour? Tru mentioned it absorbing earth but not fire, or was this common to trolls?

Just had a group do this method. However the aura didn't come off the main NM once we killed the adds. We ended up warping after due to the crazy DT and regen.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-11-10 17:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the ray a one time move or does he do it mutiple times?
 Bahamut.Illadenyu
Server: Bahamut
user: Shikkoden
By Bahamut.Illadenyu 2016-11-10 17:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple times.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-10 17:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 had a white aura on easy, pet tanked big boss while i killed ranger/pld. Killed ranger first (no issue removing aura), then pld (no magic ws as a pup), pet had killed big guy and pld just had his invincible come off.

Pup, (rng tnk pet, most of the fight in dd gear, switch to pet pdt 1x when he droped below 50%, never had to use repair).

trusts (amchuchu, 2 healers, 1 rdm, seltheus)
By veddertehtaco 2016-11-10 17:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So any idea if the regen/dt is a buff or possibly attached to the death (assuming you killed adds) of the adds?

Someone mentioned a light SC taking aura off a rng, what difficulty was that and did it use a magic ws?

Also, due to my colour vision I don't know if the auras actually have a colour. To me it looked grey/black/or something like that

Does killing one set of adds (both tng or both pld) change the colour ? If so then perhaps, if it's tied in with my previous hypothesis of dt/regen, that might influence strategy?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-11-10 18:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

D :
Very simple with PLD, NIN, BLU, SMN, GEO, WHM. PLD and NIN Circle Blade/Aeolian Edge together to remove auras while BLU and SMN kill the boss asap. 4~ min win.

VD :
Zahhak can Nullsong, Mighty Strike and Body Slam for up to 2k~ dmg but ES Silence lands everytimes and it has low hp, it die very fast.
Bozzetto Bruiser has access to Head Size, a new tp move we never saw in D, I believe it replaces Head Snatch. Head Size reduces hp to 1 on a single target and bypass DT/EA which is very dangerous with the adds attacking the tank at the same time.
We have won on the second try but we had to use SPs. Tank always got killed by Head Size+melee hit.

Geo-debuffs works.
[+]
By veddertehtaco 2016-11-10 18:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Headsize be blink tanked? Thinking a rdm might be a good job in this fight with enfeebs access to magic/physical ws's back up cures etc

Tank on NM with Healer (super yanking at start?)
rdm debuffs zahak + DD burn it down
DD x2 work with rdm on getting aura down/adds down
3rd DD starts on NM with pld+healer, maybe a pet job?

Still wanna figure out the DT/regen mechanic

Might just be better to do D and not worry about the zahak (?)

Any info coming in on regular ambu?
Edit: could rdm or pld do the adds and have a run tank NM? Not sure on the hate mechanics yet but I recall the NM actually drawing in his own adds so maybe not
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-11-10 19:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

noticed the Bella NM with shield up seems to take higher damage based around % and damage type can anyone else see if they notice same thing?
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-11-10 21:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does fire based damage remove belladonna's aura?
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-11 02:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some extra info on Intense, AOE damage seems to ignore GEO dematerialize.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-11 02:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Really?
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-11 02:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
What? Really?
Well, with 2100JP, the Luopan should last last atleast 1 minute 20 seconds, without taking damage, but every single time it's either dead long before hand, or extremely low HP.
 Asura.Orij
user: Orijine
By Asura.Orij 2016-11-11 05:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense VD - Best strat so far ive come up with is going as
RUN/RDM - geox1 -blmx3 - sch

Full buffs before hand even upon entry with regen aquaveil stoneskin etc while waiting on entry strats cd so once inside can phalanx pt and voidstorm

geo buffs - indi-refresh while first entry so full mp after inside bc buffs, Entrust Indi-focus on one of the blm (Due to possible draw in)
Indilanguor - BoG Malaise + Ecliptic Attrition on main boss,
geo can sub whm to help heal cause tank will recieve hate on all after a short time.

Run goes in first thing is rayke + gambit - Tenebrae- before sc goes off (Gravitation) with 3 blm you will stagger 1 2 3 deaths before any TP moves go off therefore no aura and the main boss gets oneshotted, run and geo will be main healers since can cure for hate

half way there to the easy streak - blms can get MP and can comet down on Zahak , usually dies fairly quick can wait for death timers to kill this either 3rd for easy kill. or can kill a rng during cooldown on deaths, ( Keep the plds for last as aka. Aspir Buddies)

after zahak is down, its a for sure win since they hit for next to nothing after the mains are defeated. usually do 1 sc per mob 1 blm can death at a time for 99k and instantly kills them.

will say this strat is without a doubt the most fun ive had in ambuscade and is a royal challange because you have to be quick with everything. sometimes you will die but if you can manage a MB helix on zahak you can easily recover upon position of entry.

usually takes about 4mins or so but is worth it.

please enjoy
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-11 05:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Orij said: »
Intense VD - Best strat so far ive come up with is going as
RUN/RDM - geox1 -blmx3 - sch

Full buffs before hand even upon entry with regen aquaveil stoneskin etc while waiting on entry strats cd so once inside can phalanx pt and voidstorm

geo buffs - indi-refresh while first entry so full mp after inside bc buffs, Entrust Indi-focus on one of the blm (Due to possible draw in)
Indilanguor - BoG Malaise + Ecliptic Attrition on main boss,
geo can sub whm to help heal cause tank will recieve hate on all after a short time.

Run goes in first thing is rayke + gambit - Tenebrae- before sc goes off (Gravitation) with 3 blm you will stagger 1 2 3 deaths before any TP moves go off therefore no aura and the main boss gets oneshotted, run and geo will be main healers since can cure for hate

half way there to the easy streak - blms can get MP and can comet down on Zahak , usually dies fairly quick can wait for death timers to kill this either 3rd for easy kill. or can kill a rng during cooldown on deaths, ( Keep the plds for last as aka. Aspir Buddies)

after zahak is down, its a for sure win since they hit for next to nothing after the mains are defeated. usually do 1 sc per mob 1 blm can death at a time for 99k and instantly kills them.

will say this strat is without a doubt the most fun ive had in ambuscade and is a royal challange because you have to be quick with everything. sometimes you will die but if you can manage a MB helix on zahak you can easily recover upon position of entry.

usually takes about 4mins or so but is worth it.

please enjoy
Interesting that bursts actually work on him, he has a reputation for absorbing magic.

Melee approach involves using AoE WS to drop aura and have your melee quickly change target to the MB until auras go back up. Dragoon works nicely as Sonic Thrust is conal and it can Jump to get TP back fast for burst phase on boss.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-11 06:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
What? Really?
Well, with 2100JP, the Luopan should last last atleast 1 minute 20 seconds, without taking damage, but every single time it's either dead long before hand, or extremely low HP.
You sure a strong DoT didn't land before you activated Dematerialize?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-11 06:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Interesting that bursts actually work on him, he has a reputation for absorbing magic.
That happens later in the fight from the reports I've read. HP based? Time based? Or more likely it's related to an aura/TPmove, but since you kinda oneshot it he doesn't have the time to put it up.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-11 06:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Really?

Pretty sure. I'd BOG pre-pull, pull, then immediate put down a bubble and de materialize. It was pretty rare for any of the mobs to get a TP move off before setting up, especially not the AoE status move. I'll check my logs when I get home to make absolutely sure.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-11-11 10:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
That happens later in the fight from the reports I've read. HP based? Time based? Or more likely it's related to an aura/TPmove, but since you kinda oneshot it he doesn't have the time to put it up.
Is he using Arcane Stomp? Normal Gurfurlur has that, and it grants him magic absorption.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-11 17:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Really?

Pretty sure. I'd BOG pre-pull, pull, then immediate put down a bubble and de materialize. It was pretty rare for any of the mobs to get a TP move off before setting up, especially not the AoE status move. I'll check my logs when I get home to make absolutely sure.

So, after checking my logs, turns out dematerialize works normally. If a Luopan is dematerialized, can status effects be placed on the Luopan? For example, let's say that you uses Dematerialize, then 10 seconds later, the NM uses Pleiades Ray which puts a decently potent Poison effect on everyone in range, would poison then be put onto the Luopan and take damage despite having dematerialze active?

EDIT: Sorry if this didn't make much sense.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-11 18:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, status effects can still hit. I've noticed this most while doing Maju and getting the burn from Backdraft applied to a dematerialized bubble.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-11-11 19:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura gives DT- and access to the most dangerous moves (Supersonic, Pleiades Ray and Head Seize)
Supersonic gives Magic Shield+Regen (undispellable and lasts 1~2 min)
Head Seize (VD only) reduces hp to 1 and reset hate.

The most important part to know :
A timer will start from the moment Bozzetto Bruiser or one of his adds has been damaged and the aura will appear after exactly 15 seconds. The Dahak in VD does not count, you can kill it first, the timer won't start as long nobody attacked the boss/adds, you can debuff them but not Dia/Poison. 15 seconds is plenty of time, enough to severely injure/kill the boss if you are prepared.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-11 20:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

How well does he take burst damage? Anyone notice a particular element? :0

Just curious if {Death} onry or if others can be used.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-11 20:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gurfurlur (and any monsters, like this one, made in his image) absorb all magic damage. So no elements (:

edit: nvm, didn't see the post earlier saying that MBs aren't absorbed. That's really weird.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-11 20:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He seems to take normal magic dmg , shantoto 2 bursts him np, the issue is one his aura goes up skill chains heal him, so no bursting until someone figures out how to get his aura down.
 Asura.Orij
user: Orijine
By Asura.Orij 2016-11-12 05:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the post i put up earlier shows how to counter it by killing it (the main first) with 3 blm death stagger rest is easy after that
By dustinfoley 2016-11-12 06:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

thats not how you counter the aura, thats a way to kill it before it gets aura.

if magic ws removes 1 aura, and physical ws removes other, there is goingt o be a way to remove mega boss aura..
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-12 07:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't absorb everything. Liquefaction and fusion chains were doing damage, scission was healing him though. Should give lv1 chains a shot and see what happens.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-12 07:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What he absorbs seems to rotate though cause ive had light dmg him, then not damage him. He might just go weak to 1 skill chain, and then u have to burst it or it changes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-12 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We have seen that mechanic before in Vagary, so that doesn't seem terribly unlikely tbh.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30