Link | Quote | Reply

so any good places to farm the KI ?
 Bahamut.Genryu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2017-01-10 08:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Charm can be avoided with back turned. Managed to solo Intense VE for my Abdhaljs Seal on BST with little difficulty.

I suspect, this one will work great with a pet party and backwards facing tank on higher difficulties.
 Bahamut.Genryu
Server: Bahamut
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2017-01-10 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried soloing Regular on Difficult, and there seems to be some emnity based damage mechanic again, where the member with the most hate (probabally) bypasses physical resistances.

It was turning into a pretty slow grind, until Amchu died at around 50% and I took hate, at which point my damage ramped up instantly.

I could be wrong, there could be some other factor I have overlooked, and so more testing is required, however prior to Amchuchu dying I was probabally doing around a quarter/fifth of the damage I did afterwards and this was consistant throughout the remainder of the fight (There is currently a 20 person queue to get into Ambuscade on my server , so I'm probabally done for today), anyone experienced similar findings?

Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2017-01-10 09:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »
Charm can be avoided with back turned. Managed to solo Intense VE for my Abdhaljs Seal on BST with little difficulty.

I suspect, this one will work great with a pet party and backwards facing tank on higher difficulties.

Hmmm interesting,so back tank and rng, smn are the kings again this month!?
By Verda 2017-01-10 10:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamia supply is to say the least, terrible. Taken to doing Deserter Assault from Ilrusi, there's 12 lamia on that map.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-10 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The Survival Guide near Nuhn might work. Don't remember how many Lamia are near the Experimental Lamia pop spot, though.
By hobo 2017-01-10 15:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Charm seems to be around 16 range.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-01-10 15:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Genryu said: »
Just tried soloing Regular on Difficult, and there seems to be some emnity based damage mechanic again, where the member with the most hate (probabally) bypasses physical resistances.

It was turning into a pretty slow grind, until Amchu died at around 50% and I took hate, at which point my damage ramped up instantly.

I could be wrong, there could be some other factor I have overlooked, and so more testing is required, however prior to Amchuchu dying I was probabally doing around a quarter/fifth of the damage I did afterwards and this was consistant throughout the remainder of the fight (There is currently a 20 person queue to get into Ambuscade on my server , so I'm probabally done for today), anyone experienced similar findings?

every tank we have had has had the least amount of damage, are you watching for the head spikes? (appears to be a decent buff to PDT)
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2017-01-10 15:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it has been asked before but can we please have monthly Ambu threads/sticky said threads?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 15:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys its' a Flan NM .... they operate in modes. First is a smooth head where they take regular physical and reduced (usually) magic damage. Then it has the "spiky" head mode where it takes dramatically reduced physical damage but dramatically more magic damage. I was doing ~15K Requiescat's on him during spiky head mode.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-01-10 15:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Vol.2 is stupidly easy.

Just bring magic damage and physical damage to counter-act his 'mode' changes.
had a different run this morning, no nukers. no concentrating, just 2 blus, run drk sch and geo for buffs, all spamming cdc/dimid/torcleave. average time was under 4 minutes on VD
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-01-10 16:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hitome said: »
I know it has been asked before but can we please have monthly Ambu threads/sticky said threads?

I'm happy to sticky threads like that, if asked. I just don't typically make threads since I want red text as the title to be a site announcement of some kind.
[+]
By Sidra 2017-01-10 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it changes every month, they are wildly popular, and there are two of them I feel like the stickies should be like:

January - Intense Ambuscade Volume 1
January - Ambuscade Volume 2

Then it's easy to find right what you are looking for. Since the old fights are basically deleted and non playable anymore - you can probably delete those threads or acrchive them somewhere so as not to clutter up the forum.
[+]
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-01-10 16:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any more information on how people are doing V1? Can't seem to find a way to reliably keep the aura down and hate is all over the place because of it. Have tried Ramuh autos/Ramuh BPs, BST Autos/WS's, BLU Sinker Drill spam, PUP autos/WS's, BST seemed to have the most luck but still not reliable. Every time I turned and auto-attacked it on PLD it seemed to drop at well.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-10 16:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidra said: »
Since it changes every month, they are wildly popular, and there are two of them I feel like the stickies should be like:

January - Intense Ambuscade Volume 1
January - Ambuscade Volume 2

Then it's easy to find right what you are looking for. Since the old fights are basically deleted and non playable anymore - you can probably delete those threads or acrchive them somewhere so as not to clutter up the forum.

Ambuscade Volume 1 - January 2017
Ambuscade Volume 2 - January 2017

Might work a tad better so you can have a more consistent title.
By hobo 2017-01-10 17:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Theenabler said: »
Any more information on how people are doing V1? Can't seem to find a way to reliably keep the aura down and hate is all over the place because of it.

I had a rather messy party for D but it was working. 3 pups, 2 smn and a Cor. Each pup took a mob away, didn't ever see the aura being a problem.

Would like to see it being done with a run or pld super tanking instead but that is for another time.
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-01-10 17:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The supertanking hasn't been working for us because the second the aura goes up, it's basically impossible to group them back together or even get hate back on one of them. If aura gets figured out this should be no problem though.

Edit: Just went in to test a theory with PLD GEO SCH, I face tanked them all while engaged and i never saw aura come up and could hold consistent hate. Vex/attune allowed for a full resist on Imperiling Disregard twice.
By hobo 2017-01-10 17:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright good to know. Guess I'll do some testing to see if 2 groups work, or do you have to go 3.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-01-10 18:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things we noticed doing our Vol1 normal run:

1) The two tank strat won't work --- a theory on BG said that the aura means the mobs target the second on the hate list, but this doesn't seem to be true ---- it's purely chaotic and you can't dual tank the mobs

2) The aura toggling seems to have to do with their TP usage, and I think it's NOT something the player controls directly (via damage)

I watched a RUN face-away tank the two adds solo, without doing any damage, and the aura seemed to toggle whenever one of them used a TP move and it was resisted

when the RUN turned around and got charmed, there was no toggling

note that in the above, the boss was dead, and the adds were in full charm mode

gonna be testing some more

EDIT: Sometimes the TP moves would toggle the OTHER add's aura
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-01-10 18:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try to keep the OP updated from now on with current strat.

I'm waiting a little more to get useful info about the fights.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-01-10 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Difficult Intense but it was a PD/Conduit zerg with Mewing Lullaby spam... certainly not the intended way to win. These mobs have low hp, one single Volt Strike can remove 25~65% of their life but they have a ton of awful attacks :
Raqs Baladi Dance : AoE Gaze Charm + Burn
Blight Dance : AoE Gaze Petrification + 200~300 HP/tick Poison
Petrifying Dance : AoE Gaze Terror
Chastening Disregard : AoE Gaze Amnesia
Imperiling Disregard : AoE Petrification + 5 seconds Doom
Divine Retribution : AoE that reduces HP to 1, cannot kill. PDT and EA/Scherzo work, it's pretty much the physical version of Zero Hour.

Frigg and Skhati will quickly repop after being killed if Freyja is still alive, Freyja doesn't repop.
They EES at the same time.
Geo debuffs work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-01-10 18:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Difficult intense using
SAM
DRK
DNC
GEO
GEO
WHM

DNC: Middle
DRK: Left
SAM: Right
GEO1: Fury/Torpor/Wilt
GEO2: Attunement/Vex/Haste
WHM: Cures/Stona

No two hours used.

We theorized that as long as you keep hitting the mob, the aura stays down. We attacked all 3 individually until they were all around 20-30%. Once ready, the DNC killed the main lamina (Middle) and then within 30 seconds kill the other two links asap. Hate stayed on the 3 melees since they were constantly hitting them.

We also think we notice some sort of weapon type weakness. Right seems to take less slashing damage and we've tested with MNK and we think that blunt/piercing doesn't take such a penalty on the right one. The main one was taking 500 per hit from daggers and 40-60k Rudra's.
[+]
By hobo 2017-01-10 18:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How long did you take doing that strat?

edit: not asking like 5mins 40 seconds, but general idea. like my run with pups was over 8 cause rolls were reapplied
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-01-10 18:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Aura is 100% not about attacks you perform on them, it is caused by the person with hate facing away. As soon as you turn to face the mob the aura will drop. Facing them will also resist the doom/petrify effect of Imperiling Disregard(possibly).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-01-10 19:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine Retribution also reset the hate of everyone.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 19:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Vol.2 is stupidly easy.

Just bring magic damage and physical damage to counter-act his 'mode' changes.
had a different run this morning, no nukers. no concentrating, just 2 blus, run drk sch and geo for buffs, all spamming cdc/dimid/torcleave. average time was under 4 minutes on VD

That is entirely too long for Normal VD, seriously make sure everyone has a magic WS set and when it gets spikes on it's head just spam those WS's.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-01-10 19:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Vol1 VE solo on Dancer to remove all extraneous variables. Can confirm that the aura goes up when the person with hate is not facing the Lamia, and it disappears when the person with hate looks at the Lamia for a few seconds. To add to what I noticed earlier, when the aura is up, the Lamia will find a seemingly random target.

The Lamia are scorned lovers. When slighted, they will target another person to make you jealous. When you give them attention, they forgive you and then everything's back to normal.

Proof I was able to snag at the last second:

EDIT: Did three more attempts and the hypothesis held every time. The aura is gaze-based.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-01-10 19:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
How long did you take doing that strat?

<5 minutes. It was zerglike.

We were trying to test the mechanism of EES also and we "think" it might be HP based.

As for the aura thing, we really don't know for sure. We tried a few on VE with a few people and for some odd reason, whenever our GEO tried to melee one, the aura would go away even despite missing. I tried to melee one on SCH and nothing ever happened.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 19:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow that's messed up, if you face them you get charmed, if you turn away they chase random people around.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-01-10 19:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Oh wow that's messed up, if you face them you get charmed, if you turn away they chase random people around.

The aura doesn't immediately appear, so if you turn away really quickly and then turn back it should be alright
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30