Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
If people hate you, at least it means you're doing something right.
I can't quite grasp this concept.
It's not a general concept, it's just an explanation of my first paragraph.

People will hate someone who has success. Jealousy, whatever, they will hate this person because he/she has success. Whether the person is genuinely nice/good/clean or not, they will still hate the person because he/she is successful.

If you are Hitler and people hate you, no, you aren't necessarily doing something right.
If you you've been working on something for years and finally achieve success while remaining clean and people hate you, well, that's my point.

Second example is the most common.

Hades.Rooks said: »
If people hate you, at least it means you're doing something right.

Completely, utterly ridiculous. I was one of the first NA relics on Hades and half the server showed up to Dragon's Aery to congratulate me, people I didn't even know. It was partly about the novelty, I'm sure, but the sense of pride that one of us had done something (with a tremendous amount of help from his linkshell) was palpable.

You can absolutely be successful without being an *** about it, and you can certainly do it without being hated. Stow your cynicism.
You're naive. I was, too.

When I got my D ring, I was the first EU on the server to get one and it was unheard of in the French community. The whole server, even people who truly hated me sent me tells, congratulated me, whatever. I was genuinely surprised. People that I didn't even know who just got to Sky (new players) were sending me tells in Jeuno to tell me that it was amazing and all.

Then I checked my account information when I was hired at SE and I saw the people who were reporting me every day for claim bot (I've never botted, but that's beside the point) and other holding. They were the same people who did congratulate me, at the same moment.

So basically, while they were all praising me in Behemoth's Dominion, what I didn't know is that most of them had just sent a GM call to report me for claim botting.
They hated me for an unrelated reason, which is even more childish, mind you.

Naive.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 11:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
Games like LoL, DOTA2, Smite, heroes of the storm are games you can play less than an hour long unless unlucky.

I can't be 100% positive because I've never touched the game, but I get the impression that LOL has the "anime titty factor" too. Something XI has never really tried to push deliberately, albeit a tacit presence at times.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Games like LoL, DOTA2, Smite, heroes of the storm are games you can play less than an hour long unless unlucky.

I can't be 100% positive because I've never touched the game, but I get the impression that LOL has the "anime titty factor" too. Something XI has never really tried to push deliberately, albeit a tacit presence at times.
Honestly, I've never heard anyone but me call "Miss Fortune", "Milf Fortune".

People don't really care about the sexuality of the characters, whether they're teenagers or grown men.
By aisukage 2015-06-10 11:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are Hitler and people hate you, no, you aren't necessarily doing something right.

You just explained why what you said was completely wrong. If people hate him does not mean anything other than people hate him for a reason. What that reason is could be right or wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 11:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You just explained why what you said was completely wrong. If people hate him does not mean anything other than people hate him for a reason. What that reason is could be right or wrong.
***is situational.

You have to try to be as objective as possible. Did Hitler try to be objective?

As simple as that. I didn't explain why I'm wrong, I'm explaining that there is something called nuance, and people will hate you for being successful and a nice person. They will. Not saying everyone will, not saying it will happen every time, but more often than not, someone will be.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-10 11:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

***is situational.

As simple as that. I didn't explain why I'm wrong, I'm explaining that there is something called nuance, and people will hate you for being successful and a nice person. They will. Not saying everyone will, not saying it will happen every time, but more often than not, someone will be.

Hey I have a great idea. Take that *** crap to PM and get back on topic.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 11:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone pointed out here in the EverQuest analogy that EverQuest is F2P?

If XI were to go F2P (not going to happen, given they still make tons of money from it), but if it were, how many subs do you think would come back?

Irrelevant but to play on their progression servers you have to pay.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 11:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
It's obvious that most people still playing today would prefer today over yesterday. That is blatantly obvious. this typically presides among all mmos, because people who quit playing a game normally don't stick around its forums. That being said, the subs that existed is a pretty good idea of what eras were more enjoyable.

Now I'll use Everquest as another example. Everquests decline started roughly after its expansion Gates of Discord. Everquest currently has many many QoL changes that almost all its current player base would consider better for the game. They release this TLP servers every few years that do phenomenally well and usually start to die after GoD expansion just as the subs previously showed for the era this was originally released.

What does this mean? It's an example of the biased feelings of a current pop of a game would suggest that the current game is better. Do people still enjoy games like FFXI in its current state? Absolutely, but to imply that the game is BETTER now and days is completely fabricated. I support the idea that someone feels it's better and I completely enjoy the current game and have a significant amount of fun, but from a financial standpoint it's not. Now I know you guys don't like me claiming its fabricated, but you have no way of proving otherwise. What people do have access to though is subscription numbers that did exist and the success that several companies have had restoring the nostalgic factor.

If what you guys claimed to be true mmos would start declining as soon as they launched, rather than hitting s peak of enjoyment that people felt was the best time of the mmo then decline. Do mmos slowly die from influenced outside sources like other mmos? Most definitely, but as WoW has shown, you can regain those numbers proving that "MMOs are guaranteed to die" statements false. Have they lost people since they regained a large number? Absolutely, but not because of the theorized idea that MMOs are suppose to die, but because people lost enjoyment. Do they correlate? Definitely, but it also contradicts your guys reasoning, because if people don't enjoy the game anymore, obviously they will quit. If the game was better after the 75 days people would keep playing.

Why are games like LoL or smite growing all the time? Because they are suppose to die?

Please tell me exactly what was better other than the community and explain exactly why it was better if you believe it so much. All i keep seeing is it had more subs so of course it was better which again was a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.

I remember his game lost a lot of subs when people rage quit about the level cap before it even happened not even to give the game a chance.

They lost a lot of subs with the mass bans they do.

This game lost a lot of subs due to FFXIV like myself for example most of my friends followed me from XI. Like someone has already stated SE hasn't really tried to push this game out there anymore with advertisements. A lot won't even give it a try any more because there are much nicer looking games out there. WoW is known world wide and i remember seeing adverts for it on TV not even that long ago with celebrities in it like Ozzy and chuck norris. Also a lot will think why play an older version of FF when XIV is out and looks so much better not even knowing the difference. The community is getting worse with the decrease which also puts off the very few new players the game does get.

Games like LoL, DOTA2, Smite, heroes of the storm are games you can play less than an hour long unless unlucky. They get great advertisements with LOL being #1 on twitch most the time. HOTS just being a Blizzard game gets instant likes. DOTA2 is a Valve game and a remake of very enjoyable old mod that all these MOBA games were based off.

Nothing to support anything you just said. Thank you though. FFXI declined before FFXIV even came out, but believe whatever you want.

Didn't even care to respond to the other stuff you say because obvious illogical fallacies are obvious.

I understand though, when I don't typically like what someone says even though it makes sense, I like to spew nonsense.
By aisukage 2015-06-10 11:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They will. Not saying everyone will, not saying it will happen every time, but more often than not, someone will be.

Yes he did. His objective was to create the Aryan race and because of it he slaughtered many people to do it you can see why people hated him. Oh and he wasn't even successful lol.

some will yes because some are bitter like that. Your statement is still wrong though because people could just like him for being a *** not because he is doing anything right. He could be doing everything wrong be broke in game. Have 0 idea how to play the game and still people hate him because he was just being a *** trust me i have known a lot of people like that over the many years playing. So no he isn't doing anything right JUST because people hate him.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-10 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnnnd there's Hitler. Ok, back to the topic we go, guys.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 11:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Something is wrong with me supposedly, and you guys are trying to make correlations to Hitler on a FFXI fansite.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-10 11:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall just jealous cause Hitler had a Ridill.

Occasionally attacks jews twice.
[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-10 12:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obvious that most people still playing today would prefer today over yesterday. That is blatantly obvious. this typically presides among all mmos, because people who quit playing a game normally don't stick around its forums. That being said, the subs that existed is a pretty good idea of what eras were more enjoyable.

Now I'll use Everquest as another example. Everquests decline started roughly after its expansion Gates of Discord. Everquest currently has many many QoL changes that almost all its current player base would consider better for the game. They release this TLP servers every few years that do phenomenally well and usually start to die after GoD expansion just as the subs previously showed for the era this was originally released.

What does this mean? It's an example of the biased feelings of a current pop of a game would suggest that the current game is better. Do people still enjoy games like FFXI in its current state? Absolutely, but to imply that the game is BETTER now and days is completely fabricated. I support the idea that someone feels it's better and I completely enjoy the current game and have a significant amount of fun, but from a financial standpoint it's not. Now I know you guys don't like me claiming its fabricated, but you have no way of proving otherwise. What people do have access to though is subscription numbers that did exist and the success that several companies have had restoring the nostalgic factor.

If what you guys claimed to be true mmos would start declining as soon as they launched, rather than hitting s peak of enjoyment that people felt was the best time of the mmo then decline. Do mmos slowly die from influenced outside sources like other mmos? Most definitely, but as WoW has shown, you can regain those numbers proving that "MMOs are guaranteed to die" statements false. Have they lost people since they regained a large number? Absolutely, but not because of the theorized idea that MMOs are suppose to die, but because people lost enjoyment. Do they correlate? Definitely, but it also contradicts your guys reasoning, because if people don't enjoy the game anymore, obviously they will quit. If the game was better after the 75 days people would keep playing.

Why are games like LoL or smite growing all the time? Because they are suppose to die?

Please tell me exactly what was better other than the community and explain exactly why it was better if you believe it so much. All i keep seeing is it had more subs so of course it was better which again was a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea.

I remember his game lost a lot of subs when people rage quit about the level cap before it even happened not even to give the game a chance.

This game lost a lot of subs due to FFXIV like myself for example most of my friends followed me from XI. Like someone has already stated SE hasn't really tried to push this game out there anymore with advertisements. A lot won't even give it a try any more because there are much nicer looking games out there. WoW is known world wide and i remember seeing adverts for it on TV not even that long ago with celebrities in it like Ozzy and chuck norris. Also a lot will think why play an older version of FF when XIV is out and looks so much better not even knowing the difference. The community is getting worse with the decrease which also puts off the very few new players the game does get.

Games like LoL, DOTA2, Smite, heroes of the storm are games you can play less than an hour long unless unlucky. They get great advertisements with LOL being #1 on twitch most the time. HOTS just being a Blizzard game gets instant likes. DOTA2 is a Valve game and a remake of very enjoyable old mod that all these MOBA games were based off.

Nothing to support anything you just said. Thank you though. FFXI declined before FFXIV even came out, but believe whatever you want.

did you even read it LOL. Rage quitting because of 75 cap before giving it a try (were you even around at this time cause you saw it everywhere people saying they were quitting selling all their ***off dirt cheap/giving it away. I made a ton of gil during that time) and the mass bans they constantly do which is no secret Decreased the population. Then rage quitters quit because all the work they spent in the years could be done in a few months and they were butt hurt (again if you really played this game like you talk like you have this is common knowledge) with that even though it saves a bunch of time for people. Teleporting about so you're not wasting hours of your life pointlessly just running about. A lot of things they did make this game much more enjoyable than straight up wasting your life only reason i never quit before 75 cap was because of the awesome ls community we had going. Game was pretty ***but the community saved it for me which is the main reason i quit 2 years ago before coming back lack of things and community wasn't the same nothing to do with the game getting worst i loved abyssea i found it a lot of fun with it giving people plenty to do.

Oh you still giving 0 reasons why it was better before. guess you don't even believe in what you keep going on about if you can't give reasons why it was better.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-06-10 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
So when is someone going to break out with a lamentation about cassette tapes and compact discs being better than today's media options too?

*ahem*

*coughs embarassingly*

Tapes I can live without aside from nostalgia, but I actually like owning physical copies of music. Gives me a little more freedom with something I've paid for.

That said, all-digital is certainly more convenient!

Sorry for the slight tangent, but...uh. Well, I'm weird like that.

Nonono, having the hard copies is perfectly understandable.
Pretty sure that anyone who has their entire music library in digital form has lost it at some point too due to having to reformat/replace. (If you haven't holy crap are you lucky and I am indeed jealous.)
I was just making the comparison of using those forms of media solely over today's less-cluttered system akin to bitching that anything after level 75 is heresy/tragic/big no-no.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 12:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't really care about the sexuality of the characters, whether they're teenagers or grown men.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

*catches breath*

Bwahahahahahaha...

*wipes tear*

Heeee...woooo...hooooboy.

That's rich.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-06-10 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

*catches breath*

Bwahahahahahaha...

*wipes tear*

That's rich.

....DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball.
Because it was an awesome Volleyball game.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 12:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

did you even read it LOL. Rage quitting because of 75 cap before giving it a try (were you even around at this time cause you saw it everywhere people saying they were quitting selling all their ***off dirt cheap/giving it away. I made a ton of gil during that time) and the mass bans they constantly do which is no secret Decreased the population. Then rage quitters quit because all the work they spent in the years could be done in a few months and they were butt hurt (again if you really played this game like you talk like you have this is common knowledge) with that even though it saves a bunch of time for people. Teleporting about so you're not wasting hours of your life pointlessly just running about. A lot of things they did make this game much more enjoyable than straight up wasting your life only reason i never quit before 75 cap was because of the awesome ls community we had going. Game was pretty ***but the community saved it for me which is the main reason i quit 2 years ago before coming back lack of things and community wasn't the same nothing to do with the game getting worst i loved abyssea i found it a lot of fun with it giving people plenty to do.

Oh you still giving 0 reasons why it was better before. guess you don't even believe in what you keep going on about if you can't give reasons why it was better.

Is this what this argument has come to. You telling me what I have or haven't done? The subs talk for themselves. There is proof. You have done nothing but try and ridicule me and tell me what I have or haven't done, then provide nothing and tell me I haven't. I even gave an example of another game. Are you saying that people don't have favorite eras in an MMO? What you claim directly reflects not only that, but that FFXI should of started dying from the beginning because it's typical for MMOs to do that.

Wonder how many times I'll have to repeat myself before people say something of logical sense.

The game grew till 2009, then started dying, but apparently the game started becoming so good that people left something they enjoyed? Sounds logical. The beast that MMOs are should of died from launch right? It' required that MMOs die from the beginning. Let's not forget the mistake that even the devs admitted was Abyssea.

Just because YOU enjoye current FFXI doesn't mean everyone does. Again ( I know, I have to keep repeating myself), the subs ARE INFO we have to prove that era was more financial stable, you.... have..... not...... proven...... otherwise that current era is better. The burden of proof lies upon you with such a claim, because outside of that, all the info we have proves otherwise.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

*catches breath*

Bwahahahahahaha...

*wipes tear*

That's rich.
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHA...

*catches breath*

Bwahahahahahaha...

*wipes tear*

That's rich.

....DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball.
Because it was an awesome Volleyball game.
>I have no knowledge of what I speak of but here is me telling you that DOAXBV's models were used for LoL

Hope your testosterone can handle it.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-10 12:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

>I have no knowledge of what I speak of but here is me telling you that DOAXBV's models were used for LoL

Sorry, it's just that...really? Sexuality has never sold video games?

If I wasn't kinda busy atm I'd just start grabbing shots of box art...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 12:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, it's just that...really? Sexuality has never sold video games?

If I wasn't kinda busy atm I'd just start grabbing shots of box art...
Yes, for video games in general, sex sells it's obvious, and yes, Rito James tries to put a bit of it here and there. But they usually get de_stroyed by SJWs. Several splash arts were remade to remove cleavages and not a single pair of *** has been allowed to break B cup for a few years now.

LoL is more about edgy drawings than cleavages. A couple years ago, they made a dance for a character that made a lot of people angry. They said it was too sexual, it was just a character dancing around a pole for like 3 seconds, and it wasn't that shocking, if at all.

The only people I've seen caring about LoL character's physical attributes are /lolg/, and even then, it's ironic.

I'd actually be interested to know if cleavages sell more than edgy stuff. Considering the amount of edge, I'd be tempted to think that teenagers nowadays aren't into cleavages much.
By aisukage 2015-06-10 12:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this what this argument has come to. You telling me what I have or haven't done? The subs talk for themselves. There is proof. You have done nothing but try and ridicule me and tell me what I have or haven't done, then provide nothing and tell me I haven't. I even gave an example of another game. Are you saying that people don't have favorite eras in an MMO? What you claim directly reflects not only that, but that FFXI should of started dying from the beginning because it's typical for MMOs to do that.

Wonder how many times I'll have to repeat myself before people say something of logical sense.

The game grew till 2009, then started dying, but apparently the game started becoming so good that people left something they enjoyed? Sounds logical. The beast that MMOs are should of died from launch right? It' required that MMOs die from the beginning. Let's not forget the mistake that even the devs admitted was Abyssea.

Just because YOU enjoye current FFXI doesn't mean everyone does. Again ( I know, I have to keep repeating myself), the subs ARE INFO we have to prove that era was more financial stable, you.... have..... not...... proven...... otherwise that current era is better. The burden of proof lies upon you with such a claim, because outside of that, all the info we have proves otherwise.

/sigh You really can't read can you? The proof i asked for is how this game was better at 75 cap. Again the subs is all you care about. This game was so much worst in game play sense (traveling for hours which is just a waste and levelling 1-2 hours for 1-2 lvls after waiting for hours for a party or spending a lot of time making one just to get there and 1 person leaving 20 mins after you start to stop what you are doing to go back to town which was a pain for some parties even going through seeking to join party list to find that 1 spot you need like whm and having no one responses. best example is jungle parties when they have to take the ship just to join you also a huge waste of every ones time. Then once he gets there it's been too long another person has to go) the only thing that made this game amazing was the community there were so many things wrong with the game that they have fixed and made better over the years. I have given many facts on how this game has changed for the better you have given NONE to how its got worst apart from the same shitty subs excuse which i have tried also to explain is cause by many factors which you are so blind to believe. I'm done if you can't even answer 1 simple question
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 13:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Because I enjoyed it, so obviously not everyone agrees with you, and there is a couple more in this thread. So, obviously not everyone agrees, and all I need to care about is subs. I don't need to make illogical arguments like you when there is enough proof right there. Not my fault you don't like subs as a reason. Better yet, no matter any reason, it's blatantly obvious you would argue otherwise anyways. Don't try to attack my intelligence as if I can't comprehend what you are asking, when I have and you just don't like the answer.
By aisukage 2015-06-10 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? Because I enjoyed it, so obviously not everyone agrees with you, and there is a couple more in this thread. So, obviously not everyone agrees, and all I need to care about is subs. I don't need to make illogical arguments like you when there is enough proof right there. Not my fault you don't like subs as a reason. Better yet, no matter any reason, it's blatantly obvious you would argue otherwise anyways. Don't try to attack my intelligence as if I can't comprehend what you are asking, when I have and you just don't like the answer.

still no answer to my question. you like it fair enougth doesn't make it better. Getting around places in 5-15mins instead of wasting time doing nothing but watching you char run for hours is better. (i bet many found something else to do while auto running about which isn't even playing the game at that point) what intelligence when you can't even answer 1 very very simple question over an hour of redirecting the question to the game dying which is a cause of many factors not because of decreasing game quality that i have stated. Again something you give no reasons but cry subs.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-06-10 13:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the metrics being used. Most I've seen extrapolate subscription data from total profits, and these days that's profits from the entire digital entertainment division. So, for example, slide 17 here (with slide 18 demonstrating why FFXI is going mobile).

With that in mind, figure, most of the 75 and under era had relatively recent launches in particular regions or platforms, and boxed expansions for a good chunk of it too. Then they hit the PS2 storage wall and had the add-on scenarios and later Abyssea, then no paid expansions for a while...and a steady stream of big name post-WoW competition rolling out (RIFT, TERA, SWTOR, GW2, etc).
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-10 13:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

still no answer to my question. you like it fair enougth doesn't make it better. Getting around places in 5-15mins instead of wasting time doing nothing but watching you char run for hours is better. (i bet many found something else to do while auto running about which isn't even playing the game at that point) what intelligence when you can't even answer 1 very very simple question over an hour of redirecting the question to the game dying which is a cause of many factors not because of decreasing game quality that i have stated. Again something you give no reasons but cry subs.

insert facepalm gif.
By aisukage 2015-06-10 13:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

insert facepalm gif.

[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-10 14:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove animation lock like they did in FFXIV for all JA/spells. Most players use clipper for this anyway, but it would be nice if it were standard like it is in FFXIV.
[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-10 14:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Catastrophe's miss rate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Oakozric
Server: Bahamut
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2015-06-10 14:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The one thing I wish they fixed, is one thing I wish they never created: iLvl.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-10 14:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Remove animation lock like they did in FFXIV for all JA/spells. Most players use clipper for this anyway, but it would be nice if it were standard like it is in FFXIV.
Just need to switch gear to cancel animations (works for the worst ones, engage/disengage). It's still efforts over no efforts but at least it doesn't "force" you to use Clipper.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8