Pick one thing you wish they fixed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-08 07:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

zone lines, fml teleporting to an area for convenience and stepping into a cloister or some ***by mistake sigh
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-08 08:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Striker said: »
the clipping delay when walking into/through people
They changed that for afk players awhile back, if a character is afk for like 30s I think, you run through them as if they weren't there.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-08 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace all of those freaking Porter Moogle storage slips with ONE.

And make it a KI.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those random inch high mounds of snow in the Glaciar and Xarcabard, I remember back in 75 dynamis PLDs would hold Ying and Yang, you'd try and run up there only to hit the 1 inch snow barrier and have to run up the left hand side of the ramp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-08 08:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Allowing scholars to Accession Haste. Garuda can do it, BLU can do it...sch should be able to do it too.

While we're on Accession/Manifestation, the ability to AoE Distract, Flurry, and Frazzle would be fine too.

AF weapon reforges. We have the armor, how about the pointy stuff?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-08 08:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Allowing scholars to Accession Haste. Garuda can do it, BLU can do it...sch should be able to do it too.

While we're on Accession/Manifestation, the ability to AoE Distract, Flurry, and Frazzle would be fine too.

Actually I think you have a fair point about all the AoE stuff, particularly haste, can't see what would be particularly broken about it, not like it would be a SCH only thing, any job /SCH can use Accession.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-08 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can only Accession buffs that they learn naturally, this is SE's excuse for not letting us AoE haste.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-08 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH can Accession Phalanx, bar spells, Erase, and any -na, and Manifest Spikes spells and Stun, not to mention /DRK absorbs, because that was the fast way to create a pajama staff.

So I don't think it has anything to do with being a native spell; it's SE and their lolbarance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-06-08 17:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The gigantic names when you swap targets mid-fight. WHY DID THEY ADD THISSSSSSS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Magicstick
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-06-08 18:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

After zoning the 30secong-1min inventory item load time and update RME weapons.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2015-06-08 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Manifest Spikes spells

can't as of last update

but I still see your point
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-06-08 18:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I say this damn pos augment system! Should be like the airlixer gear, pick a path and get those stats. The RAS in this game is ridiculous!
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-09 07:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Replace all of those freaking Porter Moogle storage slips with ONE.

And make it a KI.
The reason for storage slips has to do with how stuff is stored in the database. Each object can have a maximum amount of data with it (including things like crafter signature), and the storage slips combine information for certain types of items into as compact a form as possible. They store the maximum possible number of items in the limited data area.

For instance, event gear isn't augmentable, so you either have it or you don't, and each item becomes ONE BIT in the storage slip data. REM gear has a bunch of different tiers of upgrades, but they follow just a few paths of trials. Since you should only ever have one of them, it could be, say, a four-bit or eight-bit number representing which version you have.

Notice how there's not a storage slip for Skirmish items? That's because they can have so many different augments.

Yeah, there's a lot of storage slips, but there's a reason there are so many, and that's because there's a bazllion items in the game. Think of each one of them as a sort of punched card, with each punch referring to a specific item or version of an item.

And I never even started using them. I was sad when the old-school event item storage NPCs stopped getting upgraded for new item types, but they probably ran out of whatever data space that used.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-06-09 08:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else feel like those Wild Rabbits outside S Sandy are OP? How did you all get past level 1?!
By Jetackuu 2015-06-09 08:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Anyone else feel like those Wild Rabbits outside S Sandy are OP? How did you all get past level 1?!
Pugils.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-06-09 08:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxiah shout
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 08:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Anyone else feel like those Wild Rabbits outside S Sandy are OP?

No.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2015-06-09 08:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
The 95% accuracy cap for players. Like, *** that ***. I can't tell you how many times I got sad in the pants from wiffing a big weaponskill like Steel Cyclone, Ground Strike, or Tachi: Gekko. Or even completely missing a multi-hit WS like Guillotine.

I thought they already fixed this for 1 handers. Don't they cap at 99% now?
Server: Siren
By Siren.Coffeeandapples 2015-06-09 08:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
how the game disconnects if you sit too long at the yes/no prompt right before character selection
You can make a little workaround with windower. In your scripts/init.txt, put this at the bottom. The script will push you past the first confirmation, so it won't disconnect you anymore c:
Code
wait 4;setkey return down;wait .1;setkey return up;
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-09 09:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Coffeeandapples said: »
how the game disconnects if you sit too long at the yes/no prompt right before character selection
You can make a little workaround with windower. In your scripts/init.txt, put this at the bottom. The script will push you past the first confirmation, so it won't disconnect you anymore c:
Code

I had never thought to try that. Thank you for the info.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-09 09:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
The 95% accuracy cap for players. Like, *** that ***. I can't tell you how many times I got sad in the pants from wiffing a big weaponskill like Steel Cyclone, Ground Strike, or Tachi: Gekko. Or even completely missing a multi-hit WS like Guillotine.

I thought they already fixed this for 1 handers. Don't they cap at 99% now?

Only the main hand is 99% cap. Off hand is still 95%.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Coffeeandapples said: »
Code

Why didn't I do this a decade ago!?
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-06-09 09:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

* The way FFXI/POL will close completely should you lose connection at all. Seriously. What the hell?

* Auto target targeting the mob you have hate on priority being WHOEVER IS THE FURTHEST AWAY WHY GOD.

* Players standing on close to the edge of a platform and seeing them magically teleport to the ground and back sporadically, aggroing every mob below them and thus every mob in the zone as they come all the way around to get them.

* As a result of the above: There are now too many mobs near you and you cannot move or do anything or so much as draw your weapon to defend yourself. You are now ***.

* The way the bridge in Port Bastok has slowly fallen out of sync with the airship and it now sometimes appears as though the airship is ramming right through the bridge.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 09:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magicstick said: »
After zoning the 30secong-1min inventory item load time

They told us this would happen when they increased the size of our inventories and we all told them to go ahead and do it anyhow.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
The gigantic names when you swap targets mid-fight. WHY DID THEY ADD THISSSSSSS.

I like it.

They should maybe make a toggle for it though. A lot of people seem to hate it for some reason.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-09 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I like it.

They should maybe make a toggle for it though. A lot of people seem to hate it for some reason.

I'm not a fan of it. The text looks pixelated, plus if I'm trying to cycle through a group of like-mobs at range, it actually makes it harder to see which one I'm targeting.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 11:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Fix the terrible game killing decision of breaking lvl 75 cap for ffxi...

Breaking 75 cap wasn't the bad decision. It was keeping 75 the cap for so very long before raising it, combined with all the people who look back fondly on six hour waits to get into a party, and spending 8-12 months of their life getting one job to 75.

Sounds like a personal problem.
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2015-06-09 12:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see more wardroves, like 1 per job :D it sucks to have to be 140/160 every time I gear blu!
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 12:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are people still crying about the level cap?

That was like five years ago.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8