Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-05 14:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does "You feel repelled by a competing presence. Please wait a moment and try again later."

Mean its full?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-04-05 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so is this better to farm alexandrite then salvage and is this better for plutons and that then hard mode fights ?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-04-05 14:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How many alexs can you purchase per month? Determines whether or not I come back to the game imo
By Arcto 2016-04-05 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone said 1750 alex per month?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Where do the capes come from? Since I read someone saying only 2 per month, I'm guessing not a common pool drop from the fights.
They are brought With Hallmarks which you obtain by clears.
NMs do not drop anything.

Arcto said: »
How many points does N give? Could probably still finish augmenting a cape in one night i guess
Read a page back. Changes on which one, but the easiest one gives 100 marks per kill solo, on Normal. easiest being Sombra dragon on Tome 2.

Phoenix.Morihei said: »
Does anyone have a link to what armor is available? I'm still at work, but I want to study up so I can start planning how my gear will change!

Armor can be seen here. There is only 1 set in game at the moment, they change monthly, and yes you can buy the +1 armor.
By Arcto 2016-04-05 14:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I think I was just more curious to find out how fast one could cap a cape fully solo.
By Meeeeeep 2016-04-05 14:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
yes you can buy the +1 armor.
How much are set prices? OP doesn't list them.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »
yes you can buy the +1 armor.
How much are set prices? OP doesn't list them.

NQ:
Feet: 130HM
Legs: 620HM
Hands: 220HM
Body: 1050HM
Head: 370HM

HQ:
Feet: 1800HM
Legs: 8500HM
Hands: 3000HM
Body: 14500HM
Head: 5000HM

These are taken from your Total Collective for the Month, rather than your active ones that you have. Your total is Cumulative, but can spend it on these. Your active Allows you to buy the Currencies and Capes.
 Phoenix.Morihei
Server: Phoenix
user: Morihei
By Phoenix.Morihei 2016-04-05 14:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a link to the stats for NQ/HQ? Or augments? Or are the augments the same as capes?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 14:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morihei said: »
Does anyone have a link to the stats for NQ/HQ? Or augments? Or are the augments the same as capes?
They don't have Augments.
 Asura.Flipcork
Server: Asura
user: Mimaru
By Asura.Flipcork 2016-04-05 14:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So if you have 5k marks for example, you could get the +1 feet. Would the marks remain at 5k and also work towards unlocking the other +1 items as well?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-05 14:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The marks for the CUMULATIVE rewards are not expended. You just need to have amassed the required amount of points throughout the month to receive the item.
[+]
By Arcto 2016-04-05 14:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically guys if you reach 14500 you can buy the whole set. You are just required to reach the threshold hallmarks level of whatever you wish to purchase.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 14:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I triple checked and brought the boots, i did not loose Hall marks. you need 14500 to complete the set.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-04-05 16:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I triple checked and brought the boots, i did not loose Hall marks. you need 14500 to complete the set.

That's cool the items have some nice situational stats. But is the haste really between 1 and 3% per piece?
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-04-05 16:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On normal mode, Version 1, I had zero problems sleeping both of the helper orcs without focus or languor on RDM, and I silenced the BLM one after 3 or so casts.
 Sylph.Pve
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2016-04-05 16:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »

That's cool the items have some nice situational stats. But is the haste really between 1 and 3% per piece?

Yes, total is 10% for the set, Tempus Fugit would help offset it

How many augments can we put on a JSE cape? (I know there is a cap for augment items, but can we keep adding augments in the following months or?)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »
Asura.Evildemon said: »

Yes, total is 10% for the set, Tempus Fugit would help offset it

How many augments can we put on a JSE cape? (I know there is a cap for augment items, but can we keep adding augments in the following months or?)
One per Item.

And you keep using the same item to boost the stats.
So basically:
STR,DEX etc Stat as Augument 1
Attack/acc/Macc/M.eva/M.dmg etc as Augument 2
Fast cast/Cure potency/etc as Augument 3.

And yes you have to trade 20 to get acc/atk +20 for example.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-05 16:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcto said: »
How many points does N give? Could probably still finish augmenting a cape in one night i guess

You could plausibly solo a finished cape in a day, I think (though oh my god); N Sombra Dragon's a target dummy. There are real problems with instance capacity right now, though, and that won't change if everybody tries to rush their capes solo.

I really like this system a lot (the armor allows capping Haste to be an actual interesting choice and the way it's done [not ACTUALLY costing hallmarks] will "force" people to actually buy currency and dump it on the market) but the game's culture is going to have to change if it's going to work. We need to be more amenable to ad hoc partying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-04-05 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did Dragon D solo on GEO (idris) cause why not? I did indi-vex/geo-malaise and nuked it down with T1/T2 spells (very slowly!) took about 16 minutes, but went pretty fast once I figured it out. It switches elements based on the breath it's doing:

Flame breath -- nuke water
Wind breath -- nuke ice
Poison breath -- nuke thunder

Trusts were Augsut/Amchuchu/Apururu/KoH/Arciela I. Trusts were never in danger, just make sure you watch Apururu's MP (entrust refresh and radial her).
[+]
 Sylph.Pve
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2016-04-05 16:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
I just did Dragon D solo on GEO (idris) cause why not? I did indi-vex/geo-malaise and nuked it down with T1/T2 spells (very slowly!) took about 16 minutes, but went pretty fast once I figured it out. It switches elements based on the breath it's doing:

Flame breath -- nuke water
Wind breath -- nuke ice
Poison breath -- nuke thunder

Trusts were Augsut/Amchuchu/Apururu/KoH/Arciela I. Trusts were never in danger, just make sure you watch Apururu's MP (entrust refresh and radial her).

Apururu will not use Nott at all if she is under the effect of refresh, because of this, Arciela groups up with Apururu better than Koru-Moru since she won't refresh her (but Koru-Moru does)

It was pretty easy as BST, used tiger and spam razor claw until dead, I used same trusts
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-05 17:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think the Vol. 2 fights are meant to double as an alternative to target dummies, so that people can actually practice proper DPS coordination against a high HP target of ilvl X without mechanics likely to kill you.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-04-05 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So, anyone else feel Intense (Vol. 1) is kind of ***? I've never seen such screwed up hate mechanics.

First attempt (Difficult) was going... okay. We were targeting main NM first. Pugilist was running off to smack the WHM for some reason. But whatever, there were enough Provokes to go around. GEO was running Haste/Fury. Killed main NM, and either the Duelist or the Pugilist. Orc BLM started going psychotic and nuked us all to death (and I swear the AoE Sleepga ranges were larger than usual).

So, okay. Run Vex/Attunement, kill BLM first! Simple, right?

Second attempt (again, Difficult) was a mess. For some reason the main NM (Crusader) we hadn't even touched decides, "Nah, instead of attacking the PLD who's trying to supertank, I'll just do my own thing." At around this point the Duelist we also hadn't acted against was smacking the THF (and then the GEO after GEO cured THF). The Crusader runs all the way back to the WHM and charms them. So everyone starts dying from lack of WHM (think the Charm was 1min to 1.5min). Charm eventually wore off, but then the main NM (which, again, we hadn't acted against once) who was now smacking the rest of the party immediately recharmed the WHM.

And then there's the super huge aggro range upon trying to get back up. And no, no one else was alive at the time, so not alliance hate.

If the hate is going to be so screwy, I'm thinking the best strategy might be to bring melees with -50% DT sets and have each of them fight their own mob. PLD supertanking clearly isn't working (for us, at least).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-05 17:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet hate glitch strikes again!
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-05 17:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

On D Intense I handle the adds on BLU just spamming Entomb over and over which keeps them petrified while also doing damage until they finally fall over. Languor helps ensure the petrification effect lands each time.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 17:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How many points do you need to fully cap a cape? 6000 Hallmarks?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-05 18:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, plus the 500 for the cape.
By Titanfoo 2016-04-05 18:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My findings so far are:
Mhuara is a cluster****
Ambuscade is rage worthy (just trying to enter)
This event is easy
SE is dumb.
the Dev's suck at Ambuscade and don't understand this game.

Next time they post a live video of them failing on VE they should try it on a real server and we can watch them attempt to enter with frustration, maybe then hey would fix this BS, this is the worst planned event I've seen in this game. the congestion makes the best new gear in the game not worth it to me atm.

Sorry for the rant but needed to let it out, I'm going to go take my anger out on Domain Invasions now...
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2016-04-05 19:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

who wants a server merge now??? love when they add new content like this!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 28 29 30