New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Pick one thing you wish they fixed
Pick one thing you wish they fixed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By missdivine 2015-06-09 12:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Animation locks/ pvp/gui/macros/chat boxes/random unlabeled npcs that starts quests, .ect list is quite long, game is really flawed.
By snakeplisken 2015-06-09 12:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

taking off option of switching HP's every time I change jobs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-06-09 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Breaking 75 cap wasn't the bad decision. It was keeping 75 the cap for so very long before raising it, combined with all the people who look back fondly on six hour waits to get into a party, and spending 8-12 months of their life getting one job to 75.

I thought that was called playing the game...

lets removed leveling
lets remove skilling up...
Why cant i just sit in my mh at login time and get all jobs capped out. and all spells,weapons and armors, and then go do... something i guess...

I think i finnaly found out the kind of people those flash games that just bombards you with rewards crap as soon as you login are for...

in my personally opinion they should have low capped abyssea for lvl 70-75 ish
They should Not have made Gov
That way most of the game wouldt not have turned into a ghost town because everybody could afk their job to cap.

Expand what you can do in a game to entertain you FFS dont reduce it.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-06-09 13:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They pretty much fixed everything that was needed lately ! I guess the only thing would be staking buff making us too strong
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 13:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, kids. I bemoaned the break of the level cap when it happened too.

But the game is still going and still pulling in more money in a "dying" state than most MMOs do period.

And everything you're all bitching about happens in the only other MMO to make more money consistently on a big scale, sooooo.

If you want to sit down on a bench and hit yourself in the genitals with a hammer for fun, be my guest, but either learn to adjust or move on. Either way, quit bitching about a game you don't play anymore.

Don't keep playing a game you don't like or -- worse -- don't quit playing and then lurk on a forum for the game because you have nothing better to do with your time than bemoan the days gone by and try to grief others who still manage to get something out of the game.
[+]
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-06-09 14:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All the things everyone's mentioned and nobody has mentioned blu's spell learning? (I guess because most blus are already done? Or nobody likes blu. idk.)

Out of all the things in the game that are mostly mildly annoying, with a few frustrations like animation locks (specifically when trying to do something to not die, or after dying), blu spell learning is imo the absolute worst.

I would increase the learning rate a lot, so we don't have to sit and play with every mob family in the zone to try and learn one spell for hours on end. Even with blu gloves and capped magic it can be a painful experience that takes a lot of time away from being able to go out and enjoy the game.

Or at the very least, add more stackable gear in other slots to improve learning chances with a range from lv 10 to 99, because sitting there trying to learn body slam for 5 hours, but getting eyes on me on the first mob is frustrating to no end.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

But the game is still going and still pulling in more money in a "dying" state than most MMOs do period.

And everything you're all bitching about happens in the only other MMO to make more money consistently on a big scale, sooooo.

If you want to sit down on a bench and hit yourself in the genitals with a hammer for fun, be my guest, but either learn to adjust or move on. Either way, quit bitching about a game you don't play anymore.

Don't keep playing a game you don't like or -- worse -- don't quit playing and then lurk on a forum for the game because you have nothing better to do with your time than bemoan the days gone by and try to grief others who still manage to get something out of the game.

I play the game still and enjoy the current game. 75 days were still better. Deal with it.
By Draylo 2015-06-09 14:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

I play the game still and enjoy the current game. 75 days were still better. Deal with it.

No actually they weren't, they were 10x worse. The only thing that was more enjoyable was the community as it wasn't full of jaded *** who can't get over things.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

75 days were still better.

You enjoyed them more. "Better" is subjective, and there was an awful lot of stupid, annoying ***at 75 that some people like to forget.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

No actually they weren't, they were 10x worse. The only thing that was more enjoyable was the community as it wasn't full of jaded *** who can't get over things.

10x worse to who. The view is subjective, the only thing we know for certain is there was more subscribers. Apparently more = worse to you though.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-09 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the 75 era community was more jaded than the current one, at least those that did endgame hated everyone and everyone hated them.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-09 14:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Animation locks/ pvp/gui/macros/chat boxes/random unlabeled npcs that starts quests, .ect list is quite long, game is really flawed.

You been on this site for over 3 years bashing this game, that is pretty strange man.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You enjoyed them more. "Better" is subjective, and there was an awful lot of stupid, annoying ***at 75 that some people like to forget.

It's not subjective with a company that makes money literally has more income during that era. People don't play games that they don't enjoy. If the 75 days was worse, the population would of been less.
By Draylo 2015-06-09 14:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many factors that go into the differences in population, you can't simply say "well it must have been more fun back then." If that was true then all the private servers would be brimming with people and they aren't.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-09 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not subjective with a company that makes money literally has more income during that era. People don't play games that they don't enjoy. If the 75 days was worse, the population would of been less.

Again. "That they don't enjoy."

Still subjective.

And doesn't account for the natural life of the game anyway.

Just because "more" people liked it doesn't mean it was "better". If that was the case Madden and Call of Duty would be the only video games ever made.

Please realize, I'm not arguing that it's "better" now, either, because it certainly has its flaws.

But you're being really subjective about something, and frankly are looking at the past with rose-colored glasses to boot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-06-09 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove the ability to gear swap when engaged on a monster.

It's been my biggest gripe since shortly after starting. It's an awful thing to see everyone doing.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 14:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is something I've never understood with people who make this argument. That's like saying "a higher percentage of the population used to rely entirely on horses for transportation, ergo horses are better than cars," or "Nobody used to get vaccinated, ergo not getting vaccinated is better."

The MMO market was very different back then. Furthermore, a lot of the people I know who play and played FFXI, both IRL and through the game and other online communications methods, started playing the game when they were teenagers or college students, back when they could go two days without sleep on a weekend to play a videogame.

People such as my BFF, who absolutely loved this game, are grown up, have families, careers, and other things that take up their time. They can't sit around waiting hours for a group, or spend half an hour running somewhere when they might only be able to manage a single hour of play time every couple of days.

The reason this game's population numbers are currently so low are a) Final Fantasy XIV, b) the game's player base has aged, and c) there are other MMOs that are less frustrating to play, with less autistic, elitist, idiotic communities.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-09 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

It's been my biggest gripe since shortly after starting. It's an awful thing to see everyone doing.
/lockstyle
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Still subjective.

Just because "more" people liked it doesn't mean it was "better". If that was the case Madden and Call of Duty would be the only video games ever made.

Please realize, I'm not arguing that it's "better" now, either, because it certainly has its flaws.

But you're being really subjective about something, and frankly are looking at the past with rose-colored glasses to boot.

What natural life of the game. WoW brought back 4million subs with people hopeful for enjoyment when the expansion launched. You are saying that it's natural for a game to die?
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 14:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I have heard all day. The game is literally designed with gearswapping in mind. That's like saying "remove the ability to buff in combat."
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Still subjective.

What natural life of the game. WoW brought back 4million subs with people hopeful for enjoyment when the expansion launched. You are saying that it's natural for a game to die?

Yes, and WoW's sub numbers dive shortly after the expansion is released when people realize why they quit WoW in the first place.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is something I've never understood with people who make this argument. That's like saying "a higher percentage of the population used to rely entirely on horses for transportation, ergo horses are better than cars," or "Nobody used to get vaccinated, ergo not getting vaccinated is better."

The MMO market was very different back then. Furthermore, a lot of the people I know who play and played FFXI, both IRL and through the game and other online communications methods, started playing the game when they were teenagers or college students, back when they could go two days without sleep on a weekend to play a videogame.

People such as my BFF, who absolutely loved this game, are grown up, have families, careers, and other things that take up their time. They can't sit around waiting hours for a group, or spend half an hour running somewhere when they might only be able to manage a single hour of play time every couple of days.

The reason this game's population numbers are currently so low are a) Final Fantasy XIV, b) the game's player base has aged, and c) there are other MMOs that are less frustrating to play, with less autistic, elitist, idiotic communities.

Explain to me how games like Everquest who is much older than FFXI can release a TLP server that brings back a population much larger than any of their servers, if not larger than all the other servers combined, but "no ones got time for that".
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 14:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Still subjective.

Yes, and WoW's sub numbers dive shortly after the expansion is released when people realize why they quit WoW in the first place.

Because why? ding ding ding, the game wasn't enjoyable, hence people quitting because they didn't enjoy the game. Hard concept. Why do you think people still play SNES games. Because they enjoy them. Are you going to tell them they shouldn't do that and to just let the game disappear?

Explain to me why I shouldn't play Secret of Mana. Please.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 14:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain to me how games like Everquest who is much older than FFXI can release a TLP server that brings back a population much larger than any of their servers, if not larger than all the other servers combined, but "no ones got time for that".

How many people are on the EQ Classic/Progression server?

Now how many people played it at peak subscription.

You're talking to someone who used to six-box EverQuest. I'm well aware of what the game is like, I still have various EQ-related merchandise such as the Kunark comic book that got released on the first expansion's release.

If classic EQ was really as good as you say it is, and people want it as bad as you think they do, why haven't tens of thousands of people signed up for it?
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 15:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people are on the EQ Classic/Progression server?

Now how many people played it at peak subscription.

You're talking to someone who used to six-box EverQuest. I'm well aware of what the game is like, I still have various EQ-related merchandise such as the Kunark comic book that got released on the first expansion's release.

If classic EQ was really as good as you say it is, and people want it as bad as you think they do, why haven't tens of thousands of people signed up for it?

The TLP I think was hitting roughly 10k+ pops right now. Which is about quadruple the peak pops on any server during the classic era (I only speculate 10k+ since they said they made the servers suppose to be able to handle double the last servers which was 5k+ and they still had congestion issues trying to log in to this server). If you also watch the growth of these progression servers. Every time they release one they significantly grow with many people not knowing about them earlier on. That being said it's irrelevant. It's obvious that you won't be able to revive a game to it's peak, but sure enough, you can typically find more people interested in those eras than not, which the entirety of the point, that more people enjoyed that era than currently do. That is a fact. Even the numbers support it. You guys can try and create causation or w/e you want to validate your excuses. The one thing we know for a fact is SE was making more money from 11 then.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-06-09 15:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had this same argument on the forums, I just realized, and I'm not going to continue it here. You're feel to think whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're not getting a 75 cap server, nor the reasons why, despite how much want to believe otherwise.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had this same argument on the forums, I just realized, and I'm not going to continue it here. You're feel to think whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that you're not getting a 75 cap server, nor the reasons why, despite how much want to believe otherwise.

I could care less if we get those servers or not. Still doesn't change the facts. Hence why I'm still playing the game.

Assuming you won't continue here because abusing the report post feature doesn't work as well as the OF?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-06-09 15:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I have heard all day. The game is literally designed with gearswapping in mind. That's like saying "remove the ability to buff in combat."

TBF it's likely less the game was designed with it in mind than it was an oversight with huge consequences that was ultimately embraced.
[+]
By snakeplisken 2015-06-09 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

75 days were not better. Having all of the high lvl ls's in one zone for 3-4 hours camping an nm that would be claimed by a bot is not better. It was boring and they should have done all the stuff they've done in the last few years about eight years ago. I think the only reason people think the 75 days were better was nastalgia. Deal with it?
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-06-09 16:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sources to support your opinion?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8